Breaking News

1,000,661 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bear2034
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Another Bear

Shtt just got more real... Looks like Trump and company have been covering for money laundering.

Quote:

Trump Told Erdogan That Barr and Mnuchin Would Handle Halkbank Case: Report

President Trump referred Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's repeated requests for the U.S. to avoid pressing charges on one of the country's largest banks to Attorney General William Barr and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Bloomberg reports. Trump reportedly told Erdogan in an April call that Barr and Mnuchin would handle the issue, and no charges were pressed against Turkish bank Halkbank until recently. The federal charges only came after Trump announced sanctions against Turkey in retaliation for its incursion into Syria. It is not clear if Trump asked Barr and Mnuchin to comply with Turkey's demands, or if he simply passed the matter on to them because he was tired of hearing the requests.

About two months after the call, Barr reportedly told Turkish Minister of Justice Abdulhamit Gul that he would need to reach a deal with the U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan for the case or have it go through a trial. The attorney general reportedly advised Turkey on its best option: a deferred prosecution agreement that would require Halkbank to pay a fine and other actions to prevent further wrongdoing. The country ended up not making a deal, and Halkbank was charged earlier this week with "fraud, money laundering, and sanctions offense." Mnuchin was also reportedly involved due to the Treasury Department's role in determining the regulatory penalties against Halkbank for a separate criminal case involving one of their executives.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-told-erdogan-attorney-general-barr-treasury-sec-mnuchin-would-handle-halkbank-case-report?via=rss

[url=https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-told-erdogan-attorney-general-barr-treasury-sec-mnuchin-would-handle-halkbank-case-report?via=rss][/url]
bearister

Pompeo and that general look truly ashamed.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Surprised Penn is still considered an Ivy. Also, what drug is he on?

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
15 second earthquake warning text goes out during an NFL game at Levi's. Earthquake, 4.6; Stampede fatalities, 4000.

concordtom
Wanna know something I think could be quite humorous?

Plans for G7 at Doral are going to be advanced now.
But then Trump could be booted from office prior to the G7 and Doral will be left all dressed up with nobody coming.
Or, Trump will be so embattled that he will have to change locations at the last minute.

Probably won't happen, but if it did, that would be pretty funny. The whole world scrambling to a new location with the news stories talking about the shame of Trump as the reason.
okaydo

bearister
How businesses are silenced by China, Russia and Saudi Arabia - Axios

https://www.axios.com/authoritarian-hush-money-china-russia-saudi-arabia-a27fb7b6-1368-4018-a864-b5d5dc59286b.html
okaydo

Another Bear

bearister
okaydo said:

He was about the age of his fiance when he was in Breaking Away:

At least the dude has aged well. He knows how to fight too.
okaydo

BearlyCareAnymore
okaydo said:

So even in a group of Republicans wearing "Hell Yeah, I'm Black" t-shirts, 9 of 11 of the people are White.
okaydo
RIP
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/viral-can-opener-bridge-destroying-trucks

B.A. Bearacus
Boston U > Harvard.

Another Bear
Anyone who trusts Zuckerberg on anything is a total dumb****.
Another Bear

America...still has a Russkie problem and the GOP are still dragging their feet? WHY? Moscow Mitch?
bearister
Scoop: The grandees headed to Saudi Arabia's "Davos in the Desert" - Axios

https://www.axios.com/saudi-arabia-davos-desert-khashoggi-3d920991-3216-47f1-85e1-53e1da772166.html
sycasey
okaydo said:

RIP
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/viral-can-opener-bridge-destroying-trucks

I never knew about this bridge and I thank you for sharing it.
concordtom
https://twitter.com/SenatorLeahy/status/1187117375008755712/photo/1

Another Bear
Another Bear

Gopher extermination...
okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

I'm pretty sure that is a menu item at the concession stand at the Donner Party Memorial Museum.
BearNIt
If you're wondering what AG Barr has been up to this has just been revealed. AG Barr has gotten the Department of Justice to investigate the Department of Justice for the Russia investigation. Barr has been flying around the world seeking information that would support the conspiracy theory that the informant who gave Papadopoulos the information was an Obama plant that was used to discredit the Idiot in Chief. The prosecutor assigned in this matter is named John Durham. Durham has the ability to subpoenaed testimony, documents, impanel a Grand Jury, and bring criminal charges. The theory also asserts that Italy was an Obama partner in the plan to discredit the Idiot in Chief. The Italian Prime Minister who met with Barr has denied any link to such a plan. There is another part to the theory that the CIA somehow tricked the FBI into opening an investigation of the Idiot in Chief. This investigation will be used during the election to blunt the evidence that Russia and Trump are connected. Who would believe this crap given the Senate investigation released a couple of weeks ago that indicated that Russia interfered in our election and their purpose was to benefit the Idiot in Chief? Who would believe this given the unrelenting evidence that is now coming at a daily clip that the Idiot in Chief and his minions know nothing about the rule of law or the difference between right and wrong? Our institutions are straining under the weight of the Idiot in Chief, Gollum, and the dwarfs. The tin foil hats are plentiful in Trumpland.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.html
bearister
If you let tRump and Rudy talk long enough, they basically admit all the elements of the crimes they are accused of, often in the same order as set forth in the jury instructions.
sycasey
Snub!

bearister

Another Bear

Looks like Rudy is TOAST, and he needs his own thread. Besides the corruption, the Trump admin will be remembered for their utter incompetence and sheer stupidity.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Looks like Rudy is TOAST, and he needs his own thread. Besides the corruption, the Trump admin will be remembered for their utter incompetence and sheer stupidity.

tRump is going to dispatch Bill Barr to meet with Rudy and it is going to look something like this:

...and it's going to end like this:

...and Rudy's family will be provided for.
okaydo
okay, I finally agree with Trump on something.

Another Bear

FYI: Andres is a big Trump critic. He's the guy who went to Puerto Rico and fed thousands as Trump sat on his tiny hand with his ginormous ass. Apparently the home team doesn't like or appreciate Trump.

p.s. this breaks a long standing tradition
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.