Breaking News

1,000,523 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bear2034
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Good stuff...even Nixon was okay. 109 year tradition broken.
concordtom
Now rank those pitches, best to worst.
Bush jr best.
Then Carter
I like Ike throwing AND catching.
Reagan and Obama sucked, the latter being a surprise.

PS: Nixon was a dork, and Bush Sr - what the hell was that? The former Yake first baseball was so disappointed in himself.
bearister
" So, Mr. President, given that you are shorn from The Times and The Post, I feel an obligation to fill you in on what you're missing:

You're about to be impeached.

Nancy Pelosi is kicking your butt.

The Deep State is not only out to get you; it's gotten you.

The Republicans on the Hill who tried to crash the hearing even though their fellow Republicans were taking part looked like fanatical losers. Matt Gaetz compared his stunt to the Spartans and the movie "300," but he's no Gerard Butler and his pizza party was lame." Maureen Dowd, NY Times, on tRump cancelling the White House subscriptions to The NY Times and Washington Post and directing all governmental agencies to do the same.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
bearister said:

My brother actually believes in the Deep State...but can't exactly tell me who they are or what they do or show any evidence to support his claim.

Aren't conspiratorial groups usually really small and secret--not the majority of the country and the majority of the government and the most respected experts in their field operating out in the open expressing their displeasure at the illegal actions of a small band of criminals that surround the president to undermine our democracy with the help of foreign agents and whose actions in sum seem to much better fit the sobriquet: Deep State?

Are the handful of co-conspirators who lie daily and are on the take and being shown in sworn testimony and with court documents to have committed crimes, the Deep State? Or is it the people who are intelligible and principled who have worked methodically through the legal process and whose claims keep getting corroborated with hard evidence, the Deep State?

How crappy is your radar if you trust the former.
sycasey
As far as I can tell, the only "Deep State" is the one Rudy Giuliani was trying to build.
bearister
blungld said:

bearister said:

My brother actually believes in the Deep State...but can't exactly tell me who they are or what they do or show any evidence to support his claim.

Aren't conspiratorial groups usually really small and secret--not the majority of the country and the majority of the government and the most respected experts in their field operating out in the open expressing their displeasure at the illegal actions of a small band of criminals that surround the president to undermine our democracy with the help of foreign agents and whose actions in sum seem to much better fit the sobriquet: Deep State?

Are the handful of co-conspirators who lie daily and are on the take and being shown in sworn testimony and with court documents to have committed crimes, the Deep State? Or is it the people who are intelligible and principled who have worked methodically through the legal process and whose claims keep getting corroborated with hard evidence, the Deep State?

How crappy is your radar if you trust the former.

Just in case you are interested to see what millions of Americans believe:

Exclusive Lee Smith's Deep State Book Excerpt: Inside 'Objective Medusa,' Devin Nunes' Historic Investigation into Spygate Scandal | Breitbart

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/26/exclusive-deep-state-book-excerpt-inside-objective-medusa-devin-nunes-historic-investigation-into-spygate-scandal/

*Buying a used car from Devin Nunes would be a high risk proposition.
bearister
As cheesy as the DM is, it always has interesting disaster photos:

LeBron evacuated as wildfires threaten Getty Center museums

https://mol.im/a/7621671

..and lest you ever buy the nonsense that those fat slobs at tRump rallies are anything less than hateful POS, make sure and read the comments:

"Where are all of those smug Californicators who claim that their state would be better off without the rest of us? Oh yeah...they're busy filling our federal forms to get aid and reimbursement. I guess they'll be too busy to hate on the rest of us at least until they get the checks."

" Maybe the flames will burn up the poo in the streets."

" Maybe God is sending a message to the regressive Democrats in California !"
BearNIt
Another Bear said:

The World Series fans welcomed the Idiot in Chief, the Be Best maiden, and his merry band for idiots, with boos and chants of "lock him up, lock him up, lock him up." The Nats' owners wanted nothing to do with the toxic brew of human filth so they asked MLB to get word to the Idiot in Chief not to ask for an audience which the Nats' owner would have to turn down. Must of be shocking for the Idiot in Chief to hear the people outside of his echo chamber voice their displeasure even after he got al Baghdadi.

Apparently U.S. troops are not leaving Syria as the Idiot in Chief promised, we are now risking American lives to guard the oil. My only questions are whose oil are we guarding and for how long are we guarding it for? Again, what was the purpose of the Idiot in Chief's decision for pulling out of Syria, to bring our troops home?
B.A. Bearacus
They have little understanding of normal human interaction or the traditions of peasants.

sycasey
Latest dispatch from the Generation Wars:

Are Baby Boomers A 'Generation Of Sociopaths'?
Anarchistbear
Crosby, Stills and Nash sucked as well
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

They have little understanding of normal human interaction or the traditions of peasants.

He has no excuse. Her excuse, copying what he did...and the Russkies who programed the Melania HO-280961-ort-21-GE bot did not include the American cultures and protocol software upgrade. Thus if Trump shoved that candy somewhere else...so would Mel.
bearister
bearister
Oct. 30, 1974: The "Rumble in the Jungle"

45 years ago today, Muhammad Ali knocked out previously undefeated George Foreman to regain the world heavyweight boxing title in arguably the greatest sporting event of the 20th century.

The fight was held in Kinshasa, Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) and drew an estimated 1 billion viewers, making it the world's most-watched live broadcast at the time.
Inside the ring: The fight is famous for Ali's introduction of the "rope-a-dope" tactic. Beginning in the second round, he began to lean on the ropes, inviting Foreman to land hundreds of non-injuring body blows.

Soon enough, Foreman grew exhausted and Ali pounced, unleashing a lightning-fast combination that sent him tumbling to the ground.
Foreman: "I thought he was just one more knockout victim until, about the seventh round, I hit him hard to the jaw and he held me and whispered in my ear: 'That all you got, George?' I realized that this ain't what I thought it was." Axios
B.A. Bearacus
Two week anniversary of this badass.

B.A. Bearacus
This was broadcast on Fox last night (slightly NSFW):

Do we think Cole noticed?
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

This was broadcast on Fox last night (slightly NSFW):

Do we think Cole noticed?

That happened many years ago on the Today Show when a female standing in that window behind the hosts opened up her blouse and let the big dogs run.
bearister
Justin Verlander ERA in 6 WS Games: 5.68

Sandy Koufax ERA in 7 WS Games: 0.95

I have a theory regarding this discrepancy:

Verlander:

Koufax:

Major League Baseball's Top 10 Starting Pitchers of All Time

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2770996-major-league-baseballs-top-10-starting-pitchers-of-all-time.amp.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2770996-major-league-baseballs-top-10-starting-pitchers-of-all-time.amp.html
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus
I pray for this guy's level of execution on Saturday.

calbearinamaze
Screw it. I'm wearing red for the next week.

Probability that the Nats are invited to the WH.= .0000000000000000000000000000000000002%

Geraldo Parra for President!!!

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
B.A. Bearacus
How late was BUIDC up last night? Were you around other fans? Was there dancing in the streets? Just remembering how SF was in 2010.

Tip: don't have your car parked anywhere along the parade route -- depending on the setup, people may think to stand on your car to get a better view.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

I pray for this guy's level of execution on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow that on the rooftop park at the Salesforce Transit Center.
concordtom
bearister said:

.....Maureen Dowd, NY Times, on tRump cancelling the White House subscriptions to The NY Times and Washington Post and directing all governmental agencies to do the same.

Did he really?
What a f---ing moron and loser. He shows it every goddam day in the silliest of ways.
concordtom
bearister said:

That was awesome.
Notice how the cameraman turns momentarily with her before moving on.
And Katie caught it and laughed.
concordtom
BearNIt said:

Another Bear said:

The World Series fans welcomed the Idiot in Chief, the Be Best maiden, and his merry band for idiots, with boos and chants of "lock him up, lock him up, lock him up." The Nats' owners wanted nothing to do with the toxic brew of human filth so they asked MLB to get word to the Idiot in Chief not to ask for an audience which the Nats' owner would have to turn down. Must of be shocking for the Idiot in Chief to hear the people outside of his echo chamber voice their displeasure even after he got al Baghdadi.

Apparently U.S. troops are not leaving Syria as the Idiot in Chief promised, we are now risking American lives to guard the oil. My only questions are whose oil are we guarding and for how long are we guarding it for? Again, what was the purpose of the Idiot in Chief's decision for pulling out of Syria, to bring our troops home?

I began to wonder about that yesterday.
Did the military effectively road block him on it?
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

How late was BUIDC up last night? Were you around other fans? Was there dancing in the streets? Just remembering how SF was in 2010.

Tip: don't have your car parked anywhere along the parade route -- depending on the setup, people may think to stand on your car to get a better view.

Watched game at my brother's in WC. He has a good friend who was at the National's stadium last night. They let everyone in for free. 40,000 fans going nuts and it was pouring rain on them, he said.
This guy is a bigtime ticket broker and has been to thousands and thousands of games and concerts, so if he says it was "quite a scene" he's not exaggerating.
concordtom
bearister said:

As cheesy as the DM is, it always has interesting disaster photos:

LeBron evacuated as wildfires threaten Getty Center museums

https://mol.im/a/7621671

..and lest you ever buy the nonsense that those fat slobs at tRump rallies are anything less than hateful POS, make sure and read the comments:

"Where are all of those smug Californicators who claim that their state would be better off without the rest of us? Oh yeah...they're busy filling our federal forms to get aid and reimbursement. I guess they'll be too busy to hate on the rest of us at least until they get the checks."

" Maybe the flames will burn up the poo in the streets."

" Maybe God is sending a message to the regressive Democrats in California !"

As I posted elsewhere, I listened to conservative radio yesterday, and those guys spewed nonstop hate and lies all day. Very sad.
bearister
Another Bear

Press play...
B.A. Bearacus
I pray to Oski that he doesn't have the type of job that he might lose because of this. I'm sure there are sleuths trying to dox him right now over this statement.
bearister
A nice summary:

House holds historic vote passing resolution to formalize Trump impeachment process

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/30/us-house-prepares-for-historic-vote-to-formalize-trump-impeachment-process?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

I pray to Oski that he doesn't have the type of job that he might lose because of this. I'm sure there are sleuths trying to dox him right now over this statement.
This is true, RWNJs will go there. OTOH, he might never buy another drink in D.C. after that. If I knew him or worked with him, I'd buy him a beer.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.