Breaking News

1,002,483 Views | 11847 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Cal88
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did not like it. Walked out after an hour. Stupid movie. Hitler not funny.
Go Bears!
sycasey
Professor X said:

bearister said:

Nothing makes Nazis melt down like the Oscars:

Breitbart News Network

https://www.breitbart.com/
The Nazis are happy. Jojo Rabbit won Best Adapted Screenplay.

If they thought that movie was pro-Nazi, I think they weren't paying attention.
Yogi42
sycasey said:

Professor X said:

bearister said:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlickeringReflectingAuk-size_restricted.gif

Breitbart News Network

They're just happy for the screen time.
sycasey
Professor X said:

sycasey said:

Professor X said:

bearister said:

Breitbart News Network

They're just happy for the screen time.
I guess you gotta take what you can get sometimes.
sycasey
Anyway, some people seem very upset that an American movie did not win the Oscar.

oski003
The best movie should win, period. I only saw Parasite, Marriage Story, and The Irishman. Parasite was best of those three. Hope to see the rest soon.
sycasey
oski003 said:

The best movie should win, period. I only saw Parasite, Marriage Story, and The Irishman. Parasite was best of those three. Hope to see the rest soon.
I saw all the Best Picture nominees and it's my favorite as well.

Of course, "best" does not always apply with the Oscars. There are a lot of industry politics involved.
blungld
sycasey said:

Of course, "best" does not always apply with the Oscars. There are a lot of industry politics involved.
I saw all the nominees and the Best Picture I saw this year, not even close, was Uncut Gems. Just a brilliant piece of filmmaking.
oskidunker
blungld said:

sycasey said:

I saw all the nominees and the Best Picture I saw this year, not even close, was Uncut Gems. Just a brilliant piece of filmmaking.
Walked out half way through it. Not my kind of movie. Had no interest.
Go Bears!
Ted Bear
oskidunker said:

blungld said:

sycasey said:

Perhaps this is more your type.

oskidunker
Parasite, Little women, Joker, Harriet, marriage Story or even Gretl and Hansel.
Go Bears!
sycasey
blungld said:

sycasey said:

I liked Uncut Gems a lot, but definitely knew it would not be everyone's cup of tea.
bearister
George Conway: Trump is right. We might have to impeach him again. - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/10/trump-is-right-we-might-have-impeach-him-again/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus

okaydo
HaHAHAHAHAHA. This is funny!

oski003
I do not know the details here regarding the unfairness of having these debts... However, if he goes to a court appointment every 3 months and tells the judge he cannot afford to pay the medical bills, he doesn't go to jail, right?
B.A. Bearacus
Oski, just curious. Is it A) annoying or B) angering that the president uses the word fuucker and motherfuucker multiple times (which is a big escalation from his frequent use of bullshiit) by way of a video he sent out to his 72M followers?

oski003
Sure, why not? What definitely annoys me is posters miss-spelling cuss words to get past the swear filter. But you be you. AB used to do it all the time because he was just sooooooooooooooo mad at today's politics.
B.A. Bearacus
I find it odd that you don't hold the president to a higher standard than an anonymous poster in a football forum that 20-30 people view, as opposed to 72,000,000. I guess you're ultimately ok with the president using F*ck, Mother F*cker, and his son using P*ssy in posts sent out to millions.

It is understood that you let this president slide in allowing this language to be part of the public discourse. Have a nice day.
oski003
I have never defended his tweeting or choice of language. Stop projecting and have a nice day.
bearister
tRump is gassing up the Panzer Division for the full power seize:

Trump slams demand by prosecutors that Roger Stone be jailed

https://mol.im/a/7991077

tRump just invented a new word: aberrition
He truly is what Rex Tillerson called him : "a f@ucking moron."

bearister
On HBO. Worth watching.

blungld
oskidunker said:

blungld said:

No interest? I find that surprising. I can understand too intense, but no interest?

I thought the camera work and sound design was groundbreaking, the acting unbelievable and the plot riveting. I am not typically a fan of adrenaline films, but I have not had such a visceral reaction and or seen a film so taut in years. The entire audience was gasping for air by the end--that might be exhausting for many (myself included) but in this case it was so worth it. In my circle of film/tv production people, we all thought it was film of the year. To each their own though.
bearister
bearister
Furious Trump demands prosecutors 'APOLOGIZE' for treatment of Stone

https://mol.im/a/7997107

* How long until tRump is photographed in a bathrobe and fishing rod sitting at a swimming swimming pool at Mar a Lago like Al Capone when he was suffering from the effects of syphilis brain.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
"Marie Yovanovitch, pushed out as President Trump's ambassador to Ukraine, got thunderous applause yesterday when she accepted the Trainor Award for Excellence in the Conduct of Diplomacy at Georgetown University.

In her first public remarks since her impeachment testimony in November, Yovanovitch said: "Right now, the State Department is in trouble ... Senior leaders lack policy vision, moral clarity and leadership," per the N.Y. Times.

"Yovanovitch lamented a general 'hollowing out' of the department in which she spent her career. She lamented damaging budget cuts to other agencies and international organizations ... 'It's not about a handout for foreign friends; it's about enlightened self-interest.'"
Yovanovitch pointed to one bright note: "With all the focus on Ukraine, it has meant that there is continued bipartisan support for a strong Ukraine policy." Axios
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
I wonder why The Howard Stern Show YouTube channel posted this today.

bearister
Bill Maher tonight:

"The Republicans are basically saying about tRump, we don't care what he does as long as he is making us money, you know, just what Disney said about Harvey Weinstein."

Katie Couric, his guest, said Bloomberg has hired a narcissist expert and a comedy writer to ghost write tweets to drive tRump crazy.

okaydo
Cal88
Bloomberg is also raising a meme mercenary army, $150 per:

Quote:

The Bloomberg campaign has been working with Meme 2020, a company that represents some of the biggest social media accounts in the so-called influencer economy.

@GrapeJuiceBoys - an account that often posts memes about black culture and has 2.7m followers - confirmed to the BBC it had produced paid content for the Bloomberg campaign, but said it did not personally endorse the candidate.

Posts about Mr Bloomberg have also appeared in @Tank.Sinatra (2.3m followers) and the account run by Jerry Media (14.9m followers), as well as several others.

The ads all show that they were paid for by the Bloomberg campaign, a disclaimer required under the US Federal Election Commission's rules on paid online political posts. Meanwhile, a post on Tribe - an online marketplace that connects "micro-influencers" (those with 1,000 to 100,000 followers) to brands - is advertising a $150 payment for posts supporting Mr Bloomberg.

It encourages influencers to mention why "we need a change in Government".
"Be honest, passionate and be yourself!" the listing adds.

Food and travel blogger Alycia Chrosniak told Reuters news agency she had been offered money to post on Mr Bloomberg's behalf, but chose not to do so. "It feels weird to put out an ad supporting a person versus a product," said Ms Chrosniak, who normally posts sponsored content for restaurants and hotels. She said Mr Bloomberg was not her "top choice".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51493403

The article has a very interesting short video about a family divided with a younger Boomer for Warren and his Zoomer Bernie sis vocal fry uptalking daughter, good piece of BBC journalism.
bearister
Barr's internal reviews and re-investigations feed resentment, suspicion inside Justice Department - StamfordAdvocate

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/barrs-internal-reviews-and-re-investigations-feed-resentment-suspicion-inside-justice-dept/2020/02/15/7007695a-5029-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html

...and then the Roy Cohn Alternate Truth counterpunch from the Chief Duckspeaker:

Trump is victim of politicized justice system, Kellyanne Conway claims

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/16/donald-trump-justice-two-tier-kellyanne-conway?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

bearister
President Trump attends wedding of immigration aide Stephen Miller

https://mol.im/a/8011341

B.A. Bearacus
From ugliness, a beautiful moment, one which T would never think to give air by retweeting. The retweet would seriously confuse his base.

First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 339

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.