Straight Pride Parade

15,300 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GBear4Life
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have gym socks older than 50. I figured this is on Thread topic:

https://mol.im/a/7120561
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
wifeisafurd
The hetro pride parade seems a rather bizarre concept. The gay pride parade may be serious in other areas, but when we lived in the Hollywood Hills, we got caught up in the traffic and saw the parade. A good portion of the parade (particular the crowd) was young straight people. It was really just a big party. I'm just not sure how anyone could be offended (other than for the lack of traffic control) by that parade.

It was not like a protest where people are saying things you could disagree with. Just a bunch people of having fun and. btw, making a lot of tourist coin for West Hollywood.

This is a little bit off topic, but gay marriage is big business for the economy.
dajo9
GBear4Life said:

It's a parade of pride, not a protest.

You just basically parroted what the OP was saying and confirmed my criticism was warranted. The straight pride announcement has served its purpose already -- the Left has called for a permit to be denied (which the Democratic mayor of Boston rightfully disagrees) and outright mocked a group's desire to celebrate their immutable characteristics. It has garnered the reaction we already knew would further confirm that the Left absolutely detests equality, and merely uses it as a bludgeon to virtue signal and correct for history, and that a group's victim status is the determinant in judging their actions.

The idea that anybody -- solely based on an immutable characteristic -- can be determined to be more or less of a victim by virtue of their immutable identity, or the group's context historically, is ridiculous and profoundly illiberal.

What about heteros who were trying to move in to the Castro district in 2007? Weren't they the "other" facing discrimination? Are they privy, in your mind, to celebrate their sexuality?

Keep it up, liberals, Trump 2020 here it comes.

I'm all for the straight pride parade. I want to know who the a-holes are in the community.
American Vermin
Anarchistbear
Pinkwashing
calbearinamaze
wifeisafurd said:

The hetro pride parade seems a rather bizarre concept. The gay pride parade may be serious in other areas, but when we lived in the Hollywood Hills, we got caught up in the traffic and saw the parade. A good portion of the parade (particular the crowd) was young straight people. It was really just a big party. I'm just not sure how anyone could be offended (other than for the lack of traffic control) by that parade.

It was not like a protest where people are saying things you could disagree with. Just a bunch people of having fun and. btw, making a lot of tourist coin for West Hollywood.

This is a little bit off topic, but gay marriage is big business for the economy.
I've seen a few gay pride parades here in DC. Big-time party atmosphere.

For most of the Parade participants=>.take it way over-the top.

Without looking, what the 4 arm-movements done while dancing to YMCA?

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
concordtom
bearister said:

. I figured this is on Thread topic:

Would not have thought it possible that we have people like this in this country.

oski003
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Would not have thought it possible that we have people like this in this country.

what cave did you just crawl out of? we live in a huge country with a diversity of opinions, some unpallatable.
GBear4Life
dajo9 said:

I'm all for the straight pride parade. I want to know who the a-holes are in the community.
I'm all for it too, because it exposes the j*rk off regressive liberals who feign respect for liberal principles like equality and tolerance.
GBear4Life
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Would not have thought educated liberals could hold such disparate standards when it comes to celebrating sexual orientation. Yet here we are. Crazy!

Those white nationalists are probably inbred. What's your excuse?
calbearinamaze
GBear4Life said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

Those white nationalists are probably inbred. What's your excuse?
I don't care if it's partly aimed at me..........that is flat-out funny.

Serious question: Let's say men/women had to prove their heterosexuality in order to
be in the Straight Pride Parade. How would you handle the screening?

I'm really looking forward to hearing how that would go down (-LOW).

Another Bear
I was trying to figure out the Proud Boys and RWNJ's ant-pride stance and then I realized it's the same old sh*t just different targets. The RWNJs, Proud Boys and white nationalists want things to back to the time before gays, women, people of color and anyone different had rights and were "kept in their place".

The hate of LGBTQ is from the same place as racist hate and misogyny...all policy points shared by RWNJs, KKK, white nationalist and the Trump base. This is what Trump, Fox News and his base trade in: HATE.

Nice to see push back. And yes, this is one area the U.S. still leads the world. And it did not kill Western civilization. Frankly it probably made it better.

Despite Trump Administration Request Denials, U.S. Embassies Are Displaying Pride Flags Around the World

GBear4Life
LOL Ok Another Bear

Quote:

"Super Happy Fun America is committed to creating spaces for people of all identities to embrace the vibrancy of the straight community. We believe that true diversity is only possible when people of all sexual orientations are free to celebrate their lifestyles."

Quote:

"All are welcome," reads the event's description. "Antifa (short for Anti-Fun) is not welcome because they oppose happiness and fun."

Quote:

It looks like the Boston Straight Pride Parade will happen. We filed a discrimination complaint and it appears the City of Boston understands they would lose in litigation. The city is now working with us on the parade.

Quote:

"Permits to host a public event are granted based on operational feasibility, not based on values or endorsements of beliefs. The City of Boston cannot deny a permit based on an organization's values," the mayor said.
Anarchistbear
I'm going to Gay Pride because they'll be serving Cosmopolitans not some weenie straight people s$it
calbearinamaze
Anarchistbear said:

I'm going to Gay Pride because they'll be serving Cosmopolitans not some weenie straight people s$it

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/False-Report-of-Shooting-at-Capital-Pride-Parade-Triggers-Panic-511027152.html

You might think about wearing some heavy-duty armor. You won't be able to run very fast
with your drink, but....

So, we have neo-fascists organizing a "parade" and drag queens really running wild

sycasey
GBear4Life said:

So you definitely didn't even try to look up the origins of the parade on Wikipedia or anything.

These days it's more of a celebratory thing, but it started as a protest movement.
dajo9
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

So you definitely didn't even try to look up the origins of the parade on Wikipedia or anything.

These days it's more of a celebratory thing, but it started as a protest movement.

I might go to this parade since they made my heterosexual marriage illegal.

Oh wait. Nevermind.
American Vermin
Another Bear
Things are way better now after gay pride and marriage equity. My little sister is gay but she lucked graduating Cal in the early 90s, as things were really changing for the better. I remember when she came out she was preparing for a massive amount of drama...but she never got it, at least from her siblings and parents. Everyone basically said, oh, okay, well hope you're happy, glad you can live your life. Even my dad, born in 1920s simply said, "Oh, as long as you're happy. I still love you.".

Her prep was based on her friends experience, some being disowned, never talking to parents and some family members ever again. Death in other countries. Real sh*t.

Of course the gay pride stuff just didn't happen. There was real, hardline oppression first...like Stonewall and a lot of harassment, beat downs and killings (yes in the US)

In any case, to all the a**hole haters, conservatives and rwnjs...you can't turn it back. It's too late. The world is a better place. Love wins...and your lack of humanity shines through with the hate. If I were a Christian I'd pray for you.
dajo9
In 1969 at Stonewall in New York gays at a bar fought back at the police after routine abuse and mistreatment.

In 1970 homosexuality was treated as a mental illness.

In 1970 the first gay pride marches happened.

My Aunt has had 3 weddings starting in the early 90s. All with the same woman. The first completely illegal. The second, legal but then nullified by a court. The 3rd, fully legal. That's why she marches.

Why do the ****4brains of straight pride march?
American Vermin
GBear4Life
Another Bear said:

The world is a better place. Love wins...
LMAO as you and the regressive liberals denounce people for celebrating their sexuality!

You can't be proud of your immutable characteristics unless we've conferred victimhood status to you and your tribe! We are totally oblivious to how this contradicts our virtue signaling about gays and equality!

[the rest of your post was so belligerent and emotive, so bereft of argument or an actual point, as to justifiably be ignored]
GBear4Life
Guys guys guys, my future ex-wife has had enough of the war on straight white men.

dajo9
GBear4Life said:

Another Bear said:

LMAO as you and the regressive liberals denounce people for celebrating their sexuality!

You can't be proud of your immutable characteristics unless we've conferred victimhood status to you and your tribe! We are totally oblivious to how this contradicts our virtue signaling about gays and equality!

[the rest of your post was so belligerent and emotive, so bereft of argument or an actual point, as to justifiably be ignored]

No, see, gay people have been victims for eternity. It's not a status. It's abuse. They made my Aunt get married three times. That's not liberals conferring a status. That's liberals taking it to the streets and fighting back.

Now the perpetrators, having been defeated, want to copy. They'll fail because despite your protestations they have nothing to march for and everyone can see that. They are humiliating themselves. It's not something we are doing to them. They are doing it to themselves.
American Vermin
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

Another Bear said:

I'll give you this.
You know sports well enough.
But you do not know political correctness. And you probably wear that as a badge of honor.
GBear4Life
dajo9 said:

No, see, gay people have been victims for eternity. It's not a status. It's abuse. Now the perpetrators, having been defeated, want to copy. They'll fail because despite your protestations they have nothing to march for and everyone can see that. They are humiliating themselves. It's not something we are doing to them. They are doing it to themselves.
Victims victims victims!!!! Give me more victims!!!! Screw equality give me victims victims that we can use as props to signal our virtue!

Nobody's arguing the history of homosexuals. The straight pride, as principally dumb I think it is, is illuminating how hostile many of the pro-LGBT and city governments are to a basic concept of fairness that they themselves claim to be advocates. This thread is a microcosm of that. You don't have to assert that the grievances historically of straights and gays are equivalent. It's exposed the duplicity, absurdity, and hypocrisy of the Regressive Left.

As the mayor noted, things like "victim status" is not relevant, legally or morally, to the merits of obtaining a permit.

And if these same regressives say an individual's experience is of upmost importance, and can approve of race and gender being on a spectrum, why are the purported experiences of victimization of the heteros dismissed out of hand?

I mean, I know why. To correct for history, it's a zero sum game. The idea of true equality doesn't allow historically marginalized group to gain 'victories' (instances of privilege). This ideology won't win in the long run, I'm convinced of it. The election was a glimpse into that.
calbearinamaze
GBear4Life said:

I mean, I know why. To correct for history, it's a zero sum game. The idea of true equality doesn't allow historically marginalized group to gain 'victories' (instances of privilege). This ideology won't win in the long run, I'm convinced of it. The election was a glimpse into that.
I'm guessin' the First Testament is not in your wheelhouse,
calbearinamaze
I'm guessin' the First Testament is not in your wheelhouse,
dajo9
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

No, see, gay people have been victims for eternity. It's not a status. It's abuse. Now the perpetrators, having been defeated, want to copy. They'll fail because despite your protestations they have nothing to march for and everyone can see that. They are humiliating themselves. It's not something we are doing to them. They are doing it to themselves.
Victims victims victims!!!! Give me more victims!!!! Screw equality give me victims victims that we can use as props to signal our virtue!

Nobody's arguing the history of homosexuals. The straight pride, as principally dumb I think it is, is illuminating how hostile many of the pro-LGBT and city governments are to a basic concept of fairness that they themselves claim to be advocates. This thread is a microcosm of that. You don't have to assert that the grievances historically of straights and gays are equivalent. It's exposed the duplicity, absurdity, and hypocrisy of the Regressive Left.

As the mayor noted, things like "victim status" is not relevant, legally or morally, to the merits of obtaining a permit.

And if these same regressives say an individual's experience is of upmost importance, and can approve of race and gender being on a spectrum, why are the purported experiences of victimization of the heteros dismissed out of hand?

I really don't know why you are claiming such victim status here. I told you, I want there to be a straight pride parade so I can know who the a-holes in my community are. You can have your a-hole parade. Make a statement to all the world how you can march too but for no reason except to throw a tantrum.
American Vermin
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

So in other words, you hate when people want to claim victim status and therefore you support these guys doing it too?
bearister
GBear4Life said:

..The election was a glimpse into that.

The only thing the last election was a "glimpse into" was the death throes of a political philosophy rapidly heading to the graveyard with the old, fearful, ignorant and hateful folks that believe in it.*

I saw Steve Bannon and his English sidekick interviewed by Jonathan Swan on the Axios show on HBO last night. Bannon is in a monastery plotting a populist takeover of Europe. He came off like the deranged crackpots that used to be on The Joe Pyne Show when I was a kid. You know, guys that claimed to be emperors of kingdoms at the bottom of the ocean. Bannon appears to have a martini onion left for a brain.

*But in light of the fact enough of them will still be alive for a while, that the Democrats are feeding on themselves like hyenas, and Russia and China are now best buds, the Clown Prince is a lock for a second term.
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

Wait, wait. Don't tell me!
You are a fan of Ayn Rand, right?
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

Nobody's arguing the history of homosexuals. The straight pride, as principally dumb I think it is,
okay, stop.
Let me give you a hint, an ounce of suggestion.
Just stop right there. Shut up. Say no more.
You've said it perfectly right there, and nothing more needs to be said.
We all understand this.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

GBear4Life said:

Another Bear said:

No, see, gay people have been victims for eternity. It's not a status. It's abuse. They made my Aunt get married three times. That's not liberals conferring a status. That's liberals taking it to the streets and fighting back.

Now the perpetrators, having been defeated, want to copy. They'll fail because despite your protestations they have nothing to march for and everyone can see that. They are humiliating themselves. It's not something we are doing to them. They are doing it to themselves.
Bingo.
concordtom
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

..The election was a glimpse into that.

The only thing the last election was a "glimpse into" was the death throes of a political philosophy rapidly heading to the graveyard with the old, fearful, ignorant and hateful folks that believe in it.*

*But in light of the fact enough of them will still be alive for a while, that the Democrats are feeding on themselves like hyenas, and Russia and China are now best buds, the Clown Prince is a lock for a second term.
I disagree.
It's good that ththat poll came out saying that most felt trump would be reelected. But he is hated, and that fear of reelection will push folks to actually vote.

As to your first point, America is changing. It's getting darker

And it's getting more educated

Meanwhile, the GOP is increasingly being made up by white uneducateds. A GOP pollster, Bill McInturff, has shown this:

See, 3% of the college educated Republicans have fled the party since Trump. They got smart.
So, congratulations to our foolish friends who remain to be brainwashed by Fox, and to defend your legacy affiliation, even as you are unaware that they even represent what you thought they used to. You're on the wrong side of history, and your grandchildren will remember that.
bearister
concordtom said:

...You are a fan of Ayn Rand, right?

...only as portrayed by Dame Helen Mirren.

sycasey
GBear4Life said:

They're being dismissed because they don't exist. This is like saying, "When that guy claimed it snowed in Berkeley yesterday, why was his claim dismissed out of hand?" Because I was there and have eyes and could plainly see that it didn't happen. Heterosexuals have never been victimized for their sexual orientation (they may be for other reasons, but not for that).

If you can provide evidence of heterosexuals being discriminated against or oppressed for being heterosexual, then I will reconsider my position. In the absence of such, I will stick to my current position that a Straight Pride Parade is stupid and pointless.
Another Bear
dajo9 said:

GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

I really don't know why you are claiming such victim status here. I told you, I want there to be a straight pride parade so I can know who the a-holes in my community are. You can have your a-hole parade. Make a statement to all the world how you can march too but for no reason except to throw a tantrum.
It's from the Wing Nut Playbook... in this case they go both ways. This is RWNJs main strategy method because they lack substance and intellectual ability. Playing both sides is one of their things.

A) Distract, deflect, move the goal posts
B) Blame the victim, play the victim
C) Lie, disinformation, make **** up
D) Divide, sow division and hate
E) Attack, attack, ATTACK
F) Rinse, repeat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.