The return of the brown shirts?

16,790 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

America's MC Laureate.
okaydo
Great piece.

bearister
Gee, what a nice high school. Christ would be proud:

Kentucky Catholic school from Lincoln Memorial clash allowed blackface

https://mol.im/a/6616793
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
bearister said:

Religion often takes on elements of local culture to become acceptable. Looks to be the case here despite the teachings of Jesus. Of course the Catholic Church isn't estranged from bigotry, hate and other horrible acts.

Generally, reminds me of the Virgin of Guadalupe becoming the icon of Mexican Catholicism but there also examples in Islam, which looks very different in Saudi Arabia vs. say Indonesia. Looks like the Catholic Church in Kentucky took on old school Southern racial attitudes. While Catholics don't deserve to be blanketed or stereotyped by that...those kids could be call white supremists, racist and Nazis.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
ducky23
bearister said:

Love the kid in the front yelling at the black player while flashing the white power sign...lovely

I'm not so much disgusted with the students as I am with the school. How on earth does a reasonable person allow their students (90% white) wear black face (black painted face with eyes and lips painted white) at a game where there are black players on the opposing team?

Even if you believe your students' actual intent is not racist, maybe the other team may find it so? Maybe error on the side of decency? Would it be so hard to have a blue out instead?

Either these school administrators are the biggest ignorant imbeciles on earth and should be fired for incompetence or they are outright racists. It's either one or the other.
going4roses
Or most likely both
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
B.A. Bearacus
Hater of all things non-white and human dildo speaks:

ducky23
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hater of all things non-white and human dildo speaks:

The press is about to shine a spotlight on whatever the heck goes on at that school. And I'm going to wager it's not going to be pretty.

If trump were smart (I know, I know) i probably wouldn't wade into this debate at this time.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Bearister, you're a POS! Person of Stature.
going4roses

What is this country/world coming to
going4roses

B.A. Bearacus
We know these attitudes exist, but the POTUS emboldens the behavior to come out of the shadows. And to the extent it was never really in the shadows, more of it is documented because of phones and social media, so awareness is heightened.
Anarchistbear
This is a great distraction for Trump with the usual suckers. Instead of the shut down focus on the fake media and a black " hate group" calling our "innocent students" f$ggots, crackers and child molesters.
kelly09
B.A. Bearacus said:

We know these attitudes exist, but the POTUS emboldens the behavior to come out of the shadows. And to the extent it was never really in the shadows, more of it is documented because of phones and social media, so awareness is heightened.
Not one of you mentioned 'The Black Israelites". Real bigots. Reminds me a lot of a couple of posters here.Also of a group, I'm sure none of you have ever heard of back in 1973-74. They called themselves 'The Death An gels'. Killed a whole lot of young white people in the Bay Area. I mean a whole lot. Look it up. One of the murdered was a friend of mine.some say they were alcolyltes of Mr Farrakkan.
B.A. Bearacus
kelly09 said:

Not one of you mentioned 'The Black Israelites". Real bigots. Reminds me a lot of a couple of posters here.Also of a group, I'm sure none of you have ever heard of back in 1973-74. They called themselves 'The Death An gels'. Killed a whole lot of young white people in the Bay Area. I mean a whole lot. Look it up. One of the murdered was a friend of mine.some say they were alcolyltes of Mr Farrakkan.
Terrible that you had a friend murdered. You seem to know a lot about this group and I was not able to quickly find anything describing a sustained murder campaign. Care to enlighten here with (possibly with a reference?) to the killing of a whole lot of people in the Bay Area by this group?

When I saw the clip of those dudes, I just thought of the assorted whacked out folks in Sproul Plaza in the early 90s that made it hard for me to study or enjoy a sandwich minus loud crazy talk. You just try to keep walking past those dudes like you would someone having a schizophrenic episode.

kelly09
B.A. Bearacus said:

kelly09 said:

Terrible that you had a friend murdered. You seem to know a lot about this group and I was not able to quickly find anything describing a sustained murder campaign. Care to enlighten here with (possibly with a reference?) to the killing of a whole lot of people in the Bay Area by this group?

When I saw the clip of those dudes, I just thought of the assorted whacked out folks in Sproul Plaza in the early 90s that made it hard for me to study or enjoy a sandwich minus loud crazy talk. You just try to keep walking past those dudes like you would someone having a schizophrenic episode.

Look up Zebra Killings.
B.A. Bearacus
Thanks, I'll read up on this more when I have time. Wonder why the DC guys reminded you of the Bay Area guys more than white people who openly vocalize hating "f*ggots." There are many more white people in this country than black people who think that gay people will burn in hell, yell "f*ggot" out loud, deserve abuse, etc.
kelly09
Blueblood said:

okaydo said:

No, the Native American harassed the kid. The kid was trying to be respectful and now the liberal media has doxxed him and his school.

At least that's what I read on The Gateway Pundit.
Dude, you'd better be pulling my leg....or you'd better go to an optometrist for an eye check up......but then again if Hannity uses The Gateway as a source like you, then I guess you've made my point!
An interesting point in Gateway Pundit. Phillips claims to be a Viet Nam Marine Vet. He slso says he was born in 1955. The last Marine regiment deployed to Viet Nam was October 1970. He would have been 15. Don't think so.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003
Man, look at that smirk. GUILTY
ducky23
oski003 said:

How about the kids who paint their face black but outline their eyes and mouth in white? If it's a black out, why not just paint your whole face black?

These kids know exactly what they are doing and their parents/school administrators don't seem to care.
going4roses
ducky23 said:

oski003 said:

How about the kids who paint their face black but outline their eyes and mouth in white? If it's a black out, why not just paint your whole face black?

These kids know exactly what they are doing and their parents/school administrators don't seem to care.

That's the thing they promote it condone it and support it.

The look on his face "where are my pats on the back for being a good boy" not one lick of common sense let alone remorse
B.A. Bearacus
I will admit that he looks a lot more wholesome, kind, and embracing of all cultures when he takes off that "Let's be honest, I'm a white nationalist" hat.
oski003
ducky23 said:

oski003 said:

I don't know. Is there significance to white lips and eyes in the white power movement? Is this like the old black shoes white laces thing? I assumed that they thought it looked cool and intimidating.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

ducky23 said:

oski003 said:

I don't know. Is there significance to white lips and eyes in the white power movement? Is this like the old black shoes white laces thing? I assumed that they thought it looked cool and intimidating.
Oski, I don't really think you know what black face is. Here's a cool recent example from a University of Oklahoma student:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/university-of-oklahoma-blackface-video-2-students-leave-after-shocking-racist-video/

Anarchistbear
LY

Cal Poly kids have this down

B.A. Bearacus
I guess we now know that Mushroom D could shoot someone on 5th Avenue while in black face and his followers wouldn't care.
sycasey
I'd recommend watching the full, uncut video of the incident:

The first part is some random ranting and instigation by the Black Israelites (or whatever they call themselves), and the Covington kids don't show up until about an hour, 10 minutes in. They start doing some chants (I'm not sure if these are school chants or whatever). Then the Native American activists show up and start drumming in between the two groups -- as they said, they were looking to de-escalate because they thought the situation might become violent. The kids keep chanting as Phillips stands there drumming.

My takeaways:

1. There wasn't any violence here, just some chanting and ranting.
2. It's a stretch to say Phillips got "in the kid's face" as some conservatives have claimed. He walked near the crowd and kept banging his drum, then one of the kids with a MAGA hat decided to stand very close to him (hence the photo op).
3. The kids DO start doing some racist stuff as the drumming continues, including the damned Tomahawk Chop. They might not have been dangerous, but they do seem to be ******bags.
4. The Black Israelites (not "Black Muslims" as the kid's mom thought) are also considered an extremist religious group by the SPLC and shouldn't be considered any friend of the left.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus said:

To save his ass, he should heed the lessons of history. Start off by saying this is all revenge on behalf of Clintons and rage on the verge of tears for about 30 minutes before being asked your first question.

NYCGOBEARS
Ironic as all hell that the "school spirit" stuff they were doing was an appropriation of a native Maori war dance. Ignorant f@&$ccks using that to taunt a Native American Indian man.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

My takeaways:

2. It's a stretch to say Phillips got "in the kid's face" as some conservatives have claimed. He walked near the crowd and kept banging his drum, then one of the kids with a MAGA hat decided to stand very close to him (hence the photo op).
3. The kids DO start doing some racist stuff as the drumming continues, including the damned Tomahawk Chop. They might not have been dangerous, but they do seem to be ******bags.
4. The Black Israelites (not "Black Muslims" as the kid's mom thought) are also considered an extremist religious group by the SPLC and shouldn't be considered any friend of the left.

I agree with a lot of this
1.) There's nothing wrong with wearing a MAGA hat but if you do that in DC you are going to catch some ***** You are either going to have to own that, fight or leave. The "chaperones" are f$cking clueless in preparing these kids.

Also a lot of the kids actions- the chants- are rituals done because they are out of their comfort zone maybe scared, so they return to familiar rituals
2.) In some ways this is a clash of religion- three of them doing what religions do- yell and spew hate at each other- without any attempt at discourse.
3.) I think Phillips move is consistent with a culture where elders and rituals are revered. But he's in the wrong crowd at the wrong moment. Again, it's here is my thing..believe in it. Funny enough it worked!

The stare down kid's actions were different but I don't read them as menace- just holding ground and posing- kid has some balls but no empathy.

4. The Black Hebrews are racist and anti Semitic but not violent. Also I don't consider them leftists

The biggest takeaway. Mind your own f$ckin business!

I
bearister
I saw a Native American man on CNN yesterday that said the Black Hebrews were harassing the Native Americans as well as the Alt Catholics. I wonder what their beef is with the Native Americans?
ducky23
Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

My takeaways:

I agree with a lot of this
1.) There's nothing wrong with wearing a MAGA hat but if you do that in DC you are going to catch some ***** You are either going to have to own that, fight or leave. The "chaperones" are f$cking clueless in preparing these kids.

I

This is my biggest takeaway as well. I've said it before, but I don't blame the students as much as I blame the parents/teachers etc

Look, you want to go as a school for a pro-life rally, go ahead. You even want to wear a pro-life t-shirt, by all means.

But a MAGA hat represents a lot more things than just being pro-life, especially in DC. And by wearing those hats, those kids know EXACTLY what they are doing (just like they know exactly what they're doing going to a game in black face).

A bunch of white kids don't go around wearing MAGA hats
unless they are looking for attention. Are looking to troll people.

And you know what, they are kids. That's somewhat understandable (though completely misguided)

What's not forgivable is what the hell are the parents doing? If you care at all about the safety of your kid, do you allow them to parade around DC chanting and wearing MAGA hats.

Sure they have a right to do so. But is it smart? Is that what a responsible parent does? Would I allow my kid to wear a Malcolm X hat around the south?
bearister

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.