hydroxychloroquine works

30,713 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's a leading epidemiologist on hydroxychloroquine citing a paper he published (as well as several others that followed) in the world's top epidemiology journal. Basically hydroxychloroquine works to save COVID lives.

So why is the MSM trying to denigrate this solution that would save lives? Because they hate Trump and are willing to kill hundreds of thousands of people So that it will make him look bad so he doesn't win the election. COVID is really no big deal because we have the solution in our hands. What I underestimated is the tenacity, ruthlessness, and pure evil of those with Trump Derangement Syndrome who hate him so much that they are willing to kill hundreds of thousands of their countrymen to get him out of office. Pure evil.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535
hanky1
Also Fauci is an idiot who's spent 45 years in Washington. He is more politician than doctor. Please pull your head out of your arse and stop worshiping this false idol.
okaydo
Republicans gave us Fauci.

He was appointed by Reagan in 1984, called a hero by Bush 1 during the 1988 presidential debate, give the presidential medal of freedom along with Ben Carson by Bush 2 in 2005 and made a national figure (and scapegoat) by Trump in 2020.

Thank you republicans.

Vote Biden!
BearNIt
hanky1 said:

Also Fauci is an idiot who's spent 45 years in Washington. He is more politician than doctor. Please pull your head out of your arse and stop worshiping this false idol.
Didn't you say, you were right and "COVID no big deal".?Apparently the FDA isn't all that enthusiastic about hydroxychloroquine. If I'm going to listen to someone it's going to be someone who has a reputation for working years in a specific specialty, has the requisite knowledge, expertise, and licensing to comment on what works versus what doesn't work.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Newsweek is not something that physicians are routinely seen reading for the latest treatment protocols.
hanky1
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

Didn't you say, you were right and "COVID no big deal".?Apparently the FDA isn't all that enthusiastic about hydroxychloroquine. If I'm going to listen to someone it's going to be someone who has a reputation for working years in a specific specialty, has the requisite knowledge, expertise, and licensing to comment on what works versus what doesn't work.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

This website basically says hydroxychloroquine works but just don't be an idiot while using it. In general, you shouldn't be an idiot taking any medications even aspirin. Aspirin can kill you.

okaydo
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

Newsweek is not something that physicians are routinely seen reading for the latest treatment protocols.

Hanky is the Clay Travis of BI.
drizzlybears brother
hanky1 said:

Here's a leading epidemiologist on hydroxychloroquine citing a paper he published (as well as several others that followed) in the world's top epidemiology journal. Basically hydroxychloroquine works to save COVID lives.

So why is the MSM trying to denigrate this solution that would save lives? Because they hate Trump and are willing to kill hundreds of thousands of people So that it will make him look bad so he doesn't win the election. COVID is really no big deal because we have the solution in our hands. What I underestimated is the tenacity, ruthlessness, and pure evil of those with Trump Derangement Syndrome who hate him so much that they are willing to kill hundreds of thousands of their countrymen to get him out of office. Pure evil.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535
You feel strongly. What is it about this reference that you find so much more compelling than all the others you found?
Go!Bears
drizzlybears brother said:

hanky1 said:

You feel strongly. What is it about this reference that you find so much more compelling than all the others you found?
It's not just Newsweek, there is this doctor
https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine
BearNIt
hanky1 said:

BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

This website basically says hydroxychloroquine works but just don't be an idiot while using it. In general, you shouldn't be an idiot taking any medications even aspirin. Aspirin can kill you.

Per FDA: 6/15/20

We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met.

Per FDA: 7/1/20

A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2020/OSE%20Review_Hydroxychloroquine-Cholorquine%20-%2019May2020_Redacted.pdf

As far as Aspirin being able to kill, it can but there are some 40+ million people who take low dose Aspirin to prevent cardiovascular mortality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5718934/

bearister
How Quack Doctors And Powerful GOP Operatives Spread Misinformation To Millions | HuffPost

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-quack-doctors-and-powerful-gop-operatives-spread-misinformation-to-millions_n_5f208048c5b66859f1f33148

*I actually hope all members of the tRump Family take liberal amounts of hydroxychloroquine
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
chazzed
I'm sure I you'll take some if you get COVID-19. Right?

janky1's next topic will cite some questionable study (culled from Breitbart or Fox) that says masks do more harm than good.
Krugman Is A Moron
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hydroxychloroquine-to-treat-covid-19-evidence-cant-seem-to-kill-it/
B.A. Bearacus
calbear93
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met.

A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2020/OSE%20Review_Hydroxychloroquine-Cholorquine%20-%2019May2020_Redacted.pdf

As far as Aspirin being able to kill, it can but there are some 40+ million people who take low dose Aspirin to prevent cardiovascular mortality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5718934/

I read somewhere that dead people are less likely to catch COVID-19, and that even people who had COVID-19, once they die, basically become symptom free. They did mention that death may be a side effect to dying but they are still doing some research. Someone should tell Trump that there is a likely cure, but he may have already been suggesting this cure when he told people to maybe inject Lysol.
bearister
I'll take the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins and Harvard Medical School and you can have your guys and a lifetime supply of Hydroxychloroquine (which actually isn't very much).
calbear93
bearister said:

I'll take the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School and you can have your guys and a lifetime supply of Hydroxychloroquine (which actually isn't very much).
Whoever heard of Mayo Clinic or Harvard Medical School. Sounds fishy to me. Show me a tweet by them that has been retweeted by the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES, and I may believe they actually exist and take them seriously.
Big C

There ARE some reputable people -- I'm not talking about Trump -- throughout the world who claim it is effective against COVID-19. One of the arguments as to why it is having the kibosh put on it here is that it is cheap and plentiful and therefore Big Pharma won't be making big moolah on it.

Note that I'm not saying that there is a preponderance of evidence that it works, just that there is a decent chance. It'll be interesting, a few years down the road, to see how all this turns out. (Plus, I'll be able to go out for beers again and not have to wear a stupid mask every time I leave the house.)
calbear93
Big C said:

There ARE some reputable people -- I'm not talking about Trump -- throughout the world who claim it is effective against COVID-19. One of the arguments as to why it is having the kibosh put on it here is that it is cheap and plentiful and therefore Big Pharma won't be making big moolah on it.

Note that I'm not saying that there is a preponderance of evidence that it works, just that there is a decent chance. It'll be interesting, a few years down the road, to see how all this turns out. (Plus, I'll be able to go out for beers again and not have to wear a stupid mask every time I leave the house.)
Really? You cannot give any weight to any conspiracy theory that some in the government are gravely getting us into a recession, huge deficit, material weakening of the dollar and all those death without anyone doing an expose because they want to help pharma like Pfizer that until TCJA was going to become an Irish company, can you? I mean, that would be like spending the rest their lives in prison and they and their family living in eternal ignominy. What would be the motivation? Some campaign funding?
Big C
calbear93 said:

Big C said:

Really? You cannot give any weight to any conspiracy theory that some in the government are gravely getting us into a recession, huge deficit, material weakening of the dollar and all those death without anyone doing an expose because they want to help pharma like Pfizer that until TCJA was going to become an Irish company, can you? I mean, that would be like spending the rest their lives in prison and they and their family living in eternal ignominy. What would be the motivation? Some campaign funding?

If Big Pharma is putting the kibosh on it -- I'm not saying they are, just that there's a chance -- it would be more subtle than that. Big money often does influence the practice of medicine in this country.

The if-you-like-HCLQ-you-must-like-Trump factor also could play in. And, of course, it might just be that it doesn't work (the most likely scenario). If I had COVID, though, and there was nothing else to take, I might take it under a doctor's supervision.
calbear93
Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

If Big Pharma is putting the kibosh on it -- I'm not saying they are, just that there's a chance -- it would be more subtle than that. Big money often does influence the practice of medicine in this country.

The if-you-like-HCLQ-you-must-like-Trump factor also could play in. And, of course, it might just be that it doesn't work (the most likely scenario). If I had COVID, though, and there was nothing else to take, I might take it under a doctor's supervision.
That would violate Anti-Kickback and False Claims Act if Big Pharma influenced doctors in such an obvious way (especially doctors who bill Medicare), and those contributions could be apparent in disclosure required by the Sunshine Act. I understand that there are still some subtle influences on peddling their medicine, but I doubt it would get to the level of suppressing a potential cure for COVID-19.
Cal88
Raoult's hydroxychloroquine treatment paired with azythromycin and zinc supplement has been proven to be highly effective against SARS-CoV-2.

The biological mechanisms of HCQ working against the infection have been established, it acts in four different ways. The primary one is as an adjuvant that allows zinc to penetrate into the cell and block the reproduction of the covid virus. That's why zinc supplements are often added to the treatment.

HCQ has successfully been used as the weapon of choice in many countries against this epidemic, being systematically administered in several countries including:Russia, Greece, Israel, Turkey, Morocco, Algeria, Jordan, Romania, Ukraine, Portugal, Senegal and over a dozen other African countries. All these countries have had very low mortality rates and a great deal of success using HCQ.

Covid death rate per 100,000 people comparison between Spain and its Iberian neighbor Portugal, which has mandated HCQ, while Spain has not:

Spain: 60.6
Portugal: 16.8

In countries like France where HCQ has been used extensively at the local level in the south and very sparingly in the rest of the country, the death rates were 1/7th the national rate.

Cal88
calbear93 said:

Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

That would violate Anti-Kickback and False Claims Act if Big Pharma influenced doctors in such an obvious way (especially doctors who bill Medicare), and those contributions could be apparent in disclosure required by the Sunshine Act. I understand that there are still some subtle influences on peddling their medicine, but I doubt it would get to the level of suppressing a potential cure for COVID-19.

There is nothing subtle about the PR and advertising budget of big pharma, which IIRC amounts to $30 billion per year in the US alone.
Cal88
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

This is where the anti-HCQ discourse completely falls apart.

This drug has been administered over a billion times for the past 65 years, and sold over the counter in most countries as an effective anti-malarial drug, as well as a permanent treatment for lupus and severe arthritis.

Its side effects are very well documented, and the risks well known. Any pharmacist or doctor from countries where this drug has been widely prescribed for decades would scoff at the notion that it is in any way nearly as dangerous as the FDA and other American medical establishment outlets claim.

Among the thousands of patients treated for covid with HCQ in France, fewer than 1 in 500 have shown any issues with the QT heart arrhythmia.

HCQ side effects are very minor for people who use it as a chronic treatment, they're only an issue for those who use it permanently like arthritis and lupus patients.
golden sloth
Top members of the President's Coronavirus Taskforce say:
Quote:

On Wednesday Dr Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the White House coronavirus task force, told the BBC that hydroxychloroquine was not effective against the virus.

"We know that every single good study - and by good study I mean randomised control study in which the data are firm and believable - has shown that hydroxychloroquine is not effective in the treatment of Covid-19," he said.
This Food and Drug Administration has:
Quote:

Last month, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cautioned against using the drug to treat coronavirus patients, following reports of "serious heart rhythm problems" and other health issues.

The FDA also revoked its emergency-use authorisation for the drug to treat Covid-19.
And the World Health Organization has:
Quote:

The World Health Organization (WHO) says "there is currently no proof" that it is effective as a treatment or prevents Covid-19.
Three leading health and drug organizations are all saying the same thing, that Hydroxychloroquine is not effective. If you believe this is a cover-up operation by the mainstream media, you are wrong.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53575964
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

There is nothing subtle about the PR and advertising budget of big pharma, which IIRC amounts to $30 billion per year in the US alone.
You are talking about two different things.

Pharma advertising its product is different from using monetary or other value transfer to influence medical providers who also bill Medicare. The first is legal as long as not false and as long the intended use is cleared through pre-marketing notification with the FDA. The second is a criminal violation. So, the implication that big Pharma is using their money to cause medical providers to provide false medical study to suppress a legitimate treatment or cure for COVID-19 is hard to believe.
bearister
Unit2Sucks
Hey everyone, Cal88 is back after he was last seen on July 9 telling us this:

Quote:

We're well past the peak in the US, it will have cycled through the whole country and be nearly gone by mid-august, the same way it is nearly gone today in western Europe.

So Cal88, do you still think COVID will be "nearly gone" in 2 weeks?

For reference, here is daily death count in the US. It sure doesn't feel like it's going to zero in 2 weeks, particularly given that we are on track for another million infected between now and then.

I'm beginning to think that you may be out in front of your skis again making reckless predictions based anecdotal and false information.

I'm done debunking the Didier Raoult business, having done so numerous times, but as for Harvey Risch, I posted about his opinion piece in the apolitical thread. I found it curious that among the cherries that Risch picked for his piece, he completely fabricated his story about Switzerland.
chazzed
Yeah, another hit-and-run posting by Cal88. Some pretty graphs, misdirection, and then he's gone.
Cal88
The epidemic will roughly behave in the US the same way it rolled through Europe. That's the reason I came on here back in February and stated it was going to hit the US hard, the same way it was hitting Italy.

Countries like Italy, France, Spain, the UK are in the final stages of their epidemic; and yes, you will see the same trend in the US next month. The belief that the epidemic will be much different here and will power on indefinitely boils down to a weird and irrational form of reverse American exceptionalism.

The US nationwide new deaths graph is an aggregate of local epidemics, all of which roughly follow Farr's Law of epidemics, yielding bell-shaped curves. This has been the case in every region hit by covid so far, with no exceptions.

What we now see is the American laggers in places like Texas and Florida, places where the epidemic is now rolling thorough that are several weeks behind the early sites that got hit: NY/NJ, Chicago, NO, Boston etc., where the disease has subsided.
Unit2Sucks
Cal88 said:

The epidemic will roughly behave in the US the same way it rolled through Europe. That's the reason I came on here back in February and stated it was going to hit the US hard, the same way it was hitting Italy.

Countries like Italy, France, Spain, the UK are in the final stages of their epidemic; and yes, you will see the same trend in the US next month. The belief that the epidemic will be much different here and will power on indefinitely boils down to a weird and irrational form of reverse American exceptionalism.

The US nationwide new deaths graph is an aggregate of local epidemics, all of which roughly follow Farr's Law of epidemics, yielding bell-shaped curves. This has been the case in every region hit by covid so far, with no exceptions.

What we now see is the American laggers in places like Texas and Florida, places where the epidemic is now rolling thorough that are several weeks behind the early sites that got hit: NY/NJ, Chicago, NO, Boston etc., where the disease has subsided.
What other locations decided to stop trying?

Since you prefer the FT, here's their chart of daily new cases. The EU dropped to 5k cases per day and our new case count has soared to 60k+. As you know, deaths lag cases and deaths are rising again (which you said wouldn't occur - more on that below). Our average has more than doubled in the last few weeks and for all we know could continue to climb for some period of time.

Time and time again you have been wrong and you just press forward ignoring your prior unsubstantiated claims to make new ones rather than acknowledge that you don't really know what you're doing.

Because you enjoy cherrypicking, I will cherrypick one of your best posts. At the end of June you were arguing (like you are now) that it will just go away. You said we shouldn't look at new cases, we should look at deaths (because at the time deaths were declining).

Quote:

Back to the topic of our main argument here, I suggest we revisit this thread at the end of July. If the downwards trend continues in the number of new deaths, I will have been proven right. If there is a strong and sustained bounce upwards in new death numbers mirroring that from the new case numbers, I would stand corrected.

The big picture IMHO is that the US and Europe are a lot more similar from the virus' perspective than not, that's been the basis for my February prediction, and the basis for my current one here. The casualty pattern to date certainly bears it, strikingly so, and I believe it will continue to bear it this summer. At worst we will have a "dead cat bounce" later this month followed by a tapering off in July.

So here we are at the end of July and daily deaths are increasing. Do you stand corrected as you said you would? No, of course not. Instead, you continue to promise that salvation is just around the corner.

I will just quote what I said to you then, because it's as true today as it was then:
Quote:

You have an agenda. Your agenda is to convince people that whatever you currently believe to be true. In order to carry out your agenda, you will cherry-pick whatever data you believe helps your case and wave away anything that countermands that case. This has always been your MO here and kills your credibility.

There will always be people who don't carefully examine your walls of charts (because you tend to overwhelm with volume) and who want to believe what you are saying. But for people who are here to engage in good faith discussion about, it's extremely tiresome to have to de-bias your biased views.
calpoly
Unit2Sucks said:

Cal88 said:

What other locations decided to stop trying?

Since you prefer the FT, here's their chart of daily new cases. The EU dropped to 5k cases per day and our new case count has soared to 60k+. As you know, deaths lag cases and deaths are rising again (which you said wouldn't occur - more on that below). Our average has more than doubled in the last few weeks and for all we know could continue to climb for some period of time.

Time and time again you have been wrong and you just press forward ignoring your prior unsubstantiated claims to make new ones rather than acknowledge that you don't really know what you're doing.

Because you enjoy cherrypicking, I will cherrypick one of your best posts. At the end of June you were arguing (like you are now) that it will just go away. You said we shouldn't look at new cases, we should look at deaths (because at the time deaths were declining).

Quote:

Back to the topic of our main argument here, I suggest we revisit this thread at the end of July. If the downwards trend continues in the number of new deaths, I will have been proven right. If there is a strong and sustained bounce upwards in new death numbers mirroring that from the new case numbers, I would stand corrected.

The big picture IMHO is that the US and Europe are a lot more similar from the virus' perspective than not, that's been the basis for my February prediction, and the basis for my current one here. The casualty pattern to date certainly bears it, strikingly so, and I believe it will continue to bear it this summer. At worst we will have a "dead cat bounce" later this month followed by a tapering off in July.

So here we are at the end of July and daily deaths are increasing. Do you stand corrected as you said you would? No, of course not. Instead, you continue to promise that salvation is just around the corner.

I will just quote what I said to you then, because it's as true today as it was then:
Quote:

You have an agenda. Your agenda is to convince people that whatever you currently believe to be true. In order to carry out your agenda, you will cherry-pick whatever data you believe helps your case and wave away anything that countermands that case. This has always been your MO here and kills your credibility.

There will always be people who don't carefully examine your walls of charts (because you tend to overwhelm with volume) and who want to believe what you are saying. But for people who are here to engage in good faith discussion about, it's extremely tiresome to have to de-bias your biased views.

Covid-19 denier and Climate Change denier....what do they have in common?
Cal88
I don't post as often as I did because of the amount of vitriol and acrimony prevailing on this board. All these topics have become highly partisan, the level of hostility from posters like Calpoly here above is completely irrational and downright cult-like.

There is still enough value here because there are many posters who will consider a dissenting opinion or if it's well-supported. My perspective is gained from sources and experiences that are not as accessible or reflected in the media.

I might be wrong on some issues, but I think I am right here, and time will prove me right on the main topics here, which are:

1- The epidemic will subside in the US, the same way it did in Europe

2- HCQ works

3- HCQ is a benign drug, whose side effects have been grossly exaggerated by the MSM and American (and some European) medical establishments.

Cal88
calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

Pharma advertising its product is different from using monetary or other value transfer to influence medical providers who also bill Medicare. The first is legal as long as not false and as long the intended use is cleared through pre-marketing notification with the FDA. The second is a criminal violation. So, the implication that big Pharma is using their money to cause medical providers to provide false medical study to suppress a legitimate treatment or cure for COVID-19 is hard to believe.

Here is the precise annual breakdown of Big Pharma's advertizing and PR/influence peddling budget:

Quote:

Of the nearly $30 billion that health companies now spend on medical marketing each year, around 68 percent (or about $20 billion) goes to persuading doctors and other medical professionals not consumers of the benefits of prescription drugs. That's according to an in-depth analysis published in JAMA this week. Jan 11, 2019

Big Pharma shells out $20B each year to schmooze docs, $6B on drug ads
Persuading doctors and direct-to-consumer ads land 1-2 punch for knockout sales.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/01/healthcare-industry-spends-30b-on-marketing-most-of-it-goes-to-doctors/

If you don't think that the $20 billion spent annually by big firms like Gilead in seminars, junkets and other PR activities to push drugs like Remdisivir, or gain a very strong influence over the medical establishment, you might be a bit naive.

Consider that back in early Spring on the day Dr. Raoult first announced his success using HCQ, Gilead 's valuation lost nearly $10 billion. The stakes are very high here... Gilead's treatment costs over $3,000 per patient, while HCQ is roughly 1,000 times cheaper.

Big Pharma is the leading advertiser on TV programs and the MSM, which has repercussions over the content it provides. The MSM and television is still a force that shapes the worldviews of its main target group of affluent Boomers. That segment, especially those in Blue cities, tends to have very high trust in their institutions and will most often reject out of hand basic evidence going against their narrative, it's a basic case of cognitive dissonance.

Stepping back a bit, a good start on the argument about HCQ should focus on its side effects, because if you still believe that this is a dangerous drug, then there is no point whatsoever in going any further. How you perceive the risks of HCQ is an excellent bellwether of your level of credulity and blind trust in the MSM and medical establishment.
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

Here is the precise annual breakdown of Big Pharma's advertizing and PR/influence peddling budget:

Quote:

Of the nearly $30 billion that health companies now spend on medical marketing each year, around 68 percent (or about $20 billion) goes to persuading doctors and other medical professionals not consumers of the benefits of prescription drugs. That's according to an in-depth analysis published in JAMA this week. Jan 11, 2019

Big Pharma shells out $20B each year to schmooze docs, $6B on drug ads
Persuading doctors and direct-to-consumer ads land 1-2 punch for knockout sales.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/01/healthcare-industry-spends-30b-on-marketing-most-of-it-goes-to-doctors/

If you don't think that the $20 billion spent annually by big firms like Gilead in seminars, junkets and other PR activities to push drugs like Remdisivir, or gain a very strong influence over the medical establishment, you might be a bit naive.

Consider that back in early Spring on the day Dr. Raoult first announced his success using HCQ, Gilead 's valuation lost nearly $10 billion. The stakes are very high here... Gilead's treatment costs over $3,000 per patient, while HCQ is roughly 1,000 times cheaper.

Big Pharma is the leading advertiser on TV programs and the MSM, which has repercussions over the content it provides. The MSM and television is still a force that shapes the worldviews of its main target group of affluent Boomers. That segment, especially those in Blue cities, tends to have very high trust in their institutions and will most often reject out of hand basic evidence going against their narrative, it's a basic case of cognitive dissonance.

Stepping back a bit, a good start on the argument about HCQ should focus on its side effects, because if you still believe that this is a dangerous drug, then there is no point whatsoever in going any further. How you perceive the risks of HCQ is an excellent bellwether of your level of credulity and blind trust in the MSM and medical establishment.
Cal88, I have represented some of the biggest Pharma companies, and I am fully aware of the internal compliance matters related to Anti-Kickback Statutes and False Claims Act, and barriers they implement to ensure that they are in compliance as well as self-regulating entities like AdvaMed. They also need to disclose any payments made to any healthcare providers under the Sunshine Act. Where are the payments to Harvard Medical School that would cause them to distort and suppress actual results?

I think you are confusing the original implication of illegal (and quite criminal and not just civil) influence on healthcare providers like Harvard Medical School and the doctors there to legitimate marketing of their products to the public and doctors (which they can only do upon filing a pre-market notification and only on the intended use approved by the FDA following different phases of clinical trials). Some of my close friends are senior executives at Pharma companies, and I don't think you really know what you are talking about.

So, no, I don't believe Pharma companies are spending money to get places like Harvard Medical School to suppress actual results on HCQ and have people die while there is a legitimate cure available.
hanky1
I have long pondered why some in America worship this false idol, this Golden Calf, named Fauci.

People in fear need a God to worship. When Moses left the Israelites they worshipped the Golden Calf. Now liberals, who have been abandoned by their previous God, Barack Hussein Obama, need to create another God who will comfort them and provide their weak minds with security and comfort. I understand the need for comfort and assurance when living in fear. But it does not change the truth that Fauci is your false God.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.