Depressing Story of the Day...So Far

18,404 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
iwantwinners
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Facts have been cited all day long about outcomes and negative correlations that flies in the face of the racism = failure.

As in the immigration thread, the tactic is to avoid addressing them with obscurantism 101.
going4roses
going4roses
"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." - James Baldwin
going4roses
http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5249811/neo-nazis-burn-swastika-georgia?__twitter_impression=true
going4roses
BearNIt
#GolfingWhileBlack: White men call police on Black women for golfing 'too slowly'

Really, THIS SH*T HAS TO STOP!

https://thegrio.com/2018/04/24/black-women-golfing-police/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/black-woman-golfer-it-was-like-we-had-targets-on-our-backs/ar-AAwhI12?li=BBnb7Kz

iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

#GolfingWhileBlack: White men call police on Black women for golfing 'too slowly'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/black-woman-golfer-it-was-like-we-had-targets-on-our-backs/ar-AAwhI12?li=BBnb7Kz

I agree, the race-baiting and fabrications of racism NEED TO STOP. Unless your goal is to turn more Obama and liberal voters into Trump voters in 2020.

Christ sake, if you're going to propagandize racism, at least pick better anecdotes than a victimhood seeker with a chip on her shoulder.
iwantwinners
What's next, the Alabama Waffle House arrest?

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/state/alabama/article209685839.html

The NAACP and liberals are outraged, but once the propaganda is sifted through and the facts uncovered it becomes the quintessential patrons-kicked-out-for-being-loud-and-aggressive-jerk-offs-cursing-bringing alcohol-and-refuses-to-leave-then-cops-are-called-still-refuses-to-leave-so-is-arrested-and-then-refuses-to-be-handcuffed-and-screams-abuse-like-they're-not-resisting...

...nothing to see here folks, just a couple of uncivilized degenerates violating others and themselves and perpetuating the stereotype that many decent people are trying to leave behind.
BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

I agree, the race-baiting and fabrications of racism NEED TO STOP. Unless your goal is to turn more Obama and liberal voters into Trump voters in 2020.

Christ sake, if you're going to propagandize racism, at least pick better anecdotes than a victimhood seeker with a chip on her shoulder.
As expected the dumbest possible comment that could possibly come out of your mouth. Good to know that at least you're consistent.
iwantwinners
yeah just assert your opponent is dumb. That's a good argument to support your wildly irrational theses

Did you even read about the story you shared? You are basing the incident on racial prejudice with no evidence whatsoever, just accusations and innuendos.
BearNIt
I've played golf all over the world at various public and private courses and never, and I mean never I have ever considered calling the police on a group who may have been playing slow. What conceivable reason would you have to bring the police into that type of situation? Not even the club owner's wife thought it was the type of situation that warranted that type of response. Why just not ask to play through like most people would? The only thing the cop is thinking about these guys, is what kind of p*ssies are these guys that they have to call the police about women playing golf?

It still was the dumbest comment that could have been made.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

I've played golf all over the world at various public and private courses and never, and I mean never I have ever considered calling the police on a group who may have been playing slow. What conceivable reason would you have to bring the police into that type of situation? Not even the club owner's wife thought it was the type of situation that warranted that type of response. Why just not ask to play through like most people would? The only thing the cop is thinking about these guys, is what kind of p*ssies are these guys that they have to call the police about women playing golf?

So the absence of facts and evidence, based on your own experiences and views of the world, the default position is RACISM. And you're perplexed why white males feel impelled to vote for a POS?

Those group of guys could be acting on behalf of some unconscious or conscious bias. They could also just be a**holes, or as you put it, p**sies, but if that were the case this wouldn't be a story and you wouldn't be mouth-breathing about it.

I say this with respect, but it's like you guys are so far up your own a s s that you can't even smell your own bias and prejudices as you mouth-breath (without evidence, mind you) of bias and prejudice in others by ascribing intentions.
sycasey
iwantwinners said:

I say this with respect, but it's like you guys are so far up your own a s s that you can't even smell your own bias and prejudices as you mouth-breath (without evidence, mind you) of bias and prejudice in others by ascribing intentions.
Respect!

AunBear89
iwantwinners said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
iwantwinners
I do respect BearNIT despite the fact that we disagree and his espousals have been intentionally hostile. I think these conversations go a different way face to face, which is not to say I'd placate anybody or they'd placate me.

But I sincerely find BearNITs latest post there emblematic of what is going on with our culture at large: ascribing intentions to justify a presumption of ill-will or nefarious in loyalty to an overarching ideological view of society; displaying abject prejudice in the same breath of accusing others. Look at the antipathy anytime racism towards a group not anointed by the grievance industry is treated. The pendulum has swung too far, mostly by people with good intentions.

The problem as I see it is that neither side on the ideological and partisan spectrum have established a marker -- a marker that designates the point of no return so to speak. A maker where people who cross the line are denounced as a fringe. The absence of this makes it easier for people to discredit their opposition based on the traits of the fringe. When you don't denounce the fringe, they can get bigger, and then they become a large minority. Like family, there is an inability to call out your own sometimes. I've always felt it's family you have to be the hardest on for their own good. This board clearly disagrees.

BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

So the absence of facts and evidence, based on your own experiences and views of the world, the default position is RACISM. And you're perplexed why white males feel impelled to vote for a POS?

Those group of guys could be acting on behalf of some unconscious or conscious bias. They could also just be a**holes, or as you put it, p**sies, but if that were the case this wouldn't be a story and you wouldn't be mouth-breathing about it.

No, No, and No, but you have fun with that default position of "RACISM"
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

No I don't have a default position of racism. That would be evil to presume something about somebody's character without proof whatsoever. You guys here do it casually like it's a bodily function.

And then you sit around perplexed how could 100 million people dislike us? ???? We're good people! The internet confirms this!
sycasey
I found this an interesting read (related to the Starbucks incident).

http://lawofficer.com/editorial/the-starbucks-incident/
Another Bear
Canada's level-headed response to the Toronto van attack shocks the rest of the world
Quote:

Canadian media and law enforcement stayed away from hyperbole and excessive use of force.
Quote:

Footage shot by a witness shows Minassian waving an object at a police officer, saying he has a gun, and asking the officer to kill him. The office calmly replies, "I don't care. Get down." He is taken down and handcuffed without any apparent injuries.

Minassian appeared in court on Tuesday and is facing 10 counts of murder and 13 counts of attempted murder.

Canadians aren't surprised that police did not kill Minassian:

Quote:

I'm surprised at how many journos are surprised that Toronto police didn't shoot the van murder suspect. You know that police are specifically not supposed to act as judge, jury and executioner, right? We need to normalize non-violent police intervention.
Nora Loreto (@NoLore) April 23, 2018

Seems we could learn something from the Canucks. First don't go tabloid and second...if you don't kill the killers you might be able to start solving the mass shootings and suicide van driver problem.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

No I don't have a default position of racism. That would be evil to presume something about somebody's character without proof whatsoever. You guys here do it casually like it's a bodily function.

And then you sit around perplexed how could 100 million people dislike us? ???? We're good people! The internet confirms this!
Hmmmmmmm NO.
BearNIt
sycasey said:

Loved the article as it gives a glimpse into what is a common problem for people color. Being followed in a store, having the police called while you are going through your normal day, and being asked to prove that you belong. It gets a little tiresome especially when the people in front of you didn't get treated the same way that you are now being treated.

People who are racist or have racial bias are the last to know that they engage in these pursuits, they just believe what they believe, but others around them know.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

sycasey said:

Loved the article as it gives a glimpse into what is a common problem for people color. Being followed in a store, having the police called while you are going through your normal day, and being asked to prove that you belong. It gets a little tiresome especially when the people in front of you didn't get treated the same way that you are now being treated.

People who are racist or have racial bias are the last to know that they engage in these pursuits, they just believe what they believe, but others around them know.
Being inconvenienced like that sucks. It ought not happen. But it does. That's not why blacks are having the problems they're having, if you can demonstrate that they are, the forum is yours. It's like you're propping up a strawman that racial bias doesn't exist (this discrimination is also not exclusive to minorities), a position nobody takes, knocking them down with anecdotes, and high fiving yourself as a job well done in explaining poor outcomes is not just entirely environmental, but also racist.

You are ascribing racial bias to people who merely don't subscribe to your correlation =/= causation fallacy. No serious person would advocate for blacks or any group to be improperly treated based on an immutable characteristic. By the same token, it would take a barely serious, ideologically driven person to end the conversation there when talking about problems in the black community, it's poor outcomes and ways that it can be helped and improved.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

Hmmmmmmm NO.
lol no to what? Is the first paragraph disputable? Is it not reprehensible to ascribe thoughts and intentions to somebody to affirm one's world view? Do you guys not do this repeatedly?
iwantwinners
Another Bear said:

Canada's level-headed response to the Toronto van attack shocks the rest of the world
Quote:

Canadian media and law enforcement stayed away from hyperbole and excessive use of force.
Quote:

Footage shot by a witness shows Minassian waving an object at a police officer, saying he has a gun, and asking the officer to kill him. The office calmly replies, "I don't care. Get down." He is taken down and handcuffed without any apparent injuries.

Minassian appeared in court on Tuesday and is facing 10 counts of murder and 13 counts of attempted murder.

Canadians aren't surprised that police did not kill Minassian:

Quote:

I'm surprised at how many journos are surprised that Toronto police didn't shoot the van murder suspect. You know that police are specifically not supposed to act as judge, jury and executioner, right? We need to normalize non-violent police intervention.
Nora Loreto (@NoLore) April 23, 2018

Seems we could learn something from the Canucks. First don't go tabloid and second...if you don't kill the killers you might be able to start solving the mass shootings and suicide van driver problem.
FYI, lots are outraged when a white perp is not killed. To them, it's proof of racial bias. You can't win with everybody no matter what you do. I certainly wouldn't have minded if they filled him full of lead, it certainly looked like it would have been justified to do so.
Another Bear
Dude, whatever you're on...it should be banned, forever.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
iwantwinners
"Yeah if you disagree with the identity politics I peddle and reject my own brand of cognitive biases, you should be silenced and banned forever."

It's as if you're completely unaware of your own hypocrisy. You can't even articulate what offends your delicate sensibilities that warrant being banned.

sycasey
BearNIt said:

sycasey said:

And it's not just about complaining that the cops are racist or whatever the right wing would like to characterize it as. The author IS a cop. It's not even that the laws are "wrong," exactly. It's just about the day-to-day minor annoyances that add up over time, ones you don't see if you're not in her shoes.

It's also probably not something you can just legislate away. It's about changing hearts and minds and whatnot. To do that, sometimes you have to make a scene.
going4roses
Win everything so everybody else has nothing can not give any room for any counter argument because then that puts everything into question they expound(lies -what they want others to believe)

I guess that explains the holding on to the all bad/incorrect/a moral thoughts so tight as their life depends on it

Nobody here is drinking your kool aid sorry bro
iwantwinners
sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

sycasey said:

And it's not just about complaining that the cops are racist or whatever the right wing would like to characterize it as. The author IS a cop. It's not even that the laws are "wrong," exactly. It's just about the day-to-day minor annoyances that add up over time, ones you don't see if you're not in her shoes.

It's also probably not something you can just legislate away. It's about changing hearts and minds and whatnot. To do that, sometimes you have to make a scene.
You're advocating people (rather minorities, specifically blacks) violate private businesses' rules, then trespass and get arrested whenever they *FEEL* they are being treated unfairly?

Are you intentionally trying to ruin as many black lives as you can?
sycasey
iwantwinners said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

sycasey said:

You're advocating people (rather minorities, specifically blacks) trespass and get arrested whenever they *FEEL* they are being treated unfairly?

Are you intentionally trying to ruin as many black lives as you can?

I'm not telling them to do anything. They are doing it because they want to and also recording the encounter, so that people can see for themselves what happens.

I have no problem with this approach. No one got killed or injured in that Starbucks, but some institutions did decide to revise their practices.
iwantwinners
going4roses said:

Win everything so everybody else has nothing can not give any room for any counter argument because then that puts everything into question they expound(lies -what they want others to believe)

I guess that explains the holding on to the all bad/incorrect/a moral thoughts so tight as their life depends on it

only on this board and other regressively political boards is the refusal to placate identity politics that find appeals to racism is the answer to our problems. This is not borne out by evidence, logic or reason. The "awareness" of race has escalated and nothing has changed.

The movement is not changing minds, it's alienating non-racists who are denouncing the regressive left to vote for neanderthals like Trump. You'll never learn.

Merely citing that racism is not holding minorities back -- it's their IQ, their education levels, their crime rate, their single parent household rate, their child abuse rate -- and seeking solutions on the basis of empirical data is denied, obfuscated, denigrated with senseless epithets.

There are serious issues, faux racism and misguided outrage about LE isn't helping. But hey, who am I to dismiss your feelings as an explanation for the world.
iwantwinners
Another Bear said:

Dude, whatever you're on...it should be banned, forever.
And I'm guessing your call yourself a liberal? A sincere liberal would never want or advocate their opposition to be "banned" or silenced. A liberal (liberty, the individual is the most paramount minority) worth their salt would tackle "bad" speech with "good" speech and reasoned ideas.
iwantwinners
AunBear89 said:

iwantwinners said:

Epic takedown!
sycasey
iwantwinners said:

going4roses said:

only on this board and other regressively political boards is the refusal to placate identity politics that find appeals to racism is the answer to our problems. This is not borne out by evidence, logic or reason. The "awareness" of race has escalated and nothing has changed.

The movement is not changing minds, it's alienating non-racists who are denouncing the regressive left to vote for neanderthals like Trump. You'll never learn.

Merely citing that racism is not holding minorities back -- it's their IQ, their education levels, their crime rate, their single parent household rate, their child abuse rate -- and seeking solutions on the basis of empirical data is denied, obfuscated, denigrated with senseless epithets.

There are serious issues, faux racism and misguided outrage about LE isn't helping. But hey, who am I to dismiss your feelings as an explanation for the world.
LOL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.