Breaking News

982,707 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 54 min ago by movielover
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Someone needs to look into this. Very troubling. From a wetness standpoint we could be looking at a real problem. And yet nobody is talking about it? Where are the patriots?

bearister
Mike Lindell is on bath salts. Didn't he recently try to eat Sidney Powell's face off?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2

Come here Joe. I said come here. Joe, look at me!
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
I like the color of two tweets by Trump in this story about how he wanted the US Army to go to war in Mexico vs their drug cartels.
I also like the color of Mexican president's response.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wanted-send-us-troops-130445931.html

After nine Americans - three women and six children - were killed by cartel gunmen in Mexico, Trump publicly called for a forceful response on social media.

Trump tweeted that "if Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively. The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!"

He added that "this is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth. We merely await a call from your great new president!"

Mexican President Andrs Manuel Lpez Obrador responded by saying: "We appreciate and thank very much President Trump and any foreign government that wants to help, but in these cases we have to act with independence."
bearister
okaydo
Rip

https://instagr.am/p/CVOR_F9jZ0c
concordtom
Who dat?
okaydo
concordtom said:

Who dat?

She posted that video on Tuesday.

BearForce2
concordtom said:

Who dat?
Alec Baldwin just shot and killed her.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

Alec Baldwin's life just changed in a flash of an eye.
BearForce2
Some team won the WNBA championship and there was a victory parade in Chicago, But no one attended, the streets were empty.
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

Who dat?

Oh geez. That's awful. Beyond awful.
But hasn't this happened before on a movie set?? Seems like such an easily preventable thing. I'm sickened!! And sad.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

Who dat?

But hasn't this happened before on a movie set?? Seems like such an easily preventable thing. I'm sickened!! And sad.

Yes. How are prop firearms loaded with anything other than blanks. Something doesn't add up.
okaydo
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

Who dat?

Yes. How are prop firearms loaded with anything other than blanks. Something doesn't add up.

Blanks can be deadly.

Here's a really good explainer on the use of prop guns.

https://www.thewrap.com/heres-how-a-prop-gun-using-blanks-can-still-fire-a-fatal-shot/
82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

Who dat?

Blanks can be deadly.

Here's a really good explainer on the use of prop guns.

https://www.thewrap.com/heres-how-a-prop-gun-using-blanks-can-still-fire-a-fatal-shot/

Thank you. Will wait to hear what happened.
bearister
This is scary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/eastbay/amp/Former-head-of-Oakland-Ceasefire-shot-in-West-16552792.php
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

Who dat?

Beyond loading them with anything other than blanks, the prop guns should not be capable of holding anything other than blanks. Like, a track starter's gun doesn't hold blanks in the chamber! No film set should ever have a gun capable of shooting a bullet. It's just a sign of our acceptance of guns in society as a normal thing. If I ever see a gun, I don't want to touch it!
concordtom
bearister said:

This is scary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/eastbay/amp/Former-head-of-Oakland-Ceasefire-shot-in-West-16552792.php
Retired Oakland police captain and former Ceasefire head Ersie Joyner was shot Thursday afternoon shortly after 1 p.m., according to two law enforcement sources familiar with the situation. Police found Joyner at a West Oakland gas station that was littered with bullet casings.
bearister
'I wasn't sure if I was ready': Doubts of 24-year-old head armorer

https://mol.im/a/10123003
okaydo
concordtom
Column: Why is Trump running for president again? To stay out of jail
Doyle McManus
Sun, October 24, 2021, 4:00 AM

Throughout his epic, scandal-ridden career, Donald Trump has compiled an astonishing record of impunity, constantly staying one jump ahead of prosecutors, plaintiffs and creditors.

He is the only president to be impeached twice, and acquitted twice by the votes of Republican senators.

Scroll to continue with contentAd

Forget overdraft fees, we'll spot you up to $200*
Chime
Forget overdraft fees, we'll spot you up to $200*
Get fee-free overdraft up to $200* and no unnecessary fees with Chime. Apply online today - signing up takes 2 minutes.
APPLY NOW
He spent almost three years under investigation for what looked like collusion with Russia, only to walk away scot-free.

His former lawyer, Michael Cohen, went to prison for paying hush money to an adult entertainer known as Stormy Daniels, but "Individual-1," the man who ordered him to write the check, was never held accountable.

That record of escapes would make Houdini envious.

But Trump remains under the gun. He's still in search of escape routes.

A House committee is examining his attempts to overturn last year's presidential election, including his actions when a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

A prosecutor in Georgia is investigating whether he violated state law against soliciting election fraud when he demanded that officials "find 11,780 votes" the number he needed to undo Joe Biden's victory in that state.

And prosecutors in New York are looking into allegations that Trump, or at least the closely held family business he runs, committed tax and bank fraud.

But don't count him out.

"His life has been a series of lessons showing that with aggressive lawyering and a lot of chutzpah, you can achieve almost total immunity," Norman Eisen, a counsel to the House Judiciary Committee during Trump's first impeachment, told me.

The former president's most visible battles are against the Democratic-led House of Representatives, which asked the Justice Department last week to prosecute his former aide Stephen K. Bannon after Bannon refused to comply with a subpoena.

Trump has ordered Bannon and other former associates to stonewall on the grounds that all of his conversations with them are protected by executive privilege.

That's the legal doctrine that allows a president to protect internal White House deliberations from congressional snooping, a claim Trump asserted broadly when he was president.

In this case, the claim sounds far-fetched: How can a former president assert executive privilege, especially over conversations with someone like Bannon, who wasn't a government official at the time?

But constitutional lawyers say Trump has several arguments he can make. He'll probably try them all.

First, a former president does have the right to assert executive privilege. Trump can thank former President Nixon for that, fittingly enough. In 1977, Nixon tried to block the federal government from releasing his presidential papers; he lost, but in deciding the case, the Supreme Court declared that former presidents can assert the privilege under some circumstances.

As for Bannon, the Justice Department has long argued that executive privilege can protect a president's meetings with nonemployees as long as the discussion covers official business. In January, Bannon reportedly urged Trump to block Congress from certifying Biden's election, then told listeners of his Jan. 5 podcast: "All hell is going to break loose tomorrow."

"If the cases are argued on the merits, Trump and Bannon are unlikely to prevail," Jonathan Shaub, a former Justice Department lawyer who now teaches at the University of Kentucky's law school, told me.

"Executive privilege doesn't apply to acts taken in a personal or political capacity, and it doesn't apply when there are concrete allegations of wrongdoing."

But winning may not be the point.

"In the end, this is all about delay," Shaub said.

Trump and his supporters know that if they can tie the House committee in knots until the 2022 congressional election, there's a good chance Republicans will win control of the chamber and kill the investigation.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) and committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) know that too. That's a major reason they asked the Justice Department to prosecute Bannon for criminal contempt; it's faster than a civil suit.

The next step is up to Atty. Gen. Merrick Garland, who has exasperated some Democrats by keeping his distance from the Trump investigations.

President Biden said last week that he thinks Garland should prosecute Bannon and others who reject congressional subpoenas. That was an improper, Trump-style act of presidential jawboning; Garland pushed back, saying he wanted to return the Justice Department to its apolitical norm.

But Biden was right on the merits; without the threat of prosecution, Bannon and others will continue to stonewall.

Meanwhile, Trump has made his defense almost entirely political, not only denouncing the House investigation but praising the mob that invaded the capital.

"The insurrection took place on Nov. 3, election day," he said in a written statement last week. "Jan. 6 was the protest!"

He's used the investigation to raise money for his political action committee, which has collected millions.

"The Left will never stop coming after me," he wrote in an email to donors last week. "Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to make a statement to the Left that you'll ALWAYS stand with YOUR President."

And there, no matter how the legal wrangles turn out, lies the answer to a persistent question about Trump: What makes him run?

Ego, surely, in part. A desire to take revenge on his adversaries too.

But two practical reasons, as well.

One is money. Political contributions may be the most reliable revenue stream the Trump family enterprise has at the moment.

The other, equally important, is to bolster his legal defense. As long as he's running (or even sort of running), Trump can denounce every inquest and subpoena as just another part of a political vendetta. It's a way to hold his troops together and to make every prosecutor think twice.

He's notching up another presidential first: He's running for reelection to stay out of jail.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.
bearister
Hung jury is best you would ever get prosecuting tRump. No possibility of an acquittal.

Prosecution of a political enemy of tRump: Possibility of hung jury; possibility of acquittal; and zero possibility of conviction.

Prosecution of tRump allies: Stone and Manafort proved that a conviction is a real possibility.

* I'm afraid Mother Nature or a Deplorable that figures out he got F'd is the only way justice will be brought to gold toilet boy.

concordtom
Breaking news:
Trump made me liberal.
Biden is making me even more liberal.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-crafts-climate-plan-b-135813672.html

Sh*t ain't happening!
We need to go way radical to defeat the radical right.
I'm ready to suit up. Give me a black hoody and thank god for the second amendment!!!
okaydo
2 things have happened in the Alec Baldwin case:

1) They hired a 24-year-old armorer -- the person in charge of the guns -- who just worked her first movie as armorer in August -- based on the fact that her dad was an iconic movie gun person and armorer. Basically, it's Hollywood nepotism, but deadly. She did a sh*tty job, obviously.

2) The assistant director, who is supposed to check the gun to ensure it's safety before handing it to the actor, apparently didn't. He was the subject of previous complaints.

bearister
" TV crew member has disclosed that she raised safety concerns in the past about the assistant director who authorities say unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin the prop gun that killed the cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a film set in New Mexico last week.

Maggie Goll, a prop maker and licensed pyrotechnician, said she filed an internal complaint with the executive producers of Hulu's Into the Dark TV series over concerns about the assistant director Dave Halls' conduct on set.

Goll alleged in an interview that Halls had previously not followed safety protocols for weapons and pyrotechnics when she worked alongside him on the TV series in 2019.

How did the shooting happen? The exact circumstances are not yet clear but a court filing describes how Halls grabbed a gun off a cart and handed it to Baldwin, indicating that the weapon was safe by yelling "cold gun". But it was, unknown to Halls, loaded with live rounds, according to the records.

Were there problems on set beforehand? Just six hours before that, half a dozen crew members had walked off the Rust set to protest against poor conditions and safety concerns, including gun safety amid reports of incidents of a prop gun being accidentally misfired earlier in filming.

Are prop guns safe? Propmasters say when rules are followed correctly, prop guns are "truly very safe". For scenes with more than one firearm, sets normally use an armourer who is responsible for the safety and security of any guns. The last time anyone was fatally shot on set in the US was in 1993." The Guardian
concordtom
For that 24 year old, I hear fast food joints are hiring like crazy!!

(She'll never work in the industry again)
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

For that 24 year old, I hear fast food joints are hiring like crazy!!

(She'll never work in the industry again)

Everyone has openings. She should have no problem getting a low paying job that doesn't involve firearms. I just heard from my Coug BIL (Nordstrom c suite) that they have 1200 openings. He spends one day a month (week?) in a store putting tags on clothing to make up for the manpower shortage. Strange times.
concordtom
Strange times indeed.
I mean, I wouldn't want to do most of the jobs I hear about as being starved for workers, but there were workers doing them before, so... there were folks willing to flip burgers and put tags on clothes before...

Where have all the workers gone???
BearForce2
concordtom said:

Strange times indeed.
I mean, I wouldn't want to do most of the jobs I hear about as being starved for workers, but there were workers doing them before, so... there were folks willing to flip burgers and put tags on clothes before...

Where have all the workers gone???
okaydo
https://www.thewrap.com/halyna-hutchins-live-ammo-target-practice/

okaydo
https://www.mediaite.com/news/rust-assistant-director-fired-from-previous-movie-after-a-different-crew-member-suffered-gun-injury/
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

This is nuts. Hollywood needs to take action and there shouldn't have ever been any live guns anywhere near a set that could be confused with cold guns. The difference between the republican response (thoughts and prayers, except when it's a political enemy in which case they politicize immediately) and the progressive response is that one group cares about saving lives. Fixing this hollywood practice will make people safer and will cost nothing. I don't think any crime was committed here under existing laws, but this can be addressed quite easily to prevent future harm.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

This is nuts. Hollywood needs to take action and there shouldn't have ever been any live guns anywhere near a set that could be confused with cold guns. The difference between the republican response (thoughts and prayers, except when it's a political enemy in which case they politicize immediately) and the progressive response is that one group cares about saving lives. Fixing this hollywood practice will make people safer and will cost nothing. I don't think any crime was committed here under existing laws, but this can be addressed quite easily to prevent future harm.

As the person in control of the firearm, you never assume the gun has blanks or the gun is unloaded. This has nothing to do with the Republican Party. Hollywood will give him an achievement award next year for exemplifying courage during this trying time.
okaydo
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

As the person in control of the firearm, you never assume the gun has blanks or the gun is unloaded. This has nothing to do with the Republican Party. Hollywood will give him an achievement award next year for exemplifying courage during this trying time.

Yet another case of BF2 dreaming up a fantasy scenario about a tragedy, assuming certain people will follow through on it and then bashing them for it. I'll eat my phone if someone attempts to honor Alec Baldwin for courage. I doubt seriously that Baldwin would accept it if offered. He clearly seemed distraught about what happened. I expect it will haunt him for the rest of his life.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.