Breaking News

1,001,515 Views | 11827 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by SFCityBear
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump is going to order his minions to send that guy to Gitmo, just because.
Another Bear
Hey hey GBear4...what you talking about? Glen Rice's groupie, Sarah Pailin?
Another Bear
Hey so I'm in the car and I'm punching the presets and one is KFOG. Well KFOG is no longer. They're simulcasting KNBR sports talk. Greg Papa was yammering on, and I kept looking at the radio...then had to switch it.

The demise makes sense...geared towards the dying off Baby Boomer with a little newer music. Only listened to it on the car because it has a strong signal. It was pretty popular in the 80s and 90s. Oh well... changed the preset.

KFOG radio station going off the air: 'We knew this was gonna happen'
bearister
Justice Sotomayor warns the Supreme Court is doing "extraordinary" favors for Trump - Vox

https://apple.news/AqXyBZ-8kTo-sdMUZsgfv8Q

*Dying off Baby Boomers? If you come at me, Jack, you better bring everything you got!

* I don't like Greg Papa as much as I used to now that he has reinvented himself as a San Francisco wh@ore.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
This is funny. It took 45 seasons for SNL to hire its first Asian cast member.

And hours later...

bearister
Man Trump called 'my African American' says president has 'white superiority complex'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/12/trump-gregory-cheadle-republican-white-superiority-complex?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
sycasey
okaydo said:

And hours later...

Looks like SNL didn't even do five minutes of vetting on this guy.

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2019/09/snl-shane-gillis-racist-homophobic-remarks.html
GBear4Life
I had to finally watch the special after hearing about the criticism on his trans remarks for two weeks. I've never found Chappelle that funny as a stand up comedian (loved the Chappelle Show), and this one is no different. But the small but loud outrage machine is demanding I be offended. Ho hum.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/29/20835637/dave-chappelle-netflix-special-hidden-ending-cancel-culture

https://www.outsports.com/2019/9/5/20850219/comedian-dave-chappelle-trans-athletes-sticks-stones-netflix-special

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tomiobaro/dave-chappelle-transphobic-netflix-special-sticks-and-stones

okaydo
sycasey said:

okaydo said:

And hours later...

Looks like SNL didn't even do five minutes of vetting on this guy.

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2019/09/snl-shane-gillis-racist-homophobic-remarks.html

It's weird how the non-apology apology has pervaded our culture.

Anyways, SNL is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The dude has made homophobic jokes attacking one of SNL's gay writers, who is close to Lorne Michaels.

They could keep him. And it would be awkward (especially with 2 gay cast members).

But if they fire him, there will be shouts of "cancel culture." And Trump will be outraged. And it would really boost this guy's career even though his comedy "risks" = racism.

In 2015, SNL hired a standup comedian named Jon Rudnitzky. He was the only hire that year. He was young, a 2012 graduate of USC (below is his commencement speech). He was barely on the show and was dumped after one season. And his career has continued to be low-profile. Maybe it's better they go that route.

Lorne Michaels is a Republican Trump supporting guy who has tended to favor white guys (I remember one year when they hired 5 white guys out of 6 new cast members). That's why it took him 44 years to hire a fully Asian cast member. But in recent years, he's sort of come around to diversity. They had 5 black cast members last year. Chris Rock convinced him to hire Leslie Jones five years ago. Fred Armisen convinced him to produce a Mexico City-set Spanish-language HBO series. He hired a Latina cast member for the first time 3 years ago.

(Of course, conservatives are gonna say, why should representation matter? Well, 1 out of every 4 Americans is either Latino or Asian. But that has not been reflected in TV, movies and especially SNL.)

bearister
"Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie is turning his 3-year, $34 million contract into a "digital investment vehicle," per Shams Charania of The Athletic (subscription).

Flashback: Former NFL RB Arian Foster did something similar in 2013 when he listed himself as a private stock.
How it works, per Deadspin's Chris Thompson:

"Dinwiddie plans on starting a company that would sell bonds in this case in the form of digital tokens that would entitle purchasers to some cut of Dinwiddie's $34 million contract with the Nets, plus interest."
"The reason to do this would be to raise a lump sum of cash all at once Dinwiddie could then use that cash-in-hand to generate investment income he'd be giving up a portion of his future salary, but would be banking on the rate of return from his investments more than making up the difference."
The bottom line: If there are any galaxy-brain readers out there who want to explain the intricacies of this to me, my inbox is open.

P.S. Dinwiddie just bought the highest penthouse in Brooklyn. This guy!!!" Axios
calbearinamaze
Yo, Brett.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kavanaugh-accused-of-more-unwanted-sexual-contact-by-former-classmate-report/ar-AAHiSuu?ocid=spartandhp
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
okaydo
BEARUPINDC said:

Yo, Brett.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kavanaugh-accused-of-more-unwanted-sexual-contact-by-former-classmate-report/ar-AAHiSuu?ocid=spartandhp

This is The New York Times headline:

This is what the headline should've said:

okaydo

GBear4Life
Isn't it to highlight the tatoo and hide her face out of privacy for her?
okaydo
calbearinamaze
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/15/meteor-yak-escapes-virginia-avoids-butcher-shop/2334865001/

Reporting is that Meteor is considering running for Congress if he/she? doesn't get the right reality show offer.
Another Bear
WHAT??? Another GOP made a dick move?
concordtom
bearister said:

"Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie is turning his 3-year, $34 million contract into a "digital investment vehicle," per Shams Charania of The Athletic (subscription).

Flashback: Former NFL RB Arian Foster did something similar in 2013 when he listed himself as a private stock.
How it works, per Deadspin's Chris Thompson:

"Dinwiddie plans on starting a company that would sell bonds in this case in the form of digital tokens that would entitle purchasers to some cut of Dinwiddie's $34 million contract with the Nets, plus interest."
"The reason to do this would be to raise a lump sum of cash all at once Dinwiddie could then use that cash-in-hand to generate investment income he'd be giving up a portion of his future salary, but would be banking on the rate of return from his investments more than making up the difference."
The bottom line: If there are any galaxy-brain readers out there who want to explain the intricacies of this to me, my inbox is open.

P.S. Dinwiddie just bought the highest penthouse in Brooklyn. This guy!!!" Axios

Forgive me for not reading details of it, but what's stopping Dinnwiddie from collecting the cash up front and then quitting?

There would be little incentive to perform his contract to conclusion.
bearister
Ex-Google worker fears 'killer robots' could cause mass atrocities

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/sep/15/ex-google-worker-fears-killer-robots-cause-mass-atrocities?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

bearister
The House of Saud are not good guys.

Another Bear

Oh my, Milo the gay Nazi who tried to visit Cal has flipped...to being a Furrie...but was rejected with authority! ...by people who run around in stuff animal toy outfits to get off.
bearister
Fur and Loathing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fur_and_Loathing

GBear4Life
What's new with French actor Jussie Smolliett
okaydo
Well, SNL guy got fired. I wonder when Trump will tweet about it. (This morning Trump tweeted about how Congress should investigate Obama's Netflix deal.)

It's weird. A lot of this guy's defenders were saying comedy was about outrage. And I get it. I watched the Alec Baldwin roast this morning. And saying outrageous even ethnic/racial/gay jokes are funny. This is not what this guy was doing. He was using the C-word in a demeaning way about Asians and repeatedly using it. Like a lot.

If he used the N word in the same way, it wouldn't even be an issue. He'd be a goner last week. If he called Dave Chappelle, whose wife is Asian, a N-word who loves C-words. It wouldn't be an issue.

If he told jokes mocking 9/11 victims, it wouldn't be an issue.

The worrying thing about this is the defense of him using racial slurs as comedy, something that wouldn't fly 10 years ago.
calbearinamaze
This has to be a booth, but ***

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/manhattan-da-subpoenas-trump-s-tax-returns-probe-hush-money-n1055046

Whatever,. Put this together with his "locked and loaded" tweet and everyone should be
terrified......in anything remotely resembling a state of normalcy.
B.A. Bearacus
May he slip and fall on his ass really, really hard.

Another Bear
Gotta love the wardrobe decision. Chartreuse ain't his color and it isn't going to help. The reviews are thrashing him.
bearister
The silenced: meet the climate whistleblowers muzzled by Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/17/whistleblowers-scientists-climate-crisis-trump-administration?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"The Trump administration is threatened by evidence, by science and by expertise. These things interfere with their ability to hobble government agencies and reduce oversight. It's mind-boggling and a profound threat to democracy but it also increases risks to American health and safety. Every American should be concerned, regardless of political stripe." Joel Clement
Role: An expert on the impact of climate change on the Arctic at the Department of the Interior
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

May he slip and fall on his ass really, really hard.

Wait. Are you serious? This is what they did to Spicer on DWTS??
And he accepted?????

What a ****ing basket case loser!!
This is not art, entertainment, or fun.
This is downright embarrassing.

Is that clip for real???
concordtom
Omg, it was real.

I'm thinking he needed to do something to keep those inches of fat from billowing over his waste pants, but then I realized that's what the fluffy arms were for, to make the shoulders seems broader than his gut.

What a sad pathetic site for someone who once considered himself a serious person.

Not that serious people can't have fun, but this isn't fun. This is a desperate attempt to remain in the public eye.
He is as much of a joke as were his press briefings.
Pathetic.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Gotta love the wardrobe decision. Chartreuse ain't his color and it isn't going to help. The reviews are thrashing him.

I don't think that's chartreuse. I think that's fluorescent yellow. And it's god awful, too.
concordtom

Thank you, Sean, for causing me to learn about "chartreuse".

Chartreuse is a color between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs called green chartreuse, introduced in 1764.
-Wikipedia

I think I'm going to need one of those liqueurs, now, to help me forget the site of you in that costume. Then I'll vomit all over you, and it will match.
offshorebear
Same guy who chews and swallows a pack and a half of Orbit gum every day before noon. Welcome to idiocracy.
concordtom
He went to the Portsmouth Abby (RI) about mile from my wife's home (she went to public Portsmouth High) and graduated same year. She knows people who know him. That was odd to discover when he first emerged on the scene.
concordtom
bearister said:

Ex-Google worker fears 'killer robots' could cause mass atrocities

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/sep/15/ex-google-worker-fears-killer-robots-cause-mass-atrocities?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Maybe a Patton could program a robot, or a fleet of them, to take out Trump in similar fashion.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.