cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,942 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobodeluxe;842381636 said:

No. The print shows Albany hill and the city of Richmond to the south.

Evans Hall is shown, as is the abandoned PG&E natural gas tank in Point Richmond, which was removed in the mid seventies, dating the picture in the early seventies.

hey bobo, that's ok if you don't want to swim with me...to be honest with you, i'd rather swim with my favorite paddle board champ anyways...i dunno, kinda thinking she & i are probably gonna get matching tats one of these days

anyways, i'll start studying those geography maps you sent over
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842381929 said:

hey bobo, that's ok if you don't want to swim with me...to be honest with you, i'd rather swim with my favorite paddle board champ anyways...i dunno, kinda thinking she & i are probably gonna get matching tats one of these days

anyways, i'll start studying those geography maps you sent over

That map won't help with recruiting. No golf courses.

Also, I was going to say no Apple, in honor of my retirement fund ( cost basis of about fitty cent a share ), but {almost} everything we sell is made in China, so we're cool.

Oh yeah, the 'Niners are now playing on the border of Mexico.

:gobears:
HoopDreams
Playing for Cal and Coach Martin in the Pac 12 Conference is an absolutely big time opportunity

Shocky1

nic told me that jabari bird weighed in at 199 lbs & david kravish at 237 lbs last week and that he's very pleased with the s&c and nutritional advancements of the guys

cal's s&c guru is very high energy (which will be a welcome addition after last season's chess club quiet bears bench of players & coaches), absolutely passionate about his work & unfailingly polite (he uses the phrase "yes sir" a lot in a southern sort of way)...we talked about his cousin patrick christopher needing to beat out one guy in front of him on the memphis roster & the dangers of all you can buffets like shoneys

look, it would redunkulous for anyone (other than the fearless/brain dead jordan mathews) to say they are in better shape than nic (who looks like he could play special teams for the oakland raiders, his wife fallon's favorite team) but i did do a headstand for him while he struggled with a handstand on the floor at haas

nic told me that he is also a strong believer in the powers of yoga & that he implemented a very popular program with the players in tennessee...he's currently checking out yoga teachers in berkeley & hopes to replicate a similar program at cal...yeah, finding the right yoga instructor is pretty important
Shocky1

mike montgomery & cuonzo martin visited for the 1st time in person last week for almost an hour

cal family#
HoopDreams
All-Talent ESPN Top 25 Tyler Dorsey scheduled for his official Cal visit on Oct 24

Tyler Dorsey at the 1 would super charge the Cal offense

He will also be looking to show AZ coach miller that he made a mistake by cutting him from the Team USA U18

Hmmmm...October 24 is also Kerwin Roach's birthday

Shocky1
"we need more timeless music these days..."
-ivan rabb

http://vimeo.com/45797764
concordtom
HoopDreams;842382383 said:

Fun! Well done.
Shocky1
the california golden bears are actively targeting 2015 top 25 6'4" 180s lbs scoring machine tyler dorsey

dorsey made a decommitment to arizona after he was cut from the usa basketball under 18 basketball team by assistant coach sean miller...the wildcats staff envisioned tyler playing strictly the 2 despite his interest & ability to be multiple

last season at st john bosco (he knows the charismatic bryce treggs) tyler averaged 21.4 ppg, 6 rpg & 4.7 apg with a solid 3.3 gpa

a native of pasadena, dorsey will transfer back home to marantha for his sr season

tyler has offers (with a list that continues to grow) from national powerhouses but in terms of staying on the west coast (and playing against arizona in the pac 12, do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?) & playing for a hc who develops combo guard talent at the #1 ranked public university in the world, the bears will be a serious player particularly if ivan decides to join him in berkeley...cal's 2015 recruiting class is already off to an excellent start with former top 30 player stephen domingo already shining in practices during his blueshirt season, who's gonna be the 2nd top 40 commitment for the 2015 class?

cuonzo & co had dorsey's first in home visit with coaches on september 9th

tyler's mentors thru the recruiting process are his dad jerrid & dinos trignos, a longtime respected aau coach for belmont shore...his official visits schedule is as follows:
oregon-september 5th
colorado-september 19th
kansas-october 10th
arizona state-october 17th
cal-october 24th

the above list is noteable for the truly mediocre schools from an academic standpoint that will not realistically open any doors in life outside of basketball other than cal, the #1 ranked public university in the world & also the costly/time consuming plane flights from lax to those schools other than asu & cal...let's face it, a kansas degree isn't worth much in so cal, sure it might get you a part time:axe security job at paseo colorado but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

together we attack#

tsubamoto2001

All-Talent ESPN Top 25 Tyler Dorsey scheduled for his official Cal visit on Oct 24

He will also be looking to show AZ coach miller that he made a mistake by cutting him from the Team USA U18

I love your enthusiasm, HoopDreams, but Dorsey isn't a PG. He is a talent, though, and Cal is doing the right thing in recruiting him as a PG.
calumnus

Too bad we are not playing Oregon at CMS that weekend.
Shocky1

rumor has it that roxy is negotiating with espn senior management to have me hired as his color commentator for next season's cal basketball games that are carried on espn...roxy & shocky, count on it

how is this gonna play out?

roxy: singer swipes the ball from johnson in the paint and lobs the ball downcourt to bird, another slamdunk and the bears go ahead of the wildcats by 18 points with 9 minutes to go in the second half...the haas crowd is absolutely electric and sean miller is not happy, clapping his hands to try to get his team going

shocky: sean miller is a dumb azz

roxy: mcconnell races the ball into the frontcourt...quick bounce pass to ashley in the paint, his turnaround jumper is rejected by kravish, wallace has got the ball going the other way, tryone pulls up and snaps the ball back to jordan mathews well behind the 3 point line...swish, mathew's 7th 3 pointer of the game!...time out wildcats and cal crowd is on their feet

shocky: this ****is getting live

roxy: un shocky, you can't say that

shocky: what?

roxy: what you just said

shocky: what, this **** is getting live?

roxy: ruh roh

this is cal basketball#

update: apparently the executives at the pac 12 network think mike montgomery is more insightful & is more knowledgeable regarding basketball than me & therefore mike is being hired as a color analyst...ouch...who knew
Shocky1
tyler, i get it, it's kinda exciting to go to the kansas basketball program's late night spectacle in lawrence, kansas...there's not a lot to do in lawrence & the jayhawks fans definitely support the team (when they're winning)

plus dr james naismith invented basketball

but as emotions from the trip level out, there are a few problems with kansas, right?

head coach bill self already has 2 young point guards on his roster in experienced point guard sophomore frank mason who played 16.2 mpg & is improving rapidy & incoming point guard devonte' graham...coach self has this to say about graham on signing day: "i think devonte' will be an immediate impact guy for us...we certainly solidified our position in the backcourt by bringing in a quality guy and I THINK DEVONTE' IS ONE OF THE PREMIER POINT GUARDS IN THE COUNTRY"...wow, tyler, did bill tell you the same thing too at his house?...ruh roh

another problem are the kansas winters...tyler, tomorrow at school go stand in your cafeteria's food locker for 15 minutes in a warm jacket, ok?...now how you gonna do that for 5 months?

what about the cost & time travel for your family & dino to visit lawrence to watch your games?...is your dad minted?...berkeley is within driving distance of pasadena & southwest flights are $119 each if you book in advance

do you wanna play in the midwest or the pac 12?...do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?

huge ******* problem is that academically kansas is considered a mediocre school with its 88.4% acceptance rate in 2014...if pro basketball doesn't work out, are you gonna be happy as a security guard at the paseo colorado mall for the rest of your life?...a kansas degree isn't going to open any doors in life but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

tyler, going on a recruiting trip to kansas for late night is kinda like the most popular school in girl telling everybody she wants to go to the senior prom with you...it's kinda exciting for a while but eventually you realize that the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english is really the girl of your dreams

cal basketball=the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english

together we attack#
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842382655 said:

tyler, i get it, it's kinda exciting to go to the kansas basketball program's late night spectacle in lawrence, kansas...there's not a lot to do in lawrence & the jayhawks fans definitely support the team (when they're winning)

plus dr james naismith invented basketball

but as emotions from the trip level out, there are a few problems with kansas, right?

head coach bill self already has 2 young point guards on his roster in experienced point guard sophomore frank mason who played 16.2 mpg & is improving rapidy & incoming point guard devonte' graham...coach self has this to say about graham on signing day: "i think devonte' will be an immediate impact guy for us...we certainly solidified our position in the backcourt by bringing in a quality guy and I THINK DEVONTE' IS ONE OF THE PREMIER POINT GUARDS IN THE COUNTRY"...wow, tyler, did bill tell you the same thing too at his house?...ruh roh

another problem are the kansas winters...tyler, tomorrow at school go stand in your cafeteria's food locker for 15 minutes in a warm jacket, ok?...now how you gonna do that for 5 months?

what about the cost & time travel for your family & dino to visit lawrence to watch your games?...is your dad minted?...berkeley is within driving distance of pasadena & southwest flights are $119 each if you book in advance

do you wanna play in the midwest or the pac 12?...do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?

huge ******* problem is that academically kansas is considered a mediocre school with its 88.4% acceptance rate in 2014...if pro basketball doesn't work out, are you gonna be happy as a security guard at the paseo colorado mall for the rest of your life?...a kansas degree isn't going to open any doors in life but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

tyler, going on a recruiting trip to kansas for late night is kinda like the most popular school in girl telling everybody she wants to go to the senior prom with you...it's kinda exciting for a while but eventually you realize that the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english is really the girl of your dreams

cal basketball=the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english

together we attack#

It is insulting to suggest that someone will end up a security guard if they don't attend Cal. Moronic as well. Par for the course for this thread, I suppose.
calfanz
it is moronic to anyone to take all this $hit so seriously.
concordtom
calfanz;842382693 said:

No kidding. You should have read the vitriol thrown at me following my "Dorsey Picks Cal" dream thread, which summarily got deleted, erased, removed. Someone wanted me "bludgeoned to death". For telling about a dream! A dream which we all no doubt share! Sheesh!
CalBearsWinNC
concordtom;842382706 said:

No kidding. You should have read the vitriol thrown at me following my "Dorsey Picks Cal" dream thread, which summarily got deleted, erased, removed. Someone wanted me "bludgeoned to death". For telling about a dream! A dream which we all no doubt share! Sheesh!

Should have posted it in the title then. You wanted attention.
Shocky1
calfanz;842382693 said:

Chapman_is_Gone;842382686 said:

It is insulting to suggest that someone will end up a security guard if they don't attend Cal. Moronic as well. Par for the course for this thread, I suppose.

i dunno, chapman, you didn't graduate from cal & your career is going pretty well
HoopDreams
It ain't just Cal basketball and football that strives for excellence, and has World Class athletes

It's all Cal sports that compete at the highest level

Another example, is Cal sophomore tennis player Maegan Manasse

Maegan and Denise Starr are the 11th-ranked duo in the Nation, and will playing another Cal duo of Klara Fabikova and Zsofi Susanyi at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships.

Is there any doubt that they and the Cal women tennis team are World Class athletes?

calumnus
concordtom;842382706 said:

Concord--I seem to remember that a "Desean Jackson is a lock for SC" thread on an SC board was a factor in his choice to pick Cal.
ondal
HoopDreams;842382714 said:

Is there any doubt that they and the Cal women tennis team are World Class athletes?

That's the women's golf team, bro.
mikecohen
ondal;842382718 said:

What does it matter? The point is: You can tell they're world-class athletes because they're so pretty.
HoopDreams
ondal;842382718 said:

how do you know they don't play tennis too?
Shocky1

cal basketball never sleeps#
concordtom
calumnus;842382717 said:

Concord--I seem to remember that a "Desean Jackson is a lock for SC" thread on an SC board was a factor in his choice to pick Cal.

Fair enough, but if anything, I would think Dorsey would be flattered knowing Cal fans were literally dreaming of him coming here.
concordtom
CalBearsWinNC;842382710 said:

Should have posted it in the title then. You wanted attention.

No. If I wanted attention, I would reveal my identity beyond a generic screen name. No thank you.
What I wanted to do was share my experience of joy and disappointment with fellow Cal basketball fans, as a laugher. I see by the response that it was too much of an up and down trip for everyone, and so apologize. Yes, I will poke and tease people here and there, but I did not mean to yank y'all's chain to that extent, so I do apologize. Parking by braille.
Holmoephobic
concordtom;842382834 said:

No. If I wanted attention, I would reveal my identity beyond a generic screen name. No thank you.
What I wanted to do was share my experience of joy and disappointment with fellow Cal basketball fans, as a laugher. I see by the response that it was too much of an up and down trip for everyone, and so apologize. Yes, I will poke and tease people here and there, but I did not mean to yank y'all's chain to that extent, so I do apologize. Parking by braille.

It wasn't too much of an up and down trip. Your post came off as attention seeking and everyone except you has come to this conclusion. There's a reason why the thread was deleted, it was useless and self-serving. You even brought it up again here to seek more attention for yourself. Unbelievable.
Shocky1
the bears roster will be very thin this season (which will not be an issue in 2015 & beyond as the team is built via recruiting) which means that guys are gonna have to stay healthy in order to play the up tempo ball favored by coach martin & his staff

the starters:
1-sam "the day of the dog" singer: 28-32 mpg, sammy's lack of top end quickness will be offset by his size, unselfish style of ball & most importantly his heart of a champion...singer gotta take wide open shots & look for offensive opportunities to score
2-jordan "en fuego" mathews: 28-32 mpg, jordan needs to bring a more consistent positive mental approach to his 3 point shooting every game...when the sometimes streaky ocean league mvp is on, opponents are gonna be burned
3-jabari "alcatraz" bird: 30-34 mpg, jabari needs to ferociously rebound & sprint back on d like a prisoner at the rock running for the getaway boat
4-tyrone "t-wall" wallace: 30-34 mpg, tyrone needs to rediscover the joy of being a little kid playing basketball, find his inner 12 year old self playing ball on the school's courtyard with passion & without fear leading his teammates to victories while relentlessly attacking the rim
5-david "doc" kravish: 30-34 mpg, the smartest bear of them all needs to stay out of foul trouble...expect cuonzo to play more zone d than we'll see in future seasons in order to protect our only proven big

the 1st guys off the bench:
****"prince" roger moute a bidias: 10-20 mpg: perhaps the bears only high level pac 12 athlete not starting, the steadily improving roger can be an energy guy who fights for loose balls & challenges opponents on d
****christian "the fast & furious" behrens: 10-15 mpg a healthy productive summer working out for the 1st time since he arrived in berkeley, christian is no stranger to adversity & if he can channel his inner beast mode that would allow cuonzo the luxury of playing 2 bigs on the court
****dwight "let go to shoneys" tarwater: 10-15 mpg, dwight reported to berkeley out of shape but he knows where to be on the court & will bring undersized rebounding grit to the bears

bench strength:
****"sir" kingsley okoroh: 5+ mpg, kingsley has size but needs to lose the lovely afternoon tea at the dorchester mentality & evolve into a ******* bad azz on the court
****brandon "boom boom" chauca: 5+ mpg, brandon will be an instant fan favorite but needs to work on his slow & low release point technique on his 3 point shooting

the walk ons:
dudes are 1 injury away from real playing time

cuonzo martin (to jeff faraudo) on jabari bird: "i think he can be a great player"

jabari bird: "i want to be better with focus, effort, defense, ballhandling, everything...i had an up and down freshman year and i feel i can improve on everything"

jabari bird on david kravish: "david is definitely the leader of this team...he's changed a lot since last year...he's gotten way more physical...you can in his game, he's scoring around the block a lot better..i think he's one of the best bigs in the nation"

jabari bird on roger moute a bidias: "i really like what i see from roger moute...he's really improved a lot...he's improved his jump shot...he's always been a hard worker, a great athlete...we should look for him to contribute a lot this year"

this is cal basketball#
together we attack#
Big C
If either Moute or Behrens can give us consistent, productive minutes this season, that'd be the "X factor" that could get us somewhere. If BOTH come through... whew boy!
calumnus
Big C_Cal;842383015 said:

If either Moute or Behrens can give us consistent, productive minutes this season, that'd be the "X factor" that could get us somewhere. If BOTH come through... whew boy!

I think we absolutely MUST have ONE (at a minimum) of Moute, Behrens, Okoroh, Tarwater or Welle to give us "consistient, productive minutes" because they are going to be getting minutes. 80 minutes at the 4-5 cannot all be filled by Kravish and Wallace. Having somebody playing that much who is not "productive" would be a killer.
Shocky1
good evening ladies & gentlemen, i'm sir william shocky shakeyspeare & welcome to english 23, the study of the oakland super hero...i'm substituting for professor dr kelly thompson as she is away getting a brazilian wax in preparation for the san francisco opera's magnificient production of la boheme but i digress...tonight's seminar will focus on the words and the meaning behind those words with respects to oakland super hero, mr ivan rabb

let us examine the most recent comments by mr rabb regarding the arizona basketball program

"they told me that they feel like that they have everything as a program that i need to reach my goals"

one must wonder how the arizona coaching staff thinks an academically mediocre education from the university of arizona and it's 2014 88% acceptance rate will help mr rabb achieve his goals...do they think he wants to be a shift supervisor at the chipotle on country club?

it is also worth noting that the arizona program never talks about giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate...becoming a wildcat is apparently restricted to the myopic values system that it's all about basketball players playing basketball with a basketball on the basketball court

"showed me a lot of clips of aaron gordon and derrick williams and how they utilized them and how i could make a similar impact"

interesting to note that mr miller did not show any clips of former bishop o'dowd superstar brandon ashley who has not developed as expected in tuscon...earlier comments from chance comanche, caleb swanigan & steven zimmerman reveal that they have been show the exact same clips and promised the same glorious utilization and false nba dreams of stardom

"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

did mr miller also explain that most airlines don't fly nonstop to tuscon without a stop first at the phoenix airport because it's a second rate city?

"it's (the relationship with the arizona staff) gotten a lot better since i told them i wanted to visit (on an official trip)"

this is clearly a manipulative and dysfunctional relationship...mr miller and his staff's interest in mr rabb is limited to whatever he can do for them on the basketball court...as long as he acquiesces to their demands, he will be in favor with them

"i talked to aaron gordon...he told me to at least take a visit and that i would have the time of my life...he said i wouldn't want to leave...he said every game is on tv, the fans are the best in the country and that every game is a sell out"

this is predictable advice from a non student athlete baller who had zero interest in academics and/or business development skills during his 8 months in tuscon...it is possible that mr gordon doesn't even realize that there is a university component of the arizona basketball program

in summary, one can only conclude that arizona is a glorified junior college with a successful basketball program and that tuscon is a dump

i will be more than happy to visit with any of you during office hours but mostly this comment is directed at the brunette with the shapely legs sitting in the 7th row...yes, i'm talking about you, don't make me growl like a bear

good evening

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
concordtom
Shocky1;842383084 said:

did mr miller also explain that most airlines don't fly nonstop to tuscon without a stop first at the phoenix airport because it's a second rate city?

Sorry, Shocky, but this doesn't make sense to me. Folks fly direct to Phx, and IT is second rate city just the same.
What gives?
Maybe you meant to say that Tucson is 3rd rate, while Phx is only 2nd rate. So, it's okay to fly direct to a 2nd rate city, but not a 3rd rate?
Lawrence KS is 4th rate, FYI.
Lexington KY is backwater.
Big C
calumnus;842383021 said:

I think we absolutely MUST have ONE (at a minimum) of Moute, Behrens, Okoroh, Tarwater or Welle to give us "consistient, productive minutes" because they are going to be getting minutes. 80 minutes at the 4-5 cannot all be filled by Kravish and Wallace. Having somebody playing that much who is not "productive" would be a killer.

Well, you have successfully outlined our number one potential problem this year: After Kravish, only question marks as frontline possibilities.
Shocky1

cal family#
mom matters#

muimerp
That's cute. But none of that is stopping recruits from coming to Arizona. Brandon Ashley is developing just fine, even has a nice 15 foot jumper now, lateral quickness, and strength. Pretty sure Rabbs goals are to make to the NBA and have a long career. Yeah he wants to go to business school, so does every other OAD player. Which btw you may want to tell Martin you can't "build a program" around a OAD player.

Seems the only thing mediocre and 4th rate here and of importance to this "discussion" is Cal basketball, facilities, fan support, and tradition.

P.S. where is this "monster class" you've been waiting on since 2012? Seems most of those recruits ended up in Tucson playing for the premier program of*the West.

Shocky1;842383084 said:

good evening ladies & gentlemen, i'm sir william shocky shakeyspeare & welcome to english 23, the study of the oakland super hero...i'm substituting for professor dr kelly thompson as she is away getting a brazilian wax in preparation for the san francisco opera's magnificient production of la boheme but i digress...tonight's seminar will focus on the words and the meaning behind those words with respects to oakland super hero, mr ivan rabb

let us examine the most recent comments by mr rabb regarding the arizona basketball program

"they told me that they feel like that they have everything as a program that i need to reach my goals"

one must wonder how the arizona coaching staff thinks a mediocre education from the university of arizona and it's 2014 88% acceptance rate will help mr rabb achieve his goals...do they think he wants to be a shift supervisor at the chipotle on country club?

"showed me a lot of clips of aaron gordon and derrick williams and how they utilized them and how i could make a similar impact"

interesting to note that mr miller did not show any clips of former bishop o'dowd superstar brandon ashley who has not developed as expected in tuscon...earlier comments from chance comanche, caleb swanigan & steven zimmerman reveal that they have been show the exact same clips and promised the same glorious utilization and false nba dreams of stardom

"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

"it's (the relationship with the arizona staff) gotten a lot better since i told them i wanted to visit (on an official trip)"

this is clearly a manipulative and dysfunctional relationship...mr miller and his staff's interest in mr rabb is limited to whatever he can do for them on the basketball court...as long as he acquiesces to their demands, he will be in favor with them

"i talked to aaron gordon...he told me to at least take a visit and that i would have the time of my life...he said i wouldn't want to leave...he said every game is on tv, the fans are the best in the country and that every game is a sell out"

this is predictable advice from a non student athlete baller who had zero interest in academics and/or business development skills during his 8 months in tuscon...it is possible that mr gordon doesn't even realize that there is a university component of the arizona basketball program

in summary, one can only conclude that arizona is a glorified junior college with a successful basketball program and that tuscon is a dump

i will be more than happy to visit with any of you during office hours but mostly this comment is directed at the brunette with the shapely legs sitting in the 7th row...yes, i'm talking about you, don't make me growl like a bear

good evening

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.