Breaking News

1,001,684 Views | 11831 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by dajo9
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

Government of the landmass, by the landmass, for the landmass.
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
okaydo

AunBear89
Humans are stoop-id!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearChemist
Whoever called Trump voter deplorable might have a point.

Cave Bear
okaydo said:

I'm surprised he bothered to correct himself. No one on the right would have blamed him if he had just lied, or even notice that he did.
Yogi02
BearChemist said:

I encourage them to congregate in much larger groups than that. The gene pool could use a serious improvement and we're missing an opportunity if we let people who support candidates like that isolate and avoid infection.
chazzed
https://twitter.com/LondonBreed/status/1239626809865416704?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
At this point it could not be clearer who is dumb, who is lying, and who speaks to fit with propaganda for tribal loyalty. If you have been listening to one of these people or if you are saying or believing similar things, this is a huge cue and chance for you to snap out of it and start listening to the people who keep being correct.
Cal88
Professor Harold Hill said:

BearChemist said:

The irony is that most of their constituents live in less crowded rural areas that aren't going to be hit as hard as dense urban residents.

One population that seems to be more oblivious to the pandemic is college students, especially those who went south on Spring Break:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-16/students-on-spring-break-swarm-failing-to-heed-virus-warnings

Some of these kids might end up stuck in FL or South Padre Island for a long time if domestic flights are suspended soon, I think that's going to happen soon...
okaydo

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Bill Gates, 2015.
bearister
David Bowie's 50 greatest songs ranked!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/19/david-bowie-50-greatest-songs-ranked?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

Sorry, the Kardashians are too busy bleaching at Level 25 of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

I consider this a form of war profiting:

Heidi Klum self-quarantines in her lavish $10M Bel-Air mansion

https://mol.im/a/8132957
chazzed
Rrgarding corporations that bought back stock with their tax break money: "Trump said on Friday that restrictions were not placed on companies at the time because 'we thought they would have known better but they didn't know better.' "

We have a leader and Republican party that just trusts corporations to do the right thing. Ain't life grand?
B.A. Bearacus
bearlyamazing
blungld said:

At this point it could not be clearer who is dumb, who is lying, and who speaks to fit with propaganda for tribal loyalty. If you have been listening to one of these people or if you are saying or believing similar things, this is a huge cue and chance for you to snap out of it and start listening to the people who keep being correct.
Oh you mean like everyone who called Trump racist and xenophobic for banning flights from China way ahead of the curve? Or the people saying banning flights from Europe was unnecessary and stupid? Or for calling him racist for responding to China's specious claims that American military started the virus by calling it the Chinese Virus? A stupid tit for tat move but he if he wanted to play that game, he should've gone back to the Wuhan Virus label instead, which most of the mainstream media used until China convinced them otherwise.
golden sloth
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

Oh you mean like everyone who called Trump racist and xenophobic for banning flights from China way ahead of the curve? Or the people saying banning flights from Europe was unnecessary and stupid? Or for calling him racist for responding to China's specious claims that American military started the virus by calling it the Chinese Virus? A stupid tit for tat move but he if he wanted to play that game, he should've gone back to the Wuhan Virus label instead, which most of the mainstream media used until China convinced them otherwise.
Okay, since I have nothing better to do as I'm quarantined:

Quote:

Oh you mean like everyone who called Trump racist and xenophobic for banning flights from China way ahead of the curve?
Trump did not ban flights ahead of the curve, saying he did is a lie.

Quote:

Or the people saying banning flights from Europe was unnecessary and stupid?
In a country of 300 million you will always have a few dissenting opinion, but the overwhelming consensus at the time was that people thought it was justified.

Quote:

Or for calling him racist for responding to China's specious claims that American military started the virus by calling it the Chinese Virus?
People didn't call him racist for that. They called him racist for calling it the 'China Virus'.

Quote:

he should've gone back to the Wuhan Virus label instead, which most of the mainstream media used until China convinced them otherwise.
This never happened, the overwhelming majority of the mainstream media referred to it as the Coronavirus or as Covid19.
bearlyamazing
golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

Okay, since I have nothing better to do as I'm quarantined:

Quote:

Oh you mean like everyone who called Trump racist and xenophobic for banning flights from China way ahead of the curve?
Trump did not ban flights ahead of the curve, saying he did is a lie.

Quote:

Or the people saying banning flights from Europe was unnecessary and stupid?
In a country of 300 million you will always have a few dissenting opinion, but the overwhelming consensus at the time was that people thought it was justified.

Quote:

Or for calling him racist for responding to China's specious claims that American military started the virus by calling it the Chinese Virus?
People didn't call him racist for that. They called him racist for calling it the 'China Virus'.

Quote:

he should've gone back to the Wuhan Virus label instead, which most of the mainstream media used until China convinced them otherwise.
This never happened, the overwhelming majority of the mainstream media referred to it as the Coronavirus or as Covid19.

Typical reply from the left, saying something truthful's a lie just because you say it is.

Here's a headlne from the NY Times on 2/5, well after the ban. It's one of tons of similar stories out there. It was mentioned even more by liberal politicians and talking heads on MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS.

Who Says It's Not Safe to Travel to China?

The coronavirus travel ban is unjust and doesn't work anyway.
By Rosie Spinks
Feb. 5, 2020

As of 1/30, the WHO still did not recommend travel bans but rather increased screening:

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/key-considerations-for-repatriation-and-quarantine-of-travellers-in-relation-to-the-outbreak-of-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov/

And the media initially calling it the Wuhan Virus didn't happen? What rock have you been living under?

Big C

that's fake news
bearlyamazing
Big C said:

that's fake news
The NY Times and CNN fake news?

At least we can agree on that.
bearister
One of the great mysteries of the pandemic crisis has been solved: There has finally been a confirmed Nosferatu sighting:

Yogi17
bearister said:

One of the great mysteries of the pandemic crisis has been solved: There has finally been a confirmed Nosferatu sighting:

That's not Guiliani. He wears an FDNY hat.
bearister

Coronavirus: Florida college students test positive for COVID-19 after going on spring break - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-florida-spring-break-test-positive-covid-19-college-students-not-social-distancing-university-of-tampa/

It's time to requisition professional mourners for these poor unfortunates and their parents.

BearChemist
Banana Republic

chazzed
The genius Beck chimes in (thank goodness!):
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/glenn-beck-coronavirus-030743793.html
okaydo

Yogi02
chazzed said:

The genius Beck chimes in (thank goodness!):
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/glenn-beck-coronavirus-030743793.html
I was hoping this was the musical genius Beck.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 339

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.