Democratic Primary - Who do you support?

5,113 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

It's amusing when ex-Republicans voice opinions on the Democratic primary.

And why is that?

Because Bennett / Klobuchar is amusing
Please tell me why that is amusing to you?
No, really. Please explain.

I've read countless times on these pages how if Dems swing too far left in an effort to win over the left most wing of the Democratic Party, they will ostracize themselves from the Moderates in this county who may, in turn, sit out the election, or outright vote their perceived pocketbook interests (like Wife/WIAF).
I've read countless times on these pages how Dems should, rather, nominate moderates to assure themselves of the election. This is precisely why everyone has been flocking to Biden!
Granted, Bennet/Klobuchar are not household names. But it may not actually take a household name to defeat Trump. Just someone who can come off as competent, experienced, not too old and not too young, and not radically too far left.

So, tell me, why is that such a cause for amusement?

Because the campaign has been going for some time now and actual Democrats have shown no interest in them. Their polling is about 1% and the only things their staffs should be discussing is when to pull the plug.
American Vermin
concordtom
bearister said:

"Bill Weld sent us!"

tRump's last stand at Mar a Lago

Yo! I've been citing the name of Mussolini for at least 2 years now!!!!!
concordtom
dajo9 said:

Because the campaign has been going for some time now and actual Democrats have shown no interest in them. Their polling is about 1% and the only things their staffs should be discussing is when to pull the plug. I'm

Well, that answer would basically be saying that the election is to be held in September 2019. I liked BearsWiin's answer better.

But I'm still getting to know candidates, thank you.
Yogi14
BearsWiin said:

Professor Turgeson Bear said:

BearsWiin said:

It's time for fire and brimstone. Torches and pitchforks. Buy guillotine futures. A reckoning is coming. Warren is going to drag this country kicking and screaming into the 21 century, and even WIAF will be happy about it in ten years, if he doesn't hurl himself off a ledge in a manic fit of pocketbook despair next November 8
So you gave up on Mayor Pete?
I haven't given up on anybody.

Well, except you
Scathing
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Because the campaign has been going for some time now and actual Democrats have shown no interest in them. Their polling is about 1% and the only things their staffs should be discussing is when to pull the plug. I'm

Well, that answer would basically be saying that the election is to be held in September 2019. I liked BearsWiin's answer better.

But I'm still getting to know candidates, thank you.
The candidates have all had plenty of opportunities to catch on by this point. No one outside of Biden, Bernie and Warren has really caught any interest. We are a few months away from the primaries and absent some massive changes (like all 3 front-runners plus Harris being caught in the same scandal), I don't see how any of the other candidates could ever have a chance. As far as I'm concerned outside the top 3, everyone is running for Vice President, a cabinet position or to build a national reputation for future opportunities.
BearsWiin

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

It's time for fire and brimstone. Torches and pitchforks. Buy guillotine futures. A reckoning is coming. Warren is going to drag this country kicking and screaming into the 21 century, and even WIAF will be happy about it in ten years, if he doesn't hurl himself off a ledge in a manic fit of pocketbook despair next November 8

Well, except you
Scathing
Not meant to be scathing, just dismissive
Big C
Elizabeth Warren. Seems to want to be President because she feels a calling to change things. An "OKG". She is farther to the left than I am, in general, but, at this point, I don't care anymore.

Harris, on the other hand, seems too calculating, like she wants to be President because she is driven to succeed, personally. Reminds me, sort of, of Wilcox's non-OKGs who "love being football players".

Biden, meh, but if he gets the nomination, I'll be a big supporter.

Bernie Sanders. So four years ago.

Mayor Pete. Whip smart and talks great! Hey, do something on a larger stage and come back in ten years.

Bottom line, any non-Republican who doesn't get out and vote for the Demo candidate in the general election ought to have their freaking head examined.
dajo9
BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Well, except you
Scathing
The opposite of love is indifference
American Vermin
Yogi14
BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Well, except you
Scathing
That's nice
BearNIt
Joe Biden. It is because of him that Idiot in Chief will be limited to one term. He has done what no other person could do.
prospeCt
4 b'ster, what is the distinct decades-long connection between 'the Duellists' & Telegraph @ Channing, canct find a clip; drink at McNally's or Kingfish plus first set on the jukebox

http://www.sactownmag.com/April-May-2018/The-Curious-Case-of-William-T-Vollmann/
bearister
Don't know the connection between corner below and The Duellists.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt
you must have seen the duelling tarot readers who hung for years each with card table, sign, I believe one may have been blind, Rasputin meets Tiresias, catacorner NE/SW, eventually to be displaced by Mrs Fields, and the tarot reading in the movie for the camp-follower, ". . . strife without reason . . . "

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/ridley-scotts-brilliant-first-film

bearister
Mrs. Fields was two classes below me at O'Dowd.

prospeCt

"The Duellists (1977). Directed by Ridley Scott. A film about honor and duels during the Napoleonic wars with Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine. Excellent swordplay and costume drama. Short tarot reading with 1JJ deck. The soundtrack also has a piece called "Tarot." Well worth watching.

"The Two of Swords, reversed. Strife without reason, a quarrel pursued for its own sake. Does this suggest your problem? . . .
Seven of Cups. It would seem that you must make a difficult choice. . . . The Moon. The Moon is a symbol of solitude. There is the path you must take, which is the path of instinct. Everyone who travels on that path travels alone."
"Between the two dogs. Do I leave them both behind?"
"You must answer your own questions now. You're alone.""

https://marykgreer.com/2008/10/21/tv-movie-tarot-watch-list/

bearister
Observations:
1. Harvey Keitel, aka Mr. Wolf, is a classic cinematic psycho. The original Bad Lieutenant is a must see;
2. Keith Carradine was a natural cinematic hero;
3. Diana Quick, Albert Finney's longtime girlfriend, was sexy as Hell.

THE END
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.