War With Iran

21,318 Views | 222 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

My name is Bearacus, B.A. F@ucking Bearacus!

* Breaking News: an armed claymore mine was discovered under the Fox & Friends sofa. Residue of blueblood was discovered on the apparatus.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
They said "imminent", didn't they? You don't think they would lie about something like that. The President definitely wouldn't lie about something like that. The Secretary of State wouldn't lie about there being an "imminent threat".
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

But hey, the "good" news is that this probably furthers Saudi interests and despite all of the republican chest beating about Iran, they still support Saudi Arabia unquestioningly. It's amazing to me that they are allowing 9/11 to be recast as an Iranian promoted operation despite the fact that more than 3/4 of the terrorists were Saudi and there is no reason to believe Iran played any role. There is clearly something fishy going on with the Saudis (possibly involving Kushner) and yet no one seems to be focused on it.

There is nothing weird going on with the Saudis. Why would you insinuate such a thing?

B.A. Bearacus
Nothing from 93 today. Any chance the following exchange occurred with BearGreg?

bearlyamazing
We're now negotiating from a position of strength, contrary to what the delusional talking heads and you knuckleheads are trying to say. Every once in a while, even the Communist News Network slips up and lets the truth get out.

bearister

I am pretty sure these guys are all experiencing leakage doing this.
BearForce2
BearForce2
bearister
The Left = anyone that doesn't think tRump is temperamentally, intellectually and morally qualified to be POTUS

"History asks:
Did the man have integrity?
Did the man have unselfishness?
Did the man have courage?
Did the man have consistency?"
Franklin D. Roosevelt
bearister
BearForce2 said:

How much Earth has warmed since a NASA scientist's warning 30 years ago - Axios

https://www.axios.com/how-much-earth-has-warmed-since-hansen-testified-b6f8fdb4-484e-477f-b8b6-6ee320994dc0.html

BearForce2
BearsWiin said:

I'm just here to mock you

And I'm here to out drink you.
B.A. Bearacus
Republican senator from Utah.

AunBear89
B.A. Bearacus said:

He'll be drummed out of the party by next week.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearlyamazing
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

When the Senator of Utah is dissatisfied with the briefing you know you have big problems. It means it's not them, it's you.
Anarchistbear
BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

When the Senator of Utah is dissatisfied with the briefing you know you have big problems. It means it's not them, it's you.

Lee - although very conservative-has consistently supported anti war initiatives. He sponsored a bill with Bernie Sanders to shut off aid to Yemen also voted against military aid to Saudi Arabis and against the Patriot Act extension. He and Paul are two Republicans with a healthy disrespect for the neocon war machine.
B.A. Bearacus
bearlyamazing
Oh this was a good idea

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, who is chairman of Iran's parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee, made the allegations during an interview with the country's Etemad newspaper, cited by the country's Fars News agency.

He claimed it was done as a favor to senior Iranian officials linked to President Hassan Rouhani, and he alleged the move sparked a competition among Iranian officials over whose children would benefit from the scheme.

He claimed that the deal was made during negotiations for the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which was reached in July 2015. President Trump announced in May that the U.S. would withdraw from the agreement.

"When Obama, during the negotiations about the JCPOA, decided to do a favor to these men, he granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians and some officials started a competition over whose children could be part of these 2,500 Iranians," he claimed.

"If today these Iranians get deported from America, it will become clear who is complicit and sells the national interest like he is selling candies to America."

The conservative Zolnour, who is in Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's inner circle, added: "It should be stated exactly which children of which authorities live in the United States and have received citizenship or residency."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-administration-granted-citizenship-to-2500-iranians-during-nuclear-deal-iran-official
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearlyamazing said:

Oh this was a good idea

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, who is chairman of Iran's parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee, made the allegations during an interview with the country's Etemad newspaper, cited by the country's Fars News agency.

He claimed it was done as a favor to senior Iranian officials linked to President Hassan Rouhani, and he alleged the move sparked a competition among Iranian officials over whose children would benefit from the scheme.

He claimed that the deal was made during negotiations for the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which was reached in July 2015. President Trump announced in May that the U.S. would withdraw from the agreement.

"When Obama, during the negotiations about the JCPOA, decided to do a favor to these men, he granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians and some officials started a competition over whose children could be part of these 2,500 Iranians," he claimed.

"If today these Iranians get deported from America, it will become clear who is complicit and sells the national interest like he is selling candies to America."

The conservative Zolnour, who is in Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's inner circle, added: "It should be stated exactly which children of which authorities live in the United States and have received citizenship or residency."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-administration-granted-citizenship-to-2500-iranians-during-nuclear-deal-iran-official
I'm confused. Is it OK to believe what Iranian government officials say or not?
Eastern Oregon Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

I remember how Trump honored a Gold Star family back in 2016.

A few nights ago, I watched the PBS show American Experience about Joe McCarthy. I only intended to watch for a few minutes but ended up watching the entire two hours. The parallels between what happened then and what is happening now is striking. This nonsense about how if you don't agree with us you must love terrorists or mourn Soleimani is straight out of the McCarthy era playbook.

See if this doesn't ring a bell: a reporter mentioned that you could spend a day proving Joe McCarthy had lied about something and by the time you were done, Joe would have said 3 more lies and no one cared about the earlier one.
golden sloth
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I remember how Trump honored a Gold Star family back in 2016.

A few nights ago, I watched the PBS show American Experience about Joe McCarthy. I only intended to watch for a few minutes but ended up watching the entire two hours. The parallels between what happened then and what is happening now is striking. This nonsense about how if you don't agree with us you must love terrorists or mourn Soleimani is straight out of the McCarthy era playbook.

See if this doesn't ring a bell: a reporter mentioned that you could spend a day proving Joe McCarthy had lied about something and by the time you were done, Joe would have said 3 more lies and no one cared about the earlier one.
I recently completed the Netflix Norwegian Series 'Occupied' about Norway being occupied by Russia at the behest of the EU. It is amazing how apropos that show was. Yes, the first season drags on a bit and gets involved with the characters I didn't care about too much, but the second and third seasons were gold if you like political intrigue and entanglement. It effectively showed all sides of a complicated situation and how no one is important is honorable, and how everyone in power can become compromised. I also liked how the ending didn't just go super-happy-fun ending with all of Norway's problems suddenly disappearing..
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

Oh this was a good idea

Why should we believe anything you post after this?:

Quote:

Anyone here is free to correct me in the future if they get actual facts but starting mid-December, some awful tasting crow's going to be eaten by many of you here. And in your rage, many of you will be sure there's some dastardly conspiracy and lies at work when in fact, there will be hard proof laid before the eyes of our country
https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/92345/2

mid December is lasting a long time this year. My dictionary says December is a month that comes at the end of the year and is followed by January, which we are now in, and yet no crow is on my plate. Though according to your brethren, the dictionary has a liberal bias, so this could be fake news.

And as a bonus for you

Quote:

A Justice Department review of business dealings tied to Hillary Clinton -- championed by President Donald Trump and his allies -- has wound down with officials not finding enough evidence to recommend the formal opening of a criminal investigation, according to current and former US officials.
Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them. (and the gullible idiots who believe them)
bearister

The fact tRump constantly talks about himself is a big tell: The sole purpose of every action he takes, regardless of how consequential, is to benefit his own interests.
B.A. Bearacus
bearlyamazing
OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Oh this was a good idea

Quote:

Anyone here is free to correct me in the future if they get actual facts but starting mid-December, some awful tasting crow's going to be eaten by many of you here. And in your rage, many of you will be sure there's some dastardly conspiracy and lies at work when in fact, there will be hard proof laid before the eyes of our country

mid December is lasting a long time this year. My dictionary says December is a month that comes at the end of the year and is followed by January, which we are now in, and yet no crow is on my plate. Though according to your brethren, the dictionary has a liberal bias, so this could be fake news.

And as a bonus for you

Quote:

A Justice Department review of business dealings tied to Hillary Clinton -- championed by President Donald Trump and his allies -- has wound down with officials not finding enough evidence to recommend the formal opening of a criminal investigation, according to current and former US officials.
Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them. (and the gullible idiots who believe them)
Lies and the lying liars who tell them? Could you be a bigger pompous asshat?

If you don't think there is and will be serious negative fallout from the IG report, which as I noted upfront is the tamest of the investigations (largely because of the legal limits put on who and what the IG can investigate), you're not only a liar yourself but wholly delusional. Leftist gaslighting at it's finest. Nothing to see here!

I'll just let Glen Greenwald, who's no friend of Trump or conservatives, say it best:

JUST AS WAS TRUE when the Mueller investigation closed without a single American being charged with criminally conspiring with Russia over the 2016 election, Wednesday's issuance of the long-waited report from the Department of Justice's Inspector General reveals that years of major claims and narratives from the U.S. media were utter frauds.

Before evaluating the media component of this scandal, the FBI's gross abuse of its power its serial deceit is so grave and manifest that it requires little effort to demonstrate it. In sum, the IG Report documents multiple instances in which the FBI in order to convince a FISA court to allow it spy on former Trump campaign operative Carter Page during the 2016 election manipulated documents, concealed crucial exonerating evidence, and touted what it knew were unreliable if not outright false claims.

If you don't consider FBI lying, concealment of evidence, and manipulation of documents in order to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign to be a major scandal, what is? But none of this is aberrational: the FBI still has its headquarters in a building named after J. Edgar Hoover who constantly blackmailed elected officials with dossiers and tried to blackmail Martin Luther King into killing himself because that's what these security state agencies are. They are out-of-control, virtually unlimited police state factions that lie, abuse their spying and law enforcement powers, and subvert democracy and civic and political freedoms as a matter of course.

In this case, no rational person should allow standard partisan bickering to distort or hide this severe FBI corruption. The IG Report leaves no doubt about it. It's brimming with proof of FBI subterfuge and deceit, all in service of persuading a FISA court of something that was not true: that U.S. citizen and former Trump campaign official Carter Page was an agent of the Russian government and therefore needed to have his communications surveilled.

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/12/the-inspector-generals-report-on-2016-fb-i-spying-reveals-a-scandal-of-historic-magnitude-not-only-for-the-fbi-but-also-the-u-s-media/
sycasey
Wait, I thought the evidence that was going to come out had to do with Joe Biden's wrongdoing. Where does Greenwald's article say anything about that?
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

Wait, I thought the evidence that was going to come out had to do with Joe Biden's wrongdoing. Where does Greenwald's article say anything about that?
I said nothing of the kind regarding the IG report and Biden but nice try. Anyone paying attention knows it's completely outside the scope of what the IG's responsibilities covered.

Biden's got a lot of power and powerful people on the left side of the aisle often skate but if you've studied all the shady political financial dealings he's been involved with as VP and both think he's done nothing illegal and have no problem with it, it says a lot more about you than I ever could.

That said, he's far from in the clear at this point.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

I said nothing of the kind regarding the IG report and Biden but nice try.
This whole thread was about you claiming evidence was just about to be revealed against Biden.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/92345/1
Yogi14
bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Oh this was a good idea

Quote:

And as a bonus for you

Quote:

Lies and the lying liars who tell them? Could you be a bigger pompous asshat?
He could be bigger, but he'll never be able to be the biggest as long as you're around.
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

This whole thread was about you claiming evidence was just about to be revealed against Biden.

#1, the thread wasn't started by proclaiming that evidence was about to be revealed against Biden. The thread was started with a post referencing his clear quid pro quo threat to Ukraine.

#2, only well into the thread did I say this in response to another post:

bearlyamazing
In reply to OaktownBear 2:38p, 11/22/19

You'll get an apology from me in 6 months if there isn't more significant hard evidence of the high level of corruption involving Biden and significant other players that can't be spun away by arguments like, "Even republicans wanted him fired."

The IG report had nothing to do with Biden and his illegal actions in Ukraine, China and elsewhere. It was never going to come out last month.
oski003
[url=https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/][/url]https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar

fyi
bearister
ISIS welcome the death of Iran's Qaseem Soleimani

https://mol.im/a/7874033
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

#1, the thread wasn't started by proclaiming that evidence was about to be revealed against Biden. The thread was started with a post referencing his clear quid pro quo threat to Ukraine.

#2, only well into the thread did I say this in response to another post:

bearlyamazing
In reply to OaktownBear 2:38p, 11/22/19

You'll get an apology from me in 6 months if there isn't more significant hard evidence of the high level of corruption involving Biden and significant other players that can't be spun away by arguments like, "Even republicans wanted him fired."

The IG report had nothing to do with Biden and his illegal actions in Ukraine, China and elsewhere. It was never going to come out last month.

Okay, looks like we've got about four months to go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.