Breaking News

979,905 Views | 11774 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who did he p-ss off?

CNN: Sen. Bob Menendez and wife indicted on bribery charges; DOJ seizes gold bars and $500,000

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/22/politics/bob-menendez-charges/index.html
dimitrig
movielover said:

Dr. Jordan Peterson was commenting on Trump's high intelligence (IQ). He noted how few people reach the pinnacle of a profession, and President Trump did that in one of the toughest places - New York real estate. Then he did it again in a completely different field - television. Then he did it a 3rd time, first candidate to win the WH as an Outsider.

Dr. Peterson also commented on Trump's ability to endure unbelievable amounts of stress, really remarkable. And he had the Democrat FBI / DOJ after him, fabricating a dossier, fraudulent FISA warrants and CIA honeypots trying to dirty up low level aides. All supported by the MSM and hi tech censorship.

I am not talking about his IQ but his personality. It's not an act.

As for his successes, you can't talk about them without also mentioning his failures.

"Based on Internal Revenue Service transcripts of Trump's tax returns from 1985 to 1994, the Times report said that Trump's core businesses racked up losses of more than a billion dollars in a ten-year period. During 1990 and 1991, the story said, Trump's losses were so large that they "were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years."

[…]

"In May, 2019, this is all distant history, of course. But don't let anyone tell you - not Trump, nor Newt Gingrich, nor any of the President's other apologists - that the businesses Trump operated were successful, or that the huge losses they sustained were simply tax dodges. They weren't."

Link:
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/donald-trumps-business-failures-were-very-real

movielover
Yes, he took a bath in New Jersey, as did many.

The Clinton's only had Blackwater, and Michelle Obama had her no-work $200K grift at a Chicago hospital.
tequila4kapp
sycasey said:

movielover said:

It's interesting that those with TDS still obsess over him, partly bc Biden is the embodiment of Weekend at Bernies.
As soon as Trump drops out of the Presidenial race, I'll stop thinking about him.
Not directed specifically at you...

People with TDS will never stop. Their hatred of him is their religion.
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

Dr. Jordan Peterson was commenting on Trump's high intelligence (IQ). He noted how few people reach the pinnacle of a profession, and President Trump did that in one of the toughest places - New York real estate. Then he did it again in a completely different field - television. Then he did it a 3rd time, first candidate to win the WH as an Outsider.

Dr. Peterson also commented on Trump's ability to endure unbelievable amounts of stress, really remarkable. And he had the Democrat FBI / DOJ after him, fabricating a dossier, fraudulent FISA warrants and CIA honeypots trying to dirty up low level aides. All supported by the MSM and hi tech censorship.
I commented in another thread about the lack of correlation between intelligence and wealth. I repeat that sentiment here. Graduating from Wharton...now maybe tells us something about his intelligence.
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

From the tRump University seminar on perfecting the art of creative rebuttal.

Actually, in a presidential debate, this was quite a creative and new form of debate. Can you remember any candidate taking this approach?

No, but most of us perfected it in the playground by 10 or 11 years old, you know, the age where tRump's intellectual and emotional development hit an impenetrable wall.

https://www.the-independent.com/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-uses-language-typical-of-children-under-11-a6936256.html

Yes. And yet it worked. He's really an evil genius realizing that on the whole our country is getting dumber.

It's not a strategy where he is acting a certain way to gain popularity. It's just how he is and dumb people lap it up.

I know that. I don't use the sarcasm emoji/icon/symbol.
BearHunter
82gradDLSdad said:

Yes. And yet it worked. He's really an evil genius realizing that on the whole our country is getting dumber.
Half the country is experiencing increasing levels of cognitive dissonance as they are slowly realizing they're being lied to by the government and media.
BearHunter
movielover said:

It's interesting that those with TDS still obsess over him, partly bc Biden is the embodiment of Weekend at Bernies.
"Is it any concern that [Biden] would fully re-tell a story in the same space, same event?"

KARINE JEAN-PIERRE: "The president was speaking at a fundraiser and he was speaking from his heart"
dimitrig
BearHunter said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Half the country is experiencing increasing levels of cognitive dissonance as they are slowly realizing they're being lied to by the government and media.

Yes, the half of the country that lapped it up when it was about Vietnam or 9/11. Those people are a little slow on the uptake. They aren't suddenly into something. The other half of the country has known this for decades now.

BearHunter
movielover said:

Instead of securing the border, President Joe Biden is planning on handing out photo ID cards to illegal immigrants before releasing them into the United States.

According to leaked images obtained by Fox News, the Biden administration will be handing out an ID card similar to a drivers license.

The program will also allow illegals the ability to access immigration documents through a portal. One former ICE official said the purpose of the program is to normalize illegal immigration.
BearHunter
dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yes, the half of the country that lapped it up when it was about Vietnam or 9/11. Those people are a little slow on the uptake. They aren't suddenly into something. The other half of the country has known this for decades now.
Are you referring to the subsequent war on terror after 9/11 or the events of 9/11 themselves?
BearHunter

While Democrat Senator Bob Menendez was slandering Trump in 2019 for being a "Russian agent", he himself was working on behalf of Egypt's government.

They are always doing what they accuse others of. And what the Biden crime family did was worse.
sycasey
Dems should cut Menendez loose. You can get a much better candidate out of New Jersey.
bearister
"They are always doing what they accuse others of. And what the Biden crime family did was worse."

* Tony Schwartz , who wrote The Art of the Deal, has been using the term tRump Crime Family for years. tRump admired it and added it to his "No puppet, you're the puppet" rebuttal playbook.

Michael Cohen said years back that tRump always engages in conduct he accuses others of, but worse. Another phrase admired and co opted.

It is laughable that tRump and his supporters are incapable of original thought and can't craft their own material.

With regard to Menendez, let a jury convict him and send him to jail. Same with Hunter Biden. Same with Joe if he actually committed a crime, I doubt, however, that any charges against him would survive the Preliminary Hearing stage.

Are tRumpists willing to let juries decide tRump's fate in all his cases that proceed to trial?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Dems should cut Menendez loose. You can get a much better candidate out of New Jersey.

He was indicted a decade ago in another scandal. We are well past the point where he should have been cut loose.

He should get 20+ in prison

I am confident that unlike the GOP with their criminals, not a single democrat will defend this behavior. There won't be "free bob menendez" t shirts. There won't be rallies. No one will go on TV saying that he was framed by the deep state.
BearHunter
bearister said:

"They are always doing what they accuse others of. And what the Biden crime family did was worse."

* Tony Schwartz , who wrote The Art of the Deal, has been using the term tRump Crime Family for years. tRump admired it and added it to his "No puppet, you're the puppet" rebuttal playbook.

Michael Cohen said years back that tRump always engages in conduct he accuses others of, but worse. Another phrase admired and co opted.

Joe Biden is a compromised Russian asset. CIA knows. Obama knows. Trump knows.
bearister
Unit2Sucks said:

I am confident that unlike the GOP with their criminals, not a single democrat will defend this behavior. There won't be "free bob menendez" t shirts. There won't be rallies. No one will go on TV saying that he was framed by the deep state.

You can't hold Republicans to our standards because they wouldn't have anyone to vote for…..oh, I forgot, they can still vote for people in prison.
BearHunter
Senator Bob Menendez needed to set up shell companies like the Biden crime family that would take years to unravel.
movielover
bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You can't hold Republicans to our standards because they wouldn't have anyone to vote for…..oh, I forgot, they can still vote for people in prison.

More ideological tripe. Both sides are feeding at the trough. This is what frightened the Establishment about President Trump. Resetting trade deals to benefit America, not the Senate members. No new wars. The threat to cut 10% of the Federal workforce. Upsetting the Texas (Bush?) Oil Mafia? Ousting Hillary and Jeb Bush.
bearister
False equivalent. Let's compare convictions. Every Republican launched Senate or Congressional investigation ends up being a Winchester Mystery House staircase to nowhere needlessly costing the taxpayers millions.

" President Trump. Resetting trade deals to benefit America, not the Senate members. No new wars."

Sure. Read the Milley piece in The Atlantic. The Joint Chiefs had the military standing down without express permission from them to carry out any Koko the Monkey order….and every "deal" had a tRump Crime Family "build in." tRump takes no step that doesn't personally benefit him.

Haloski
movielover said:

bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

More ideological tripe. Both sides are feeding at the trough. This is what frightened the Establishment about President Trump. Resetting trade deals to benefit America, not the Senate members. No new wars. The threat to cut 10% of the Federal workforce. Upsetting the Texas (Bush?) Oil Mafia? Ousting Hillary and Jeb Bush.

You have to be absolutely stupid to think Trump wasn't feeding at the trough. He was just feeding at a slightly different trough. You're operating out of the exact same template as somebody that thinks only Trump is grifting, there's just slightly different information penciled in. You are delusional if you think Trump isn't like the rest of them in spirit.
MinotStateBeav
He lost money while he was president..that's a known fact.
BearHunter
Haloski said:

You have to be absolutely stupid to think Trump wasn't feeding at the trough. He was just feeding at a slightly different trough. You're operating out of the exact same template as somebody that thinks only Trump is grifting, there's just slightly different information penciled in. You are delusional if you think Trump isn't like the rest of them in spirit.

But you have no evidence for this so you rode the Russian collusion hoax for 4 years.
bearister
Refresh my recollection again, what was the subject matter of the 102 meetings between tRump surrogates and Russians (some in the intelligence community) in the run up to the 2016 Election?

" "I don't think there's any question that Russians intruded into hacked into the systems, they released information," Durham said. "And that was helpful to the Trump campaign, right?" Schiff asked. After trying to deflect the question, Durham agreed the Russians had been helpful to the Trump campaign."

https://news.yahoo.com/adam-schiff-gets-john-durham-204247109.html

" Myth: Mueller found "no collusion."

Response: Mueller spent almost 200 pages describing "numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign." He found that "a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton." He also found that "a Russian intelligence service conducted computer-intrusion operations" against the Clinton campaign and then released stolen documents.

While Mueller was unable to establish a conspiracy between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians involved in this activity, he made it clear that "[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." In fact, Mueller also wrote that the "investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."

…. Mueller found other contacts with Russia, such as the sharing of polling data about Midwestern states where Trump later won upset victories, conversations with the Russian ambassador to influence Russia's response to sanctions imposed by the U.S. government in response to election interference, and communications with Wikileaks after it had received emails stolen by Russia. While none of these acts amounted to the crime of conspiracy, all could be described as "collusion."

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/
movielover
BearHunter said:

Senator Bob Menendez needed to set up shell companies like the Biden crime family that would take years to unravel.

Who's ox did he gore?

The Senate Foreign Affairs Committee is based on the participants - selling U.S. policy and influence for their personal financial gains.

The multinational corporations position their investment assets in various countries based on the expectation of U.S. foreign policy to support said investments. It is inside this network of long-established relationships that all of the various quid-pro-quos originate.

The Senate chamber as an institution is where most of the generational level corruption emanates; when the 17th Amendment was created, this was the function and purpose for the constitutional change as organized by banking interests.
oski003
bearister said:

Refresh my recollection again, what was the subject matter of the 102 meetings between tRump surrogates and Russians (some in the intelligence community) in the run up to the 2016 Election?

" "I don't think there's any question that Russians intruded into hacked into the systems, they released information," Durham said. "And that was helpful to the Trump campaign, right?" Schiff asked. After trying to deflect the question, Durham agreed the Russians had been helpful to the Trump campaign."

https://news.yahoo.com/adam-schiff-gets-john-durham-204247109.html

" Myth: Mueller found "no collusion."

Response: Mueller spent almost 200 pages describing "numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign." He found that "a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton." He also found that "a Russian intelligence service conducted computer-intrusion operations" against the Clinton campaign and then released stolen documents.

While Mueller was unable to establish a conspiracy between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians involved in this activity, he made it clear that "[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." In fact, Mueller also wrote that the "investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."

…. Mueller found other contacts with Russia, such as the sharing of polling data about Midwestern states where Trump later won upset victories, conversations with the Russian ambassador to influence Russia's response to sanctions imposed by the U.S. government in response to election interference, and communications with Wikileaks after it had received emails stolen by Russia. While none of these acts amounted to the crime of conspiracy, all could be described as "collusion."

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/

There weren't 102 meetings. Next...
bearister
oski003 said:

My bad. Make that 140.

Mueller Report Shows Depth of Connections Between Trump Campaign and Russians - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/26/us/politics/trump-contacts-russians-wikileaks.html

bearister
Federal judge again strikes down California law banning large gun magazines

https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/09/22/federal-judge-again-strikes-down-california-law-banning-gun-magazines-of-more-than-10-rounds/

Thank God this weapon of choice in Oakland is still cool:

oski003
bearister said:

oski003 said:

My bad. Make that 140.

Mueller Report Shows Depth of Connections Between Trump Campaign and Russians - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/26/us/politics/trump-contacts-russians-wikileaks.html

There weren't 140 meetings.
bearister
I think I understand the nature of this exchange now. My turn:

tRump is not really a man, but Melania is.
movielover
bearister said:

I think I understand the nature of this exchange now. My turn:

tRump is not really a man, but Melania is.

You're trying to spin off the Big Mike fantasy (Michelle Obama is actually a man), which is also stupid and juvenile.
movielover
movielover
BearHunter
Also in Texas, in 58-2 vote, the Republican Party of Texas has approved a resolution calling on Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan to resign. Paxton accused Phelan of presiding over the House while drunk.
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

People with TDS will never stop. Their hatred of him is their religion.
You might want to check the definition of the word religion.

And would you say the same of people who wanted to stop Hitler, or Stalin, or Manson, or Capone?...basically stop anyone who has assimilated power through corruption? It's called working to eliminate their power and bring them to justice. The obsession is with cleaning up the country, protecting democracy, and meeting the promise of our Constitution, not an obsession with Trump the way you mean it (irrational).

It's entirely rational and moral to be committed, not obsessed, with eliminating Trump from the US political system because of the harm he has and will create. Get it? Good. Now you can stop repeating that stupid meme-level quip.
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.