Breaking News

1,002,469 Views | 11847 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Cal88
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

Trump is a LIAR LIAR LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!

I happen to be majorly into genealogy, with over 4000 people in my tree. I have spent thousands of hours looking at census records. I am qualified to immediately fact check.

So, when Trump says "it's almost always been done" in reference to the "are you a citizen" question, I can honestly say I've never seen the question once!

He goes around saying lies all the time.
But Republican Zombies out there are okay with that.

This makes me think that democracy is a stupid idea.
I don't know why you'd think that about democracy. If America had a democracy then Hillary would be President. We have Trump because we DON'T have a democracy.
It is a good question.
I am merely expressing my disillusionment with the USA at this time.
If Hillary had won, we'd be capable of the same. But I wouldn't recognize it.
But grossly disgusting trump won, and that so many people were capable, indeed DID, follow like lemmings.... It was starkly obvious to me how stupid we, collectively, are.

We would have the same propensity under any leader, I now understand.
bearister
concordtom said:

...I am merely expressing my disillusionment with the USA at this time.
If Hillary had won, we'd be the same. But I wouldn't recognize it.....

"I can say with confidence there has never been a man or a woman more qualified than Hillary Clinton to serve as president of the United States of America." Barack Obama
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Bear, it was a comment about Democracy, not about Hillary or Donald.
And I amended my comment above to say that we'd be capable of the same, that is, of following like lemmings.

Had we followed Hillary like lemmings, it wouldn't have come across as odd, irrational, or insane.
But that so many have followed Donald off the cliff, it's obvious how weak so many are. And trusting in the will of the voters is what Democracy is all about, right? That is the foundation of this nation.

Well, we got it wrong. And so many are doubling down.

Just like they did in Germany 80 years ago.

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Jesus had it right: mankind is doomed, and thus needs saving.
bearister
Thanks to the Electoral College, the Russians, states with large populations being under represented in the Senate, and a bought and paid for, partisan, rubber stamping SCOTUS, the United States is a Democracy in name only.....and it was never intended to be one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/campaign/413142-the-united-states-is-not-a-democracy-and-it-wasnt-meant-to-be-one%3famp?client=safari
concordtom
Dude who cheated at the LA Marathon found dead in LA River.

He blew away a record for 70 year olds by over an hour. Something like that.
I guess the disgrace was too much.

bearister
concordtom said:

Dude who cheated at the LA Marathon found dead in LA River.

He blew away a record for 70 year olds by over an hour. Something like that.
I guess the disgrace was too much.

Rosie Ruiz can be buried on top of him.
concordtom
Yep
concordtom
Ivana Trump's Ex Calls Don Jr., Ivanka And Eric 'Disgusting' And 'Scum'

July 5, 2019

Tell us how you really feel.

Rossano Rubicondi, the former husband of Donald Trump's first wife, said he remains friendly with Ivana Trump, but doesn't have the same warm feelings toward her offspring with the president.
In fact, Rubicondi told Page Six this week that he thought Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump were "disgusting" and described them as "scum."
Whatever the 47-year-old Italian actor's abilities as a judge of character, it's possible his opinion is affected by his latest breakup with Ivana.
Rubicondi was briefly married to Ivana from 2008 to 2009 some 17 years after her divorce from The Donald dominated tabloid headlines. After their own divorce, Ivana and Rubicondi decided to date.
Recently, however, Ivana, 70, said she'd turned the on-again, off-again relationship off for good, telling Page Six: "I am once again a single woman. I have the freedom to do what I want, with whomever I want to, and I can afford my lifestyle."
Page Six diligently contacted Rubicondi for his side and he confirmed the breakup, adding that he had "good respect" for his ex.
As for Don Jr., Ivanka and Eric? Not so much.
"In regards for the rest of the family, I am not [a] big a fan of it. They have been rude to me," he said.
Rubicondi insisted that he never touched a dime of the Trump fortune but added, "These people are all about money. They don't have a heart. They are garbage."
He singled out the president's oldest son and wanted to make sure the reporter quoted him accurately. Per Page Six:
Quote:

"Don Jr. is an idiot. He's a jerk," and instructed us, "Put it down: 'You are a jerk.' Put it in capital letters!"
He added: "They are nobody . . . They are disgusting. We are talking about kids who are so stupid, except Ivanka."
Rubicondi raged on, "They are a piece of scum. Before they say anything about me, I will wash their mouth out with soap! They are disgrace for human being."

HuffPost reached out to the three Trump siblings, none of whom immediately responded.

bearister
No, Ivanka is a quarter wit as well.
concordtom
Here's a solution to the question of citizenship.
Just lie.

Trump does it all the time, with impunity.
Census records have all sorts of incorrect information on them.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Who Is a Bigger Threat to His Democracy: Bibi or Trump?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/opinion/netanyahu-trump.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
bearister
Fun fact of the day:

"From 1946 to 1970, the sea around the Farallones was used as a nuclear dumping site for radioactive waste under the authority of the Atomic Energy Commission at a site known as the Farallon Island Nuclear Waste Dump. Most of the dumping took place before 1960, and all dumping of radioactive wastes by the United States was terminated in 1970. By then, 47,500 containers (55-gallon steel drums) had been dumped in the vicinity, with a total estimated radioactive activity of 14,500 Ci. The materials dumped were mostly laboratory materials containing traces of contamination. Much of the radioactivity had decayed by 1980." Wikipedia

bearister
"With a rising danger that deepfake videos will flood the 2020 conversation, experts are developing methods to verify photos and videos at the precise moment they're taken.

In the early stages of a quest for a universal indicator of veracity, several startups are working on this nascent technology with insurers, body camera makers, and media companies.
Why it matters: These efforts are the leading edge in a massive scramble to stave off a potential landscape where it's impossible to know what's true.
The bottom line: The digital detectives are losing.

With billions of photos uploaded to social media every day and deepfakes ever-easier to make automated tools are unlikely to catch the majority."

okaydo

bearister

okaydo
concordtom
What was that, pizza?
bearister
concordtom said:

What was that, pizza?

Those were mean ba$tards. I warn my brothers. If I was the bird victim and heard them laugh I would have gone over and had a "discussion" with them....unless I sized them up as being capable of laying waste to me. Unlikely.
okaydo
This is British TV personality Emily Hartridge.

She posted this video on Monday.

At the 3:30 mark, her boyfriend presents her with 2 electric scooters for her birthday.

On Friday morning, while riding an electric scooter, she was struck and killed by a truck. She was 35.

(I have never and will never go on a scooter.)

okaydo
Holy ****! This story!

concordtom
okaydo said:

Holy ****! This story!

Just another example that:
People are nuts.
People we presume are not nuts are nuts.
People that we give, willingly, power and authority to are nuts.

But of course, didn't need to leave this website in order to be convinced of that. Can you think of 3 examples as I am now? Exactly!
concordtom
okaydo said:

If they would make them with larger tires, like bicycle wheels, I would. Too many memories of stubbing a wheel on skateboards and suddenly stopping and being tossed.
I don't ride a motorcycle because I would kill myself. Too much fun for an aggressive driver.
Scooters would not allow for aggressiveness because they only go 25 mph or so.
Very sad sort. I assume she could have avoided the truck one way or another. I avoid trucks when I'm walking Market street, for instance. That's how one would have to think/behave on a scooter.

Maybe like this VW Streetmate - seems safer.

Disc brakes, even.
okaydo

Another Bear

Anyone missing a cooler full of dicks and a severed head, patched up like Frankenstein?

Quote:

A head sewn onto a mismatched body, a bucket of limbs and a cooler filled with *****es are among items found by FBI agents during a raid on a Phoenix body-donation business.

The now-shuttered, for-profit Biological Resource Center specialized in accepting the bodies of people after they had died, and in exchange offering their families free pickup of the bodies plus the cremated remains of the body parts the company did not sell.
bearister
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

If they would make them with larger tires, like bicycle wheels, I would. Too many memories of stubbing a wheel on skateboards and suddenly stopping and being tossed.
I don't ride a motorcycle because I would kill myself. Too much fun for an aggressive driver.
Very sad sort. I assume she could have avoided the truck one way or another. I avoid trucks when I'm walking Market street, for instance. That's how one would have to think/behave on a scooter.

Disc brakes, even.

Have you ever seen one of these?

In light of the following, what could go wrong?

1. Uneven and steep terrain on golf courses;
2. No helmet;
3. The average guy is just overflowing with common sense and good judgment; and
4. Lots of people play golf liquored up.
Yogi011
bearister said:

In light of the forgoing, what could go wrong?

2. No helmet;
Given my opinion of most people that play golf (including our Fuhrer), I say bring on the scooters.
bearister
BearNakedLadies said:

bearister said:

In light of the forgoing, what could go wrong?

2. No helmet;
Given my opinion of most people that play golf (including our Fuhrer), I say bring on the scooters.

I play golf because my Mom used Lake Chabot GC as cheap babysitting during the summers in the 1960's. I love golf but young people don't because like musical instruments and martial arts, you don't master it in 15 minutes.
bearister
Fecal bacteria found at more than half of US beaches last year, report says

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/23/fecal-bacteria-found-at-more-than-half-of-us-beaches-last-year-report-says?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

BearNIt
bearister said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Disc brakes, even.

In light of the following, what could go wrong?

2. No helmet;
Where can I get one of these?
bearister
BearNIt said:

Where can I get one of these?

https://www.golfboard.com/store/sportboard-model

"After I double bogeyed 17 I was so upset that I went off the cart path and rode a 500 foot drop down a gnarly barranca, man. Birdied 18."

Another Bear
In other news...Bernie Madoff asked Trump for a reduced sentence.
bearister
Another Bear said:

In other news...Bernie Madoff asked Trump for a reduced sentence.

If he remits the appropriate feudal fine to the Mad King, I am sure that can be arranged.
okaydo

bearister
Trump Must Face Suit Over Alleged Multilevel Marketing Fraud
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-07-24/trump-must-face-suit-over-alleged-multilevel-marketing-fraud

tRump's unsophisticated base fails to understand that the significance of the myriad of fraud claims against he and his Crime Family is that if there is an honest and ethical way to approach a transaction and a dishonest route that is more lucrative, tRump always chooses the dishonest. Fraud is in their DNA so they make the choice by default.
One day even his base will figure out they've been had but it will be too late and they will be standing around picking their rear ends and blankly staring into space.

"Never give a sucker an even break."

First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 339

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.