Trump deserves the Nobel Piece Prize

12,127 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sycasey
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks buddy. Found it based on your description.
Another Bear
I will admit something might come of this. He did break through on many levels and pissed off the standard diplomacy. But the analysis suggests this might be a big NOTHING BURGER...and that Kim got everything and Trump kissed too much butt...but got his photo op. Trump gave Kim what he wanted, a meeting and legimacy. Oh and BTW, the Russkies are happy about this meeting...no war games in Korea with the US and SK.

Trump the 'great dealmaker' lets Kim Jong-un walk away with the spoils in Singapore

sycasey
Another Bear said:

I will admit something might come of this. He did break through on many levels and pissed off the standard diplomacy. But the analysis suggests this might be a big NOTHING BURGER...and that Kim got everything and Trump kissed too much butt...but got his photo op. Trump gave Kim what he wanted, a meeting and legimacy. Oh and BTW, the Russkies are happy about this meeting...no war games in Korea with the US and SK.

Trump the 'great dealmaker' lets Kim Jong-un walk away with the spoils in Singapore

The actual deal doesn't really change much. If anything it's slightly tilted towards NK. It's a photo op for Trump, nothing more.

That said, at least it's better than escalating tensions. Not the worst-case scenario by a long shot.
Another Bear
Agree. The joint statement was all off 400 words and no details. Trump won't follow through for many reasons. For one the diplomatic establishment is a gasp and I don't think they'll do his bidding.

Any way, Trump gave Kim everything Kim wanted...and Trump got his photo op. One of the estblished Korea experts flatly stated, "at least there wans't a nuclear war".
bearister
Another Bear said:

I am no expert in this area so I am going to put a lot of stock in the opinion of my expert on this subject, Leon Panetta. I trust him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-cant-jump-ahead-in-north-korea-negotiations-leon-panetta.amp
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
This is a good read, with like 10 experts weighing in. I don't know their standard perspective but at least it's a diverse round up.

What just happened? Experts break it down
concordtom
Trump doesn't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. He deserves a swirly!
Oh, wait, he already has one.
bearister

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/8qomme/bff/?st=JICJ9GEA&sh=61192f56
bearister
"Michael Morell former CIA acting and deputy director, whose North Korea-watching dates back to the early 1990s (a quarter century) told me:

"The meeting was historic, but the agreement was not."
"There's nothing in this agreement that the North Koreans haven't agreed to many times, only to have it fall apart."
"It sounded to me like a typical North Korean statement, more than a U.S. statement."
"I was hoping to see a statement that included all weapons of mass destruction, including biological and chemical weapons."
Referring to Trump's press-conference reference to suspending military exercises on the Korean Peninsula, Morell said: "What else might we have agreed to, or what else might North Korea have agreed to, that we don't know about?" Axios

"The case against Trump ... Nick Kristof, who has traveled in North Korea, has a column in today's N.Y. Times with the headline, "Trump Was Outfoxed in Singapore," and twice uses the word "snookered":

"Within North Korea, the 'very special bond' that Trump claimed to have formed with Kim will be portrayed this way: Kim forced the American president, through his nuclear and missile tests, to accept North Korea as a nuclear equal, to provide security guarantees to North Korea, and to cancel war games with South Korea that the North has protested for decades." Axios
Another Bear
Trump traded U.S. prestige for beach sand. Give him a Nobel for hotel development.

Trump's Negotiating Style Is Pure Art of the Moron

Trump Now Sounds Like a Fan of North Korean Repression

To our GOP friends and neighbors...THIS IS YOU!
bearister
Another Bear said:

Trump traded U.S. prestige for beach sand. Give him a Nobel for hotel development.

...but I thought...

Another Bear
MSNBC Host Can't Stop Laughing At Trump's North Korea Real Estate Pitch
Quote:

Nicolle Wallace's panel falls apart as it analyzes the president's summit with Kim Jong Un.

I like Cal alum Nicolle Wallace because she represents Cal like a Cal grad taught critical thinking...with the usually Berkeley W.T.F.-you have to be joking attitude. And she's a GOP. Give her props for deciding reality is good.

BTW, the video is brutal and frank. Trump's trailer is correctly analyzed, that's a real estate pitch...not international diplomacy.
Another Bear
Donald Trump Actually Seems to Believe He Denuclearized North Korea
okaydo

bearister
tRump is too illiterate and dumb to know that a parent of a Korean War Vet would be well North of a 100 years old.

okaydo
Mad men's don draper served in Korea. He would've turned 92 this month.
sonofabear51
But his base loves that garbage. Gluttons at the trough right now.
concordtom
The twitter comments on that thread are f'ing hilarious!
People who don't see what a god moron he is are equally f'ing clueless.
Vets parents came to him? Really? He's a serial liar who believes his own ****t.
sonofabear51
A serial liar who appeals to the uneducated. And they just eat it up. Sounds like a perfect fit for his base to me.
bearister
sonofabear51 said:

A serial liar who appeals to the uneducated. And they just eat it up. Sounds like a perfect fit for his base to me.

But any tRump family member or associate that plea bargains is ill advised because any criminal jury will be peppered with such morons who wiould not vote for a guilty verdict even if they saw a video of the defendant taking a wad of bills out of Putin's hand. Remember, it's our team against their team in a Culture War.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/8r1s4o/trump_salutes_a_north_korean_military_officer/?st=JIEMXM7R&sh=e7eb548a
BearNIt
Still trying to figure out what the United States gained from sending Trump to Singapore to meet with Little Rocket Man. Maybe Kim offered Trump the rights to build a gigantic resort in North Korea.
B.A. Bearacus

"Like I said before -- dotard."
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

"Like I said before -- dotard."
Even Kim Jong Un is looking at him like, "Whaaaa????" It's like he's realizing that's the money shot for his propaganda machine in real time.
American Vermin
Another Bear
Departing Republicans confess: They have been part of a 'cult
Quote:

Frustrated by his Republican colleagues' refusal to vote on his amendment to roll back President Trump's tariffs, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) fessed up on Wednesday: "We're in a strange place. It's becoming a cultish thing, isn't it? It's not a good place for any party to have a cult-like situation as it relates to a President that happens to be purportedly of the same party." It's even worse when the cult leader is dishonest, irrational and erratic; those who follow him quickly appear dishonest, irrational and erratic.

'This is the new Republican Party.
Quote:

The final GOP holdouts to Donald Trump whimper into oblivion

Trump Takes His Party Back to the 1920s.
Quote:

Cold War conservatism is deadand in its place, the president is restoring the fear of foreign governments and peoples that once marked the GOP.

GOP, you ARE TRUMP! Sit on your hands long enough and you'll be grabbing your own puusssles.
Another Bear

Here you go, the North Korea propaganda video from the Trump summit. NK got what they wanted. Images of Dotard Donnie starts around 23 minutes.

This it appears will be Trump's crowning achievement, giving legitimacy to a dictator....and getting nothing in return. (It takes one to know now...so what are you?)
Another Bear

For comparison sake, here's the Trump admin's shot at propaganda.
B.A. Bearacus
If Trump was in the Oski costume at the Big Game, he would be giving the tree simulated fellatio at the 50 yard line.
Another Bear
White House defends Trump's salute of North Korean general: 'It's a common courtesy

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is on a roll...
bearister
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33978533/ns/politics-white_house/t/obamas-bow-japan-sparks-some-criticism/
okaydo

sycasey
Meanwhile, the Trump Administration continues human-rights abuses right here within our own borders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/opinion/children-parents-asylum-immigration.html

This is the kind of thing we used to battle foreign dictators over. Now we are becoming one of those countries. Vote accordingly.
Another Bear
Nobel Committee member: Trump is no longer 'moral leader of his country or the world

Looks like...no Nobel for Dotard, ever.
Eastern Oregon Bear
There was no way a majority of Norwegian Nobel Committee members were going to vote for Donald Trump. It was always a pipe dream.
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/30/north-korea-still-secretly-enriching-uranium-say-us-officials?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

All is not lost because I suppose he is still in the running for the Dumbbell Peace Prize.
okaydo

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.