Cohen Congressional Hearing Tomorrow

12,054 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbearinamaze
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cohen is one of the few guys that will ever testify before Congress that is about to serve a jail sentence. Thus the Congressmen can't use the typical threats of starting a criminal proceeding against him or putting him in jail on contempt charges for not cooperating. That being the case, Cohen has some breathing room to be feisty. If a Republican Congressman asks him questions about girlfriends Cohen should say he is happy to answer the questions in a parking lot during the lunch break with Federal Marshalls officiating. If a Congressman attaches a question at the end of a long self serving, posing, political stump speech Cohen should ask the Congressman to just repeat the question without the political speech. I wouldn't take one ounce of guff from those mediocre intellect political hacks that are trying to aid and abet tRump in obstruction of justice.

Last but not least, Cohen is a criminal and a liar, and Captain Mueller knows that. For that reason you can rest assured that Captain Mueller has independent witness and documentary corroboration for every statement he got from Cohen that he intends to rely on. Semper Fi!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus
7am Cal Bears time.

prospeCt

B.A. Bearacus
Bobodeluxe
... that guy is so crooked, he hired me ...
Another Bear
Streaming links to House Oversight Committee, also on C-SPAN. 10 a.m. EST/7 a.m. PST

https://oversight.house.gov/.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Streaming links to House Oversight Committee, also on C-SPAN. 10 a.m. EST/7 a.m. PST

https://oversight.house.gov/.

When I can't be in front of a TV, I will be listening via that link tomorrow instead of Led Zep.
concordtom
Here's what I'm hoping for tomorrow:
Cohen on the left.
Trump on the right.

That said, we should be severely cautioned against getting our hopes up too high.
Each person gets only five minutes - that will caused it to be a bs incongruous event.

Also, someone on tv pointed out that he likely won't be able to talk about anything that is bigtime, as that would be withheld for prosecutors were IT in existence.
concordtom
Don Lemon ranks low on the night time news shows.
Chris Cuomo is good. Very lawyerly. Smart.
Chris Matthews is an ass sometimes but sharp.
Rachel Maddow is a clear storyteller, though sometimes she spins a bit too far.

The Fox people pretty much all suck. Chris Wallace must sometimes be telling himself, "I wish y'all wouldn't taint my aura". But he's part of the clan, though worthwhile for at least representing the other side. The others are flat out liars. Just straight up lying deceivers.
bearister
Cohen's prepared testimony:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-congress.html

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/636-michael-cohens-congressional-t/3a1530b333230e775df5/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

This will just make his evil and ignorant base embrace that fat orange piece of human garbage even more.
concordtom
Ha ha!

Mr. Cohen also plans to say that as a candidate, Mr. Trump directed him to write letters to his high school, college and other entities threatening them not to release transcripts of his standardized test scores.

Dumb****!
bearister
The Republican Congressmen that are aiding and abetting tRump in the obstruction of justice will not ask Cohen any questions where the answer involves anything having to do with tRump because they don't want that damaging information repeated anymore than it has to be. The Republicans will primarily be following Senator Geary's playbook in Godfather, i.e., give a posturing political speech and avoid asking a question altogether if possible. If they do ask questions, they will strictly be limited to attacking Cohen's credibility, character and trying to impeach his testimony.

B.A. Bearacus
Cohen will say: "Trump is a conman. He asked me to pay off an adult film star with whom he had an affair, and to lie to his wife about it, which I did. Lying to the First Lady is one of my biggest regrets."

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
CBS News is reporting: Michael Cohen to accuse Trump of racism, criminal activity at hearing

Other news sites are suggesting indictment of the POTUS if the criminal stuff is true, and that Cohen is bringing documents as proof.

I agree not to get any hopes up on truth or spectacle or anything but...how odd and convenient Trump is out of the country at this very moment?

If you take out the treason and threat to American democracy, this whole L'affair d'Orange is hilarious reality TV.

okaydo
Another Bear said:

CBS News is reporting: Michael Cohen to accuse Trump of racism, criminal activity at hearing

Other news sites are suggesting indictment of the POTUS if the criminal stuff is true, and that Cohen is bringing documents as proof.

I agree not to get any hopes up on truth or spectacle or anything but...how odd and convenient Trump is out of the country at this very moment?

If you take out the treason and threat to American democracy, this whole L'affair d'Orange is hilarious reality TV.

What are the odds that Trump will have a bombshell news announc3ment at %7 am tomorrow?
OneKeg
okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

What are the odds that Trump will have a bombshell news announc3ment at %7 am tomorrow?
Definitely possible. It can even be something that makes Trump look bad to his opponents as long as it's a distraction that allows his supporters to argue about that and distract from this.

The Alt-Right Playbook: Control the Conversation

Of course if the argument is about Cohen's testimony, then the main focus will be to distract, minimize and call Cohen a criminal d-bag. Which of course he is.

But Cohen is basically the Jose Canseco of criminal d-bags. While Canseco was a cheating d-bag at the game of baseball who mostly honestly revealed the much larger world of abject cheaters that surrounded him, Cohen is a criminal d-bag who is trying to reveal the larger world of abject criminals that surrounded him. And instead of this being about a sport, this is about a foreign-influenced criminal and his family/supporters taking and keeping control of the United States.

Edited to use d-bag to avoid the forum censorship software.
blungld
I am sure that if Cohen is lying, Trump will happily testify under oath to give the "true" account. No? Oh, than he will surely sue for slander so that the claims can be investigated in court. No? Oh, that's right he will just tweet insults. Yeah, that sure doesn't align with the accusations.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

The Republican Congressmen that are aiding and abetting tRump in the obstruction of justice will not ask Cohen any questions where the answer involves anything having to do with tRump because they don't want that damaging information repeated anymore than it has to be. The Republicans will primarily be following Senator Geary's playbook in Godfather, i.e., give a posturing political speech and avoid asking a question altogether if possible. If they do ask questions, they will strictly be limited to attacking Cohen's credibility, character and trying to impeach his testimony.

Possa gli "interrogatori" repubblicani mangiare cos tanto

la pasta che esce dalla bocca sputa le lasagne rigurgitate.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
concordtom
I fear this will all end in a big letdown.
Cohen will slam trump.
But in this new day, the insults will mean nothing.
Trump could insult blacks as N-words, asians as *****s, latinos as spics. Not of that is a crime, and so it will mean nothing.
Trump could have a dozen Stormy Daniels women on the side. Consenting adults.
Trump could be throwing down beers with Putin under a tandem dual shower. On video. Not a crime. Thus meaningless.
Trump could be shown to have cheated and lied in a million different ways. We will still be debating its meaning 5 years from now.

Our nation is weak.
concordtom
I continue....

The GOP will ignore any of Cohen's testimony and instead focus on flipping the script by throwing insults and threats back at him. For the average American who has to work and so will only get the sounds bites, many of whom will only watch the foxnews sound bites, this isn't going to end up well for those of us who are hoping for an execution today.

Why bother caring.
offshorebear
Cohen: "He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn't a '****hole.' This was when Barack Obama was president of the United States. While we were once driving through a struggling neighborhood in Chicago, he commented that only black people could live that way. And, he told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid."
bearister
As Cohen is being marched through the Capital corridors surrounded by Federal Marshals on his way to the hearing, did anyone else think of this?

concordtom
Damn, look at that.
50 cameras right up his nose at edge of table.
I imagine he has checked for any food in teeth, bats in the cave, and clipped all unflattering hairs.
concordtom
GOP has a point about following rules and receiving testimony 24 hours ahead of time, but they did the exact same thing with the kavanaugh hearing documents just a few short months ago, so go figure.

I expect the GOP will interrupt the flow all day long.
concordtom
bearister said:

As Cohen is being marched through the Capital corridors surrounded by Federal Marshal's on his way to the hearing, did anyone else think of this?

No.
But you'd have to think that if that happens, trump goes down.

Or, maybe not. They will get a deranged drug addict to do it, for patriotic reasons, just like jack ruby.
And the the drug addict will be shot by Capitol police so nobody will ever know.

Alternatively, maybe that scene will take place in china, and it will be trump who takes the bullet, and everyone will be similarly confused as to whodunnit.
concordtom
Elijah Cummings .... "meh" public speaking skills here.
bearister
concordtom
Shut the hell up, Elijah.
Whip out the poster board photos of trump getting a blowjob, Michael!
bearister
concordtom said:

I fear this will all end in a big letdown.
Cohen will slam trump.
But in this new day, the insults will mean nothing.
Trump could insult blacks as N-words, asians as *****s, latinos as spics. Not of that is a crime, and so it will mean nothing.
Trump could have a dozen Stormy Daniels women on the side. Consenting adults.
Trump could be throwing down beers with Putin under a tandem dual shower. On video. Not a crime. Thus meaningless.
Trump could be shown to have cheated and lied in a million different ways. We will still be debating its meaning 5 years from now.

Our nation is weak.

As I posted the other day:

His supporters could care less what he does or what lies he tells. tRump has conned them into believing he is their Messianic standard bearer in the Fox News manufactured Culture War.

The only fun from this is it does actually cause tRump to go berserk....and that is good enough for me.
concordtom
This Jim Jordan guy is something else.
Wow.
Spinning a yarn.
concordtom

Quote:

The only fun from this is it does actually cause tRump to go berserk....and that is good enough for me.
Nah. Not good enough because he has no compunction. In fact, he views this as a plus for ratings.

So, I'm going for this:

Mussolini.
concordtom
Okay, there's some good sound bites there.
Lay it on, Michael!

Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation only to market himself and to build his wealth and power. Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the "greatest infomercial in political history."
He never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign for him was always a marketing opportunity.
bearister
concordtom said:

This Jim Jordan guy is something else.
Wow.
Spinning a yarn.

The worst part about him is that, as a man, you have to put up with his mouth because he is an elite bada$$ in a street fight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.