The return of the brown shirts?

16,553 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1086553818966310913

Next time they will shout,
"Where's your yellow star?"
okaydo
No, the Native American harassed the kid. The kid was trying to be respectful and now the liberal media has doxxed him and his school.

At least that's what I read on The Gateway Pundit.
Blueblood
okaydo said:

No, the Native American harassed the kid. The kid was trying to be respectful and now the liberal media has doxxed him and his school.

Dude, you'd better be pulling my leg....or you'd better go to an optometrist for an eye check up......but then again if Hannity uses The Gateway as a source like you, then I guess you've made my point!
B.A. Bearacus
BB, do you have a concept of Okaydo? He's been on BI for at least a few months.
bearister
Love the kid in the ND hat. I would expect nothing less from anyone that promotes that POS institution.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Blueblood
B.A. Bearacus said:

BB, do you have a concept of Okaydo? He's been on BI for at least a few months.
He appears to be a passive-aggressive, chain-pulling cyber-kook.
B.A. Bearacus
kelly09
bearister said:

Love the kid in the ND hat. I would expect nothing less from anyone that promotes that POS institution.
Ah Bearsiter, as a practicing RC. let me say that you are the POS!
B.A. Bearacus
Have a feeling the smug a-hole who was in the Native American elder's face will have severely limited career options as a result of this video. SCOTUS justice at best.
bearister
kelly09 said:

bearister said:

All four of my grandparents immigrated from Ireland and I still attend Mass. It is Right Wing Catholicism that enabled the child rape crisis. Your lot is no better than the Evangelicals. ND is Right Wing Catholicism at its finest. Let me guess, you think Jesuits are demons, with their social justice and all.
Anarchistbear
Am I the only one that sees a future Supreme Court Justice here?
kelly09
bearister said:

kelly09 said:

bearister said:

Al 4 of my grandparents immigrated from Ireland and I still attend Mass. It is Right Wing Catholicism that enabled the child rape crisis. Your lot is no better than the Evangelicals. ND is Right Wing Catholicism at its finest. Let me guess, you think Jesuits are demons, with their social justice and all.
ND is not a bit right wing. Their president, John Jenkins is despised by right wingers. And yes, a Supreme Court justice is coming. So what? Also the rape protecting bishops all lean left. As does this Pope.
B.A. Bearacus
Here's a younger and similarly hot-tempered RC gangster Kelly09 upset about someone using their freedom of expression to convey disgust about the Church's complicity in child abuse:

https://view.yahoo.com/show/saturday-night-live/clip/40036112/joe-pesci-monologue
Anarchistbear
I agree Catholics are no less polarized than anyone else- by geography, ethnicity and class. A Latina in LA has little in common with a Polish steel worker in Pennsylvania other than religion
bearister
kelly09 said:

...Also the rape protecting bishops all lean left. As does this Pope.

The research will not substantiate your claims. Cardinal Bernard Law, the poster boy for the Church's cover up of clergy child rape in the United States, was a stalwart of the conservative wing of the American Catholic church,and his brethren controlled the Church for the last 50 years prior to Pope Francis. Ironically, one of the weapons the Conservatives are using to try to discredit the Pope in order to regain control is the very child abuse crisis they gave birth to. How is that for hypocrisy? I'm afraid the fact Notre Dame is a bastion of Conservative Catholicism isn't even debatable.
Another Bear
The local diocese issued a formal apology and said the appropriate action, including expulsion, will happen.

Here's the thing...if those kids were chanting build the wall...man they just stupid AF. Seriously chanting that to Native Americans is the height of ignorance and stupidity. Ah...but these are good Catholic kids...from Ken****y. Yeah, they're going to hell where they'll swim in pools of fire and get a hot poker rectal examine...on an hourly basis. I hope it hurts like nothing else. EF that forgiveness crap. They (and the parents who taught them that crap) don't deserve it.

I turned my back on Catholicism around 14 when I realized, SERIOUSLY...you're telling me that? GTFO. The child rape stuff made it permanent. I know about a dozen kids who were molested, about half close, personal, life long friends. Any insituation that repeats this shtt over and over and over again, has no right to exist.

If it happens once, shame on them. If it happens twice shame on me. If it keeps happening, over and over...BLOW THE FCCKERS UP. That is not god's work. Execution should be the norm. Seriously, screw that confess your sins and be done with it crap. That's a cheap and sleazy out. Utter BS. Hitler probably thought the same...I'll just confess at the end.

Yup...there it is...I ended this with HITLER, the ultimate Catholic. Y'all have something to say about that...come at me and you will not know what the fcck hit you. Still got my brothers back on this, until the end.

Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Here's a younger and similarly hot-tempered RC gangster Kelly09 upset about someone using their freedom of expression to convey disgust about the Church's complicity in child abuse:

https://view.yahoo.com/show/saturday-night-live/clip/40036112/joe-pesci-monologue

Yeah, Sinead was years ahead of the media in bringing attention to the issue. Unfortunately her SNL protest went a long way towards derailing her career and life. A couple of weeks after her SNL protest they booed her offstage at the 30th Anniversary Bob Dylan Concert at MSG. Kris Kristofferson was very kind to her onstage. I never forgot that. The Church owes her a public apology.
okaydo
You would assume that this would be universally blasted. Heck, a normal president would've distanced himself from this. But in the Trump era, the cruelty is the point.

On Twitter and, yes, Gateway pundit, here were some of the reactions I saw today:

--The Native American confronted the kid.
--I see no evidence of bullying. What's wrong with what the kid is doing? Nobody was harmed?
--These are kids. They don't know better. Didn't you do something as a kid that you were embarrassed about?
--The liberals beat up veterans and the media doesn't care.
kelly09
bearister said:

kelly09 said:

...Also the rape protecting bishops all lean left. As does this Pope.

The research will not substantiate your claims. Cardinal Bernard Law, the poster boy for the Church's cover up of clergy child rape in the United States, was a stalwart of the conservative wing of the American Catholic church,and his brethren controlled the Church for the last 50 years prior to Pope Francis. Ironically, one of the weapons the Conservatives are using to try to discredit the Pope in order to regain control is the very child abuse crisis they gave birth to. How is that for hypocrisy? I'm afraid the fact Notre Dame is a bastion of Conservative Catholicism isn't even debatable.
I wish Notre Dame as a bastion of conservatism was true. It's not. The Pedophile priests should be in jail. And some are. The real problem is homosexuality in the priesthood. By far the most victims are young men.
You guys love to blast Catholicism's stand on killing babies by using the molestation scandals as a one off.
I have great anger toward the molesters. The damage done to young people is incalcuable.The have done great harm to the church.
Bearister, Cardinals Bernadin, Wuerl and Mahoney are Libs.
okaydo

blungld
Whoever started or whatever the surrounding context, all I need to see is that kid's face. I could write an entire essay on what that face symbolizes and the dangerous psychology it embodies, but this is a better job than I could do. The line that his face says "I will always win" nails it: That face.

I can only hope that he some day reaches a place of true shame about his younger self.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
okaydo
The fun thing is this guy's a vet, so you can accuse the MAGAs supporting the kids as being anti-veteran and thus anti-American.
kelly09
Blueblood said:

okaydo said:

Dude, you'd better be pulling my leg....or you'd better go to an optometrist for an eye check up......but then again if Hannity uses The Gateway as a source like you, then I guess you've made my point!
No one is pulling your leg. You and your fellow whacked out lefties accuse Catholoc high school kids of being Nazis. That is some disgusting BS.
Since the full video has emerged, its clear that it was the kids' spaces that were invaded. Brown Shirts!? FU
Cal88
blungld said:

Whoever started or whatever the surrounding context, all I need to see is that kid's face. I could write an entire essay on what that face symbolizes and the dangerous psychology it embodies, but this is a better job than I could do. The line that his face says "I will always win" nails it: That face.

I can only hope that he some day reaches a place of true shame about his younger self.
The Slate article you've linked is grossly misrepresenting what went down:
Quote:

A video clip of a white teenager harassing a Native American elder instantly became one of the most viscerally enraging images of an era that has offered no shortage of them.

In the clip, captured during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington on Friday, an elderly Native American man beats a drum and quietly sings, and a small group of activists and allies can be seen in the crowd behind him
Slate is clearly lying, they imply that the elderly man was quietly beating a drum and got accosted by a bunch of racist white teens, when in fact the video posted above showed that it was the drummer and his group that came up to the crowd of teenagers, and that the drummer invaded the personal space of the kid with the MAGA hat, propping up his drum and stroking it an inch or two from the kid's face. This was a pretty confrontational move on his part, his group was seeking confrontation with the pro-life HS kids.

The kid was also confrontational in a passive-aggressive way, standing his ground and smirking, but he did not initiate this face-off, nor did he or his mates block the group of protestors that came up to them.

When you say "all you need to see is the kid's face" in order to decide who is guilty, it really shows your personal prejudices; the white flyover Trump supporter kid is of course automatically guilty.

Here's the statement from this kid, Nick Sandmann, about this incident, he actually comes across as a pretty well-adjusted young man:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html?ofs=fbia

Cal88
Another Bear said:

The local diocese issued a formal apology and said the appropriate action, including expulsion, will happen.

Here's the thing...if those kids were chanting build the wall...man they just stupid AF. Seriously chanting that to Native Americans is the height of ignorance and stupidity. Ah...but these are good Catholic kids...from Ken****y. Yeah, they're going to hell where they'll swim in pools of fire and get a hot poker rectal examine...on an hourly basis. I hope it hurts like nothing else. EF that forgiveness crap. They (and the parents who taught them that crap) don't deserve it.

I turned my back on Catholicism around 14 when I realized, SERIOUSLY...you're telling me that? GTFO. The child rape stuff made it permanent. I know about a dozen kids who were molested, about half close, personal, life long friends. Any insituation that repeats this shtt over and over and over again, has no right to exist.

If it happens once, shame on them. If it happens twice shame on me. If it keeps happening, over and over...BLOW THE FCCKERS UP. That is not god's work. Execution should be the norm. Seriously, screw that confess your sins and be done with it crap. That's a cheap and sleazy out. Utter BS. Hitler probably thought the same...I'll just confess at the end.

Yup...there it is...I ended this with HITLER, the ultimate Catholic. Y'all have something to say about that...come at me and you will not know what the fcck hit you. Still got my brothers back on this, until the end.
Funnily enough Hitler was not Catholic, he was actually as virulently anti-Christian (and especially anti-Catholic) as many posters on here are. He and his nazi bunch were pagans, disciples of Helena Blavatsky and into the type of ******ed new age occult religions that became very popular in California and other hippie-infested areas in the West in the late 60s.

Quote:

...the Nazis were essentially hostile to Christianity and the Catholic Church faced persecution in Nazi Germany. Its press, schools and youth organisations were closed, much property confiscated and around one third of its clergy faced reprisals from authorities. Catholic lay leaders were targeted in the Night of the Long Knives.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives][/url] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_Nazi_Germany
blungld
Cal88 said:

blungld said:

The Slate article you've linked is grossly misrepresenting what went down:
Quote:

A video clip of a white teenager harassing a Native American elder instantly became one of the most viscerally enraging images of an era that has offered no shortage of them.

In the clip, captured during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington on Friday, an elderly Native American man beats a drum and quietly sings, and a small group of activists and allies can be seen in the crowd behind him
Slate is clearly lying, they imply that the elderly man was quietly beating a drum and got accosted by a bunch of racist white teens, when in fact the video posted above showed that it was the drummer and his group that came up to the crowd of teenagers, and that the drummer invaded the personal space of the kid with the MAGA hat, propping up his drum and stroking it an inch or two from the kid's face. This was a pretty confrontational move on his part, his group was seeking confrontation with the pro-life HS kids.

The kid was also confrontational in a passive-aggressive way, standing his ground and smirking, but he did not initiate this face-off, nor did he or his mates block the group of protestors that came up to them.

When you say "all you need to see is the kid's face" in order to decide who is guilty, it really shows your personal prejudices; the white flyover Trump supporter kid is of course automatically guilty.

Here's the statement from this kid, Nick Sandmann, about this incident, he actually comes across as a pretty well-adjusted young man:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html?ofs=fbia

My statement wasn't about who is "guilty" or who "started it." I thought I made that clear. I don't know that. What I do know is how the kid presented himself and what that body language and smirk means. No after the fact press release changes what he thought was appropriate in the moment, what it meant to his boys, and the other options he chose not to pursue. You can say all sweetly that I was just standing there, but no he wasn't just standing there. Like the third grader who claims "I'm not touching you" isn't just not touching you.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Blueblood
kelly09 said:

Blueblood said:

okaydo said:

No one is pulling your leg. You and your fellow whacked out lefties accuse Catholoc high school kids of being Nazis. That is some disgusting BS.
Since the full video has emerged, its clear that it was the kids' spaces that were invaded. Brown Shirts!? FU
O'Kelly09 back at you FU too! I NEVER said or mentioned catholic kids (the news article did). But, hey, you name a'callin' catholics seemed to express a fair amount of hate, so F them too!

I'm just guessing, but I bet you take an XXXL size brown shirt.
Another Bear
Cal88 said:

Another Bear said:

Funnily enough Hitler was not Catholic, he was actually as virulently anti-Christian (and especially anti-Catholic) as many posters on here are. He and his nazi bunch were pagans, disciples of Helena Blavatsky and into the type of ******ed new age occult religions that became very popular in California and other hippie-infested areas in the West in the late 60s.

Quote:

...the Nazis were essentially hostile to Christianity and the Catholic Church faced persecution in Nazi Germany. Its press, schools and youth organisations were closed, much property confiscated and around one third of its clergy faced reprisals from authorities. Catholic lay leaders were targeted in the Night of the Long Knives.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives][/url] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_Nazi_Germany

For christ sake, the Catholics HATED THE JEWS just like much of Europe. The difference is they hold power and looked the other way during genocide. The church officially apologized to the Jews for not doing anything during the Holocaust. And yes, Hitler was Catholic, being born to a practicing Catholic.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

I hate to brazenly attempt a hijack of such a love fest thread, but speaking of SNL. My wife and I always DVR the show. I give the musical acts at least a listen, but for the last many years I usually can't make it past 30 seconds before I fast forward. Last night SNL gave me a new band. Yes, they are retro and they bring to mind Led Zep. Facially the lead singer brings to mind Bob Dylan, Nils Lofgren and Elvin Bishop when they were young. Vocally he reminds me of Robert Plant and Axl Rose. I bet they Rock in concert:

Anarchistbear
What a f$cked up story that is totally emblematic of a society in ruin- but not the way we think. A Native American, a bunch of high school kids and a group of black Hebrew Israelites meet on the Washington Mall. What happens after a day or two seems relatively innocuous- some words, some drumming, some posturing no violence, and the usual confusing Rashomon tale

But of course that wasn't the "story. The story is MAGA, Nazis, child molesters, Pocahantas outrage, dips$it commentary on the "look", and Trump of course. The Native American is a victim of stare down genocide. The Black Hebrews are unmentioned - got to be a joke in there about car thieves that are their own lawyers. Meanwhile the right takes up battle against the maligned innocent children protesting for life being attacked by a Tom Tom beating senior citizen.

Bias, stupid symbology and mob rule in Abraham Lincoln's shadow. What a f$cked up country, totally consumed by trivia
ducky23
Blueblood
bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I hate to brazenly attempt a hijack of such a love fest thread, but speaking of SNL. My wife and I always DVR the show. I give the musical acts at least a listen, but for the last many years I usually can't make it past 30 seconds before I fast forward. Last night SNL gave me a new band. Yes, they are retro and they bring to mind Led Zep. Facially the lead singer brings to mind Bob Dylan, Nils Lofgren and Elvin Bishop when they were young. Vocally he reminds me of Robert Plant and Axl Rose. I bet they Rock in concert:

Damn they're good....I must admit that I'm torn between the lead singer's sandals and the lead guitar's metallic boots!
bearister
I think the lead singer is going for a modified Roger at Woodstock look.

going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Another Bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.