Breaking News

1,000,487 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bear2034
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I missed my calling as a talent agent. At least I got Dick Van Dyke to change his real name and adopt his stage name. I'll always have that.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
bearister said:

I missed my calling as a talent agent. At least I got Dick Van Dyke to change his real name and adopt his stage name. I'll always have that.
according to the internets..

> Dick Van Dyke was born Richard Wayne Van Dyke in West Plains

more here..
https://twitter.com/iammrvandy

https://www.nickiswift.com/233855/the-truth-about-dick-van-dykes-relationship-with-his-much-younger-wife
mr vandy hisself..

okaydo
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y3zeew/gun-enthusiasts-celebrate-man-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king
bearister
It is the punchline to a joke but I'm not going to be the one to give it up. But I can give you the initials: PVL
bearister
When my wife and I went the movies 30 years ago to see it, when the film was over and we were leaving, I said to her, "What the F was that?"

Wild at Heart at 30: David Lynch's divisive and unruly road movie

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/aug/17/wild-at-heart-at-30-david-lynchs-divisive-and-unruly-road-movie?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

smh
bearister said:

When my wife and I went the movies 30 years ago to see it, when the film was over and we were leaving, I said to her, "What the F was that?"

Wild at Heart at 30: David Lynch's divisive and unruly road movie
thanks for the headsup B. pretty sure it's on our ~1500 title imdb todo list [aka picture of dorian gray]..
confirmatory. poster looks left, then right,, shared on the hush hush..
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls005391963/?sort=release_date,asc&st_dt=&mode=detail&page=1
https://www.imdb.com/user/ur0352242

squirrel..

okaydo

bearister
Much more entertaining than kids forced to perform for treasure at halftime of hoop games. I would give all those seals Big Bears.

bearister
47 years ago today, Hank Aaron recorded his 1,378th extra-base hit, passing Stan Musial for No. 1 on the all-time list a spot he still holds.

Top 10:

Aaron (1,477 extra-base hits)
Barry Bonds (1,440)
Musial (1,377)
Babe Ruth (1,356)
Albert Pujols (1,337)
Willie Mays (1,323)
Alex Rodriguez (1,275)
Ken Griffey Jr. (1,192)
David Ortiz (1,192)
Rafael Palmeiro (1,192)
Axios
smh
bearister said:

Top 10:
Aaron (1,477 extra-base hits)
Barry Bonds (1,440)
Musial (1,377)
Babe Ruth (1,356)
Albert Pujols (1,337)
Willie Mays (1,323)
Alex Rodriguez (1,275)
Ken Griffey Jr. (1,192)
David Ortiz (1,192)
Rafael Palmeiro (1,192)
according the internet only one of those is active, Albert Pujols
signed, not a baseball guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Pujols
> At the beginning of the 2020 season, Pujols (at the age of 40) was the oldest player in the major leagues

googling his name and 2020 gets..
> Will Pujols play in 2020?
> Pujols, though, will still see action at first in 2020, but Tommy La Stella could also see time there with the addition of Anthony Rendon at third base
bearister
We always knew what was in the little punk's heart. It was written on his face. It is a crying shame any defendant paid him ten cents. I would have put him on the stand and made him earn it and let the jury decide what his damages are.

Anyone that endorses a racist is a racist. Case in point: tRump has publicly endorsed confirmed racists. Now this punk who refused to stand up and own it is endorsing tRump.

CovCath grad Nick Sandmann to speak at the Republican National Convention

https://local12.com/news/local/covcath-student-nick-sandmann-to-speak-at-the-republican-national-convention-cincinnati-covington

*I assume they will sandwich him in between the Scott Baio and Kid Rock speeches
Krugman Is A Moron
bearister said:

We always knew what was in the little punk's heart. It was written on his face. It is a crying shame any defendant paid him ten cents. I would have put him on the stand and made him earn it and let the jury decide what his damages are.

Anyone that endorses a racist is a racist. Case in point: tRump has publicly endorsed confirmed racists. Now this punk who refused to stand up and own it is endorsing tRump.

https://local12.com/news/local/covcath-student-nick-sandmann-to-speak-at-the-republican-national-convention-cincinnati-covington

*I assume they will sandwich him in between the Scott Baio and Kid Rock speeches
So you're surprised that a kid wearing a MAGA hat from a school where they all wear MAGA hats and who was wrongly defamed by a bunch of media outlets got invited to the convention along with the "points guns at protesters" white trash?

He was going to get paid. He literally did nothing to instigate anything, which the video evidence showed.
bearister
Matthew Patel said:

bearister said:

So you're surprised that a kid wearing a MAGA hat from a school where they all wear MAGA hats and who was wrongly defamed by a bunch of media outlets got invited to the convention along with the "points guns at protesters" white trash?

He was going to get paid. He literally did nothing to instigate anything, which the video evidence showed.

The kind of guy I am I would have backed off and had nothing to do with that whole scene. That entitled arrogant little f@ucker loved being ground zero at that whole scene drawing attention to himself. He is acting consistent with my assessment of his character by speaking at the Sh@it Show next week.

Krugman Is A Moron
bearister said:

Matthew Patel said:

bearister said:

*I assume they will sandwich him in between the Scott Baio and Kid Rock speeches to So you're surprised that a kid wearing a MAGA hat from a school where they all wear MAGA hats and who was wrongly defamed by a bunch of media outlets got invited to the convention along with the "points guns at protesters" white trash?

The kind of guy I am I would have backed off and had nothing to do with that whole scene. That entitled arrogant little f@ucker loved being ground zero at that whole scene drawing attention to himself. He is acting consistent with my assessment of his character by speaking at the Sh@it Show next week.
The kind of guy you are is the type of guy who would have walked right up to a kid in a MAGA hat and banged a drum less than a foot from his face and then complimented yourself on your bravery.

If you believe that people in Portland are entitled to non-violently protest, then you should have no issue with what those kids did. That is, unless you're raging hypocrite.

I find in favor of my client Matthew Patel and order bearister to spend a week picking up trash in Portland to purify his soul, which has been tainted in a career's worth of producing nothing of economic value.
bearister
Nope, I grew up in Oakland. I keep my mouth shut. I avoid conflict. I try to talk my way out of conflict and if that doesn't work, I walk away and listen to the insults. Someone puts their hands on me, that is a very large f@ucking problem.
Krugman Is A Moron
bearister said:

Nope, I grew up in Oakland. I keep my mouth shut. I avoid conflict. I try to talk my way out of conflict and if that doesn't work, I walk away and listen to the insults. Someone puts their hands on me, that is a very large f@ucking problem.
LOL. If someone put their hands on you, they'd drop you like you were a football heading into Lavelle Hawkins' hands in the 2007 Big Game.

All talk.
okaydo

bearister
One, two, three, the Mighty Joe Lacob has struck out!

" Since 2018, the Warriors and the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority have been locked in a legal dispute over who is obligated to pay off bond debt incurred from upgrades to Oakland Arena, formerly Oracle Arena.

Already, an arbitrator and lower court judge ruled in the authority's favor, dismissing the Warriors' argument that once the team left for San Francisco, the debt was no longer their problem. The First District Appellate Court, in a 21-page decision issued Tuesday, affirmed those decisions."*

Golden State Warriors must pay Oakland arena debt, court rules

https://www.mercurynews.com/golden-state-warriors-must-cover-49-million-oakland-arena-debt-state-court-rules

* The f@ucking crook tried to stiff Oakland twice on the cost of the NBA Championship Parade. How is Chase Center working out so far? Perhaps a homeless shelter or voting place?
okaydo

okaydo

Big C

He was probably figuring, "Why stop with bin Laden?"
bearister
Was bin Laden wearing a mask?
okaydo
One of my all-time favorite clips (from 2003) has just been posted.

smh
90 years young as of last month, allegedly retired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Johanson

likely an obsolete claim..
> Johanson is also the author of a weekly column published in the Health section of the Toronto Star newspaper.
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
okaydo
Daily Cal alum Noah Berger took this photo for the AP:

smh
# long lens magic
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
One of our brothers takes a head shot:

bearister
Lori Loughlin sentenced to 2 months in prison in college admissions scandal

https://www.today.com/news/lori-loughlin-sentenced-2-months-prison-college-admissions-scandal-t190017

Producers are making a mad dash to sew up reality TV rights.

bearister
Business partner of Falwells says he had affair with the power couple

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-falwell-relationship/

okaydo
Tiger Mom's husband is ...

okaydo
Thought this was a good article on the viral twins who loved the Phil Collins video. Basically, they make old people feel relevant.

(Nothing pisses old people off more than not being familiar with their music. Like when Billie Eilish said she never heard Van Halen.)

bearister
sycasey
okaydo said:

Thought this was a good article on the viral twins who loved the Phil Collins video. Basically, they make old people feel relevant.

(Nothing pisses old people off more than not being familiar with their music. Like when Billie Eilish said she never heard Van Halen.)
I'm sure there is some of this going on, but personally I relate to the teenagers and young people in these videos, because at that age I was also always interested in going back and appreciating the classics: movies, music, whatever. I figured that whatever stood the test of time was probably of good quality, but who knows what modern stuff from my youth would do that? (Surprisingly, it was Green Day.)
okaydo

okaydo
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.