Music by Republicans Appreciation Thread

6,327 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/20/the-eagles-biggest-selling-album-of-all-time-in-us-surpassing-thriller-michael-jackson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
MAGA

In all seriousness, I love this album. It's one of the rare albums you would find in my collection as well as my Mother's collection.
American Vermin
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Joe Walsh bailed out of a concert in Cleveland in 2016 when he discovered it was part of the Republican National Convention.

sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

I know Nixon made Elvis an honorary DEA agent but I don't know that he was a Republican. He just liked badges and guns. He was also kin to Jimmy Carter and supposedly close. I doubt he'd waste much time on electoral politics.
I'm also not sure that people who identified as Republican back in the 60s/70s/80s means the same thing that it does now. Party platforms were a lot more fluid back then, not polarized like now.
Another Bear
Today Nixon would be consider a commie left of Bernie Sanders. He created the EPA, signed Title IX, opened relations with China. Quite amazing how things changed from that point to now. I have a feeling however things are about to swing in the other direction.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

I know Nixon made Elvis an honorary DEA agent but I don't know that he was a Republican. He just liked badges and guns. He was also kin to Jimmy Carter and supposedly close. I doubt he'd waste much time on electoral politics.
I'm also not sure that people who identified as Republican back in the 60s/70s/80s means the same thing that it does now. Party platforms were a lot more fluid back then, not polarized like now.

In the 60's in Mississippi race ruled though "parties" was different. Harry Byrd won the Presidential contest in 1960. Goldwater in 1964 and George Wallace in 1968. Two of them were neither Republican or Democrat. Growing up when Elvis did, he'd be unlikely to know many Republicans. Hell Adlai Stevenson beat Eisenhower twice in Mississippi by large margins.
bearister
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/20/the-eagles-biggest-selling-album-of-all-time-in-us-surpassing-thriller-michael-jackson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
MAGA

In all seriousness, I love this album. It's one of the rare albums you would find in my collection as well as my Mother's collection.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2194326/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi58
bearister said:

Do you young guys think today's C & W artists are equal to or better than this:

Modern country is a joke compared to the heyday of outlaw country.
Golden One
Yogi Bear said:

bearister said:

You just don't listen to the right "modern" country artists.
Another Bear
Yogi Bear said:

+1 ...I can listen to old school hardline country. The new stuff is just diluted to next to bubble gum.
bearister
Yogi Bear said:

bearister said:

+1

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

prospeCt

"Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it ", if so inclined, & beneficent 🙏🏼
B.A. Bearacus
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.