Breaking News

967,458 Views | 11713 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

The new Twinkie Defense.
Trump Derangement Syndrome works both ways, baby!
You've got the unconsciously insane followers,
And you've got the consciously outraged disbelievers.

Hey, this stuff can last a long time. We still talk about a "Napoleonic Complex".
concordtom

?w=584
concordtom

concordtom

concordtom
Anyone ever notice how at a Trump rally, all the signs tend to be the same, mass manufactured propaganda faire, but at the anti-trump marches, everyone has taken the time to make their own and express their own unique message?

concordtom

Joe Scarborough Sends Withering Warning To Donald Trump's Defenders

concordtom
Emotional moment at the WH as Trump awards posthumously the Congressional Medal of Honor to a soldier (to his son) who bearhugged an Iraqi with a suicide vest to save his nearby troops from a wide blast.

But I couldn't help but recall, as Trump carried on with gracious words of honor, what he had to say about McCain: "he's not a hero. - he got caught. I like heroes that don't get caught."

He has said too many horrible things to forget and move on.

NEXT!!
okaydo
golden sloth said:

blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

At risk of getting "war on Xmas" type responses, why do we use terms like "So help me God" as part of swearing in? They are not becoming Bishops, they are swearing to serve in government and defend the office and Constitution. Is that not the higher authority, and the people themselves, to whom they are accountable? Or are they supposed to only abide by their oath for fear that God will punish them?

Separation of Church and State aside (which is equally good reason for not doing this), this seems to be totally illogical and antithetical to the purpose of the swearing in. It in fact seems to justify the breaking or diminishing of the laws of man, or the laws of the land to which they are being sworn to serve, and instead ascribing their REAL responsibility to serving the laws of God (whose God, which faith?).

How about instead they do the job of serving the people and protecting the Constitution rather than serving religion, self-interest, money, or party over country, and swear to resign office if they violate this oath?
I completely agree. I was raised Catholic but knew religion was not for me in the third grade when my CCD teacher didn't adequately answer my question on where god came from. I consider myself not religious, and I don't like how religion is so ingrained within our society. Its all the minor stuff, like making kids say the pledge of allegiance everyday which requires the phrase one nation under god (which was added to the pledge in 1954).

Unfortunately, I believe this is a fight for the next generation. Institutional religion acts as a nuisance to the non-religious rather than an impediment to people, and I'd rather work on securing voting rights, equal protection and justice, and equal access for all instead of removing the words 'In God We Trust' or the bible from the institutional sphere.

I've found that following God on Twitter has reaffirmed my faith in him.

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod

(This is really God's Twitter account, by the way. No hooey. This is the real deal. He also follows the one true greatest inspiration of all mankind.)
Another Bear
okaydo said:

(This is really God's Twitter account, by the way. No hooey. This is the real deal. He also follows the one true greatest inspiration of all mankind.)

God is great, and so is his twitter account.
okaydo

okaydo
Another Bear said:

okaydo said:

God is great, and so is his twitter account.

God is great. But he's not perfect.

Another Bear
Is that really about this...
okaydo
I'm studying this very closely so I could look cool on the main BI board.

okaydo
Another Bear said:

Is that really about this...

Yup....St Louis was trending worldwide in the past hour or so.
okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

This is why people in the flyovers need Obamacare more than anyone.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
He earned admission to Penn so he can't be that dumb. #earnit
concordtom
When I was in college in SD, we saw a hot girl driving a hot car and the vanity plate read:

LV2BEX

We struggled a while in traffic to figure it out, but then someone did and we all went crazy!!!

Anyone?
okaydo
Genocide Joe 58
concordtom said:

When I was in college in SD, we saw a hot girl driving a hot car and the vanity plate read:

LV2BEX

We struggled a while in traffic to figure it out, but then someone did and we all went crazy!!!

Anyone?
English major clearly
oski003
concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Live or love to be the ex?
Genocide Joe 58
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Love 2 B E ....
bearister
....and to think, this is the single news source for millions of Americans:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Four in the car, and we all were thinking, "Gosh, she's rather young to be divorced already... did she get the money for that car as part of a settlement? Is she a gold digger?"

Then one guy shouts quickly: " the X is a Roman numeral 10. Love to be eaten!
And we all howled just as the traffic broke and she sped away with us clamoring to get her attention!
Good, funny, memory! Best license plate ever.
concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Love 2 B E ....
Did you get it and were just too bashful to say?
oski003
The other thought is the x is for x rated
offshorebear
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Four in the car, and we all were thinking, "Gosh, she's rather young to be divorced already... did she get the money for that car as part of a settlement? Is she a gold digger?"

And we all howled just as the traffic broke and she sped away with us clamoring to get her attention!

That's not what that means lmao. That is a major stretch
concordtom
offshorebear said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

That's not what that means lmao. That is a major stretch
Well, for a bunch of horny virginal 18 year olds, it sounded pretty damn good to us!!!

LOLOLOLOL
Another Bear

Video of Barr paying Mueller off to look the other way.
Genocide Joe 58
concordtom said:

Yogi Bear said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

LV2BEX

Anyone?

Love 2 B E ....
Did you get it and were just too bashful to say?
I was trying to nudge people in the right direction. Took me a long time to figure out.
concordtom
Trump cheats golf.
Is anyone surprised?

President Donald Trump is certainly known to bend the truth. The Washington Post has counted nearly a dozen false or misleading claims per day of his presidency, while Politifact scored 70 percent of his statements as Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire.
As it turns out, that propensity to lie also carries over to his longtime love of golf.
There's already been the story of Trump naming himself the winner of a tournament he never played in, but former Sports Illustrated columnist Rick Reilly spells out the extent of the lying and cheating in his new book, "Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump," which will be available on Tuesday.
"To say 'Donald Trump cheats' is like saying 'Michael Phelps swims,'" Reilly writes. "He cheats at the highest level. He cheats when people are watching and he cheats when they aren't. He cheats whether you like it or not. He cheats because that's how he plays golf if you're playing golf with him, he's going to cheat."
Mulligans and tampering with balls
Trump's most blatant cheating reportedly comes in the form of not playing his shots or others' where they actually land.
When Trump played golf with Tiger Woods, world No. 1 Dustin Johnson and PGA Tour veteran Brad Faxon in February, Trump hit a ball into the lake. But when the other players weren't looking, he got out another ball and hit another try, although that too went into the lake.
"So he drives up," Faxon said, "and drops where he should've dropped the first time and hits it on the green."
The cheating is not just to impress pro golfers. Reilly also details stories with ESPN announcer Mike Tirico, LPGA pro Suzann Pettersen and actor Samuel L. Jackson. In one of the most egregious stories, Tirico remembers hitting one of the best shots of his life squarely onto the green, but when he walked over, the ball was 50 feet away in a bunker.
"Trump's caddy came up to me and said, 'You know that shot you hit on the par 5?'" Tirico says. "'It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.'"
Lying is par for the course for Trump
One of the strangest things about Trump's history of lying while golfing is that he's reportedly a very respectable golfer. However, he habitually lies about how good he is, including his self-reported 2.8 handicap, which is less than a stroke away from PGA legend and frequent golfing partner Jack Nicklaus.
Even his courses contain lies, from his Trump National Golf Club wrongly claiming that a Civil War battle took place on site to his Bedminster course falsely attributing praise from famed golf architect Tom Fazio.
Still, none of this is particularly shocking to anyone who has followed Trump. After he repeatedly admonished former President Obama for golfing and said that he would have no time to play himself, Trump has played a round every 4.2 days twice Obama's rate. And, naturally, he tends to lie and cover up how often he plays while on the job.

concordtom
I'm thinking this book above could be a nice xmas gift for that republican golf trump supporter in your family.
Maybe it will be a coffee book style full of photos of him. Guided as a hail-trump book, the viewer will flip thru and discover unflattering shots, and endless stories of his golfing escapes - again, unflattering.

Hail to the fable.
okaydo
April 5, 2019 = The 25th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death.

Here are the worldwide Twitter trends:

First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 335

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.