Breaking News

998,608 Views | 11803 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Big C
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

He's perfected the white frat boy lower lip bite while dancing. That's how you KNOW he's cool!

Women would conclude what he is not good at based on the way he dances. Stormy confirmed it.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearChemist

concordtom
That's funny.

And I am definitely upside down right now because I am struggling with Lindsey Graham, per my other post about Monica and Bill Clinton. Two consenting adults who did what humans do.

At that time, Lindsey was enraged:

And yet, he's going to take a pass on Trump inspiring a mob to kill congressmen and the VP?

Upside down, indeed!
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Fresh in from the I Thought She was Dead Department:

'I had to leave Hollywood to save myself': Kim Novak on art, bipolar, Hitchcock and happiness

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/feb/15/i-had-to-leave-hollywood-to-save-myself-kim-novak-on-art-bipolar-hitchcock-and-happiness?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
smh
bearister said:

'I had to leave Hollywood to save myself': Kim Novak on art, bipolar, Hitchcock and happiness
thanks B. the article was spooky familiar, till realized/imagined we both subscribe to guardian's morning email summary..
Quote:

You are receiving this email because you are a subscriber to The Guardian Today US. Guardian News & Media Limited - a member of Guardian Media Group PLC. Registered Office: Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU. Registered in England No. 908396
> Novak turned down 1 million [pounds sterling] for her autobiography decades ago, but now she is publishing a beautiful book of her art..
> River Dancers, pastel, by Kim Novak. Photograph: Krill Photography/Courtesy of the Artist
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
I think there may be a Christopher Nolan script in here somewhere:

TikTok users uncover 1983 CIA report about transcending space and time

https://mol.im/a/9270245

bearister
Pentagon report reveals inroads white supremacists have made in military

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/02/16/pentagon-report-reveals-inroads-white-supremacists-have-made-in-military/
okaydo

82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

Man, college sports is slimy. I was struck by this quote, "Serious tennis, of course, is expensive."

I grew up next door to the Louies in SF. Neither the Louies nor us were wealthy. My parents paid $18,000 for our house in the Richmond district. Who are the Louies you ask, they are a family of four girls and one boy. The oldest and youngest girls played on the professional tennis tour in the 70s and 80s. The middle two daughters are/were teaching pros or close to it. Their "expensive" journey involved daily, and I mean daily, treks to the public golden gate park tennis courts where they "hit" with each other and their mom. They went so often that they cheered when it rained. No tennis on rainy days. I got to play other games with them on those days. Not expensive training just an amazing amount of hard work and a tireless mom. I'll remember and admire Marcie, Cici, Marissa and Peanut for the rest of my life.
concordtom
bearister said:

BearChemist
AunBear89
BearChemist said:

"Stop the steal! (But keep suppressing the voting rights of likely Democratic voters)!"
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo
The singer of the No. 1 song on the Billboard charts turned 18 today. She was born 1 month before the U.S.' second war in Iraq.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
If someone dropped acid and saw that they would lose their sh@it.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

If someone dropped acid and saw that they would lose their sh@it.

In an ironic twist, BF2 took your prior advice and took acid today, saw this house, took an an aggressive dump on the sidewalk, then blamed SF for having too much poop.
82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

My wife and I drove to SF to watch hours of this theater today. Incredible. We left at 3pm with the house awkwardly wedged into its new home. Cutting torches were hacking off part of the steel undercarriage that was built to move the building and it was not clear to me that this beast was going to fit. I'm watching the news right now to get an update.
Eastern Oregon Bear
82gradDLSdad said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

My wife and I drove to SF to watch hours of this theater today. Incredible. We left at 3pm with the house awkwardly wedged into its new home. Cutting torches were hacking off part of the steel undercarriage that was built to move the building and it was not clear to me that this beast was going to fit. I'm watching the news right now to get an update.
Uh oh.

"Measure twice, cut once."
82gradDLSdad
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Uh oh.

"Measure twice, cut once."

I even asked a guy if this was all done by eye or if there were some sort of lasers or some high tech involved. The guy, who turned out to be the owner of the moving company, said it was all done by eye. No measuring done here.
bearister
Super spikes are causing a seismic shift so why won't athletes admit it?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/feb/22/super-spikes-seismic-shift-athletics-track-nike-air-zoom-victory-tokyo-olympics?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
okaydo
okaydo
bearister

Tiger Woods in hospital after 7am crash in L.A.

https://mol.im/a/9292221
okaydo
BearChemist
AunBear89
The party of personal responsibility!

Here's a link not behind a paywall:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jason-ravnsborg-south-dakota-ag-grilled_n_6036a07ec5b6fc5ecc054e0b
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
You know how on The Sopranos, Uncle Junior looked old and frail and near death towards the end of the series?

Well, the actor who played him, Dominic Chianese, is really great at acting, as today is his 90th birthday.

Here he is singing in November 2019.

Here's an interview from a few weeks ago:

bearister
Donald Trump Jr. Is Being Examined By New York Prosecutors In Trump Business Probe

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-jr-is-being-examined-by-new-york-prosecutors-in-trump-business-probe

bearister

"57 years ago today, Cassius Clay defeated Sonny Liston by TKO at the Convention Center in Miami Beach, Florida, winning his first heavyweight title at the age of 22.

The fight: Clay was a 7-1 underdog against the 29-year-old Liston, who'd compiled a 35-1 record and hadn't lost in nearly a decade. In a pre-fight poll of 46 writers, only three picked Clay.

Still, even as a kid, Clay was his brash, confident self, and he used his youth and speed to set the tone for most of the fight.
In the sixth round, Clay pummeled Liston to the point that the latter didn't answer the bell for the seventh, resulting in a TKO.

The rematch: 15 months later, Ali knocked out Liston in the first round, which produced one of the most iconic photographs of the 20th century." Axios

okaydo

okaydo
wow, this video
https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/25/lady-gaga-dog-walker-french-bulldogs-stolen-video-surveillance/

First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.