White House has settled in

682,361 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Com'n you guys...this is what the GOP does, gerrymander, suppress votes, scare voters...and in the South you can double down on that with the legacy of the KKK and the like.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Republicans: if you're not willing to assault democracy on 9/11 you're not trying.

North Carolina seems to be winning the race for the worst Republican caucus. Kansas is so bad they can't even win this contest.
NC really seems to have a uniquely rough-and-tumble political culture, particularly the Republicans. There is zero shame out there.
I think this is most likely a sign of desperation and a last gasp by Republicans before NC turns blue. If it doesn't happen in 2020 it's going to happen in the next one or two cycles after that.
The new map is probably going to be rough for them.
bearister
tRump's approval rating now 88%

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/d2wv63/trumps_approval_rating_rises_to_88/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Hopefully military personnel stay informed so that they won't have tRump's back if he refuses to accept the election results and attempts to go full dictator.

BearNIt
Is it okay for allies to spy on each other ?

Apparently it is. Apparently Israel has been caught spying on the Tan One.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49678034
Anarchistbear
It' must be the RUSSIAN jews.
chazzed
From their flagship university to their politicians (read: Republicans), that state sucks. At least they have Mack Brown, right?
BearNIt
Apparently the Idiot in Chief's plan to divert funds to build a wall was not as well received by the military as the administration would have us believe. The Air Force tried to push back in a report addressing the issue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/trump-s-plan-pay-border-wall-air-force-funds-risks-n1054091
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

tRump's approval rating now 88%

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/d2wv63/trumps_approval_rating_rises_to_88/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
+1000
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Another Bear

BearNIt
Another Bear said:

The issue resolved was do the parties raising the emoluments issue before the court have standing? It appears that the lower court's decision was reversed. The parties raising the emoluments question regarding the Idiot in Chief, do have standing and the case can now move forward.
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Trump is seriously, frighteningly unstable the world is in danger
Robert Reich

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/15/donald-trump-nuts-impeachment-25th-amendment-2020-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
BearNIt
Is there anyone who is more ill suited to be Commander in Chief as he lurches from one crisis to another? This Idiot in Chief is willing to disclose U.S. technological secrets to further his photo op at the boarder in front of a fence that most likely is not part of new construction. The fact that he signed a fence post that was part of a fence that had been authorized prior to his taking office shows just how inept he is as a human being as he tries to convince people that it is part of his new construction.
B.A. Bearacus

Yogi14
Don't Trust Elizabeth Warren's Big-Donor Ban
https://jacobinmag.com/2019/09/elizabeth-warren-2020-big-donor-ban-bernie-sanders-corporate-money
bearister
The Final Lesson Donald Trump Never Learned From Roy Cohn - POLITICO Magazine

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/19/roy-cohn-donald-trump-documentary-228144
B.A. Bearacus

GBear4Life
It's about time a national figure is blasting cities for their tolerance of the intolerable. Ideally it'd come from somebody who wasn't politically motivated like DT.
B.A. Bearacus

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
bearister
Donald Trump is no hero of the working class. And the GM strikers know it
Robert Reich

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/22/donald-trump-general-motors-strike?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus

sycasey
Looks like this thing might be happening.

Cal Junkie
Maybe she'll issue a strongly worded letter? Sh*t or get off the pot, lady.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Done deal per this guy, citing NBC.

Unit2Sucks
Pelosi isn't dumb and won't impeach Trump. Having the inquiry is one thing but they wouldn't go through with a vote.

The best thing that could happen to republicans is having Trump impeached and embarrassed with enough time for them to rally the troops behind Mike Pence. They should have done it in 2017 to give Pence more runway. Pence is basically an empty suit and will do anything he's told, whether by "Mother" or Republican power brokers. Trump can be easily manipulated but is still a bit of a wildcard and will often announce things that he then has to be manipulated to abandon. The Republican party would like nothing more than to get rid of Trump and only choose not to over fear of losing his "base."

Best thing for dems is to draw some blood and bolster the 2020 case for Biden/Warren/whomever.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Pelosi isn't dumb and won't impeach Trump. Having the inquiry is one thing but they wouldn't go through with a vote.

The best thing that could happen to republicans is having Trump impeached and embarrassed with enough time for them to rally the troops behind Mike Pence. They should have done it in 2017 to give Pence more runway. Pence is basically an empty suit and will do anything he's told, whether by "Mother" or Republican power brokers. Trump can be easily manipulated but is still a bit of a wildcard and will often announce things that he then has to be manipulated to abandon. The Republican party would like nothing more than to get rid of Trump and only choose not to over fear of losing his "base."

Best thing for dems is to draw some blood and bolster the 2020 case for Biden/Warren/whomever.
Politically the smartest way to play this seems to be that you draw out the investigations so they are still ongoing during the general election cycle. Republicans can't abandon him while they are still seeking reelection themselves.
sycasey
Well, here we go.

The Ukraine thing was the tipping point. No one can say Ukraine is weak!

Another Bear

From the mouths of babes comes thunder, lightning and the truth.
bearister
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.