Depressing Story of the Day...So Far

18,148 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/22/great-pacific-garbage-patch-sprawling-with-far-more-debris-than-thought?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
I wonder if someone got paid a lot of $$$ to make that mess
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
going4roses said:

I wonder if someone got paid a lot of $$$ to make that mess

Mostly tRump plastic water bottles from what I hear from my contacts in the Dutch company doing the clean up.
going4roses
this one gets my vote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/21/police-shot-a-man-20-times-in-his-back-yard-thinking-he-had-a-gun-it-was-a-cellphone/?utm_term=.6601fd2c3a24
bearister
That is f'd up.
golden sloth
going4roses said:

this one gets my vote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/21/police-shot-a-man-20-times-in-his-back-yard-thinking-he-had-a-gun-it-was-a-cellphone/?utm_term=.6601fd2c3a24
And as a country, no one cares anymore about police brutality. It was merely a passing fad. So disappointing.
iwantwinners
golden sloth said:

going4roses said:

this one gets my vote

And as a country, no one cares anymore about police brutality. It was merely a passing fad. So disappointing.
oh my god. I think you're conflating "caring about LE misconduct" with "rejecting the Leftist SJW propoganda narrative that LE is targeting minorities". Insinuating those who disagree with you don't care when people are harmed is inaccurate and dishonest, and of course a clever tactic to give the impression that your're *virtuous* and on the correct side of the argument (the validation that there is systemic oppression) without actually making an argument or engaging the opposing idea. "no one cares anymore about police brutality"...what a sweepingly inaccurate and garbage statement.
going4roses
so you are saying it was a just shooting ?
iwantwinners
going4roses said:

so you are saying it was a just shooting ?
from the WaPo article

Quote:

Police say they saw an object in Stephon Clark's hand before they fired 20 bullets that killed him in his back yard Sunday night in Sacramento, a disturbing moment that was made public through body camera footage released Wednesday night.

The two officers were responding to a 911 call about a man breaking vehicle windows when they encountered, then killed, Clark, an unarmed black man.

Video released by the Sacramento Police Department depicts a frantic foot pursuit through darkened streets pierced by white slivers of police flashlight.

The officers spot Clark approaching a house and shout: "Show me your hands! Stop! Stop!"
Clark is seen running, and the two officers round the corner of the house and find him under a covered patio.

An infrared camera on an overhead helicopter briefly loses sight of Clark.

"Show me your hands! Gun!" an officer shouts and ducks behind the wall in a fraction of a second.

The helicopter footage shows one of the officers appearing to grab his partner to pull him to cover.

Clark steps toward the officers. Behind the wall, one of the officers issues another command. "Show me your hands!" And then: "Gun, gun, gun!"

Both officers open fire. Sparks from the bullets light up the helicopter's infrared camera in sharp white pops.

The sequence, from the first glimpse of Clark on the patio to the first gunshot, unfolds in about six seconds.
And the ignorant response by the propagandists to an unfortunate but justified kill of a suspect destroying property who was fleeing police and rejecting a safe surrender and nothing to do with race is...predictable

Quote:

Demonstrators protesting the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black man blocked entrances to Golden 1 Center Thursday night amid chants of "black lives matter," prompting police to shut down admission to the Sacrament King's game.

The police department tweeted at 10:39 p.m. that no one else would be allowed into the game "due to unforeseen circumstances around Golden 1 Center."

The Sacramento Bee reported that hundreds of protesters had formed a human chain in front of arena doorways, preventing thousands of fans from entering. The demonstration came after crowds blocked commuters on Interstate 5 during the height of rush hour.
These dummies are figuratively stuffing the ballot boxes for Trump 2020.
golden sloth
You've convinced me, consider me virtue signed on to your cause.
iwantwinners
golden sloth said:

You've convinced me, consider me virtue signed on to your cause.
Ok, facts and reason don't matter. The narrative reigns at all costs. Take to the streets and obstruct other citizens.
golden sloth
iwantwinners said:

Ok, facts and reason don't matter. The narrative reigns at all costs. Take to the streets and obstruct other citizens.
Damn, dropping them wise dimes, consider this virtue-signed!
Another Bear
golden sloth said:

going4roses said:

this one gets my vote

A lot of it is media fatigue. People see it happen over and over, and over again playing out on media, "if it bleeds it leads", and they're tired and they flip a switch in the back of their mind to make the noise stop.

The thing is, many media critics will tell you that's exactly why the media does it...to numb you into no action.
iwantwinners
Or 90% of the "police brutality" they report is inaccurate, propagandist garbage. And reasonable people are exhausted from hearing morons ignore 99% of homicides only to glorify misreported LE shootings to propagate their victimhood, identity politics agenda.

going4roses
Don't know if you know/care/understand but you are not going to WIN this argument no matter what you say. I'm just Speaking from personal experience via my personal perspective.

I get it any admittance of anything counter to you or your existence is not an option that's cool

I get it you believe the sky is pink with green polka dots and you will die with that belief.
Say hi to the aliens
BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

Or 90% of the "police brutality" they report is inaccurate, propagandist garbage. And reasonable people are exhausted from hearing morons ignore 99% of homicides only to glorify misreported LE shootings to propagate their victimhood, identity politics agenda.

There have been hundreds of men who have been convicted due to sloppy police work, prosecutorial malfeasance, and bad eyewitnesses. There have been hundreds of men who were convicted of crimes they did not commit due to Chicago cops, Baltimore cops, and New York cops planting drug evidence. Think of the Central Park 5 who were tried and convicted for a crime that they did not commit. Think of the time served by innocent people. How many people are being let go due to increased DNA testing which proves their innocence? If you want to call these guys victims then you would be correct. I'll put it this way, unless you have been ordered out of the car in a busy intersection, laid spread eagle on the ground with guns and shotguns pointed at your head, had you pockets rifled through and peppered with question regarding where you came from and how much money you had on you, only to here a cop say they don't really fit the description, which was not even close, and after 45 minutes finally let go with no apology, I doubt that you would understand just HOW WRONG LE IS SOMETIMES . Most LE does the job that they are supposed to do, but there are times when they get it wrong, such as killing unarmed men or shooting 2 women who were delivering news papers early in the morning.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

There have been hundreds of men who have been convicted due to sloppy police work, prosecutorial malfeasance, and bad eyewitnesses. There have been hundreds of men who were convicted of crimes they did not commit due to Chicago cops, Baltimore cops, and New York cops planting drug evidence. Think of the Central Park 5 who were tried and convicted for a crime that they did not commit. Think of the time served by innocent people. How many people are being let go due to increased DNA testing which proves their innocence? If you want to call these guys victims then you would be correct. I'll put it this way, unless you have been ordered out of the car in a busy intersection, laid spread eagle on the ground with guns and shotguns pointed at your head, had you pockets rifled through and peppered with question regarding where you came from and how much money you had on you, only to here a cop say they don't really fit the description, which was not even close, and after 45 minutes finally let go with no apology, I doubt that you would understand just HOW WRONG LE IS SOMETIMES . Most LE does the job that they are supposed to do, but there are times when they get it wrong, such as killing unarmed men or shooting 2 women who were delivering news papers early in the morning.
Yes and most of these stories don't make the news, and the system does actually reprimand much of the LE.

That LE misconduct exists is nothing profound and that's not the message of the propagandists, their agenda is much more ambitious and malevolent than that: it's that there is systemic brutality condoned by the system and LE are targeting killing people on the basis of their race
iwantwinners
going4roses said:

I'm just Speaking from personal experience via my personal perspective.
....and that's part of why you're so wrong. This is exactly the mind frame of racists. Their experiences with certain races have been overwhelmingly negative, so their response is to hold prejudicial views to those that fit that category.
going4roses
iwantwinners
We're all aware that Social Justice Warriors spreading reactionary and emotive propaganda is en vogue, no need to post NBA owners' comments on things he obviously knows nothing about. More whites (2x) were killed than blacks in 2015. But factoring for population, a higher percentage of blacks were killed by police. But wait, blacks commit crime at a much higher rate than whites. What does this tell us about LE and race? Nothing.
going4roses
iwantwinners
Police violence against black men is rare

Black Lives Matter shootings narrative debunked case-by-case (video)

Black Lies Matter (book)

Media protects race-baiting liar Michael Bennett regarding police incident-- the systemic narrative is to propagate the minority victimhood narrative. The news industry feeds off movements and conflict. Media loses by pointing out the movement is a fraud. And 80% of them are soulless SJWs.

Facts do not give a sh*t about your loyalty to a bullsh*t narrative soaked in ideology.
Eastern Oregon Bear
iwantwinners said:

We're all aware that Social Justice Warriors spreading reactionary and emotive propaganda is en vogue, no need to post NBA owners' comments on things he obviously knows nothing about. More whites (2x) were killed than blacks in 2015. But factoring for population, a higher percentage of blacks were killed by police. But wait, blacks commit crime at a much higher rate than whites. What does this tell us about LE and race? Nothing.
Have you met the owner of the Sacramento Kings and had discussions with him? How do you know what he knows and what he doesn't know?
BearChemist
Social Justice Basketball Players?

kjkbear
20 shots fired at a man who did not fire at them, did not have a gun, and was in his grandmothers backyard when he was shot. These police officers are not courageous, they're not brave, they're not putting their lives on the line for other people. This little group of cops shot an unarmed man 20 times. One shot would've dropped him but probably not killed him. But when you kill a guy, it's easier to keep your story straight to justify what you did. I have two cousins who are officers outside of California. They're not supportive at all of what happened in Sac or of any of the officers. And the Sacramento taxpayers have to pay millions for the outrageous stupid and cowardly behavior of their local police force. I hope the cops lose their jobs and their pensions. There are people, black-and-white who deserve to be shot. Not Mr. Clark.
iwantwinners
kjkbear said:

20 shots fired at a man who did not fire at them, did not have a gun, and was in his grandmothers backyard when he was shot. These police officers are not courageous, they're not brave, they're not putting their lives on the line for other people. This little group of cops shot an unarmed man 20 times. One shot would've dropped him but probably not killed him. But when you kill a guy, it's easier to keep your story straight to justify what you did. I have two cousins who are officers outside of California. They're not supportive at all of what happened in Sac or of any of the officers. And the Sacramento taxpayers have to pay millions for the outrageous stupid and cowardly behavior of their local police force. I hope the cops lose their jobs and their pensions. There are people, black-and-white who deserve to be shot. Not Mr. Clark.
They're trained to empty the clip. You are ignorant of police procedure and the realities of what actually neutralizing a threat means. "Putting him down" doesn't neutralize the suspect i.e. fully prevent him from causing harm. Multiple bullets often are not enough, especially with large men, to completely neutralize the suspect enough so that they can't reach into their pocket for a weapon or firearm.

Right, LE are evil for having a reasonable inclination to self-preservation when in the dark, after multiple attempts to get the suspect to safely surrender, and then is confronted with the reasonable conclusion that suspect is willing to use a firearm, then sees an object appearing to be a firearm, and empties the clip. LE does not need to NEEDLESSLY volunteer their lives to capitulate the moronic, ideological masses that have no understanding of proper police procedure or split second decisions LE have to make.

Here's a message that will SAVE BLACK LIVES: when you're fleeing the police and rejecting a lawful surrender and orders to show your hands to show you are not a violent threat, COPS can legally kill you because COPS are not pawns for suspected criminals who've been warned. COPS are not required to wait for a suspect to pull out a weapon in the dark and get shot (it takes a split second for a suspect to do so) to placate the suspect or the ignorant masses. They gave him direction to safely surrender so that ALL parties and bystanders can be safe and live, the suspect refused and gave LE license to justifiably and reasonably pop a cap in his a s s.

Stephon Clark's kill was 100% appropriate by LE. But that fact doesn't matter -- the narrative must stand. Your insinuation that the 20 bullets proves that these cops were hell bent on killing a black kid and taunting them with 20 bullets demonstrates how ignorant and ill-fitted you are to interject about police brutality.

CNN has quickly reported about how much of a saint Clark was. Predictable.

BLM and its supporters support criminals committing suicide-by-cop over innocent black lives. What a shameful disaster.
going4roses
broken car windows = execution

iwantwinners
going4roses said:

broken car windows = execution

^^^^pure partisan propaganda.

And it's intentional, as I don't believe for a second you're that stupid.
going4roses
Now now have I called you any names ? Disagree all you want /call me wrong till your red in the face.
iwantwinners
I said I DO NOT believe you're stupid, just intentionally dishonest.

Because only an idiot would honestly assert that breaking windows is what got this perp killed, or that killing suspects for breaking a window is protocol. But facts, context and logic are intentionally ignored because it takes away from the garbage but intoxicating and emotive narrative.
going4roses
The way you put things together is amazballs
iwantwinners
your inability to put anything together when it conflicts with your ignorant ideological narratives is something to be in awe of....or rather cop to the fact that you're lying.
going4roses
Ignorant? Excuse me
iwantwinners
Ignorant thugs: "You can't stop the revolution"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/us/sacramento-city-council-stephon-clark/index.html
going4roses

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.