Breaking News

982,381 Views | 11786 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by bear2034
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
okaydo said:

I think several BIers are part of this cult.

It's like the old joke says: "Hey, you put a little salt and pepper on that s*** and it's not half bad."
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

okaydo said:

It's like the old joke says: "Hey, you put a little salt and pepper on that s*** and it's not half bad."
Frank's? I put his s*** on everything!
calbear93
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Big C said:

okaydo said:

Frank's? I put his s*** on everything!

Can you two stop this crap? This topic is ****ty.
okaydo
One of my biggest takeaways from attending UC Berkeley is how very smart people can be so dumb.

BearForce2

Joe Biden falsely claims he was appointed to the Naval Academy in 1965, the same year he graduated from the University of Delaware near the bottom of his class.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Joe Biden falsely claims he was appointed to the Naval Academy in 1965, the same year he graduated from the University of Delaware near the bottom of his class.

He misspoke. It happens. He meant 1956.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

You say appointed to, the video says applied to. Oh well, they both start with an a. I can understand the confusion when you're trying to troll in a foreign language.
BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

You say appointed to, the video says applied to. Oh well, they both start with an a. I can understand the confusion when you're trying to troll in a foreign language.

Biden said "appointed." The video title is incorrect. Did you know his son was in the Navy Reserve for a few days before they kicked him out for drug use? They're both losers, one lost his teeth, the other lost his mind.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
Archbishop Cordelione, Weaponizer of the Eucharist got passed over:

SF archbishop who banned Pelosi from Communion passed over in cardinal assignment

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sf-archbishop-who-banned-pelosi-from-communion-passed-over-in-cardinal-assignment

BearForce2
The first shall be last and the last shall be first. In the case of Nancy Pelosi, she might not even be on the list. And her hubby is lucky he didn't kill anyone when he was caught driving intoxicated.
bearister
Did Joe Manchin block climate action to benefit his financial interests?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/31/joe-manchin-hold-climate-policy-hostage-to-benefit-his-financial-interests?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Did Joe Manchin block climate action to benefit his financial interests?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/31/joe-manchin-hold-climate-policy-hostage-to-benefit-his-financial-interests?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

But Pelosi is on the record saying that she sees no issue with law makers holding investments that may compromise their opinions. So it's all good.
bearister
Oh, yes, hypocrisy and double dealing is not limited to one party. Few politicians depart Washington D.C. poorer than when they arrived.

*In the postscripts of the HBO limited series, We Own this City (about police corruption in Baltimore), it is amusing to see how the police brass and city officials ended up.

We Own This City (TV Mini Series 2022) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14192504/
BearForce2
bearister said:

Oh, yes, hypocrisy and double dealing is not limited to one party. Few politicians depart Washington D.C. poorer than when they arrived.

*In the postscripts of the HBO limited series, We Own this City (about police corruption in Baltimore), it is amusing to see how the police brass and city officials ended up.

President Trump is the first President in modern history who actually lost money during his time in the White House. President Trump left office with a net worth of about $2.5 billion, down from $4.5 billion when he announced his candidacy for president in 2015.

President Trump also kept his promise and donated all of his $1.6 million in salary to charity during his time in the White House.
BearForce2

82gradDLSdad
BearForce2 said:

No idea what party Yang is in these days but I'd vote for him.
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

Why would you vote for someone with no experience and unrealistic ideas? When has that ever worked out? Yang has showed himself to be a shallow thinker and unfocused wannabe politician and dilettante. He wasn't even that successful in business which is what he tried to base his reputation on. He only got 160k votes despite making a lot of noise in the 2020 primary. Look at his disastrous run for mayor of NYC and the message is clear.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Look at his disastrous run for mayor of NYC and the message is clear.

This right here is the reason he left the party. It had little to do with principle. He just couldn't get votes.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Look at his disastrous run for mayor of NYC and the message is clear.

This right here is the reason he left the party. It had little to do with principle. He just couldn't get votes.
It turns out that narcissism alone isn't enough, it's just table stakes for politics. If he wanted to serve his country, he should start a bit lower than president or even mayor of the biggest city in the country. Start by working in public service and make his way up from there. Unfortunately for him, public service without recognition appears uninteresting. He has no business anywhere near the white house.
bearister
This is an interesting read.

Rick Caruso, King of The Grove Who Would Be L.A.'s Mayor

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/06/rick-caruso-king-of-the-grove-who-would-be-l-a-s-mayor.html
82gradDLSdad
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Why would you vote for someone with no experience and unrealistic ideas? When has that ever worked out? Yang has showed himself to be a shallow thinker and unfocused wannabe politician and dilettante. He wasn't even that successful in business which is what he tried to base his reputation on. He only got 160k votes despite making a lot of noise in the 2020 primary. Look at his disastrous run for mayor of NYC and the message is clear.

I'm all ears. Who should I vote for.
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

I suppose it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to encourage dilettante shallow thinkers, by all means Yang is your guy.
sycasey
82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

As always, it depends on the election and the candidates.
82gradDLSdad
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

I suppose it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to encourage dilettante shallow thinkers, by all means Yang is your guy.

I'll admit, I don't spend days researching candidates. I liked a couple of things Yang said in the presidential debates and I'm really growing tired of lifelong politicians. One example for Yang, I didn't like his $1000 per month for everyone. But his explanation of possible solutions for a society which could conceivably automate a large percentage of its society out of a job showed me he's at least thinking about problems differently than our politicians.
To preempt things, I'll appreciate responses but I probably will not reply. I'm out of my depth discussing politics with most on this board. I've already gone too far...for me.
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

I'll admit, I don't spend days researching candidates. I liked a couple of things Yang said in the presidential debates and I'm really growing tired of lifelong politicians. One example for Yang, I didn't like his $1000 per month for everyone. But his explanation of possible solutions for a society which could conceivably automate a large percentage of its society out of a job showed me he's at least thinking about problems differently than our politicians.
To preempt things, I'll appreciate responses but I probably will not reply. I'm out of my depth discussing politics with most on this board. I've already gone too far...for me.
I think Yang was a good talker so if that's what you are looking for he might be an interesting choice. Given his lack of experience, or interest in gaining practical experience, I have a hard time imagining him actually accomplishing anything.

I think we have a lot of recent experience with politicians who didn't have a track record of getting stuff done. Obviously we all know what happened with 45. I criticized Obama for the same reason and think that his lack of experience made it harder for him to accomplish much during his presidency, although obviously he leaned on Biden and others to help get stuff done. I think if Obama had spent some more time on the hill developing relationships and building credibility, he may have been able to accomplish more in his 8 years. Of course some will label me an optimist and say that there is nothing anyone could have done given the opposing party and it certainly seems that way under Biden.

I'm generally in agreement with you that the opposite of Yang - lifelong politicians - is undesirable but we have to balance that cynicism with choosing people who can actually do things. Or it may not matter because we are doomed with the clowns in Washington.
bearister
https://abc7news.com/ex-boyfriend-of-missing-oakley-woman-killed-in-attack-on-police/11918840/

"Looks like someone just saved the taxpayers a lot of money."
82gradDLSdad
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

I think Yang was a good talker so if that's what you are looking for he might be an interesting choice. Given his lack of experience, or interest in gaining practical experience, I have a hard time imagining him actually accomplishing anything.

I think we have a lot of recent experience with politicians who didn't have a track record of getting stuff done. Obviously we all know what happened with 45. I criticized Obama for the same reason and think that his lack of experience made it harder for him to accomplish much during his presidency, although obviously he leaned on Biden and others to help get stuff done. I think if Obama had spent some more time on the hill developing relationships and building credibility, he may have been able to accomplish more in his 8 years. Of course some will label me an optimist and say that there is nothing anyone could have done given the opposing party and it certainly seems that way under Biden.

I'm generally in agreement with you that the opposite of Yang - lifelong politicians - is undesirable but we have to balance that cynicism with choosing people who can actually do things. Or it may not matter because we are doomed with the clowns in Washington.

And just like that I'm responding like I said I wouldn't. I'm really ready to vote for anyone at any level of government who doesn't have much political experience but talks about fixing problems in a unique but practical manner. I guess I'm sort of "I'll know it when I see it" kind of person. Another thing Yang said that piqued my interest was his response to a Trump question. While every other person took the chance to bash Trump (not that it was unwarranted) he spoke about Trump being elected as part of a bigger issue and that beating Trump was just a beginning. Sounds obvious but he was the only one who answered the question like that. I agree about the getting stuff done issue. I have no idea if he would actually be a good president. But I voted for Biden almost knowing he wouldn't be good. There were other, more important, reasons (well, one big reason) why I voted for him.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

President Trump is the first President in modern history who actually lost money during his time in the White House. President Trump left office with a net worth of about $2.5 billion, down from $4.5 billion when he announced his candidacy for president in 2015.

President Trump also kept his promise and donated all of his $1.6 million in salary to charity during his time in the White House.

I think even Trump's most ardent critics would have to admit that he's a selfless man of the people! A humanitarian!
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

I think even Trump's most ardent critics would have to admit that he's a selfless man of the people! A humanitarian!

Biden and Harris gave less to charity than others in their income bracket:

https://nypost.com/2022/04/16/joe-biden-harris-gave-less-to-charity-than-others-in-income-bracket/
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

And if you want the opposite, Biden is your guy?
okaydo
We're young.

bearister
"LeBron James' net worth has surpassed $1 billion after the Lakers superstar earned $121.2 million last year, Axios' Jeff Tracy writes.

Why it matters: He's the first active NBA player to reach that milestone, per Forbes (subscription). Michael Jordan became a billionaire, too, but only in retirement."
concordtom
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

I can't laugh at that. I just can't.
The man should be placed in a blender and spun.

What's black and white, and red all over?
A newspaper.

What's green and red and goes really fast?
A frog in a blender.

What's orange and red and clogs up a blender because of excessively high gelantinous content?
You guessed it!!
concordtom
TRUMPIANS

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.