Breaking News

995,061 Views | 11792 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every mass shooting in the US a visual database

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2021/may/27/us-mass-shootings-database?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Matt Gaetz for president, what a massive joke!
Go big or go home.
There is very little justice in this country; the way he beats the rap is by getting in front of it with bigger pronouncements so that nobody believes anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-matt-gaetz-eyes-presidential-run-in-2024-173710244.html
bearister
concordtom said:

Go big or go home.
There is very little justice in this country; the way he beats the rap is by getting in front of it with bigger pronouncements so that nobody believes anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-matt-gaetz-eyes-presidential-run-in-2024-173710244.html

I hope he gets windmill bell clappered in the hoosegow. That mother f@ucker has it coming.
bearister
I finally figured out who Samuel Cassidy reminds me of:

...One of Clint Eastwood's troupe actors, the late Bill McKinney (who had a memorable roll in Deliverance...as in I wish I didn't remember it). He was Clint's favorite psycho.

bearister
TOM LEONARD: Shockingly, there are more guns in the U.S. than people

https://mol.im/a/9627479

*That story makes you pine for the days when your date asked you to come into her place for a drink and this was considered the top end of the psychopath register:

concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

Go big or go home.

I hope he gets windmill bell clappered in the hoosegow. That mother f@ucker has it coming.

Maybe it's because I just woke up, but I had to looked that up: "windmill bell clappered in the hoosegow".
Ah, I think I get it.
That would be a decent closing scene in the movie!

concordtom
Urban dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION
bell clap
A bell clap is when someone brings both of their hands together onto an opponent's ears and it makes them disoriented and their ears ring, messing up their balance and equilibrium.

I like my interpretation better.
concordtom
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2021/may/27/us-mass-shootings-database?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Activist movie idea #1:

Sequence of 5 minutes of each of 20 mass shootings.
Show the disturbed person obtaining their guns and ammo. Show them in their moments of despair prior to the assault, the psychological mess they are in.
Play audio of the gruesome attack over slides of tombstones.

Conclusion:
Mental anguish + ease of weapon acquisition = mass innocent death.

concordtom
bearister said:

How about just showing a chart of ALL the gun deaths in the US? Not just the mass shootings.

CONCLUSION:
The congressmen who refuse to legislate guns because of the gun lobby have blood on their hands.
bearister
I am a gun control advocate. With that said, a Texan's counter argument would be that if everyone in that San Jose transit yard had been strapped, like they would have been in Texas, Cassidy would have been full of holes after shooting one or two people (or may have decided not to do it at all since, apparently, he had no interest in a fair fight at the end). The problem is, the Texan is probably right....but that is a limited circumstance. I prefer the countries where mass shootings don't happen because of gun control policies.
bearister
"A drone that can select and engage targets on its own is reported to have attacked soldiers during a civil conflict in Libya, Bryan Walsh writes in Axios Future.

Why it matters: If confirmed, it would likely represent the first known case of a machine-learning-based autonomous weapon being used to kill potentially heralding a dangerous new era in warfare.
The UN Panel of Experts on Libya said in a recent report that a Turkish-made STM Kargu-2 drone may have "hunted down and ... engaged" retreating soldiers fighting with Libyan Gen. Khalifa Haftar last year.

It's not clear whether any soldiers were killed in the attack, although the UN experts who call the drone a "lethal autonomous weapons system" imply they likely were." Axios

*What happens if a drone engineer gets p@issed off at his boss and co workers...or their lover dumps them?
calpoly
bearister said:

I am a gun control advocate. With that said, a Texan's counter argument would be that if everyone in that San Jose transit yard had been strapped, like they would have been in Texas, Cassidy would have been full of holes after shooting one or two people (or may have decided not to do it at all since, apparently, he had no interest in a fair fight at the end). The problem is, the Texan is probably right....but that is a limited circumstance. I prefer the countries where mass shootings don't happen because of gun control policies.
You are making quite a jump in assumptions here. If everyone had a gun a shoot out could of occurred without knowing the good versus the bad...many more could have been killed.
bearister
True....but the morning shift all knew Sam was cray cray, so most of the fire would have been directed at him.
concordtom
bearister said:

Sure. I'll grant that if everyone was strapped, this guy wouldn't have killed so many.
BUT, if everyone was strapped, we'd have twice as many gun deaths as we do already.

So, a few innocent die in situations like this in order to save multitudes of others.

Basically, it would be very hard to put the genie back in the bottle, but if we could and massively reduce # of guns out there by outlawing them, we'd have far fewer deaths. What kind of society do people want to live in. Maybe if someone obtained the NRA donor and member lists and went around assassinating them - only then would people be willing to turn in their guns. "You own a gun(?), then you are a marked man." People would turn in their guns, we'd be a gun free society, and then there wouldn't be all these gun deaths
Weird thoughts.
concordtom
bearister said:

"A drone that can select and engage targets on its own is reported to have attacked soldiers during a civil conflict in Libya, Bryan Walsh writes in Axios Future.

Why it matters: If confirmed, it would likely represent the first known case of a machine-learning-based autonomous weapon being used to kill potentially heralding a dangerous new era in warfare.
The UN Panel of Experts on Libya said in a recent report that a Turkish-made STM Kargu-2 drone may have "hunted down and ... engaged" retreating soldiers fighting with Libyan Gen. Khalifa Haftar last year.

It's not clear whether any soldiers were killed in the attack, although the UN experts who call the drone a "lethal autonomous weapons system" imply they likely were." Axios

*What happens if a drone engineer gets p@issed off at his boss and co workers...or their lover dumps them?
Or programs the target as Mar A Lago?
bearister
Republicans have decided to return to the tried and true playbook that allowed them to rig the outcome in Florida in the 2000 Election:

Republicans who embraced Trump's big lie run to become election officials

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/30/republicans-trump-election-fight-to-vote?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
concordtom
After watching Recount and Unprecedented, I've decided that they did indeed steal the 2000 election.

I ran into Albright at a conference and asked here what a President Gore response to 9/11 world have been:

"We would have gone into Afghanistan but not Iraq."

I'd also like to know what the environmental situation would be like today.
bearister

The officer was toting a bean bag shotgun.

bearister
Plane carrying Gwen Shamblin Lara and others was going to MAGA rally

https://mol.im/a/9637391

* Tombstone inscription: "They died doing what they loved. MAGA!"
okaydo
Famous people who were born on this day 95 years ago (June 1, 1926):

Marilyn Monroe

Andy Griffith

Don Draper

bearister
tRump gains another entry on the List of Failures section of his Wikipedia page:

tRump closes his 'beacon of freedom' website a month after launching it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/02/trump-closes-website-beacon-of-freedom?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
concordtom
bearister said:

tRump gains another entry on the List of Failures section of his Wikipedia page:

tRump closes his 'beacon of freedom' website a month after launching it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/02/trump-closes-website-beacon-of-freedom?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Brilliant!
But if you were thinking of spending your time updating that Wikipedia page, don't. Because it's not a section, it's a full on book, and you might as well collect the royalties for your efforts.
bearister
Have you ever been wrong about thinking someone had already hit rock bottom?

Donald Trump Jr sells $500 videos to fans on Cameo

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/03/donald-trump-jr-cameo-videos?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*I wonder if Guilfoyle is clothed?
bearister
The Olympics, which probably should be rescheduled, have suddenly become watchable for one reason alone: the unbearably annoying Furd, Kerri Walsh Jennings, finally FTQ!*

*Whenever anyone goes by 3 names....that's the first clue. When they introduce themselves to me using 3 names, I introduce myself as John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt so that they know who their f'ing daddy is.

bearister
sycasey
bearister said:

More activist judges at work.
concordtom
bearister said:

The Olympics, which probably should be rescheduled, have suddenly become watchable for one reason alone: the unbearably annoying Furd, Kerri Walsh Jennings, finally FTQ!*

*Whenever anyone goes by 3 names....that's the first clue. When they introduce themselves to me using 3 names, I introduce myself as John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt so that they know who their f'ing daddy is.

I thought it was Jingleheimer Smith.
Are you sure about that?
bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Are you sure about that?

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacob_Jingleheimer_Schmidt
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacob_Jingleheimer_Schmidt
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

Are you sure about that?

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacob_Jingleheimer_Schmidt
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacob_Jingleheimer_Schmidt
No. I think they are wrong.
I clearly remember us singing Jingerheimer Smith as kids.

I'm going to create a wikipedia page to prove it.
concordtom
Lara Trump is NOT going to run for NC Senate, citing her kids.

Donald Trump endorsed Rep. Ted Budd in his speech Saturday evening, noting that a number of potential candidates had waited until Lara Trump had made her decision before announcing their candidacies.

"He will fight like hell. He will fight like nobody fights," he said.

You mean fighting worse than these guys above, Donald?
bearister
The statute of limitations has expired on suing the teacher who taught you the song for her anti German bias (I learned it as "Smith" too). Probably had to do with hard feelings left over from WWII.
concordtom
Or Smith is just easier to say than a good solid Schmidt! Especially for a kid.

I've just been pulling your leg with it this whole time.
B.A. Bearacus

He was the leader after three rounds.
bearister
Based on this:

" Players who are fully vaccinated 14 days past the full vaccination cycle are not subject to testing as a result of close contact. Levinson said "north of 50%" of players have been fully vaccinated." The Guardian

...Rahm clearly was not vaccinated (or not 14 days from being so), otherwise his close contact with someone with Covid would not have triggered the PGA daily testing mandate he was subject to.

I say F him. He gambled. He lost. Tough titty. The average touring pro is such a self centered b@stard (based on his reaction to the testing positive news, Nick Faldo and Jim Nantz thought someone in Rahm's family had died) you can rest assured that after what happened to Rahm, they will all get vaxed now.

Finally, the silver lining in all this?

Covid just put Collin tied for first.

As Collin hoists the trophy today, I hope he reps the Cal Bears well and says:

"The worst part about Jon Rahm testing positive for Covid and having to withdraw is that it deprived me of the opportunity to beat him like a drum today on the course, which I am confident I would have done."

"Who's your Daddy, Jon, WHO'S YOUR DADDY?"*

*I wager 5 crypto currency that Cal Bear Collin is vaxed.
bearister
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.