Breaking News

975,269 Views | 11749 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by SFCityBear
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow,who would've thunk?

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

If I'm Zelensky, and I truly cared about the people I am supposed to lead, I would make sure not to start a war that I am certain to lose, a war that would destroy my country and kill hundreds of thousands of my countrymen, especially when agreements had been set in the first place to avoid said war.
He didn't start it.

It started out with the ATO, "Anti-Terrorist Operation", in 2014, by Zelensky's predecessors against the Donbass rebellion.

It was stopped by the Minsk Agreements.

It was restarted by the violation of these agreements, which culminated with the assembly of a large, well-trained, well-equipped (by NATO) Ukrainian army that was set to crush the Donbass rebellion and reconquer Crimea.

This was a war of choice for Zelensky and NATO. It still is right now, Biden can stop the carnage with one phone call.
Putin can also end it with one phone call. Probably more quickly and efficiently too.

No he can't, because NATO and Ukraine would invade Crimea, which is their stated goal. No Russian leader would ever cede Crimea at this point. The worst aspect here is that in the (highly unlikely) event that Russia is losing a conventional war, standing to lose Crimea, they will resort to nuclear weapons. Crimeans don't want to be in Ukraine, they are overwhelmingly Russian. NATO's policy is completely unrealistic.

These are the 3 conditions that would have avoided the war in the first place, and stopped it in year 1:

-Crimea recognized as Russian
-Ukraine neutral, NATO out of Ukraine
-Autonomy for the Donbass

These would be the starting points for a cease-fire and eventually a lasting peace, though 1 year into this war condition number 3 is now straight Russian annexation of the Donbass along with the land bridge to Crimea.

Russia won't stop until these conditions are fulfilled. It looks like Ukraine will keep fighting another year, lose another quarter million men or more, then be forced back to the negotiation table in a significantly weaker position.

What good is that for Ukraine?
DiabloWags
Why so many airmen hate Minot Air Force Base - Task & Purpose (taskandpurpose.com)

Shocker.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo said:

Warren G. Harding died in 1923. His first stepmother and second stepmother were 4 years younger than him.
movielover
You missed one condition: deNazification of Ukraine.

Russia doesn't want to refight this war every 5 years, esp given the investment and progress.
dajo9
movielover said:

You missed one condition: deNazification of Ukraine.

Russia doesn't want to refight this war every 5 years, esp given the investment and progress.
Lol - he said "progress"
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
MinotStateBeav
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/guide-understanding-hoax-century-thirteen-ways-looking-disinformation

Quote:

A Guide to Understanding the Hoax of the Century: Thirteen ways of looking at disinformation
Snipet from the article

For more than half a century, McCarthyism stood as a defining chapter in the worldview of American liberals: a warning about the dangerous allure of blacklists, witch hunts, and demagogues.

Until 2017, that is, when another list of alleged Russian agents roiled the American press and political class. A new outfit called Hamilton 68 claimed to have discovered hundreds of Russian-affiliated accounts that had infiltrated Twitter to sow chaos and help Donald Trump win the election. Russia stood accused of hacking social media platforms, the new centers of power, and using them to covertly direct events inside the United States.

None of it was true. After reviewing Hamilton 68's secret list, Twitter's safety officer, Yoel Roth, privately admitted that his company was allowing "real people" to be "unilaterally labeled Russian stooges without evidence or recourse."

The Hamilton 68 episode played out as a nearly shot-for-shot remake of the McCarthy affair, with one important difference: McCarthy faced some resistance from leading journalists as well as from the U.S. intelligence agencies and his fellow members of Congress. In our time, those same groups lined up to support the new secret lists and attack anyone who questioned them.

When proof emerged earlier this year that Hamilton 68 was a high-level hoax perpetrated against the American people, it was met with a great wall of silence in the national press. The disinterest was so profound, it suggested a matter of principle rather than convenience for the standard-bearers of American liberalism who had lost faith in the promise of freedom and embraced a new ideal.

Unit2Sucks
If anyone cared about the twitter files, they could be considered a hoax. I don't follow the dude but from what I hear Taibbi is having a meltdown because he got smoked for his shoddy "reporting".

DiabloWags
Apparently, NY Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has received multiple threats over the last week.

This is the MAGA America.

The judge in Trump's criminal hush-money case who the ex-president has slammed as 'highly partisan' has been deluged with death threats (yahoo.com)

bearister
It is a dry run for the tactics that will guaranty tRump a hung jury in every criminal prosecution he faces.
MinotStateBeav

Taibbi never should have went on to that clowns show btw...it was typical shock jock performance. Hit them on meaningless garbage while ignoring the meat of the twitter files, then continually interrupt to make it seem like the person is hesitating.

Mehdi Hassan and Kanye West have a lot in common btw, he said sorry though.
https://www.meforum.org/61616/nbc-hires-islamist-linked-journalist
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Taibbi never should have went on to that clowns show btw...it was typical shock jock performance. Hit them on meaningless garbage while ignoring the meat of the twitter files, then continually interrupt to make it seem like the person is hesitating.

Whatever helps dry your tears, but Taibbi is still lying about the core substance of whatever made up scandal he and Elno cooked up.

At this point, Taibbi should just shut up since he was caught red-handed but instead he's white knuckling to try to ride this one out. I guess it will fool the people who want to be fooled.

MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Whatever helps dry your tears, but Taibbi is still lying about the core substance of whatever made up scandal he and Elno cooked up.

At this point, Taibbi should just shut up since he was caught red-handed but instead he's white knuckling to try to ride this one out. I guess it will fool the people who want to be fooled.

I understand why this is hard for you. Twitter files didn't make your party affiliation look very good. But their fascist tendencies had to come out eventually.
dajo9
Twitter files were about as meaningful as Qaddafi saying he wanted to start a new currency to challenge the dollar.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I understand why this is hard for you. Twitter files didn't make your party affiliation look very good. But their fascist tendencies had to come out eventually.
The twitter files making Elno, Taibbi and other wolf criers look stupid is pure entertainment for me. They otherwise haven't made a dent.

Unlike with the well-documented corruption of the main conservative news source in this country - Fox - all the twitter files have shown is that purveyors of dumb conspiracy theories aredesperate to blame their irrelevance on someone else fact checking them.
MinotStateBeav
Bless your heart, you're trying so hard.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Twitter files were about as meaningful as Qaddafi saying he wanted to start a new currency to challenge the dollar.

So, very meaningful then.

Qaddifi's gold-backed dinar project was meant to challenge the US$ and the Franc CFA locally. But you probably don't even know what the Franc CFA is though.

Qaddafi was just a bit ahead of his time, His vision is now being implemented in several parts of the world, for instance in SE Asia today, countries are moving towards substituting trade in US$ for a basket of local currencies. Such a move would have been inconceivable only a few years ago.

https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/asean-finance-ministers-and-central-banks-consider-dropping-us-dollar-euro-and-yen-indonesia-calls-for-phasing-out-visa-and-mastercard/

https://www.scmp.com/comment/article/3169469/us-dollar-no-longer-king-asean-adopts-currency-swaps

https://carnegieendowment.org/2022/08/22/southeast-asia-s-growing-interest-in-non-dollar-financial-channels-and-renminbi-s-potential-role-pub-87731
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Credit where credit is due. Thank you for giving me so many opportunities to dunk on you.
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

Taibei never should have went on to that clowns show btw...it was typical shock jock performance. Hit them on meaningless garbage while ignoring the meat of the twitter files, then continually interrupt to make it seem like the person is hesitating.

Hassan clearly learned his techniques from Fox News hosts.
MinotStateBeav
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Taibei never should have went on to that clowns show btw...it was typical shock jock performance. Hit them on meaningless garbage while ignoring the meat of the twitter files, then continually interrupt to make it seem like the person is hesitating.

Hassan clearly learned his techniques from Fox News hosts.

This thread is spicy meat-a-ball

MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Credit where credit is due. Thank you for giving me so many opportunities to dunk on you.

Great interviewing technique to block the guy you're interviewing from speaking!!!

sycasey
The Twitter Files cannot fail, they can only be failed.
DiabloWags
The March Unemployment Rate was announced this morning at 3.5%
236,000 non-farm payroll jobs were added in the month and hourly wages increased 0.3%

So much for the (false) narrative that the Fed's rate increases that started one year ago are designed to put people out of work. Perhaps someone (other than Dajo) with an MBA can explain this to me.

Thanks!

concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9
oski003 said:

Dr. Biden's racism results in LSU not visiting the white house?

https://sports.yahoo.com/angel-reese-says-lsu-wont-go-to-the-white-house-due-to-double-standard-would-visit-obamas-193052512.html

What? No update on the situation you were so interested in?

movielover
Yup, she got a talking to. Flipped.
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/angel-reese-says-lsu-wont-go-to-the-white-house-due-to-double-standard-would-visit-obamas-193052512.html

I have been continuing the conversation in the basketball thread. I also noted she makes 800k a year in NIL. Her diva antics seem to be part of her branding. Chuckled a bit at you mocking me for expressing interest in a top 5 national sports story on a sports forum. Get a clue, dude.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Yup, she got a talking to. Flipped.

Nope.
Its all about her web-traffic and marketability.
concordtom
Basketball board talk here on OT…

I heard about Ms Clark about 6 weeks ago.
I then heard she had back to back 40 point games in the elite 8 and final 4, so I had to watch the recorder of those games, final quarter only, and the championship game

I thought, before the dust up, that she was incredibly quick on her blow-bys, and had unprecedented range! But I picked up on tidbits of unsportsmanship, complaining to refs…

I gave up on the title game (fell asleep) as it was a blowout, but beforehand I noticed Ms Reese, because of her hair, her single leg sleeve, her eyelashes, her height and attractive figure. What did they call her? The Baton Rouge Barbie?

Next day, I heard the news and so watched the 4th quarter.

I compared the unsportsmanlike gestures I had seen from both players.
Clarke is an annoying opponent. Cocky and Rude. I didn't really like her.
And in a single regrettable moment, Reese was worse.

I think it's poor to be disrespectful during competition, but I understand the fiery state of mind a competitor often has to go in to pull off arrogant moves, like "I'm going to jump over you and dunk on you" or "I'm going to Jack this 30 footer in your face".

I think it's another thing to go after someone when the contest is decided with gestures the way Reese did. Not a good look on her part.

All in all, whatever. Much ado about nothing.

Of course, Jill Biden's expression of sympathy to Iowa and invitation to the WH was misguided!! Clearly stupid. But, we don't expect her to be a sports etiquette pro, do we?

Similarly, we don't expect Ms Reese to be a social media or political and race messaging pro, as clearly she stepped a bit into it, too.

I'm sure coach told her, "hi, I realize Jill's comment was misplaced, but we're not going to the Obama's, we're not going to further fan these flames, were going to go to the WH and proudly celebrate our championship, as is our earned privilege. Got that? Good."

And I'm sure Ms Reese got a good night's sleep and said, "yep!"

And Jill got scolded by Joe.
And Jill said, "hey, I was merely mimicking your example of verbal flubs from the past 40 years!"

Much ado about nothing.
The nation moves on.
Congratulations to LSU!
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

I have been continuing the conversation in the basketball thread. I also noted she makes 800k a year in NIL. Her diva antics seem to be part of her branding. Chuckled a bit at you mocking me for expressing interest in a top 5 national sports story on a sports forum. Get a clue, dude.

Mocking you for being so eager to make a political take on this board and then not so much when it unfolds against your agenda.

I don't care what you do on other boards.
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Mocking you for being so eager to make a political take on this board and then not so much when it unfolds against your agenda.

I don't care what you do on other boards.

Nothing unfolded against an agenda. Thanks and have a lovely weekend.
bearister
Flo Jo pioneered the single leg tights.

First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.