Breaking News

979,062 Views | 11767 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Bunk/Antoine Batiste/James Greer!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
This story has fascinated me since the day The Animal ate a shotgun blast at 26th and Moraga in the Sunset in February, 1976.

Joseph 'Animal' Barboza - first person to enter witness protection

https://mol.im/a/12698139

….and I think he was the inspiration for hitman Willie Cicci in Godfather II.

movielover
SFCityBear
movielover said:

Andy does great work, and risks his life doing it. I remember watching a video from a BLM protest in Portland where Antifa thugs beat the crap out of him.
SFCityBear
movielover
He had to flee America because the Democrat shock troops (Antifa) were after him. A real journalist.
SFCityBear
movielover said:

He had to flee America because the Democrat shock troops (Antifa) were after him. A real journalist.
Why do you think the Democratic Party still needs violent groups like these to carry out their wishes?

They have a long history of using these groups of extremists to do their bidding. The KKK is the most famous, but the White League in Louisiana and the Red Shirts in Alabama and in the Carolinas did plenty of violence against persons and property as well. The Tuskegee Institute, no right wing institution of higher learning, has recorded over 11,000 lynchings of blacks and about 1,200 lynchings of white Republicans. You can look that up, and it is there in black and white. No pun intended. I believe Tuskegee's numbers are probably greatly understated.
SFCityBear
10% For The Big Guy
In a shocking move, the ACLU has decided to care about the government abusing civil liberties again.

What is Section 702? Congress is debating the controversial surveillance power
movielover
The radical Left is anti Caucasian.

movielover
Big C

I feel like this page of the Breaking News thread is taking a rather racist turn. Why don't some of you clowns piss off.
AunBear89
Big C said:

I feel like this page of the Breaking News thread is taking a rather racist turn. Why don't you clowns piss off.

Conservatives gonna racist.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
MinotStateBeav
This is why you don't record every dumb thought you have on tiktok.

SFCityBear
AunBear89 said:

Big C said:

I feel like this page of the Breaking News thread is taking a rather racist turn. Why don't you clowns piss off.

Conservatives gonna racist.
They are just trying to modernize, and catch up with the other side.
SFCityBear
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

Unless you liberally use the ignore feature, the OT board has been trending in this direction for years.

Asking deplorables to be better will never work. They revel in the engagement because there are precious few real life opportunities to share their hate-filled rants. Reacting to their virulence makes them feel heard.

That's why people like Richard Hanania posted disgusting views in fringe group social media under pseudonyms and why he no longer has to (because his disgusting views are now encouraged on Twitter). If you let people speak their mind without enforcing any term of service or content moderation, the hate speech will begin to overwhelm everything else.

That's the new BI OT board. Apparently as long as you don't name call, you can do and say whatever you want, although it's not clear to me that name calling matters either at this point. Maybe the failure of Cal sports as an institution has rendered BI no longer worth managing.
dajo9
Big C said:

Fond memories of being banned* for a week because I said Trump was racist

* prior management
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bearister
I got banned for a couple of weeks for bashing tRump after the 1st debate with HRC, and then threatened in a PM that once the ban was lifted, I would be banned for life if I posted a comment explaining why I was banned.

Naturally, during this period the Mods posted comments assuring the BI community that they were politically neutral.

I got banned for life by the Daily Mail for criticizing tRump, but a couple of months ago the DM started experimenting with a new software for comment posting with many of its stories and the software engineers did not program into that software the names of those banned so I am back in action with regard to those articles using the new comment format. I note that no story about the Royals uses the new format. If they did I would be banned for life for bashing slack jawed simple Prince Billy.
movielover

chazzed
Seems like a slam dunk. I can't wait for the evidence to come out.
Eastern Oregon Bear
chazzed said:

Sounds like a slam dunk. I can't wait for the evidence to come out.

I'm wondering how they determined that Republican votes were being flipped before the polls closed. I'm also wondering how long it will take 10% to call me stupid rather than make an intelligent response.
dajo9
chazzed said:

Seems like a slam dunk. I can't wait for the evidence to come out.

That's how you know it's another bad night for Republicans. They are already crying and whinging away.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
bearister
movielover said:

James Woods allegedly has an IQ of 180 (…and he'd be the first to tell you). I'm glad to see that being a brainiac is no deterrent to shoveling shyte to The Deplorables. If Mr. Woods had his way, he would have his jackboot on your head grinding your face into the cobblestones unless you agreed to conduct your life pursuant to his world view.

Fact Check-Graphic does not show 'New World Order' UN goals | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-un-goals-idUSL1N36V2JW
dimitrig
bearister said:

movielover said:

James Woods allegedly has an IQ of 180 (…and he'd be the first to tell you). I'm glad to see that being a brainiac is no deterrent to shoveling shyte to The Deplorables. If Mr. Woods had his way, he would have his jackboot on your head grinding your face into the cobblestones unless you agreed to conduct your life pursuant to his world view.

James Woods is a kook.

concordtom
bearister said:

I got banned for a couple of weeks for bashing tRump after the 1st debate with HRC, and then threatened in a PM that once the ban was lifted, I would be banned for life if I posted a comment explaining why I was banned.

Naturally, during this period the Mods posted comments assuring the BI community that they were politically neutral.

I got banned for life by the Daily Mail for criticizing tRump, but a couple of months ago the DM started experimenting with a new software for comment posting with many of its stories and the software engineers did not program into that software the names of those banned so I am back in action with regard to those articles using the new comment format. I note that no story about the Royals uses the new format. If they did I would be banned for life for bashing slack jawed simple Prince Billy.

New mod was installed.
Whoever was doing it back then was a Foxnews indoctrination subject.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

Fond memories of being banned* for a week because I said Trump was racist

* prior management

I got banned for posting graphic images of past authoritarians (Mussolini, saddam, khadaffi) who were captured and brutally killed by their populace and suggesting that Trump was similar to these dictators and that if he kept going he was going to end up having the same happen to him!

He then staged a violent insurrection at the Capitol which the secret service physically stopped him from attending. Had he succeeded that day, he would be one step closer to the type of retaliatory attack on himself the likes of which I was predicting.

My ban accompanied private messages from Wife excoriating me for making such a post, which was then deleted along with my ban.
Some users have more power than others. Sigh.
My sister-in-law calls it The Golden Rule. He who has the Gold makes the Rules.

I love BearGreg's new moderation! So much better than before. Thank you, Greg.
I am also pleased to know that Trump has escaped violence and is instead facing American Justice in the courts. It's painfully slow and there there is no guarantee of successful Justice being executed. But it's better than having ride ride on high at the Capitol and take the country by force, which would then of course have been returned in kind. Perhaps like Jefferson Davis.

Actually, JD and the rest of the southern traitors got off easy.

bearister
dimitrig said:

James Woods is a kook.

Amber Tamblyn has a different term for him.
Big C
dimitrig said:

bearister said:

movielover said:

James Woods is a kook.

I wonder if RFK Jr has thought about a running mate yet.
bearister
At least I don't think RFKJr is evil. He is a kook…but our nation would be safer in his hands than in the Ken doll hands of tRump and his gang of mentally defective demagogues.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

At least I don't think RFKJr is evil. He is a kook…but our nation would be safer in his hands than in the Ken doll hands of tRump and his gang of mentally defective demagogues.
This is probably true but lord help us if there is a measles outbreak.
movielover
President Trump

- 5 historic Mideast Peace deals
- NATO strengthened
- Iran boxed in, isolated
- secure border
- zero terrorist attacks domestically
- energy independent

President Biden (Mumbles)

- Proxy war w Russia
- 500K Uranian KIA / amputees
- NATO decimated
- Iran receives tens of Billions from Biden
- Which funds Hamas, Hezbollah & Co
- Iran-funded Hamas attacks Israel, 1500 killed, weeks after Biden releases Billions to Iran (Qatar)
- 8-10 Million new illegal immigrants
- FBI Director Wray sounds the warning flag for terrorist attacks here
- American ammunitions depleted
- energy prices jump

Delusional much?

Big C

Breaking news: There are some Bear Insider posts that are so preposterous that to even respond to them would be folly.
smh
Big C said:

Breaking news: There are some Bear Insider posts that are so preposterous that to even respond to them would be folly.
some?
prospeCt
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/94675.An_Actor_Prepares

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-09/hollywood-studios-actors-tentatively-agree-to-new-contract?srnd=premium
Big C
smh said:

Big C said:

some?

Okay, you win: " ...some of my... "
10% For The Big Guy
Job opening in West Virginia. Joe Manchin will not be seeking re-election in 2024, meaning that the position of "rotating villain who keeps the DemoKKKrats from ever accomplishing any of their pretend goals" will be open soon.

Also likely means one less Democratic Senator, so get ready for more radical religious clerics on the Supreme Court.

First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.