Music by Republicans Appreciation Thread

6,286 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondering what good non-country and non-Ted Nugent music is out there by artists who identify as Republican (or almost without a doubt are Republican).
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
PREDICTION: Shortest music thread ever.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Another Bear
Kanye in the house. You know, he's a tremendous fan of Dotard.

Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Just wondering what good non-country and non-Ted Nugent music is out there by artists who identify as Republican (or almost without a doubt are Republican).
A partial list of non-country Republican musicians (if you include country, the list doubles):

Elvis Presley
Kid Rock
Gene Simmons
Dave Mustaine
Sammy Hagan
Joe Perry
LL Cool JU
Alice Cooper
Gloria Estefan
Jessica Simpson
Meat Loaf
Taylor Swift
Wane Newton
Billy Ray Cyrus
Bobby Steele
Barry Manilow
Britney Spears
50 Cent
Daddy Yankee
Chad Sexton
Dave Smiley
John Secada
Lee Ving
Prodigy
Sully Erna
Aaron Carter
Hillary Duff
B.A. Bearacus
Golden O, can you please share some songs you really like from some of these artists? Just paste links to YouTube.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden O, can you please share some songs you really like from some of these artists? Just paste links to YouTube.
I'm a country music fan, and by request those were excluded from my list. Also, I don't use You Tube.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I'm a country music fan, and by request those were excluded from my list. Also, I don't use You Tube.

Ah, ok. Well, if country music is your genre of choice can you share some songs you like? You could just name artist and song, no need for links.
Another Bear
How about 1/4, as in Johnny is the only GOP Ramone out of 4. He loved Nixon. I think it's due to brain damage and sniffing too much glue. This is my favorite Ramones song. Joey has a great voice, and it rises above irony. And BTW, internal tensions were a big part of the Ramones if you know the story about the love triangle between Joey, Johnny and Linda Ramone.

bearister
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Ah, ok. Well, if country music is your genre of choice can you share some songs you like? You could just name artist and song, no need for links.
Toby Keith is my favorite. He writes most of the songs he sings. Among my favorites are:

I Love this Bar
High Maintenance Woman
Red Solo Cup
Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue
American Soldier
Hope on the Rocks
Whiskey Girl
Don't Leave, I Think I Love You
As Good As I Once Was
You Ain't Leavin
She Ain't Hooked On Me No More
American Ride
Should've Been A Cowboy
How Do You Like Me Now
I'm Just Talkin About Tonight
I Wanna Talk About Me
Beer for My Horses
Get Out of My Car
Rum Is the Reason
The Size I Wear
I Like Girls that Drink Beer
Haven't Had A Drink All Day
Cold Beer Country
Beers Ago

Try some of the above. You'll like them!
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

Elvis Presley
Kid Rock
Gene Simmons
Dave Mustaine
Sammy Hagan
Joe Perry
LL Cool JU
Alice Cooper
Gloria Estefan
Jessica Simpson
Meat Loaf
Taylor Swift
Wane Newton
Billy Ray Cyrus
Bobby Steele
Barry Manilow
Britney Spears
50 Cent
Daddy Yankee
Chad Sexton
Dave Smiley
John Secada
Lee Ving
Prodigy
Sully Erna
Aaron Carter
Hillary Duff

This list is inspiring for a scavenger hunt I may plan one day. Participants need to purchase full length cds from all these artists starting with only a $20 bill.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Elvis Presley
Kid Rock
Gene Simmons
Dave Mustaine
Sammy Hagan
Joe Perry
LL Cool JU
Alice Cooper
Gloria Estefan
Jessica Simpson
Meat Loaf
Taylor Swift
Wane Newton
Billy Ray Cyrus
Bobby Steele
Barry Manilow
Britney Spears
50 Cent
Daddy Yankee
Chad Sexton
Dave Smiley
John Secada
Lee Ving
Prodigy
Sully Erna
Aaron Carter
Hillary Duff

This list is inspiring for a scavenger hunt I may plan one day. Participants need to purchase full length cds from all these artists starting with only a $20 bill.
Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but whatever floats your boat.
B.A. Bearacus
Thanks for sharing Golden O. We only get to know each other so much on this board. Thanks for breaking off a little bit of what you enjoy from a cultural perspective.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Thanks for sharing Golden O. We only get to know each other so much on this board. Thanks for breaking off a little bit of what you enjoy from a cultural perspective.
Not sure what my taste for country music has to do with culture, but I'm happy to share.
Anarchistbear
I know Nixon made Elvis an honorary DEA agent but I don't know that he was a Republican. He just liked badges and guns. He was also kin to Jimmy Carter and supposedly close. I doubt he'd waste much time on electoral politics.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One
Anarchistbear said:

I know Nixon made Elvis an honorary DEA agent but I don't know that he was a Republican. He just liked badges and guns. He was also kin to Jimmy Carter and supposedly close. I doubt he'd waste much time on electoral politics.
I also doubt that Elvis wasted much time on electorall politics, but that wasn't the question. The question was about musicians who are/were Republicans, and Elvis was a Republican.
Anarchistbear
What's your proof? Seems like he worked both sides

https://www.neatorama.com/2015/07/15/Elvis-Presley-and-Politics/
bearister

....and I have always thought the Dead did an A+ job covering C & W songs (Me and My Uncle, Me and Bobby McGee, Momma Tried, Friend of the Devil, Mexicali Rose, etc.)
Golden One
Anarchistbear said:

What's your proof? Seems like he worked both sides

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/11/news/la-ol-country-music-republicans-and-hip-hop-democrats-20120711

http://www.answers.com/Q/Was_Elvis_Presley_a_democrat_or_republican

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/celebrities-who-are-republican-conservative-1.3890829
B.A. Bearacus
Based on available data, outside of country music, the selection of Republican musical artists sucks ass.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Based on available data, outside of country music, the selection of Republican musical artists suck ass.
Susrprised that at the very least you think that Elvis Presley, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Gloria Estefan and Taylor Swift "suck ass".
Another Bear
The King is NOT DEAD!!! DEATH METAL BEEOTCHES!!!

Yogi58
Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Not sure what my taste for country music has to do with culture, but I'm happy to share.
You familiar with this guy, Golden?
Golden One
Yogi Bear said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

No.
Yogi58
Golden One said:

Yogi Bear said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

No.
Thought you might enjoy his music. Never made the big time, but a good acoustic country guy.
okaydo

Taylor Swift sounds like an anti-Republican to me. (I mean, she supported an anti-Republican march.)

Of course, people, particularly young stars change as they grow up and see the world.

Also, I can't imagine Taylor Swift supporting a Republican party that staunchly supports somebody who brags about groping women.

B.A. Bearacus
Golden O bumpin' this in his car right now.

Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Here are some samples for you:

http://new-country-songs.com/toby-keith/get-out-of-my-car-live

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Do you young guys think today's C & W artists are equal to or better than this:

Golden One
bearister said:

Do you young guys think today's C & W artists are equal to or better than this:

George Jones is good, but Toby Keith is better.
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/20/the-eagles-biggest-selling-album-of-all-time-in-us-surpassing-thriller-michael-jackson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.