Off Topic
Sponsored by

Elizabeth Holmes thread.

18,189 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by prospeCt
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Finally watched the documentary about her. I've been following her career a bit on and off since 2014. The few bits and pieces on here about her are obviously not complimentary.

Just started "Bad Blood" Conspiracy's are somewhat of a hobby for me, so I'm probably going to read everything I can about her. Would love to peruse any active discussion threads about Holmes/Theranos, but the Redditt one is dead, and after asking around, I. Suspect Holmes or persons supporting her are working to keep any fresh info about her from appearing.

Knowing I can post anything within reason about a failed furd on this board, please feel free to chime in, especially any former employees.
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Finally watched the documentary about her. I've been following her career a bit on and off since 2014. The few bits and pieces on here about her are obviously not complimentary.

Just started "Bad Blood" Conspiracy's are somewhat of a hobby for me, so I'm probably going to read everything I can about her. Would love to peruse any active discussion threads about Holmes/Theranos, but the Redditt one is dead, and after asking around, I. Suspect Holmes or persons supporting her are working to keep any fresh info about her from appearing.

Knowing I can post anything within reason about a failed furd on this board, please feel free to chime in, especially any former employees.
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ccajon2 said:


Finally watched the documentary about her. I've been following her career a bit on and off since 2014. The few bits and pieces on here about her are obviously not complimentary.

Just started "Bad Blood" Conspiracy's are somewhat of a hobby for me, so I'm probably going to read everything I can about her. Would love to peruse any active discussion threads about Holmes/Theranos, but the Redditt one is dead, and after asking around, I. Suspect Holmes or persons supporting her are working to keep any fresh info about her from appearing.

Knowing I can post anything within reason about a failed furd on this board, please feel free to chime in, especially any former employees.

The book reads like a novel as opposed to a documentary. Excellent read. Amazing how she could carry it out and get investments years in to a non product. She and Sunny are pretty much pond scum with the way they treated employees who were very credible.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if she would blink during a game of Russian Roulette?



*Pictured here practicing her filibuster like apology to ripped off investors during her sentencing hearing.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As some have pointed out, she would've made a lot of money from the pandemic.
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ccajon2 said:


Finally watched the documentary about her. I've been following her career a bit on and off since 2014. The few bits and pieces on here about her are obviously not complimentary.

Just started "Bad Blood" Conspiracy's are somewhat of a hobby for me, so I'm probably going to read everything I can about her. Would love to peruse any active discussion threads about Holmes/Theranos, but the Redditt one is dead, and after asking around, I. Suspect Holmes or persons supporting her are working to keep any fresh info about her from appearing.

Knowing I can post anything within reason about a failed furd on this board, please feel free to chime in, especially any former employees.

It seems like the Theranos fraud was one of the worst kept secrets. I have some really close friends who are executives at medical device and diagnostic companies. What I was hearing from these folks at different companies even early in the process was that what she was proposing (a pin drop of blood) was not lining up with the science. And when they heard her explain the technology on TV, they told me it sounded like an English major talking about medicine with no knowledge of science. With the sensitivity of tests, especially immunoassay but even chemistry and hematology tests, I was told that a pin drop would not provide a reliable result that would clear FDA review of the clinical trial results. Companies like Abbott and Siemens were not requiring vials of blood for their machines because they are sadists but because that is the only way to get accurate results when the diagnostic results could determine whether someone is confirmed to have had a heart attack and needed immediate invasive surgery or someone is determined to have the HIV virus. But of course, VCs liked that she looked like Jobs and thought what worked for Apple could scale to medicine.

I think the reason that there is no additional news is that she is old news now.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only person that can out not blink her is British actor Robert Powell in the excellent mini series Jesus of Nazareth (1977).

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calbear93 said:

Ccajon2 said:


Finally watched the documentary about her. I've been following her career a bit on and off since 2014. The few bits and pieces on here about her are obviously not complimentary.

Just started "Bad Blood" Conspiracy's are somewhat of a hobby for me, so I'm probably going to read everything I can about her. Would love to peruse any active discussion threads about Holmes/Theranos, but the Redditt one is dead, and after asking around, I. Suspect Holmes or persons supporting her are working to keep any fresh info about her from appearing.

Knowing I can post anything within reason about a failed furd on this board, please feel free to chime in, especially any former employees.

It seems like the Theranos fraud was one of the worst kept secrets. I have some really close friends who are executives at medical device and diagnostic companies. What I was hearing from these folks at different companies even early in the process was that what she was proposing (a pin drop of blood) was not lining up with the science. And when they heard her explain the technology on TV, they told me it sounded like an English major talking about medicine with no knowledge of science. With the sensitivity of tests, especially immunoassay but even chemistry and hematology tests, I was told that a pin drop would not provide a reliable result that would clear FDA review of the clinical trial results. Companies like Abbott and Siemens were not requiring vials of blood for their machines because they are sadists but because that is the only way to get accurate results when the diagnostic results could determine whether someone is confirmed to have had a heart attack and needed immediate invasive surgery or someone is determined to have the HIV virus. But of course, VCs liked that she looked like Jobs and thought what worked for Apple could scale to medicine.

I think the reason that there is no additional news is that she is old news now.
She is supposed to come to trial in July. I suspect that will be postponed. The reason a drop of blood was so important to her, and not to her employees, was her love of Apple, Jobs, and the design of Apple products. Her machine had to be smooth looking like an Apple product and everything had to fit inside. Not possible as you point out, but insisted on, as by her.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
" Her machine had to be smooth looking like an Apple product and everything had to fit inside."

Perhaps the Federal Department of Prisons will take that into account with regard to the design and decor of her penitentiary cell.

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I also watched the documentary recently (commented on it here, I think on the "binge" thread on Growls).

It was very good. Wow, she gave me the creeps, geez the one part where somebody interviewed with her and said she didn't seem to blink during the whole interview. The camera work in the documentary really played this up, her eyes and all. Almost enough to give somebody nightmares.

Amazing the number of seemingly credible people she had totally duped.

I guess if I was left with one question, it would be this: I don't think she planned from the beginning to be a fraud. Rather, she initially seriously hoped/expected that the technology would at some point catch up with her vision. The interesting part is, when was the turning point and what was going on in her mind over that period? Because towards the end, it was just one big cover up, My guess would be she was in a state of denial for a long period, but when did that change?.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too bad Lizzie didn't burn some Russian investors. They would have found her body shrink wrapped and footless at the bottom of a reservoir.

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
LMK5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read Bad Blood. Very interesting read. The main surprise for me was how many notable scientific people were vouching for her till the end.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elizabeth Holmes during direct examination by her attorney last week:



Elizabeth Holmes during cross examination by prosecutor after Thanksgiving break:





“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She's crazy, but I would.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

She's crazy, but I would.


….and the whole time you were Making the Beast, she would be starring at you, unblinkingly, making a pitch to solicit your investment funds.

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Too bad Lizzie didn't burn some Russian investors. They would have found her body shrink wrapped and footless at the bottom of a reservoir.




Yeah, but their semen would have been found preserved inside her, and CeCe Moore would have been able to identify them in less than 4 hours using GEDmatch.

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think you may have "out darked" me….and I take some solace in that.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol
Thank you!
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The decision from Holmes to take the stand came largely as a surprise, since it opens her to risky questioning from prosecutors over possible inconsistencies in her numerous public statements."

Elizabeth Holmes resumes testimony in Theranos fraud trial


https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/nov/22/elizabeth-holmes-resumes-testimony-in-theranos-trial?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other



“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are live cameras in this court, too?
Where to hear?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elizabeth Holmes admits she doctored Theranos lab reports



https://mol.im/a/10234989

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lizzy's defense team is going to claim she has PTSD from an abusive relationship with her bidness pard and boyfriend and that he made her do that fraudy stuff.

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three Questions:

1. Do you think the jury will kick her in the creek?

2. When the verdict is read, if it is guilty, will she blink?


3. If she is remanded to a Federal Penitentiary, will Mark Burnett contact her about a reality TV show?



"Hoosegow Hussies"
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?


…and on:

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:


I'm sure you're hitting refresh on his Twitter feed every 30 seconds waiting for an update.
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:



https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/trump-tweets-alt-right-leader-who-praised-white-supremacist-richard-spencer-650852%3famp=1
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elizabeth Holmes fraud trial: jury begins second week of deliberations


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/27/elizabeth-holmes-fraud-trial-jury-deliberations?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*If she gets convicted, will she smile in her post trial booking photo?
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

hanky1 said:

She's crazy, but I would.


….and the whole time you were Making the Beast, she would be starring at you, unblinkingly, making a pitch to solicit your investment funds.


Her ability to not-blink and to keep up appearances are a direct result of mainlining
Steve Perry

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I wonder if she would blink during a game of Russian Roulette?



*Pictured here practicing her filibuster like apology to ripped off investors during her sentencing hearing.

I once saw her interviewed on TV as the next Big Thing.
I was struck by how low her voice was and the turtle neck she was wearing.
I'm not surprised that "janky" would still Make the Beast with her.

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nail the Dancing Queen for something.

https://abc7news.com/elizabeth-holmes-jury-unable-to-reach-unanimous-verdict-on-3-counts/11421160/

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They should close down Stanfurd for creating this monster and Brock Turner.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Seen here practicing the Malocchio for the jury foreman.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jury reaches verdict in Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes's trial - The Washington Post


https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/01/03/elizabeth-holmes-trial-verdict/





Inside the weird world of disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes



https://mol.im/a/10358929
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The ex Furd swindled Betsy DeVos out of $100M. I'm sure her brother, Erik, will be happy to sent a contingent of Academi lads to greet her and drive her home when she gets paroled.

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Last Page
Page 1 of 4 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.