Please flag any posts with personal attacks/name calling/shaming

11,386 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by oski003
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
It's the Flag icon on the lower right-hand side. If you see it, please flag it and we will moderate.

Thanks!
SBGold
You have a lot to moderate with H2P, Bancroft Bear, oneNote, BearForce, Patel and LMK5
Yogi37
SBGold said:

You have a lot to moderate with H2P, Bancroft Bear, oneNote, BearForce, Patel and LMK5
That's an interesting observation, Mac

BearForce2
SBGold said:

Peace to the middle east man. We moderate for peace.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
helltopay1
Mods: I don't mind if yaks calls me dumb...but, when he calls me a "dumb *******, I believe he has violated the rule against "name calling." I trust you will pay him a little visit???
BearForce2
helltopay1 said:

Mods: I don't mind if yaks calls me dumb...but, when he calls me a "dumb *******, I believe he has violated the rule against "name calling." I trust you will pay him a little visit???
The offenders and the mods are the same people.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
SBGold said:

No - these fine gentlemen are safe because when they name call it's directed at groups of people. Or something…
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags

This forum has got to be one of the biggest cesspools of malcontents that I've ever seen.
I genuinely doubt if half of these posters actually attended or graduated from CAL.
But if they did, it's terribly embarrassing.

Do the Administrators and Owners of this site care if people who never were a student at CAL, post here?
Or are they merely a slave to web-hits and web-traffic at all costs?

BearForce2
Quote:

This forum has got to be one of the biggest cesspools of malcontents that I've ever seen.
I genuinely doubt if half of these posters actually attended or graduated from CAL.

Do the Administrators and Owners of this site care if people who never were a student at CAL, post here?

DiabloWags
BearForce hasnt posted in nearly 72 hours.
Isnt anyone worried about him?

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Does it count if we didn't attend Cal but our otherwise "inheritance" is going toward funding Cal professorships and other Cal programs???

Go Bears!
concordtom
Please flag any posts with personal attacks/name calling/shamingBearGreg said:

"Please flag any posts with personal attacks/name calling/shaming"

It's the Flag icon on the lower right-hand side. If you see it, please flag it and we will moderate.

Thanks!
I just thought I'd point out....
you said in this post that you wanted us to flag offensive posts.

But then in the recent post you are considering taking down OT because (among other reasons) it takes too much time to moderate all the complaints.

Hmmm...
I wonder what type of solution we can come up with.
-Peace.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Please flag any posts with personal attacks/name calling/shamingBearGreg said:

"Please flag any posts with personal attacks/name calling/shaming"

Thanks!
I just thought I'd point out....
you said in this post that you wanted us to flag offensive posts.

But then in the recent post you are considering taking down OT because (among other reasons) it takes too much time to moderate all the complaints.

Hmmm...
I wonder what type of solution we can come up with.
-Peace.

I would wholeheartedly AGREE with the thought process behind Tom's post.
At the end of the day, either there is active moderation of posts or there isnt.

dajo9
Please provide a mechanism for flagging private messages so that when I am called a "flaming homo" by helltopay1 or threatened with violence I can flag the message. Honestly, I am surprised helltopay1 is still posting here after sending messages like that.
Thank you.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

Please provide a mechanism for flagging private messages so that when I am called a "flaming homo" by helltopay1 or threatened with violence I can flag the message. Honestly, I am surprised helltopay1 is still posting here after sending messages like that.
Thank you.

I agree that is asinine. Perhaps, screenshot and report? You do realize you are taunting with the whole he/she thing, right?
AunBear89
dajo9 said:

Thank you.

Greg's also cool with doxxing threats via dm. Helltopay informed me that he is actually retired LVPD (should be LVMPD, but that's splitting hairs) and that he could have my name, SS# , and all other important identification information in a matter of minutes. Greg said it was my fault because I accused helltopay of performative nonsense and not being very smart in a dm. I'm guessing you deserved the abuse, too.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Thank you.

I agree that is asinine. Perhaps, screenshot and report? You do realize you are taunting with the whole he/she thing, right?

Htp told me Htp was having trans issues. Out of respect for Htp I began calling Htp "she". Via private message Htp let me know that Htp did not want to be called "she" so I have stopped. Unfortunately Htp was unable to express that wish without directing homophobic slurs at me and threatening violence against me. Htp did not tell me what pronouns Htp prefers so I am currently not using pronouns when referencing Htp. I am more than willing to use any pronouns Htp wishes for me to use. I support Htp but I do not support the messages of Htp's private messages.
American Vermin
AunBear89
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Thank you.

Oh, then I guess it's cool. I keep forgetting what quivering snowflakes so many of you tough guy conservatives really are.
dajo9
AunBear89 said:

dajo9 said:

Thank you.

Greg's also cool with doxxing threats via dm. Helltopay informed me that he is actually retired LVPD (should be LVMPD, but that's splitting hairs) and that he could have my name, SS# , and all other important identification information in a matter of minutes. Greg said it was my fault because I accused helltopay of performative nonsense and not being very smart in a dm. I'm guessing you deserved the abuse, too.

That is very concerning that this site is ok with enabling abusers
American Vermin
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

BearForce hasnt posted in nearly 72 hours.
Isnt anyone worried about him?

estoy aqui mi amor
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Thank you.

Htp told me Htp was having trans issues. Out of respect for Htp I began calling Htp "she". Via private message Htp let me know that Htp did not want to be called "she" so I have stopped. Unfortunately Htp was unable to express that wish without directing homophobic slurs at me and threatening violence against me. Htp did not tell me what pronouns Htp prefers so I am currently not using pronouns when referencing Htp. I am more than willing to use any pronouns Htp wishes for me to use. I support Htp but I do not support the messages of Htp's private messages.

There is no higher ground I guess. Sounds like you are in a race to the bottom. Good luck.
oski003
This is awful behavior by a poster, and I believe fellow grad. This is because I disagreed him over what I thought was a misleading video about police stopping and asking someone to exit their video. He is intolerant of other views.

"You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding."
DiabloWags
Yawn.

Posts get flagged and Moderators dont do anything. They couldnt care any less. Neither does the owner.

These posts were flagged and are still up.

From Feb. 15th, 2023 from Oski003:

"Looks like this idiotic clown moron purposely chose 6 months. Choose 1 year or 5, and the pattern shows it worth much more than the dip in early 2022 and where it has been historically the last 5 years. Hahahahaaaaaa!!! Idiotic clown moron. Hahahahaaaaaa!!!""

And this recently from Calbear93 that was brought to BearGreg's attention on May 11, 2023 via PM:

"From now, you are just small Dick wags."

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/114436/2

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Yawn.

Posts get flagged and Moderators dont do anything. They couldnt care any less. Neither does the owner.

These posts were flagged and are still up.

From Feb. 15th, 2023 from Oski003:

"Looks like this idiotic clown moron purposely chose 6 months. Choose 1 year or 5, and the pattern shows it worth much more than the dip in early 2022 and where it has been historically the last 5 years. Hahahahaaaaaa!!! Idiotic clown moron. Hahahahaaaaaa!!!""

And this recently from Calbear93 that was brought to BearGreg's attention on May 11, 2023 via PM:

"From now, you are just small Dick wags."

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/114436/2

My post was a parody of your posts. It was in response to you calling others idiots and morons. You need to be aware of what you post.
AunBear89
Edit
BearHunter
AunBear89 said:

Edit

AunBear89
BearHunter said:

AunBear89 said:

Edit

DiabloWags
The Trolls have Won.

Not sure what their "end" game is, but there is no genuine interest in engaging in an honest discussion.
This place is a 100% cesspool.

What an embarrassment to the University of Calilfornia

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
smh
BearGreg said:

yeah riight
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Eastern Oregon Bear
smh said:

BearGreg said:

yeah riight
Clearly it's a false flag operation.
DiabloWags
Greg, since when is telling a fellow poster to "f-off" acceptable?

Oski003 should be banned.

He's had a history of trolling and shaming in this forum. Yet nothing is ever done. One of the reasons I left OT.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/115312/replies/2187931#2187931

BearHunter
oski003
DiabloWags said:

He's had a history of trolling and shaming in this forum. Yet nothing is ever done. One of the reasons I left OT.

Welcome back to off-topic. Aunbear89 came into a legitimate topic and posted nothing substantive besides challenging me and calling me a name. I requested he reply with something substantive or shut the f up, which is a perfectly reasonable request.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Welcome back to off-topic. Aunbear89 came into a legitimate topic and posted nothing substantive besides challenging me and calling me a name. I requested he reply with something substantive or shut the f up, which is a perfectly reasonable request.

Sadly, you continue to make excuses for your inappropriate behavior and violations of the terms of service here.

You sound like a 4th grader yellling "But he did it too!" to rationalize why you told someone to "shut the f up" in the thread highlighted above and below:

Once again you play the blame game . . . shirking any responsibility whatsoever for your OWN behavior.
People have grown sick of your childishness and name-calling.
It's one of the primary reasons why OT has become a dump.

Grow up.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Sadly, you continue to make excuses for your inappropriate behavior and violations of the terms of service here.

You sound like a 4th grader yellling "But he did it too!" to rationalize why you told someone to "shut the f up" in the thread highlighted above and below:

Once again you play the blame game . . . shirking any responsibility whatsoever for your OWN behavior.
People have grown sick of your childishness and name-calling.
It's one of the primary reasons why OT has become a dump.

Grow up.

Are there instances where I call people names who aren't constantly belittling and putting down others? You are the second biggest name calling abuser. I am very civil with the 95% of posters who don't abuse the forum rules. You are in the 5% who do.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.