Breaking News

989,358 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by movielover
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
BearForce2 said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
How does this group feel about tRump using the DOJ as his private Gestapo? Yeah, that's what I figured.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
concordtom
McConnell is a pus**!
I'm surprised there's been no reporting that Trump tried to grab him.

Barr said that Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) had been urging him to speak out against Trump's false claims since November but would not do so himself. McConnell did not want to upset Trump as he needed Trump to campaign in Georgia.

"Look, we need the president in Georgia," McConnell said, according to Barr. "And so we cannot be frontally attacking him right now. But you're in a better position to inject some reality into this situation. You are really the only one who can do it."
concordtom
What is everyone just understood that everything trump says is a lie?

I think they need to be running regular ads selling that point. Getting it across.

Have Captain Kirk with a universal translator device. Trump said this, it means that.

The need to keep up on trump attacks is significant. A trump 2024 flag has gone up nearby.
bearister
What makes you think his supporters don't already know everything he says is lie? They don't care. He is their standard bearer in the Culture War that pits Good vs Evil.
okaydo

82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

Pretty cool.
concordtom
bearister said:

What makes you think his supporters don't already know everything he says is lie? They don't care. He is their standard bearer in the Culture War that pits Good vs Evil.

I'm naive.
bearister
"Boy Scouts of America reached an $850 million agreement with attorneys representing 60,000 victims of child sex abuse, AP reports.

Why it matters: The settlement would mark one of the largest sums in U.S. history involving cases of sexual abuse.
BSA has said that between $2.4 billion and $7.1 billion, including insurance, might be available for abuse victims. Attorneys for a tort claimants committee, which acts as a fiduciary for abuse victims in BSA's bankruptcy case, says 82,500 sexual abuse claims could total $103 billion." Axios

okaydo
bearister
If you have a neighbor who is rich and crazy:

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

concordtom
Houston replies: "eh hem, that's not in Houston! That's in California with all the rest of you kooks! WE don't have a problem, YOU do!"

(I always liked it before she painted it purple and made it a flinstone clown show. It was merely an architectural example that we might question the spaces we live in. But, oh well. To each their own.)
okaydo
Happy 75th birthday!

Happy 75th birthday!

Happy 100th birthday!

okaydo

concordtom

concordtom
bearister said:

"Boy Scouts of America reached an $850 million agreement with attorneys representing 60,000 victims of child sex abuse, AP reports.

Why it matters: The settlement would mark one of the largest sums in U.S. history involving cases of sexual abuse.
BSA has said that between $2.4 billion and $7.1 billion, including insurance, might be available for abuse victims. Attorneys for a tort claimants committee, which acts as a fiduciary for abuse victims in BSA's bankruptcy case, says 82,500 sexual abuse claims could total $103 billion." Axios

So then how much is available for Trump victims?
bearister

The hateful hillbillies are going to have to up their donations to fund the prosecution of this case. It has to be a publicity stunt because tRump cannot chance being deposed and questioned about January 6 Insurrection.

*With regard to the Mommy Reagan reference above: She was a pill popper and child abuser. One of Ronald Reagan's friends once told her that if she struck Patti Davis in his presence again, he would have child protective services take her away from her.
smh
bearister said:

..Patti Davis..
according to the internet she's alive, age 69..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patti_Davis
bearister
Armed Afghan women take to streets in show of defiance against Taliban

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/07/armed-afghan-women-take-to-streets-in-show-of-defiance-against-taliban?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*If Afghani women become fanatical enough to engage in suicide bombing, the Taliban may be forced to come to the table on social issues. Although they would probably pass a law that women that leave their homes are to be shot on sight.
okaydo
bearister
Mysterious jellyfish gathering grows in Rhode Island ponds | Centre Daily Times

https://www.centredaily.com/news/nation-world/national/article252617633.html

*They are alien pods dropped from UFO's over the Eastern seaboard that are in mid gestation.

BearForce2

30 months for crying.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

30 months for crying.
Umm . . . do you actually think that's what he was convicted for? Maybe you should read the article.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

30 months for crying.
Umm . . . do you actually think that's what he was convicted for? Maybe you should read the article.
C'mon man. He should have gotten 48 for crying.
bearister
How a 13-year-old basketball player from Louisiana is inspiring young girls everywhere | Guinness World Records

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2020/3/how-a-13-year-old-basketball-player-from-louisiana-is-inspiring-young-girls-every-612862?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiossports&stream=top
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

How a 13-year-old basketball player from Louisiana is inspiring young girls everywhere | Guinness World Records

She just won the spelling bee.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2020/3/how-a-13-year-old-basketball-player-from-louisiana-is-inspiring-young-girls-every-612862?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiossports&stream=top
bearister
Oops! That's how I knew about her. I thought it was mentioned in the story, but no, the hoop story predated the spelling bee.
bearister
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Oops! That's how I knew about her. I thought it was mentioned in the story, but no, the hoop story predated the spelling bee.

I just saw some of her dribbling clips on the morning news. Wow!!! What a talented kid. I really hope she goes pro after high school because she'll probably end up playing for Vandeveer.
bearister

We know the Matt Taibbi/Crystal Ball crowd mock liberal Democrats. How to they fashion their criticism of this group?

Rise of the anti-"woke" Democrat - Axios

https://www.axios.com/anti-woke-democrat-8a192166-3240-410d-8b2a-074e8013be66.html

*I concede this is a pretty solid piece:

Taibbi: Trump's Gone, So What's Next for the Democrats? Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/taibbi-trump-gone-whats-next-democrats-1101319/
BearForce2

Shhh....
bearister
Pales in comparison to the stories skipped by Fox News because they don't fit into it's Alternate Reality Universe, especially with regard to the pandemic (i.e. it's dangerous nature, and the importance of masks, social distancing and getting vaccinated). This is the most significant reason tRump Country is getting lit up with the Delta variant right now.

Those poor f@ucks live in a Disinformation Bubble of Fox News' making. If those people hadn't inflicted the tRump Crime Family on our nation, and will gladly try to do it again, I would almost feel sorry for them. However, under the present circumstances, Fox News is doing God's work as far as I am concerned.
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.