Border Wall Shutdown

27,993 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by dajo9
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Air traffic controllers not showing up for work...major issue at East Coast airports. Sounds like ti's time for...

Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus
Oski003 and Cal88, serious question: now approaching day 35, would you like the president to keep holding the line here and continue his shutdown? And no, I don't have kids so never had the opportunity to beat them.
blungld
concordtom said:

bearister said:

With regard to the tRump Shutdown, Lara Trump characterized workers as going through "a little bit of pain." But she said the pain is "for the future of our country and their children and their grandchildren." She insisted that "generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now." She went on to recount the pain she herself had to endure after a monthly distribution check from tRump University was late arriving and she had to cancel her pedicure, massage, body parts bleaching and empathy class appointments.

She's bold.
Were I questioning her, I would have followed up with a question along the lines of:

"So, since you are so committed to this plan of sacrifice for the greater good, would you be willing to also put your money where your mouth is? That is, how much are YOU going to contribute to the fund to support this collective effort?"

She could donate money either directly to the wall construction fund or to the unpaid workers fund.
When Trump and family assets are confiscated and they are taken to jail it should be said to them: "Don't worry, it's just a little pain for the greater good of the country. Thanks for your sacrifice."

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
oski003
Other immigration loopholes can be filled in place of a wall. Babies born on U.S. soil should not automatically be citizens. Those seeking asylum should do so at embassies, not inside of the U.S.

The question is, "what do you do with someone who is illegally in your country?"

Before Trump, I don't believe most of America know that those entering the U.S. illegally were set free inside of our borders. Current immigration law is broken. Building a wall simplifies the issue. It also is a stance saying, "we are going to enforce our border."

Democrats can end the shutdown by funding and authorizing the wall. If not the wall, perhaps they can ask what a reasonable alternative would be that prevents illegal immigrants from being inside the United States.
B.A. Bearacus
blungld
oski003 said:

Other immigration loopholes can be filled in place of a wall. Babies born on U.S. soil should not automatically be citizens. Those seeking asylum should do so at embassies, not inside of the U.S.

The question is, "what do you do with someone who is illegally in your country?"

Before Trump, I don't believe most of America know that those entering the U.S. illegally were set free inside of our borders. Current immigration law is broken. Building a wall simplifies the issue. It also is a stance saying, "we are going to enforce our border."

Democrats can end the shutdown by funding and authorizing the wall. If not the wall, perhaps they can ask what a reasonable alternative would be that prevents illegal immigrants from being inside the United States.
I didn't end the baseball game, you did. I will happily give you back your ball if you let me pitch. It's you that's stopping the game. All you have to do is say yes I can pitch. This is your fault. Why is it so hard for you to say yes? Look how reasonable I am being.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Can anyone confirm his math?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Very sorry to those who supported shutting down the government. Funding will be extended for three weeks without funding for his wall.

Though...
B.A. Bearacus
Medically obese man at the podium right now.

B.A. Bearacus
Please give the president water right now -- preferably with ground up Adderall. He is very dry-mouthed and slurry right now.

sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

Very sorry to those who supported shutting down the government. Funding will be extended for three weeks without funding for his wall.

Though...

blungld
Trump's speech: "Just because I totally caved doesn't mean that I don't still hate brown people and you should still be scared. While we may not actually ever have the wall I promised and as paid for by Mexico, I want you all to pretend like we do and that I won."

going4roses
how about some water from Flint ?
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
oski003 said:

Democrats can end the shutdown by funding and authorizing the wall.
Only an hour later, and this post already aged poorly.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

How so?
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Air traffic controllers not showing up for work...major issue at East Coast airports. Sounds like ti's time for...

The exact same group who got Mussolini!!!
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

I'm not a mathematician, but I will give it a try.

0 + 0 = 0

89 + 1 = 90

Seems to check out.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

Close...Young Frankenstein.
concordtom
bearister said:

It's actually surprising dead bodies haven't come into play yet.
We know that the Russians do it, and we know that trump never backs down, and that he has mob-like tendencies...
Another Bear
Well Dotard caved...

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister
Someone said that we started out talking about a Wall but we ended up with a Big Cave.

dajo9
OMG today has been fun. Nancy "The Wall" Pelosi wins again.

Tonight is my annual dinner with a bunch of wealthy, mostly Trump-loving, folks and my wife has made me promise not to talk politics. She's right, of course. Last year they were giddy. This year I expect the political silence to be deafening.
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

Quick! There's a national emergency that can't go another day without thousands being murdered and drugs being forced down the throats of school children and brown gang members raping your wives...we need to sit on our ass for 35 days, hold the country hostage though we didn't do anything for two years before this, and then try and get a multi-year building project started RIGHT AWAY! Emergency!!!!

concordtom
oski003 said:

Republicans have wanted for a long time to give No Quarter to anyone who has anything to do with south of the border origins. It's a racists thing, in my opinion, but never mind that.

There are many questions at play here:

1) if someone is here illegally, is it proper to just dump them in TJ? Even if they are from many countries south of there?

2) if a baby is born here to illegal parents, is it a citizen? Currently constitution says YES, now you are saying NO.

3) what about that Naturalization clause... if you are here for 7 (?) years you automatically earn citizenship. Why is that in my head? And yet, people are hear for decades and it doesn't happen. Why not?

4) add kids to that above. Dreamers. They were raised here and this is their culture and country. Yet republicans want to drop them off in TJ? That's just messed up!

5) more people are coming to US from India and China than Mexico, yet this is not in the public/political dialogue.

6) actually securing the border: there are many aspects that need to be addressed, but Republicans are only discussing ONE thing, a "wall".

7) people and drugs come thru airports, roadways, and shipping containers. Not being discussed.

8) we do not use exit-the-country tracking at airports because of the shared use of national and international terminals for exiting flights at airports. We stamp passports coming in, not going out. Discussed in a recent blog I heard. We should change that to address the Visa overstay issue, which is bigger than southern border crossings.

8)
Wall can be climbed.
Wall can be dug under.
Slats can have drugs passed thru.
Wall alone does nothing to stop people who overcome such a barrier. Only agents do.
Are we going to man agents over 2000 miles of the border?
Wall blocks large animal migrations.
Wall/Fence can't be built in river.
Fence requires taking of land from owners, tribes.
Fence recessed from river traps some people between fence and river but still in USA. Not right.
What type of technology can be employed other than steel and/or cement - Republicans have not been addressing.

Republicans have allowed Trump to be the lead and sole negotiator, but all he knows is a simplistic concept of Me Win, You Lose. They have collectively not handled this discussion thoroughly (at all) and that's why Democrats oppose the, at face value.

If GOP wants to discuss "border security", there are many things to address. If they want to just discuss a "wall", there's nothing to discuss.

concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

If GOP pulls the national emergency, Dems will win both houses and the presidency, and then change laws drastically in their favor and then write new laws making it impossible,for the presidency to declare such a thing again.

Trump is setting us up for future troubles, but what does HE care? Just like with the National Debt, he'll be gone!
concordtom
dajo9 said:

Tonight is my annual dinner with a bunch of wealthy, mostly Trump-loving, folks and my wife has made me promise not to talk politics. She's right, of course. Last year they were giddy. This year I expect the political silence to be deafening.
Do please report back in an obvious post, not hidden. Start a thread on it.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

How so?

Shutdown is over and Democrats did none of what you said.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

Close...Young Frankenstein.
Trump is more like Old Frankenstein at this point!
Another Bear
Yup...he's a monster. Stupid but scary.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Medically obese insane man at the podium right now.
FIFY.
bearister
dajo9 said:

The fun extends into this evening because Ann Coulter is on Maher. Coulter will call tRump a Major P@$$y, which will cause a certain part of tRump's anatomy to retract into his ample body cavity.
Another Bear
Anyone think the Trump Cave was to help cover up the Stone arrest? Stone has been Trump's guy for a long time. Caving sure got the press off Stone, but that won't last.

The question is who's next for Mueller, many think it's Bannon or Assange, the WikiLeaks idiot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.