Breaking News

797,955 Views | 10560 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

tRump shoots a 68:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/donald-trump-golf/index.html

Kim Jong-Il once carded 38-under par at Pyongyang Golf Course

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/sports/golf/2011/12/19/kim_jongil_once_carded_38under_par_at_pyongyang_golf_course.html

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

bearister
Axios' Stef Kight unpacks the big, inexorable changes to expect:

How we look: We'll be older and less white.

Only 45% of 30-year-olds will be non-Hispanic whites in 2040.
Minorities will become the majority in the U.S. by 2045.
There will be more old people than children for the first time.
More than 1 in 5 Americans will be over the age of 65, putting a new level of stress on the nation's Social Security and health care systems.
Immigrants will make up a record-breaking share of the population and will have a crucial role in carrying the economic load created by the elderly Boomers and Gen X-ers.
What we believe: Islam will surpass Judaism as the second most popular religion in the U.S. by 2040, according to the Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures project.

The share of Christians will be falling.
Nearly 1 in 4 Americans will be unaffiliated with religion, including 30% of 30-to-44 year-olds. In 2010, just 18% of the same age group was unaffiliated.
Globally, there will be just as many 30-to-44 year-old Muslims as Christians of the same age.
Where we live: The vast majority of the U.S. population (87%) will live in urban areas, according to UN projections. Axios
Another Bear
Those demographics are exactly why Chancellor Christ has tied university diversity to fundraising. They see the future and are planning for it.
Another Bear
Speaking of diversity...great stuff from the UK's Channel 4. Out of the mouths of babes... Definitely could use some of this in the U.S.

How the Other Kids Live Webpage

Another Bear

GBear4Life
Another Bear said:

Those demographics are exactly why Chancellor Christ has tied university diversity to fundraising. They see the future and are planning for it.
No it's not. Diversity of immutable characteristics, homogeneous thought is the cultural and political orthodoxy.
GBear4Life
Another Bear said:

Speaking of diversity...great stuff from the UK's Channel 4. Out of the mouths of babes... Definitely could use some of this in the U.S.

How the Other Kids Live Webpage

Then they come of age, read and comprehend the other person's religious doctrines, and are like:

bearister
"The $102 million paid by Americans to cover security and travel expenses on the golf trips during Trump's almost two and half years in office was about $12.7 million less than what Barack Obama and his family spent on travel during Obama's eight years in the White House, according to documents obtained by Judicial Watch, a conservative government watchdog that relies on open records laws." Newsweek
B.A. Bearacus
Deep fake subtle twist. The weaving in and out of Pacino is a trip.
bearister
I hope they set this Dog of Hell (and Cal professor) loose on the tRump Crime Family some day.

The Wealth Detective Who Finds the Hidden Money of the Super Rich

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-05-23/the-wealth-detective-who-finds-the-hidden-money-of-the-super-rich

bearister
Photo caption: Really Rich Guys Line Up for Chance to Become Human Popsicles and Permanent Trail Markers

Another Bear
Lemmings...
okaydo
RIP

B.A. Bearacus

bearister
"Russian efforts to sow discord ahead of the 2020 elections appear focused on fear-mongering around health care issues, writes Axios' Sara Fischer.

A study from George Washington University professor David Broniatowski and his colleagues found that Russian trolls using sophisticated Twitter bot accounts were attempting to fuel the anti-vaccination debate by posting frequently about the phenomenon from both sides.
Be smart: The most effective misinformation often plays into preconceived notions or fears that already exist in society, especially around health, safety and well-being."Axios
bearister

bearister
Macabre new sign of climate change

"Kami Rita Sherpa, a veteran guide who has summited Mount Everest a record 24 times, describes a macabre effect of global warming more than 100 bodies of doomed climbers may be on the mountain, per the N.Y. Times:

"Snow is melting and bodies are surfacing. Finding bones has become the new normal for us." Axios
Another Bear

R.I.P. Leon Redbone
okaydo
Another Bear
Hmmm...not April's Fool. I have to see this, like at a busy intersection, like 4th and Howard during Oracle week.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Hmmm...not April's Fool. I have to see this, like at a busy intersection, like 4th and Howard during Oracle week.

I can assure you that if a Millennial hits me while using one of those that the helmet will probably save his life and spare me a manslaughter conviction.

bearister
"Officials who have held America's top national security positions tell "Axios on HBO" that the nation has never before faced such a tangled web of threats and they worry about the government's capacity to confront them.

David Petraeus, former CIA director and retired four-star general, and H.R. McMaster, former national security adviser, both name the rivalries with Russia and China as the greatest threats of our time.

Janet Napolitano, former Homeland Security secretary, lists climate change, cyberattacks and gun violence.

Leon Panetta, former CIA director and Defense secretary, is most concerned about cyber threats.

Lisa Monaco, former White House homeland security adviser, says her biggest fear is a deadly pandemic.

The big picture: The last time the global threat picture was this crowded and combustible was in the lead-up to World War I, Panetta says.

Between the lines ... Some of the threats are familiar: Russia, nukes, terrorism. But many are exacerbated by new technologies from AI-powered weapons to viral hatred on social media and by climate change." Axios
okaydo

okaydo
This is the first time I've binged an entire Netflix series (When They See Us) during its premiere weekend.

And watched a Netflix movie (Always Be My Maybe, starring 2 UC alums) on its release weekend.

Spoiler alert:

bearister
okaydo
Eastern Oregon Bear
okaydo said:

I was the one saying "The World Heavyweight Champion was Anthony Joshua?"
bearister
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister
For some reason the photos of the tRump Crime Family with the Royals and the photo below bring the same image to mind: The welcoming committee at the Gates of Hell.

concordtom
Bearister, thank you for the Ruiz fight highlights!
concordtom
London protestors.
I like this piece.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 302

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.