Breaking News

981,053 Views | 11776 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do we finally get an honest judge?

Florida District Court Judge Cannon Denies Special Counsel Motions to Seal President Trump "Evidence" from Public Review.

Further, she asks Smith to Justify out of district - biased DC - Grand Jury
MinotStateBeav
bearister
Like Clarence Thomas, she is just doing what she was bought and paid for. She is also a hack that doesn't know what she is doing on the bench.*

* Another Reason to Worry About the Judge in Trump's Documents Case | The New Republic

https://newrepublic.com/post/174859/another-reason-worry-judge-trumps-documents-case

"According to a Friday morning report from Reuters, Cannon has made a number of costly errors on the federal bench. This is not especially surprising given her overall lack of experience she was appointed to her current position after only 12 years as an attorney.

In a June trial, that lack of experience caused significant problems. While overseeing the trial of an Alabama man who had been accused of spreading images of child sex abuse online, Cannon closed jury selection to the public a violation of the defendant's Sixth Amendment right to a public trial. In the same case, Cannon also forgot to swear in the jury pool, a mistake that forced the judge to restart the jury selection process. The case ended with the defendant pleading guilty before it could go to trial."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Like Clarence Thomas, she is just doing what she was bought and paid for. She is also a hack that doesn't know what she is doing on the bench.*

* Another Reason to Worry About the Judge in Trump's Documents Case | The New Republic

https://newrepublic.com/post/174859/another-reason-worry-judge-trumps-documents-case

"According to a Friday morning report from Reuters, Cannon has made a number of costly errors on the federal bench. This is not especially surprising given her overall lack of experience she was appointed to her current position after only 12 years as an attorney.

In a June trial, that lack of experience caused significant problems. While overseeing the trial of an Alabama man who had been accused of spreading images of child sex abuse online, Cannon closed jury selection to the public a violation of the defendant's Sixth Amendment right to a public trial. In the same case, Cannon also forgot to swear in the jury pool, a mistake that forced the judge to restart the jury selection process. The case ended with the defendant pleading guilty before it could go to trial."
Some people are speculating that she's not that terrible a judge and that she's making basic errors on the hope that the 11th circuit will remove her from the case to spare her from having to oversee a case that Trump is guaranteed to lose lol.

I guess it could be both but it's probably that she's a terrible unqualified judge.

Which brings me to the real issue. The GOP loves to talk about the system being rigged against them when in reality the Democrats have done a much better job safeguarding the independence of the DOJ. There is virtually zero chance that Biden or his political people have meddled in the DOJ's ongoing investigations of Trump. Biden has made very few comments on the multiple indictments and investigations, far fewer than Trump. There is literally zero evidence to this point of any political interference by anyone in Biden's orbit. Virtually all of the complaints about the Hunter Biden prosecution are based on actions taken by the DOJ under Trump.

What is happening is that the GOP is pretending that the Dems have done so because the GOP (and Trump specifically) believe that when a GOP is POTUS he is the chief law enforcement officer of the land and can rule by fiat. They don't think that the DOJ should be independent under a GOP POTUS and all of their fake lamentations now is intended to set the table for them to completely politicize and weaponize the DOJ if they ever sniff the white house again. This is a pattern we've seen throughout history.

Here's Trump in 2020:
Quote:

But Trump said there would have been nothing wrong if he had stepped in. "I'm allowed to be totally involved. I'm actually, I guess, the chief law enforcement officer of the country. But I've chosen not to be involved," he told reporters on Tuesday.

That's essentially the same message Trump's lawyers sent special counsel Robert Mueller in January 2018, as they offered to provide written answers to Mueller's questions to the president about possible obstruction of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

"It remains our position that the President's actions here, by virtue of his position as the chief law enforcement officer, could neither constitutionally nor legally constitute obstruction because that would amount to him obstructing himself, and that he could, if he wished, terminate the inquiry, or even exercise his power to pardon if he so desired," Trump lawyer John Dowd wrote.

John Yoo, a University of California at Berkeley law school professor and Justice Department lawyer during President George W. Bush's administration, said the Constitution gives the president the power Trump claims.

So we can dispense with taking any of these GOP claims seriously. All they are doing is trying to set the table for their weaponization of the DOJ if they ever get another chance.
BearHunter

Democrats are good at stealing elections.
dimitrig
BearHunter said:

Not really. They have lost the two closest elections in recent history.

Cal88
dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

Agreed, it is only recently when the Democrat became the establishment party that they became good at stealing elections.

Before that, Rove and co. did the stealing, and they were also quite good at it.
AunBear89
So

Much

Projection
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

Agreed, it is only recently when the Democrat became the establishment party that they became good at stealing elections.

Before that, Rove and co. did the stealing, and they were also quite good at it.

Rove was credited as the mastermind behind Bush's first election victory. No one has yet come forward to claim credit for Biden's record breaking election "victory" after coming in 4th and 5th of his own party's first two primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire.
chazzed

Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

Rove was credited as the mastermind behind Bush's first election victory. No one has yet come forward to claim credit for Biden's record breaking election "victory" after coming in 4th and 5th of his own party's first two primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire.
I never realized that Iowa and New Hampshire were more important than the other 48 states.
movielover
Amazing how so many election computers went down on election night when President Trump was pasting the man who wouldn't campaign - Joe Biden.

They all magically happened to be swing states.

And they all swung massively, in the middle of the night, to give Biden a narrow victory in each state.
AunBear89
Evidence? Links? I need something substantial, not Catturd or Poso, or Charlie Kirk.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter

Jack Smith made a huge mistake in indicting Trump related to Jan. 6 incident because it gives him the power to subpoena people.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Jack Smith made a huge mistake in indicting Trump related to Jan. 6 incident because it gives him the power to subpoena people.
Heh. He posts a "statement" by Trump from Trump's vanity social media like it'll have some connection with facts and the truth.

As for Trump subpoena powers in the Jack Smith prosecution, yeah, that's how our judicial system works, Einstein. I haven't read anything saying that Trump's lawyers have taken depositions from anyone so far. However, the people he subpoenas will have to have some relevance to his case and not be there for political grandstanding purposes. He won't be able to call Hunter Biden to the witness stand, to name one example.
BearHunter
The J6 Committee is pulling a Hillary and destroying documents!

These documents might have exonerated the protesters and the president as well as evidence that implicated Speaker Pelosi and the FBI/DOJ in criminal activity.
Big C
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

Heh. He posts a "statement" by Trump from Trump's vanity social media like it'll have some connection with facts and the truth.

As for Trump subpoena powers in the Jack Smith prosecution, yeah, that's how our judicial system works, Einstein. I haven't read anything saying that Trump's lawyers have taken depositions from anyone so far. However, the people he subpoenas will have to have some relevance to his case and not be there for political grandstanding purposes. He won't be able to call Hunter Biden to the witness stand, to name one example.

Wait, BearHunter is actually Einstein?!?

I guess you know him personally, but you probably weren't supposed to let that slip out! Also, isn't Einstein supposed to be really, really smart? I guess just in quantum physics or whatever...
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

BearHunter said:

Wait, BearHunter is actually Einstein?!?

I guess you know him personally, but you probably weren't supposed to let that slip out! Also, isn't Einstein supposed to be really, really smart? I guess just in quantum physics or whatever...
I was just suggesting that BearHunter has the mental acuity and sharpness of a 144 year old man.
bearister
Total devastation of Maui wildfires laid bare: Lahaina is in ruins

https://mol.im/a/12390861
sonofabear51
Wow. Very very sad.
Start Slowly and taper off
movielover
BearHunter said:

The J6 Committee is pulling a Hillary and destroying documents!

These documents might have exonerated the protesters and the president as well as evidence that implicated Speaker Pelosi and the FBI/DOJ in criminal activity.

Just like they hid thousands of hours of J6 video, which is all Brady material.

Banana Republic.
bearister
Paradise lost: Before and after images reveal Hawaii fire devastation

https://mol.im/a/12392799
BearHunter
bearister said:

Paradise lost: Before and after images reveal Hawaii fire devastation

It's the worst natural disaster that never directly hit the islands.
movielover
I wonder how often they cut fire trails and do controlled burns.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

I wonder how often they cut fire trails and do controlled burns.
Is that something they do before or after the citizen volunteers go up and down the verdant and lush 30 degree slopes with rakes?
bearister
Jed "Jeddy Eyebrows" York following in the footsteps Riverboat Eddie.

49ers CEO Jed York accused of insider trading and covering up a college exam cheating scandal

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-ceo-jed-york-accused-of-insider-trading-and-covering-up-a-college-exam-cheating-scandal-141824754.html
movielover
BearHunter
Bill Barr said he will investigate but he squashed investigations. Mike Pence said he will look into voter fraud but obviously he was just paying lip service and his political career is now over. Meanwhile, Bill Barr is a swamp creature and will be in DC forever.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Bill Barr said he will investigate but he squashed investigations. Mike Pence said he will look into voter fraud but obviously he was just paying lip service and his political career is now over. Meanwhile, Bill Barr is a swamp creature and will be in DC forever.
If Trump did such a dismal job selecting cabinet members to implement his policies in his first administration, what makes you think he'll do better next time?
BearHunter

BearHunter said:

If Trump did such a dismal job selecting cabinet members to implement his policies in his first administration, what makes you think he'll do better next time?
This is inconsistent with your previous statement that Trump is Hitler, in which case, he would have had them executed.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

This is inconsistent with your previous statement that Trump is Hitler, in which case, he would have had them executed.
Please point out where I said Trump is Hitler. It's news to me.
movielover
dimitrig
movielover said:

Those migrants contribute more to this country than most of the red state hillbillies receiving public assistance.

oski003
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Those migrants contribute more to this country than most of the red state hillbillies receiving public assistance.

If the hillbillies weren't already citizens, I wouldn't let them in.
BearHunter
dimitrig said:

They just arrived or should I say, sneaked in illegally, and your taxes are already going to shelter and feed them.
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.