Depressing Story of the Day...So Far

18,287 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
iwantwinners
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

iwantwinners said:

going4roses said:

Win everything so everybody else has nothing can not give any room for any counter argument because then that puts everything into question they expound(lies -what they want others to believe)

I guess that explains the holding on to the all bad/incorrect/a moral thoughts so tight as their life depends on it

Nobody here is drinking your kool aid sorry bro

only on this board and other regressively political boards is the refusal to placate identity politics that find appeals to racism is the answer to our problems. This is not borne out by evidence, logic or reason. The "awareness" of race has escalated and nothing has changed.

The movement is not changing minds, it's alienating non-racists who are denouncing the regressive left to vote for neanderthals like Trump. You'll never learn.

Merely citing that racism is not holding minorities back -- it's their IQ, their education levels, their crime rate, their single parent household rate, their child abuse rate -- and seeking solutions on the basis of empirical data is denied, obfuscated, denigrated with senseless epithets.

There are serious issues, faux racism and misguided outrage about LE isn't helping. But hey, who am I to dismiss your feelings as an explanation for the world.
LOL

LOL rehashing tweets of somebody making a blanket statement and logical fallacy of "EVERYBODY who says this is actually that"

You are a clown of epic proportions.

You know what is empirical data? All the outcomes i just mentioned: IQ, crime rates, single parent household rates, child abuse rates, education achievement and test scores.

You know what isn't? Anytime somebody is kicked out of an establishment for breaking the rules being "racism" and the catch-all crutch to explain poor and disparate outcomes. ("Unconscious bias is why minorities fail" LOLOLOLOLOLOL).

Your arrogance does not scale with your intellectual honesty or courage.
sycasey
iwantwinners said:

sycasey said:

iwantwinners said:

going4roses said:

Win everything so everybody else has nothing can not give any room for any counter argument because then that puts everything into question they expound(lies -what they want others to believe)

I guess that explains the holding on to the all bad/incorrect/a moral thoughts so tight as their life depends on it

Nobody here is drinking your kool aid sorry bro

only on this board and other regressively political boards is the refusal to placate identity politics that find appeals to racism is the answer to our problems. This is not borne out by evidence, logic or reason. The "awareness" of race has escalated and nothing has changed.

The movement is not changing minds, it's alienating non-racists who are denouncing the regressive left to vote for neanderthals like Trump. You'll never learn.

Merely citing that racism is not holding minorities back -- it's their IQ, their education levels, their crime rate, their single parent household rate, their child abuse rate -- and seeking solutions on the basis of empirical data is denied, obfuscated, denigrated with senseless epithets.

There are serious issues, faux racism and misguided outrage about LE isn't helping. But hey, who am I to dismiss your feelings as an explanation for the world.
LOL

LOL rehashing tweets of somebody making a blanket statement and logical fallacy of "EVERYBODY who says this is actually that"

You are a clown of epic proportions.

You know what is empirical data? All the outcomes i just mentioned: IQ, crime rates, single parent household rates, child abuse rates, education achievement and test scores.

You know what isn't? Anytime somebody is kicked out of an establishment for breaking the rules being "racism" and the catch-all crutch to explain poor and disparate outcomes. ("Unconscious bias is why minorities fail" LOLOLOLOLOLOL).

Your arrogance does not scale with your intellectual honesty or courage.
Hey hey, don't get too emotional there man.
going4roses
Let me know when you want to LEARN. You are not infallible.

I will show you the pathway when your are ready...
Anarchistbear
White Identity Politics are no less valid than other groups. Accept this and Winner's schtick is totally logical.
B.A. Bearacus
Study referenced by Bearister in another thread, but link provided for further reading.

Research Finds that Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters (Source: Pacific Standard)

"America is the world's dominant superpower, and white Christian males sit at the top of our nation's food chain. That's the right and proper hierarchy, and it's under serious threat.

When blue-collar whites heard that implied message from Donald Trump, many realized it aligned with their own beliefs. As a result, they broke with precedent to support the Republican candidate for president."
sycasey
Thread

going4roses
https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/We-need-conversations-about-race-not-apologies-12865233.php
going4roses
sycasey
https://www.theroot.com/cookingoutwhileblack-white-woman-calls-cops-on-black-1825920347

Hah, I used to live in this neighborhood. People have barbecues on that lawn pretty much every day.
going4roses
Police need to admonish people wasting their time and money over bs
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
sycasey
going4roses said:

Police need to admonish people wasting their time and money over bs
Seems like the police handled this professionally, to their credit. Not their fault that someone called them in for some trivial BS.
going4roses
Yes they did but did the woman learn anything about how and why she was wrong?
sycasey
going4roses said:

Yes they did but did the woman learn anything about how and why she was wrong?

That's impossible to know. But she might think twice about calling the cops for this silliness.
going4roses
True
blungld
Will you consider for a moment that very intelligent Cal grads are calling to your attention that you are blind to your own prejudices and often post in way that suggests you have nothing to learn from anyone on this board and that you are always correct. I am positive that you would be critical of your own arrogance if you saw it in someone elseand yes I realize I am opening myself up to your return potshot.
going4roses
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/994963592238780417/video/1

No she didn't start crying
Another Bear
The GOP is quietly crafting work requirement waivers for white people
Quote:

In January, the Trump administration released new guidelines that would allow states to begin imposing work requirements on Medicaid recipients. It was a kindness, really: According to Seema Verma, administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, meaningful work is essential to "economic self-sufficiency, self-esteem, wellbeing and . . . health."

Well, for some of us.

Since the announcement, states have raced to implement new work requirements, which will have the effect of bumping hundreds of thousands of their poorest citizens off the Medicaid rolls. But in more recent months, a number of GOP-controlled states have been quietly crafting waivers that would end up shielding rural, white residents from this new scheme for self-esteem.

It seems an unusually transparent move, even for a party that tends toward the blatant in its disdain for those not seen as "real Americans." But most of all, it's an example of how much-touted moral policy stances such as solicitude for the "dignity of work," or "zero tolerance" for drugs, or "extreme" immigration vetting often give shelter to less attractive tribal loyalties.

In Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky, work-requirement waivers would include exemptions for counties with the highest levels of unemployment, which are overwhelmingly white, rural and GOP-leaning. But most of these exemptions would do nothing to help people of color who live in high-unemployment urban areas, because they live in places where countywide unemployment numbers are skewed by the inclusion of wealthy suburbs.
Another Bear

Young mother in Jersey at the beach. Then the cops come.

bearister
I think the videographer was conflicted between chronicling a civil rights violation and capturing some good old fashion T & A. In any event, it was a rare twofer. Daily Mail material.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Here's the NY Post, instead of the Daily Mail. Close enough.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/video-shows-cop-punching-beachgoer-in-head-during-scuffle/
oski003
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/390022-body-cam-video-shows-officer-punching-woman-at-nj-beach%3famp

Watch the video, decide for yourself whether the outrage is justified.
going4roses
I'm starting to read that a lot them are taking anabolic steroids.

Bare Knuckles to the Face.
bearister
going4roses said:

I'm starting to read that a lot them are taking anabolic steroids.

Bare Knuckles to the Face.

...and some are Vets with unaddressed PTSD. When they give orders follow them, and file your lawsuit later.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
oski003 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/390022-body-cam-video-shows-officer-punching-woman-at-nj-beach%3famp

Watch the video, decide for yourself whether the outrage is justified.
Absolutely not. She's guilty of attitude. Yes, she is annoying, but police should be there to de-escalate and facilitate peace. These guys look like they bristle at someone mouthing off at them--and I wouldn't be surprised if part of them enjoyed manhandling a "hot chick."

Making sure an underage isn't drinking on the beach isn't this vital a law enforcement function that they need to go into lockdown mode. A few jokes and pleases could have made things go way smoother--and yes, she could have also not been so abrasive but it's not her job to know how to handle that situation. They are paid professionals--not goons.
Another Bear
Seriously... who da fuqk punches a mother with a baby in the head while on the beach?

If mouthing off and having an attitude is a crime...then the POTUS should be in prison. That's not how it works,

The guy is a PEACE officer, not a thug. And peace officers do not punch young mothers with babies in the head.
going4roses
Escalation of force.

One of the terms/ and principles I learned in my first firearms course.
blungld
going4roses said:

Escalation of force.

One of the terms/ and principles I learned in my first firearms course.
Can you explain? I don't know what you mean.
going4roses
That was 1990 of what I recall

There is ladder of aggression most being deadly force thus the subsequent levels below (response) should match up/be in accordance with the threat level
Basically threat assessment = equal response
dajo9
I hate situations like this because I can see things from both sides. You can't just walk away from the police, however I can't imagine that officer had to punch her (I didn't see her kick anyone).

I once refused a request from police to give my name until they told me why they wanted it. He told me why and I gave my name - so it pains me to think I may have been close to that same fate. Then he asked if he could search my car and I said no. My car didn't get searched and I wasn't hiding anything illegal. I like a citizenry that feels emboldened to stand up for their rights and I understand not wanting to have the police arrive when you are just trying to hang out. On the other hand, people should just respectfully obey lawful requests.
American Vermin
going4roses

I'm assuming a lot of police are sick of everyone having phones/cameras
going4roses
https://deadspin.com/new-sterling-brown-arrest-videos-show-police-standing-o-1826536762/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Another Bear
Michigan State University physicist charged with bestiality

Sweet Baby Jesus...W.T.F. is going on at MSU.

P.S. Bassett hound
going4roses
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1004495147416121349/video/1

This is really messed up

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.