Did Trump Use His Influence With Israel To Bar Two Congresspersons From Visit?

14,271 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Anarchistbear
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearnation93 said:

Israel, of course, did the right thing with these two anti-Semites. Besides the details ignored in this thread that the application for a visit to Israel submitted by Reps. Omar & Talieb, only referenced "Palestine" and didn't even mention the word "Israel, and that the Reps were not meeting with any Israeli government or even opposition leaders tells everyone all they needed to know: this was not a serious fact-finding trip and was nothing more than a political stunt from these two rabid anti-Semitic Democrats.

At the end of the day, who in their right mind would invite someone into their home when that person hated the homeowner and actually wanted to destroy your home and move the homeowner off their property?

Don't I get an Antifa nickname too?

Omar and Tlaib were definitely doing this as a political stunt. Bibi fell for it.
bearister
concordtom, I found your soulmate:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear

So today in Portland the Proud Boys and Antifa had a little meet-up. Trump calls for Antifa to be designated domestic terrorists...but not the White Supremacist aka NAZIS...because he needs them to win.

Now who is saying Trump is NOT a racist and white supremacist...aka NAZI?

Were any anarchists, antifa or white supremacists from BI there? (Bearnation93, Oski03, KKK, 3x3x3). Cole White, formerly of Top Dog, normally would make such a meet-up but he's currently in prison awaiting sentencing for insighting a riot. Surprised no RWNJ trolls here went.
calpoly
bearnation93 said:

We'll see what happens, AntifaTom, with the referral I made to my Secret Service friend. He's part of the Presidential & Foreign Dignitaries Protection Service so should know pretty quick whether you receive a knock on the door or not.

Are you in Portland this weekend, AntifaTom, to cause more violence against human beings exercising their First Amendment rights (no matter how offensive they may be to me or anyone else)?

Make it an outrageously prosperous day, AntifaTom!
First you say: "Are you in Portland this weekend, AntifaTom, to cause more violence against human beings exercising their First Amendment rights (no matter how offensive they may be to me or anyone else)?"

And then you want to take away the First Amendment rights for congress people because you perceive them as anti-Semites.

So do First Amendment rights only hold for rabid right wing hypocrites like you?

Unit2Sucks
Honestly guys you need to do a better job realizing when you are being trolled hard and stop feeding them.

I don't know if you can help yourselves but maybe the second amendment guys can do something about it, I don't know.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

Your argument as I understand it is that Israel's actions vis a vis Omar and Tlaib will diminish support for Israel among Dems. My argument is there is no evidence for that

So let's return to this a few days later. Enough evidence for you now?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-toxic-rift-opens-between-democrats-and-israel-after-the-nation-refuses-entry-to-two-members-of-congress/ar-AAFU8qs

When the Democrats stop advancing BDS legislation and stop writing blank checks I'll believe it. I think it'll all be forgotten in two weeks
bearnation93
Sure, here you go, Antifasycasey!

Bibi fell for nothing but continues to stand tall ... the guy's a bad ass ... love him ...surrounded by sh**hole countries, he's got Israel strong again and telling the PLO and Hamas to go "love" themselves!

These Islamo-Nazis need to go find someone else to torment.
sycasey
bearnation93 said:

Sure, here you go, Antifasycasey!

Yay, I feel seen.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Honestly guys you need to do a better job realizing when you are being trolled hard and stop feeding them.

Is it okay if I just find it enjoyable to tweak the trolls?
Another Bear

Anyone still think Trump isn't a racist? He needs the American-Nazi vote and he's courting it.
UrsaMajor
sycasey said:

Bad idea by Netanyahu. Trump won't be around forever and eventually they'll have to deal with another President, plus Congresspeople can be around for a long time. This creates long-term vulnerability for a questionable short-term gain.

So yeah, it's got Trump's fingerprints all over it.
Not from his perspective. All he cares about is winning to next election so he can stay out of jail (similarly with Trump). If this move helps him shore up his "base," then it's worth it.
sycasey
UrsaMajor said:

sycasey said:

Bad idea by Netanyahu. Trump won't be around forever and eventually they'll have to deal with another President, plus Congresspeople can be around for a long time. This creates long-term vulnerability for a questionable short-term gain.

So yeah, it's got Trump's fingerprints all over it.
Not from his perspective. All he cares about is winning to next election so he can stay out of jail (similarly with Trump). If this move helps him shore up his "base," then it's worth it.

Then it is a very Trumpian move indeed: short-term gain to his country's long-term detriment.
bearnation93
Calling people trolls tells me you've lost the debate because your position is a loser. Happy to debate substantive issues all day long but left wing people don't want to do that (because they innately know their arguments and policy positions are losers) and instead resort to calling people a litany of names like racist, bigot, sexist, this phobe or that phobe, Nazi, whatever your word of the day is. In fact, it use to be a serious charge or allegation for people, but it's such a default, knee jerk reaction from a leftie that you just chuckle to yourself and don't take it seriously anymore and simply move on to dealing with people and things that aren't crazed and irrational. Sad. Very sad.
bearnation93
The virulent anti-Semite/Jew-haters Omar and Talieb still have their full First Amendmend rights ... but they don't have a right to peddle their anti-Semitism in Israel just like we can bar people who hate our country from coming into the United States ... people don't have a right to literally come on my property and in my house and say bad things about me but they're perfectly free to stand on someone else's property and denounce me all day long. That's all that's happening here. First Amendment rights are still fully intact for the Jew-hating anti-Semites, like Omar and Talieb.
bearnation93
It's my pleasure!
Yogi011
bearnation93 said:

Calling people trolls tells me
that the label fits
Anarchistbear
Another Bear

The cartoon seems pretty fair but they're trying to tag this particular cartoon to other editorial cartoons this guy has done. I think people defending Israel in this situation can't win. You simply can't take money from an "ally" and diss an elected official from that country. Yes it was under the pressure of Trump...so now you get to eat the fall out.

Yes, everything Trump touches turns into shtt.
Another Bear

We got ourselves a HERO. Gotta love free expression and the first amendment, and a huge pair of balls. Great solo performance of political theater.

The hilarious part is the reaction of the Nazis, KKK and proud boys. What a bunch of weenies and fcckheads.

p.s.comments and other tweets are great. "He said you're cool to the dog."
calpoly
Another Bear said:

We got ourselves a HERO. Gotta love free expression and the first amendment, and a huge pair of balls. Great solo performance of political theater.

The hilarious part is the reaction of the Nazis, KKK and proud boys. What a bunch of weenies and fcckheads.

What I find hypocritical is that our president supports the white nationalist (KKK types) that HATE the jews and Israel and yet he chastises any Democrat that questions Israels policies toward the Palestinians. Talk about mixed messaging!
Another Bear
calpoly said:

What I find hypocritical is that our president supports the white nationalist (KKK types) that HATE the jews and Israel and yet he chastises any Democrat that questions Israels policies toward the Palestinians. Talk about mixed messaging!
Hate and hate alliances really have no logic, or what normal everyday people think makes sense. Hate as a lifestyle really makes no sense either or is fraught with major contradictions and rabbit holes. Ironic for sure but ultimately the whole concept is flawed...mostly because these idiots never have an exit plan...just hate and destruction. Look at their boy Hitler...no exit plan except the bunker and a pill.

On that note, the new leader of the Proud Boys is a Cuban guy (Enrique Tarrio) looks Afro-Cuban. There's also a leader who is Asian, Ngo. That makes no sense either given those proud asswholes want to exterminate them and are advocating for a white world. That contradiction is just as big and just as weird. Yeah it's freaking weird...and Tarrio was wearing U of O duck gear at the rally. No doubt Phil Knight is excited by that.

bearister
If ANTIFA stayed clear of Alt Right demonstrations the demonstrations would get no media coverage and those events would wither and die. Problem is that ANTIFA loves the attention too. Those movements wouldn't exist without one another.

With regard to the tRump/Jewish Americans/Israel issue, an article in the paper today said there is a real split in the Jewish community. Many believe that tRump and his supporters are going to end up even more on the wrong side of history than they presently are. What thinking man wants to be on the record as having hitched his wagon to that pending train wreck?
Anarchistbear
bearister said:

If ANTIFA stayed clear of Alt Right demonstrations the demonstrations would get no media coverage and those events would wither and die. Problem is that ANTIFA loves the attention too. Those movements wouldn't exist without one another.?

Low stakes posturing- the physical equivalent of twitter. If you want antifa demonstrations bring them to "fa enriched" targets- military bases, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, Silicon Valley
B.A. Bearacus

bearnation93
Not Jewish but love the Jewish people and the Jewish State of Israel. As a democracy and a country founded on Judeo-Christian values and Western culture, we share a kindred spirit with Israel and the Jewish faith.

What Israel has done as a nation in a very short period of time is nothing short of heroic and magnificent. They have turned a bunch of rock and sand into a beautiful, thriving part of the world. I have great admiration for that just like I do for formerly backwater countries like Singapore and South Korea. Wish the countries surrounding Israel would get their collective acts together and copy Israel's recipe for success and stop tormenting Israel and tormenting their own people.
concordtom
1. I nominate BA Bearacus and Bearister to the OT HOF! Thank you for your contributions!

2. Mention of Antifa here. I google images for Antifa and get stuff like this:

They do themselves a disservice by looking like a military unit!!!!!

3. I think anyone who shows up at a rally with a mask, a shield, body armor, or a stick should be subject to arrest. Pushing, warcking, throwing are illegal. That's not free speech.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Per THIS video, i don't respect this guy at all. But I do respect the restraint of the Proud Boys, who even pushed at least one of the more zealous members away from him.

We don't need this type of dialogue and interaction. I completely blame Trump for setting the tone!!!
UrsaMajor
bearnation93 said:

Not Jewish but love the Jewish people and the Jewish State of Israel. As a democracy and a country founded on Judeo-Christian values and Western culture, we share a kindred spirit with Israel and the Jewish faith.

What Israel has done as a nation in a very short period of time is nothing short of heroic and magnificent. They have turned a bunch of rock and sand into a beautiful, thriving part of the world. I have great admiration for that just like I do for formerly backwater countries like Singapore and South Korea. Wish the countries surrounding Israel would get their collective acts together and copy Israel's recipe for success and stop tormenting Israel and tormenting their own people.
I don't disagree with your characterization of Israel, nor do I disagree with the fact that there are countries in ME that are virulently anti-Israel. But be a little more accurate with your "facts." Israel is "surrounded" by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. Jordan and Egypt are hardly "tormenting" Israel, they are trading partners, etc. Syria, is a mess, and Lebanon is not an enemy, although Hezbollah is. The real problems lie elsewhere (e.g., Iran).
BearForce2
Anarchistbear said:

bearnation93 said:

The virulent anti-Semite/Jew-haters Omar and Talieb still have their full First Amendmend rights ... but they don't have a right to peddle their anti-Semitism in Israel just like we can bar people who hate our country from coming into the United States ... people don't have a right to literally come on my property and in my house and say bad things about me but they're perfectly free to stand on someone else's property and denounce me all day long. That's all that's happening here. First Amendment rights are still fully intact for the Jew-hating anti-Semites, like Omar and Talieb.

You sound like a Jew Lover to me.

I think if the US government gave you $3 billion dollars a year for maintenance on "your house" and you were locking up Palestinians in your basement somebody might want to see it.
That's a racist phrase.
bearnation93
UrsaMajor said:

bearnation93 said:

I don't disagree with your characterization of Israel, nor do I disagree with the fact that there are countries in ME that are virulently anti-Israel. But be a little more accurate with your "facts." Israel is "surrounded" by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. Jordan and Egypt are hardly "tormenting" Israel, they are trading partners, etc. Syria, is a mess, and Lebanon is not an enemy, although Hezbollah is. The real problems lie elsewhere (e.g., Iran).

The relationship Israel has with Egypt and Jordan is one of a begrudging tolerance afrer having been attacked by those countries multiple times in the past. To say they are trading partners is laughable...not much commerce (compared to what it should be for nations that are side-by-side such as U.S/Mexico or U.S./Canada) is exchanged between the countries. To be sure, there's still not much love at all shown towards Israel in any form by Egypt and the Hashemite Kingdom.

Sure, Syria is a mess but before it was a mess, Syria was still in a state of war with Israel, similar to the situation with North Korea and South Korea. To be sure, every one of the warring factions in Syria would love nothing more to wipe Israel off the face of the map. Israel has had to make many bombing missions in Syria during their civil war to knock out bad/evil actors threatening Israel.

Lebanon is de facto ruled and controlled by Hezbollah. Sadly, many Lebanese Christians have left the country since their 1970's civil war. In fact, Lebanon's largest plurality at that time was Christians. Sadly, a great majority of those people have left Lebanon due to the horrible takeover by Hezbollah. Now, virtually nothing happens in that country unless Hezbollah has given its blessing. The country is poised to be a major flashpoint with all of the rockets given to Hezbollah by Iran over the years to serve as their proxies on Israel's northern flank. Moreover, they have many seasoned fighters who have been fighting in Syria's civil war and are chomping at the bit to hit Israel like they did in the last mini-war.

You also forget the Arabs in Judea and Samaria (aka Palestinians in the West Bank). Like Lebanon, there were once many Arab Christians living in this area but those, too, have mostly left due to how the Muslim rulers have harshly treated them. Their education system is still hell-bent on demonizing Jews and Israel. A steady diet of hatefulness towards Israel, not to mention a stunningly corrupt regime that has eschewed each and every opportunity for a peace deal while horribly tormenting its own citizens in their one-party state. Yassir Arafat's widow lives very lavishly in Paris. The billions in foreign aid that has been stolen by its leaders instead of used to help its people is a travesty. And the Palestinian Authority still makes payments to families of suicide bombers. What a sick hell-hole society.

Speaking of unmitigated hell-holes, we can't forget Gaza, controlled by its Islamo-Nazi leadership. How many rockets have been fired into Israel since Israel withdrew from that area? Enough said. Every now and then, Israel is forced to "mow the grass" but sure hoping that next time they will go full war on Gaza and wipe these sickos out similar to how we utterly crushed Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany. Would be best if Egypt ruled this area like it once did.

Last but not least, while not directly adjacent to Israel by land but still right next door is Saudi Arabia which has been completely hostile to Israel for years although as of late there has been private cooperation due to their mutual interest in seeing that Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon.

With all of that said about the various Arab/Muslim countries noted above, is there any doubt that if the conditions were right -- similar to how the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, before and during World War II, cozied up to Hitler and the Nazis -- that these same countries wouldn't hesitate to destroy Israel? There is very little good will extended to Israel by any of these countries even when conditions aren't right. Only when these countries either reform their strains of Islam and start living in the 21st Century, or throw off Islam completely (as in convert to Christianity like past Roman emperors and kingdoms in Europe in the centuries following the Crucifixion of Christ) will they ever stop being a threat to Israel and will they ever become shining cities on a hill as Israel is today.

Another Bear
I was listening to KPFA today while in the car and they got into Reps. Talib and Omar and the ban...and I broke out laughing because one guest said Israel is an ethno-religious apartheid state, and not a democracy. I had to agree..but other countries in the region are the same, like Saudi Arabia...just no Palestine and occupied territory.
bearnation93
Another Bear said:

I was listening to KPFA today while in the car and they got into Reps. Talib and Omar and the ban...and I broke out laughing because one guest said Israel is an ethno-religious apartheid state, and not a democracy. I had to agree..but other countries in the region are the same, like Saudi Arabia...just no Palestine and occupied territory.

Contrary to the propaganda that you've been fed, Israel is a democracy...a real democracy with popularly elected Arabs serving in the Knesset. And Arabs have the same rights as Jews and those rights are just as jealously protected for them as for Jews. In fact, if you talk privately to many Arabs in Israel they would much prefer a Jewish government to an undemocratic, corrupt, tyrannical Arab government like the Palestinian Authority or other regional Arab governments.

Of course, I'm sure Jews living under Saudi and Palestinian and Lebanese/Hezbollah governing authorities would have thses same freedoms as Arabs in Israel...NOT!!!

And there is no occupied territory...Judea and Samaria have been Jewish lands way before any Arabs ever arrived on the scene. Have to know your history.
bearister
concordtom said:

1. I nominate BA Bearacus and Bearister to the OT HOF! Thank you for your contributions!

If I do make it in the HOF on the 8th ballot, I will choose B.A. Bearacus as my Presenter and I envision it looking something like this:

sycasey
bearnation93 said:

Contrary to the propaganda that you've been fed, Israel is a democracy...a real democracy with popularly elected Arabs serving in the Knesset.
That doesn't necessarily disprove that idea that the Palestinians are an oppressed minority. There were black people serving in Congress at the same time Jim Crow laws existed in the South.

bearnation93 said:

And there is no occupied territory
The UN and Red Cross would disagree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_territories
UrsaMajor
bearnation93 said:

Another Bear said:

Contrary to the propaganda that you've been fed, Israel is a democracy...a real democracy with popularly elected Arabs serving in the Knesset. And Arabs have the same rights as Jews and those rights are just as jealously protected for them as for Jews. In fact, if you talk privately to many Arabs in Israel they would much prefer a Jewish government to an undemocratic, corrupt, tyrannical Arab government like the Palestinian Authority or other regional Arab governments.

Of course, I'm sure Jews living under Saudi and Palestinian and Lebanese/Hezbollah governing authorities would have thses same freedoms as Arabs in Israel...NOT!!!

And there is no occupied territory...Judea and Samaria have been Jewish lands way before any Arabs ever arrived on the scene. Have to know your history.
That's a specious argument. Judea and Samaria were Canaanite well before they were Jewish. The United States was Native American (or First Nation) well before the white man came. Does that mean you have no rights here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.