Breaking News

977,178 Views | 11760 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SFCityBear
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Ursine said:

movielover said:

This is the article within that link. I probably wouldn't read the link above as there seems to be a clear agenda with that website.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41612-020-00143-w

Yeah, if climate change is a fraud, why has there been dramatic warming and loss of ice in the Arctic? It's a complicated subject and I suspect Antarctica being a continent with miles of ice covering it has made it much slower to change than the Arctic with its few meters of ice over an ocean. I can think of other differences too.

So easily explainable: Heat rises. All the warm water tends to go up to the Artic, while all the cold goes down to the Antartic!

This is the best explanation I have heard yet!
Can you next provide us with a similarly plain, simple and obviously intuitive explanation as to why Donald Trump is still not in jail?
These are the vexing questions that keep a man awake at 4am!!
concordtom
okaydo said:

Uhm, excuse me.
And why does this belong in the Breaking News thread but not the Obituaries thread?

Oh, I get it. This is 'your' thread, and you're trying to outcompete 'my' thread.
Well, that's fine. Your clicks tally might be crushing mine, but I'll have you know, mister, Death shall have the final word - even if there's nobody left to report it!
movielover
concordtom said:

Big C said:

Ursine said:

movielover said:

This is the article within that link. I probably wouldn't read the link above as there seems to be a clear agenda with that website.

Yeah, if climate change is a fraud, why has there been dramatic warming and loss of ice in the Arctic? It's a complicated subject and I suspect Antarctica being a continent with miles of ice covering it has made it much slower to change than the Arctic with its few meters of ice over an ocean. I can think of other differences too.

So easily explainable: Heat rises. All the warm water tends to go up to the Artic, while all the cold goes down to the Antartic!

Can you next provide us with a similarly plain, simple and obviously intuitive explanation as to why Donald Trump is still not in jail?

Because tens of Millions of dollars, dozens of crooked lawyers and investigators, politically crooked SDNY, FBI, DOJ, WFO and others through multiple fraudulent investigations, proved nothing.

At the same time, the hunt for the Orange Man sadly proved:

- 26 DOJ attorneys illegally wiped their Federal smartphones
- FBI filed multiple fraudulent FISA warrants
- the FBI and DOJ knew the pee pee dossier was fake, but continued with the scam and subsequent cover up
- the FBI illegally spied on a presidential candidate (likely also Bernie Sanders and Dr. Ben Carson), as well as Treasury officials
- the FBI / DOJ hid Igor Danchenko as a Confidential Human Source (CHS) bc he could reveal the scam and paid him $200,000
- four outside contractors illegally accessed the NSA database to conduct tens of thousands of illegal searches (Judge Rosemary Collyer and Admiral Mike Rogers)
- Twitter Files releases are revealing the Federal government censoring speech via 3rd parties and web portals
- MSM in the bag on issues from Covid, to President Trump, to Seymour Hersh uncovering the Biden Administration allegedly blowing up the Nordstream pipelines (act of war)
- the FBI allows Antifa and BLM to burn and loot cities, over 50 Americans killed, but tries to frame politicians Democrats don't like
- we still don't have the documents from Crossfire Hurricane, texts from love birds Lisa Page / Peter Strzok, etc.

The Swamp doesn't like outsiders. Not Ross Perot, the Tea Party, Bernie Sanders, Dr. Ben Carson, or Donald Trump.

Finally dozens of FBI Whistleblowers are coming forward to expose the politically driven FBI. But the DC Swamp will bury that, too.

But all is well. Investment firm BlackRock is knee deep in the White House with multiple key appointments, and will help to rebuild Ukraine and run America.
smh
> Uhm, excuse me.
> And why does this belong in the Breaking News thread but not the Obituaries thread?

from the wayback machine, when i was in the army / not yet at cal..
concordtom
I'm sorry, movielover, but that was neither similarly plain, nor simple, and certainly not obviously intuitive.

Further, the question wasn't directed to you - you interrupted and butted in.

concordtom

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exxon-gives-much-hyped-algae-180921320.html

It's the end of an algal era: Exxon is backing out of a biofuel effort
that the company has for years centered as part of its work in clean energy.

Both Shell and BP had abandoned their efforts by 2012, and Chevron admitted on its website in 2018 that its work "to produce second-generation biofuels that are economical at scale without subsidies has not been successful."
movielover
Cal88

Acid cloud over Ohio viewed from above
DiabloWags
Senator Feinstein has retired.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

Wise decision. It was time for her to step down. There goes one of the last ripples from Dan White's legacy. Feinstein never would have been elected Senator but for becoming the San Francisco Mayor after the Moscone/Milk assassinations.
concordtom
smh said:

> Uhm, excuse me.
> And why does this belong in the Breaking News thread but not the Obituaries thread?

from the wayback machine, when i was in the army / not yet at cal..

I wasn't sure what the connection to my post yours represented.
But now this, and I think I get it!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-plan-2nd-term-reportedly-181144421.html

Bloodthirst!

As Donald Trump's second re-election bid begins to pick up steam in the new year, details about the former president's plans for his return to the White House have begun to emerge including a new report from Rolling Stone, which alleges Trump has begun polling his advisers on whether he should bring back firing squads, hangings, and even the guillotine should he win in 2024.

According to two sources, the former president has even begun exploring the possibility of group executions, with a third person claiming Trump has expressed interest in a government ad campaign to highlight the administration's lethality and, per Rolling Stone's source, "help put the fear of God into violent criminals."

While my Obituaries thread was designed merely for website organization, and my note to Okaydo was an attempt at humor, I can get behind Trump's alleged call for punishment - so long as it means he is the first, and last, to face his own (alleged) proposal.
movielover
Feinstein and her husband coincidentally became very wealthy in the process, and had a Chinese spy as a driver for 20 years.
concordtom
movielover said:

Feinstein and her husband coincidentally became very wealthy in the process, and had a Chinese spy as a driver for 20 years.

Here's a series you might like, and I've heard great things about it.

And by the way, is there a chance you are racist?
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blum were very wealthy long before she ever was elected Senator.
Unit2Sucks

movielover said:

Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blum were very wealthy long before she ever was elected Senator.

In ML's defense: he's wrong about everything and never knows what he's taking about.
Big C
concordtom said:

Big C said:

Ursine said:

movielover said:

Sorry, but I'm making an effort to not insult fat right-wingers anymore. Trying to turn over a new leaf...
movielover
Burnishing your liberal bona fides?
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

In ML's defense: he's wrong about everything and never knows what he's taking about.

Hahaha.
I guess that just succinctly ends the conversation.
concordtom
movielover said:

Burnishing your liberal bona fides?

Not sure what you're talking about, again.
It's people like you who have me screaming an orgasmic, "Yesss, Yesss! I'm a liberal!!! Thank god almighty, I'm a liberal!"

Thanks for helping me get really comfortable in my political skin!
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

Ursine said:

movielover said:

Sorry, but I'm making an effort to not insult fat right-wingers anymore. Trying to turn over a new leaf...

Okay, I appreciate where you're coming from.
But can I just ask for old time's sake now and then?

(image courtesy of AI image generator https://stablediffusionweb.com/ . Inputs were "donald trump skeleton in jail prison bars color", and it took about 20 tries to get one I liked.)
movielover

DiabloWags said:

Wise decision. It was time for her to step down. There goes one of the last ripples from Dan White's legacy. Feinstein never would have been elected Senator but for becoming the San Francisco Mayor after the Moscone/Milk assassinations.

Stepped down, or pushed out by the Swamp?

Reporters at the Capitol asked her about the announcement.

"I haven't made that decision," Feinstein said, according to Savannah Behrman of the National Journal. "I haven't released anything."

"A Feinstein staffer then told her, "We put out the statement."

"You put out the statement?" the senator replied, seemingly surprised. "

She was in a powerful position at the SSCI, and was previously tangled up in a mess there with FusionGPS, Mark Warner, Glenn Simpson, etc. Looks like the Dems are lining up shady Schumer to take her spot.
Cal88
Meanwhile in Texas:

Is Sebastopol, CA next?

Russian Hill, SF?
bearister

Well, it won't be Moscow, Idaho because they asked some of the Right Wing militiamen there about it and they said it was news to them that there was a city called Moscow in Russia.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

"I haven't made that decision," Feinstein said, according to Savannah Behrman of the National Journal. "I haven't released anything."

She was in a powerful position at the SSCI, and was previously tangled up in a mess there with FusionGPS, Mark Warner, Glenn Simpson, etc. Looks like the Dems are lining up shady Schumer to take her spot.

Diane Feinstein is being "pushed out"?!?

1. She's not resigning, just not seeking reelection in 2024.
2. She's 89 and suffering from pretty bad dementia.

Unfortunate hubris: Who decides to take on an important, six-year commitment at age 85? She could've gone out in 2018 with a great legacy. Now it's tarnished. Sad to see. I guess being a Senator isn't that hard, if you don't need to worry about getting reelected.
concordtom
Maybe she was thinking about break Strom Thurmond's record.

People don't like retiring and waiting until death. It's like giving up the vigorous fight for life.
Big C
concordtom said:

People don't like retiring and waiting until death. It's like giving up the vigorous fight for life.

Lotta truth to that, especially in our youth-worshipping society. Check out the life expectancy in a country like Japan, where they respect age. (Hint: It's a lot longer than here.)

Regarding Strom Thurmond, supposedly towards the end, in the middle of a dinner with a lot of people, he fell asleep, face-first in his plate. Hopefully they weren't having, like, a fish stew. I hope DiFi doesn't go out like that (although she already hugged Lindsay Graham in public, so... ).
heartofthebear
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

FOX news is not an information source. What is your source for information?
EDIT: Actually, maybe my first question should be, are you interested in debating facts or disseminating a narrative? If you are trying to relay facts, what is your source? If you are only interested in a particular narrative, why?
okaydo
It must be weird to win the lottery.

California law means you have to be publicly identified. I don't think it gives the city of residence, though. But at least he apparently got 3 months to plan and perhaps wait out the media attention.

concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Lotta truth to that, especially in our youth-worshipping society. Check out the life expectancy in a country like Japan, where they respect age. (Hint: It's a lot longer than here.)

Regarding Strom Thurmond, supposedly towards the end, in the middle of a dinner with a lot of people, he fell asleep, face-first in his plate. Hopefully they weren't having, like, a fish stew. I hope DiFi doesn't go out like that (although she already hugged Lindsay Graham in public, so... ).

My parents divorced when I was 8, and remarried. So, I had 4 parents. My stepdad died at 93 and the other 3 are currently late 70's early 80s.

It's been really interesting to watch them go through the aging process of decline, and discussing it with my best friend who is in the same situation.

I see the mental decline, sure. Forgetfulness, not as quick. That's not the issue for me.
Because of that, though, they should be turnover aspects of their "realms" to their more capable children, in my opinion.

Like, my mom struggles to manage her financial bill paying processes, and it just causes her stress. If she could trust, she could live a much higher quality of life. She's got deferred maintenance at her place. I could easily fix. She's got a property she needs to sell. But she doesn't yield control not only because of the desire for "control" but because, I've decided, if she gave up striving to manage things then it's like giving up, quitting, might as well die.

Same observation with all 4 of them.

I've decided that I'm going to do differently when/as I age. I'm going to recognize that there are areas I should yield so as to focus on the better aspects of life.

Like, strive in healthier ways than just constantly clutching the power button.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm not being as concise as I could be.
It's this, these people (my parents, old politicians) try to hang on as their old selves in an effort to stay alive, stay relevant. It gives them meaning and purpose.
But perhaps a better model is that of the aging pro athlete who decides to hang 'em up and immediately pivots to his next career, as it broadcasting or becoming a family man or being a product pitch man - as opposed to simply not having a clue.

These people I speak of have been mentally unprepared for what their second (senior) career might be like.
They are in denial of aging and transitioning out. Yet, that fight is, paradoxically, maybe what keeps them going and why they are still alive at all.

Am I making any sense here?
movielover
Kind of like men in their 70s popping viagra like candy? Or 40-year-younger mail order brides?
movielover
Big C
concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

My parents divorced when I was 8, and remarried. So, I had 4 parents. My stepdad died at 93 and the other 3 are currently late 70's early 80s.

It's been really interesting to watch them go through the aging process of decline, and discussing it with my best friend who is in the same situation.

I see the mental decline, sure. Forgetfulness, not as quick. That's not the issue for me.
Because of that, though, they should be turnover aspects of their "realms" to their more capable children, in my opinion.

Like, my mom struggles to manage her financial bill paying processes, and it just causes her stress. If she could trust, she could live a much higher quality of life. She's got deferred maintenance at her place. I could easily fix. She's got a property she needs to sell. But she doesn't yield control not only because of the desire for "control" but because, I've decided, if she gave up striving to manage things then it's like giving up, quitting, might as well die.

Same observation with all 4 of them.

I've decided that I'm going to do differently when/as I age. I'm going to recognize that there are areas I should yield so as to focus on the better aspects of life.

Like, strive in healthier ways than just constantly clutching the power button.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm not being as concise as I could be.
It's this, these people (my parents, old politicians) try to hang on as their old selves in an effort to stay alive, stay relevant. It gives them meaning and purpose.
But perhaps a better model is that of the aging pro athlete who decides to hang 'em up and immediately pivots to his next career, as it broadcasting or becoming a family man or being a product pitch man - as opposed to simply not having a clue.

These people I speak of have been mentally unprepared for what their second (senior) career might be like.
They are in denial of aging and transitioning out. Yet, that fight is, paradoxically, maybe what keeps them going and why they are still alive at all.

Am I making any sense here?

Makes total sense. As we watch our parents grow old (past tense for me), hopefully, in the life they lead, they are teaching us their final lesson. (a role model can show us what to do. or what not to do)

What I would give to have my parents back for even a few hours... all the questions I never asked, plus they never got to meet their grandkids. I want to believe that they can see them now, but I just can't conjure up a faith that I don't have.
movielover
sycasey
Making fun of Fetterman's medical treatment worked out real great for Dr. Oz last year. Conservatives should keep it up.
movielover
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.