Breaking News

982,777 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BI has its first ever Ku Klux Klan avatar. Whatever it takes to get a Republican back in the White House.
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

BI has its first ever Ku Klux Klan avatar. Whatever it takes to get a Republican back in the White House.

Yogi is just a right-wing shill now.
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Yogi is just a right-wing shill now.

Imagining a parent thinking about Cal for their football playing son. Until the moment they clicked on Off Topic tonight.
BearForce2
BearForce2

Where was Whoopi?
BearForce2

The communists called George Soros a terrorist.
concordtom
What a jackass Jr. is!
That's just flat out rude, cruel, out of left field - simply for the sake of being rude and cruel.
However, it's STRAIGHT out of the Trump Playbook.
Congratulations to the Trump family for being the MOST HATED FAMILY in America!
Wow, what a legacy they leave behind to their grandchildren - kind of luck how slave owners now run from their family histories, ha!

concordtom
THE ONLY WAY TO STOP A BAD GUY WITH A GUN IS WITH A GOOD GUY AND A GUN
(disproved yet again)

University of Utah football player Aaron Lowe was killed in an early morning shooting in Salt Lake City on Sunday. He was 21 years old.

Salt Lake City police announced Lowe's death. They responded to a call about a fight involving a weapon breaking out at a house party after midnight. Two people were shot. Lowe was pronounced dead at the scene. The other gunshot victim who was not identified was transported to a hospital in critical condition.

Police are gathering information from party goers. They didn't identify a suspect in the shooting.

82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

(disproved yet again)

University of Utah football player Aaron Lowe was killed in an early morning shooting in Salt Lake City on Sunday. He was 21 years old.

Salt Lake City police announced Lowe's death. They responded to a call about a fight involving a weapon breaking out at a house party after midnight. Two people were shot. Lowe was pronounced dead at the scene. The other gunshot victim who was not identified was transported to a hospital in critical condition.

Police are gathering information from party goers. They didn't identify a suspect in the shooting.

Thank you. I think I'll still keep my gun just in case. Only shot it at the gun range so far. I hope it stays that way but as Sonny said in the Godfather, "I don't want my brother coming out of the bathroom with just his dick in his hand".
BearForce2
concordtom said:

(disproved yet again)

According to Uni2Sucks, the only way to stop an unarmed woman is to shoot her.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/104127
bearister
ATTACK OF THE KILLER OTTERS!

River otter attacks baffle authorities in Anchorage, Alaska

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/27/river-otter-attacks-anchorage-alaska?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

All they found was a bloody swimsuit and a rear molar:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
bearister
When the revolution comes, country clubbers will the first ones brought to the basement.
concordtom
PREDICTION ARTICLE SAYS LOTS OF STAFFERS WILL NOW LEAK THE BEANS ON TRUMP, NDA's WON'T WORK

It came after Trump sued Omarosa Manigault Newman, among the first of many former staffers to disparage him in a tell-all book.

In a ruling filed late last week, Trump lost a three-year legal battle trying to enforce a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Manigault Newman.

The book, called "Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House," was a deeply critical account of the year she spent working for Trump between 2017 and 2018.

Manigault Newman's attorney John Phillips said after the ruling that it would encourage other Trump staffers who had been reluctant to speak because of NDAs.

"People who signed these NDAs should sleep better and speak more freely," Manigault Newman's attorney John Phillips told the legal publication Law & Crime.

"Kudos to Omarosa Manigault Newman for coming forward and taking this on."

Even before the ruling, many Trump staffers published unflattering books about him

But there are still more senior aides who signed NDAs, The Washington Post reported.

Trump's legal team alleged that Manigault Newman broke a clause of the NDA requiring her not to discuss her time working for Trump at all.

As well as criticizing Trump in her book, she also made multiple media appearances in which she disparaged him, Trump's legal team argued.

But a judge ruled in a summary judgment dated September 24 that the NDA was not legally enforceable under New York law. He said it was too vaguely worded and broad in its scope, and therefore can't be enforced.

"The agreement definitely imposes on [the] respondent an obligation to never say anything remotely critical of Mr. Trump Trump, or his or his family members' interests, for the rest of her life. Such a burden is certainly unreasonable," Arbitrator T. Andrew Brown wrote in the judgment.

He added that the terms of the agreement were "vague, indefinite, and therefore void and unenforceable."

Trump will now be required to provide a "reasonable" settlement to cover Manigault Newman's legal fees and costs, Law & Crime reported.
Unit2Sucks
That is really funny news Tom. Good for Omarosa for sticking it out.

Trump's used an NDA which was known by his lawyers to have enforceability risk but which they chose to stick with for the "terroristic" effects. NDAs are very well understood so this isn't a particularly controversial outcome, it's just one which is rarely reached because it's typically not worth it for NDA subjects to fight it out until the bitter end. I've signed unenforceable NDAs in the past as a recipient and I generally don't care because I'm not interested in abusing confidential information. Team Trump was more than happy to use Michael Cohen and other uncouth/unsavory fixers to scare people into putting up with unreasonable restrictions. Now that someone has carried it to its logical conclusion, his NDAs have lost all teeth and he will be burned for having stuck with this approach.
concordtom
golden sloth said:

I knew religion was not for me in the third grade when my CCD teacher didn't adequately answer my question on where god came from.

I love it!
Isn't there a cartoon for that?

concordtom
concordtom

concordtom
School safety office shoots student, an 18 year old who has a 5 month old baby, and who had just been in a fight with another girl and was fleeing the scene.

Is he one of the "good guys with a gun" designed to stop the "bad guys with a gun"?????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/questions-grow-over-long-beach-004028125.html

Rodriguez was involved in a fight with a 15-year-old girl in a parking lot near Millikan High School on Monday afternoon, then got into a gray sedan with two teenage males, said Arantxa Chavarria of the Long Beach Police Department.

As the sedan sped away with Rodriguez in the passenger seat, the officer began shooting.

Chavarria said Rodriguez was hit in the upper body, but her family says it was the back of the head.

The safety officer was driving in the area when he saw the two females fighting, Chavarria said.

Detectives believe that the two knew each other and that the older one initiated the assault. No evidence has emerged that anyone involved in the fight was armed.

Video on social media showed the sedan exiting the parking lot and nearly clipping the safety officer.

Tragic!
bearister
I eat greasy fried eggs at least once a week': Daniel Craig on Bond, being buff and crying at British Gas ads

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/01/i-eat-greasy-fried-eggs-at-least-once-a-week-daniel-craig-on-bond-being-buff-and-crying-at-british-gas-ads?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*Loved him in Munich

B.A. Bearacus
78-year-old Mick Jagger enjoying a beer at a famous dive without anyone noticing. Also, bars Bearister is banned from referencing on BI.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article254641292.html
bearister
No way that one of those hobos wasn't a former SAS commando guarding Sir Mick.

bearister
The next 30 years of extreme weather may make today's disasters look benign - Axios

https://www.axios.com/extreme-weather-next-30-years-910321ed-0457-4732-8f8a-24c001330413.html
bearister
I'm surprised that Jeff Bezos' space travel company, Blue Origen, invited Billy Shatner to fly aboard its rocket on October 12, in light of the fact that when Shatner was young he hallucinated on a commercial air flight and had to be restrained with duct tape and belts until the plane could make an emergency landing.
Rare footage of the incident has recently gone viral.

concordtom
If that's The Twilight Zone - I remember seeing that in the 80's.
He saw something outside the window mid-flight. Well, maybe aliens will look at him from outside his capsule window - that would be cool.

They're out there!
bearister
I saw it in 1963.

This episode, Nick of Time, aired in 1960:

* There has to have been hundreds of movies and TV shows derivative of Twilight Zone. Rod Serling was a forward thinking genius squared other than his 4 packs of Camels a day habit.
bearister
How South Dakota became a global tax haven - Axios

https://www.axios.com/south-dakota-global-tax-haven-5120d206-20ab-4cc1-ba91-d1d59fe22487.html

BearForce2

Texas shooting.
Unit2Sucks
Big if true.

bearister
The five biggest threats to our natural world … and how we can stop them

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/14/five-biggest-threats-natural-world-how-we-can-stop-them-aoe?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
LA clears another park encampment in battle over worsening housing crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/14/los-angeles-macarthur-park-encampment-housing-crisis?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Located in a neighborhood home to many Central American immigrants, MacArthur Park is known for its lake and picturesque fountain, a popular soccer field, a pavilion for outdoor performances and a large population of geese."

bearister
Is America experiencing an unofficial general strike?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/13/american-workers-general-strike-robert-reich?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Is America experiencing an unofficial general strike?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/13/american-workers-general-strike-robert-reich?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

My first take usually on this is grow up, go to work, go back to or stay in school, etc. But I also think, heck I know, that upper management compensation has soared in relationship to middle/lower class wages the last 20 years. Raising taxes on these guys is sort of like 'trickle down' economics. It doesn't really get the job done. I say pass a universal compensation scale based on the profits (or some measure) of the company. In other words, force the folks at the top to share some of the wealth with their workers.
concordtom
Russian Oligarch home in DC being raided. Happens to be neighbors with George Conway.

Tightening to noose on Trump fo sho

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-agents-swarm-d-c-152607094.html
bearister

Axios
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.