cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,279,541 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
played golf today on a perfect crisp late fall afternoon in flagstaff (the aspens are shimmering in the breezes with bright gold & orange colors) with my buddy tony the tiger & a highly respected longtime nba executive

mr nba told me that jabari bird has "developing offensive skills but a low motor, who can he defend?"...jabari, when you nonchalantly float back on d or don't fight for rebounds/loose ball or don't play relentless d or sulk on the bench, don't think the nba isn't watching...every time you suit up in a cal uniform you are basically going to a job interview...if the nba thinks ce lo green is faster back in transition than you, that's not a good thing, ok?

regarding tyrone wallace & david kravish they are "on the radar, both have some skills, but have a lot of work to do"

the nba is a cold billion dollar ruthless biz that spends tens of millions of dollars on scouting...there is no safety net for those that don't make it in the league

current players & prospective recruits and their families need to recognize that slick sports agents & their runners are talking out of their azzs when they offer their unsubstantiated promises of your future nba stardom...you can only trust nba general managers, assistant general managers, directors of scouting & player evaluation and head coaches regarding an honest player's assessment of their nba potential...there are established channels of player feedback directly from the nba

don't listen to dumb azz & self serving sports agents & their runners or pay attention to internet nba mock draft sources, they are not legit

beware of fake models#

Shocky1
cuonzo ain't candy azz soft, that's for sure

[video=youtube;XyjweBIUD1E][/video]

together we attack#
Shocky1

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so i know they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you're a priority"

-ivan rabb

"the schools that he has recruiting him are university of california-berkeley, ucla, usc, arizona, kansas, kentucky, georgetown and north carolina"

-lou richie, bishop o'dowd head coach

early indications are that cuonzo & the new staff have made favorable 1st impressions

the former bears staff were fractured in their approach to the recruitment of the #1 player in the 2015 class...coaches told me there was "no chance" to "we should try harder"...my biggest divergence in opinion with the that staff (that led cal bb to the most successful era during the last half a century) centered around ivan's recruitment...only travid decuire attended bod's state championship game at sleepy train arena in sacramento after the bears season had already ended

mac dre agrees that not making every effort known to mankind to relentlessly recruit ivan rabb would be stoopid, gotta "growl like a bear"

the grind includes the hc#

"the new cal coaches stopped by as well...i like them so far but i have not seen the way they coach yet or anything...i will watch them this year"

-ivan rabb

north carolina: ivan & his mom tami along with bod hc lou richie unofficially visited unc...rabb played in a pick up game & checked out the facilities...roy williams was unavailable during the visit (this trip was prior to the recent academic fraud allegations directed at williams)

duke: relatively brief unofficially visit with coach k who expressed an interest in recruiting rabb in the future

georgetown: visited with hc john thompson iii...ivan impressed with the urban (city) aspect of the campus vs the 2 north carolina schools & also the georgetown graduate school biz program

cal: "as soon as the new staff came in, they started contacted me regularly during the first week...they talk to me a lot and make sure that i know that i'm at the top of their list and that they really want me at cal...i have respect for all of their coaches and i'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next year"

ivan unofficially visited with the cal bb staff in berkeley today

the cal coaches are successfully building relationships & "painting pictures regarding ivan's legacy" via these unofficial visits (the bears also had another key prospect visit fri too)

"like @icecube said, "today was a good day""
-cuonzo martin

"what a great day in berkeley, ca! we are making moves. big ones. #gold standard"
-yanni hufnagel

cuonzo martin personally watched ivan & his oakland soliders teammates at the peach jam in georgia

ivan rabb is on the usa under 17 team that is competing at the fiba world championship in dubai...young ivee missed the 1st game with a swollen ankle

ivan's mom made an unannounced drop in visit with the cal basketball staff in berkeley while ivan was in dubai

ivan's in home visit with north carolina for october 6th was cancelled & rescheduled for today (october 22nd)

together we attack#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oakland)
BC Calfan
HoopDreams;842386155 said:

Love Yeller! Good solid food, great patio, very friendly and welcoming environment...the owners Omar and Ashwin are great guys!!
Shocky1

http://vimeo.com/45797764

hungry bears will enjoy dining at the ol' yeller caf which is at 2708 98th avenue in oakland (segments of the the souls of mischief 93 til' infinity video were filmed just a few blocks away), across the street from bishop o'dowd high school (which has a funky angular baseball field with its vastly varying distances to the outfield fences)...you can dine inside & watch games on the large flatscreens or sit outside on the delightful hillside backyard patio which is also rescue dog friendly...the oakland zoo is just around the corner

the food is very tasty & most of the dishes (maybe not the comfort food chili fries or frosty chocolate milkshake) would meet the nicodemus high standards of nutritional excellence...service is excellent & always comes with a smile

see, my yoga practice is helping me become a more passionate foodie

no more shoneys#
Vineyardview
Interested in the UNC Academic/Basketball Investigation?

Here is the release from UNC: http://unc.edu/spotlight/wain
concordtom
Shocky1;842386732 said:

the nba is a cold billion dollar ruthless biz that spends tens of millions of dollars on scouting...there is no safety net for those that don't make it in the league

current players & prospective recruits and their families need to recognize that slick sports agents & their runners are talking out of their azzs when they offer their unsubstantiated promises of your future nba stardom...you can only trust nba general managers, assistant general managers, directors of scouting & player evaluation and head coaches regarding an honest player's assessment of their nba potential...there are established channels of player feedback directly from the nba

don't listen to dumb azz & self serving sports agents & their runners or pay attention to internet nba mock draft sources, they are not legit

THIS I believe!
concordtom
No kidding!
UNC is NOT a place any recruit should currently go to. Big problems!
Stay away. Stay Very Far Away!

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]UNC probe reveals approximately 1,500 student-athletes took bogus classes[/SIZE][/FONT]
[INDENT]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/unc-academic-and-athletic-officials-steered-student-athletes-to-bogus-classes-181214478.html

..."Kenneth Wainstein, a former top U.S. Justice Department official, said during a press conference Wednesday that...
The academic impropriety in Wainstein's report is far greater than previously reported by the school or to the NCAA.
... bogus classes that were geared toward keeping student-athletes eligible for play over the past 18 years (1993-2011).
Wainstein said many academic and athletic officials knew about the scheme..."[/INDENT]

I don't know if the whole Death Penalty thing still exists. I mean, maybe they don't have the guts to do it after killing SMU football the way they did. But this would qualify. And I wouldn't want to touch UNC with a 10' pole when the kakaa hits the fan.
Shocky1
is this shocky after yoga?...nah, it's my favorite filipino/peruvian d1 basketball california golden bear

"600+ shots today with the squad, trying to make every shot a perfect one"
-brandon chauca

guns#

Shocky1
went to nooner yoga & congratulated my very cute brunette yoga teacher in the parking lot re: her pregnancy to some random dude (ok, maybe he's her husband, whatever)

so then i innocently asked her "so is the kid mine or what?"

ruh roh

what, isn't that what most guys say to pregnant women when they congratulate them?

i dunno, maybe me & oski gotta go to charm/etiquette/finishing school or maybe a trap house together or something

shut up, shocky#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842387284 said:

went to nooner yoga & congratulated my very cute brunette yoga teacher in the parking lot re: her pregnancy to some random dude (ok, maybe he's her husband, whatever)

so then i innocently asked her "so is the kid mine or what?"

ruh roh

what, isn't that what most guys say to pregnant women when they congratulate them?

i dunno, maybe me & oski gotta go to charm/etiquette/finishing school or maybe a trap house together or something

shut up, shocky#

Shocky: Are you the guy who told President Obama today not to touch his girlfriend in the next voting booth? Or was that Oski also?
HoopDreams
this dude can shoot the rock
dropped 32 vs Oregon last year

smokeyrover
HoopDreams;842387302 said:

this dude can shoot the rock
dropped 32 vs Oregon last year

Mathews is capable of bumping his average from 8.5 to 12+. Shot 38% from 3. Averaged 19 min last year. Should be close to 30 this year.

Would give Cal four 18-a-game capable scorers.

Needs to double his rebound numbers though (2.1).

"Built for Battle"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3869[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball mbb hc dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 sr transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the bb program for several yrs are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa & suspended for fighting in high school is no longer listed on the oregon basketball roster because of admissions/eligibility issues...now enrolled at the img academy in florida

*ray kosongo has been denied admission by the university's special admission board

*mike moser, jason caliste, johnathan lloyd, richard amardi & waverly austin used up their eligiblity...not clear if any of them will ever earn an oregon diploma

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar, considering transferring & currently not participating in team activities...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis will be transferring from oregon...dominic attended cal's last pac 12 home game at haas vs usc...i was speaking with his former hs ad at salesian chad nightingale (played wr for the bears) when da came over & said hello, it was clear to me that he wanted to speak privately with chad...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed & currently attending contra costa cc as a student while practicing (but not playing) for the bb team

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene pd for shoplifting at market of choice across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both are being internally disciplined (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

latest update from eugene:
*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

what up, tyler?#
going4roses
shocky there are NO doubts about you passion and love of CAL
Shocky1
going4roses;842387397 said:

shocky there are NO doubts about you passion and love of CAL

akil, believe me when i tell you that i'm a shadow of the man that you are & that you are an inspiration to me

for those of you that don't know akil, he is relentlessly optimistic & mentally tough, disabled & lives in oakland with limited financial means (doesn't own a telephone, his one big luxury is cable tv so he can follow the bears) & an encyclopedia of knowledge with respects to cal sports

bro, if you want to hang with me at the byu football game in late november, send me an email that week & i'll come get your sorry broken down azz, we can dine at the ol' yeller cafe & then head over to memorial to watch the bears kick azz on the mormons

-bill
Shocky1
cuonzo martin is personally handling the recruitment of caleb swanigan, a top 10 2015 strongman from fort wayne, indiana...swanigan is known for his relentless rebounding motor & back to the basket power game along with a skillful soft touch from the perimeter with a nba future upside

caleb is 6'8" 275 lbs after losing 75 lbs from his days as a 6'4" 350 lbs middle schooler...at that time he left his family in utah to live with his current guardian roosevelt barnes jr, a former nfl player, who has mentored swanigan's healthier diet & dedicated cardio program

roosevelt barnes jr (also a 4 year player on the purdue basketball team) & cuonzo martin have a strong longtime friendship

swanigan has been offered by virtually every major program in the country including kentucky & local favorite michigan state (which is hedging its bet in the cb sweepstakes via izzo's active recruitment of wisconsin elite 5 henry ellenson)...the only official visit discussed is to surprisingly enough, chicago state, which was the 1st school to offer him back in the day but it has not been scheduled at this time...he is planning on unofficially visiting kentucky for their combine scouting practice on october 10th & arizona on october 17th

dude is a smart guy, by working diligently in the classroom during summer school, swanigan has reclassified from the 2016 to the 2015 class...last season he had a 20 ppg & 12 rpg at homestead hs in fort wayne

caleb played on the usa team in dubai with bay area superstar ivan rabb & shot an unreal 69.6% for the victorious american team...both caleb & ivan have a lot in common from an outside interests (beyond basketball) perspective

swanigan's in homes visits to date include cal, michigan state, kentucky, pittsburgh, ucla, arizona, notre dame, purdue, auburn, new mexico, missouri, north carolina state, michigan & alabama

the key factor in this recruitment will be for cuonzo to secure an official visit from caleb to berkeley...if that happens, anything is possible at that point

"kentucky (check)
arizona (check)
thinking next week go out and see what coach conzo martin has out there in berkley california"
-caleb swanigan

diamond in the rough#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the midwest)

update: caleb swanigan will not be visiting berkeley this weekend but will likely trip during the pac 12 season...the staff is targeting the arizona, ucla & stanford games at haas for both official & unofficial (2016 & beyond) key targeted prospects visits
Shocky1
the california golden bears are actively targeting 2015 top 25 6'4" 180s lbs scoring machine tyler dorsey

dorsey made a decommitment to arizona after he was cut from the usa basketball under 18 basketball team by assistant coach sean miller...the wildcats staff envisioned tyler playing strictly the 2 despite his interest & ability to be multiple

last season at st john bosco (he knows the charismatic bryce treggs) tyler averaged 21.4 ppg, 6 rpg & 4.7 apg with a solid 3.3 gpa

a native of pasadena, dorsey will transfer back home to marantha for his sr season

tyler has offers (with a list that continues to grow) from national powerhouses but in terms of staying on the west coast (and playing against arizona in the pac 12, do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?) & playing for a hc who develops combo guard talent at the #1 ranked public university in the world, the bears will be a serious player particularly if ivan decides to join him in berkeley...cal's 2015 recruiting class is already off to an excellent start with former top 30 player stephen domingo already shining in practices during his blueshirt season, who's gonna be the 2nd top 40 commitment for the 2015 class?

cuonzo & co had dorsey's first in home visit with coaches on september 9th

tyler's mentors thru the recruiting process are his dad jerrid & dinos trignos, a longtime respected aau coach for belmont shore...his official visits schedule is as follows:
oregon-september 5th
colorado-september 19th
kansas-october 10th
arizona state-october 17th
cal-october 24th

the above list is noteable for the truly mediocre schools from an academic standpoint that will not realistically open any doors in life outside of basketball other than cal, the #1 ranked public university in the world & also the costly/time consuming plane flights from lax to those schools other than asu & cal...let's face it, a kansas degree isn't worth much in so cal, sure it might get you a part time:axe security job at paseo colorado but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

together we attack#

update: tyler dorsey & his family are flying into the bay area tonite & will begin (the ncca allowed 48 hours) their cal official visit tomorrow morning
Shocky1
it's true, an oregon degree is pretty helpful in getting a shift supervisor job at the truck stop in medford & eventually marrying a lot lizard

and then when those oregon cheerleaders leave eugene, they try to hook up & marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad

real talk#
Shocky1
"win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who steal & fight both on and off the court and also assault women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene"

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

seasons change, people change, dana altman ain't ever gonna change
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/inexeprience_sets_the_tone_as.html#incart_story_package
Shocky1
"t-wall on his day off: "i don't want to waste an opportunity to get better."cuonzo martin's impact is undeniable"
-nicodemus christopher

no only is tyrone attacking the rim more this season & gonna get to the free throw line for bonus points but t-wall's new novel is also $elling well at barnes & noble...yeah, it's true, cal student athletes are pretty multiple in their skills

concordtom
Shocky1;842387795 said:

Is there anyone on this board who would be pleased to have this be their daughter?
"grow up to be eye candy, honey. Be your best!"
She's attractive. Congratulations.
She's in college. Congratulations.
She has worked hard to make it onto a select squad. Congratulations.
The pin-up pose and seductive look into the camera. Sad.
Shocky1
concordtom;842388019 said:

Is there anyone on this board who would be pleased to have this be their daughter?
"grow up to be eye candy, honey. Be your best!"
She's attractive. Congratulations.
She's in college. Congratulations.
She has worked hard to make it onto a select squad. Congratulations.
The pin-up pose and seductive look into the camera. Sad.

tom, i would strongly suggest that you never, ever go to a beach particularly those in europe...a lot of girls at beaches got bangin' bodies

you are complaining to the wrong dude, my girlfriend cathy during my freshman year at cal was later in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue during her senior year...i've been told i've got quite a mouth on me, whatever...yeah, cal is a dream school in a lot of different ways, dog

my guess is that you don't got much of a suntan

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1

check out the seriously unhappy where's waldo lookalike with his hands on his head in the ugly yellow shirt in the upper left center of the photo

what about the human blimp with the dumb azz buzz cut & black sweatshirt just left of the basket who looks like he's staring down some dude who just took his glazed donuts

fun times for mr black jacket in the center of the photo who's about to hurl into his right hand

also gotta love the cute brunette duck cheerleader pumping her pom poms in support of justin cobb's ice in his veins buzzer beating game winner...i dunno maybe she's just smiling cuz she's checking out david kravish's package (real talk, that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal guys when they leave school, cal grads hold all the cards)

view to a kill#
this is cal basketball#
elderbear
And don't miss the little girl in the lower left corner who slept through it all...
Shocky1

as expected houston's spiderman is gonna stay home in texas at his longtime "dream school"...good luck to kerwin

but gotta give huf props for making effort to land the top 40 2015 prospect...there is never any shame in working your azz off in a unsuccessful attempt to pursue your dreams

i dunno, who knew that huf is also the lead singer for future islands?

Shocky1
favorable thigh gaps

oregon cheerleaders=future cal, stanford & ivy league girlfriends & wives

Shocky1
you like sitting on your azz for the half the game in his new platoon scheme with a dozen mcdonalds all americans sharing one basketball & the bench...the guy selling cokes at rupp is gonna get more action than 6'8" marcus lee (of course practicing is way more important in terms of nba skills development & fun than actually playing in basketball games according to some street agents)

ivan rabb's 5 finalists are cal, kentucky (tripping to lexington sunday & monday's blue/white scrimmage), arizona, kansas (november 7th) & ucla
brj1
lol at Rod Strickland on the KY bench. Yep, he is quite a role model for anyone familiar with his history. Rod Strickland, my god. He was an asst. at KY, before he moved on to So. Florida. But KY hired him to hold the bag. That says everything.
Shocky1
tyler, i get it, it's kinda exciting to go to the kansas basketball program's late night spectacle in lawrence, kansas...there's not a lot to do in lawrence & the jayhawks fans definitely support the team (when they're winning)

plus dr james naismith invented basketball

but as emotions from the trip level out, there are a few problems with kansas, right?

head coach bill self already has 2 young point guards on his roster in experienced point guard sophomore frank mason who played 16.2 mpg & is improving rapidy & incoming point guard devonte' graham...coach self has this to say about graham on signing day: "i think devonte' will be an immediate impact guy for us...we certainly solidified our position in the backcourt by bringing in a quality guy and I THINK DEVONTE' IS ONE OF THE PREMIER POINT GUARDS IN THE COUNTRY"...wow, tyler, did bill tell you the same thing too at his house?...ruh roh

another problem are the kansas winters...tyler, tomorrow at school go stand in your cafeteria's food locker for 15 minutes in a warm jacket, ok?...now how you gonna do that for 5 months?

what about the cost & time travel for your family & dino to visit lawrence to watch your games?...is your dad minted?...berkeley is within driving distance of pasadena & southwest flights are $119 each if you book in advance

do you wanna play in the midwest or the pac 12?...do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?

huge ******* problem is that academically kansas is considered a mediocre school with its 88.4% acceptance rate in 2014...if pro basketball doesn't work out, are you gonna be happy as a security guard at the paseo colorado mall for the rest of your life?...a kansas degree isn't going to open any doors in life but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

tyler, going on a recruiting trip to kansas for late night is kinda like the most popular school in girl telling everybody she wants to go to the senior prom with you...it's kinda exciting for a while but eventually you realize that the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english is really the girl of your dreams

cal basketball=the smart, funny, always smiling & curvy brunette girl in 3rd period english

together we attack#
Shocky1
arriving late in the spring of this year, coach martin & his staff quickly devised a 2015 recruiting strategy of targeting 7 top 50 (other than thybulle) 2015 prospects with high character characteristics & strong enough academic credentials to flourish at cal

cameron walker (stanford), matisse thybulle (washington) & kerwin roach (texas) made commitments to schools with which they have had longtime relationships with the coaches

the bears big 4 (who all have more athletic upside than the 3 guys listed above) are: tyler dorsey, brandon sampson, caleb swanigan & ivan rabb...the staff has made it very clear to ivan that their intent is to build the bears foundation for the future around him...rabb is a game changing, program changing local talent like j kidd...this is an opportunity for ivan to create a forever lasting legacy with cal basketball

cal's 2015 class is already jump started by former top 30 player stephen domingo...domingo is a deadly 3 point shooter but needs to attack the rim more & develop a mid range game similar to alan crabbe's nba development growth...during the closed practice i watched, domingo seemed too comfortable floating on the perimeter

while the staff is keeping an eye of several other 2015 prospects in what is a very fluid process, the current plan is to utilize any schollys left over after the big 4 on another graduate senior transfer(s) like dwight tarwater...due to the challenging admission requirements for cal's world class graduate programs, any graduate transfer would most likely be another ivy league student athlete

the staff wants as many schollys available for the loaded 2016 class led by east bay ringleader oscar frayer...whereas the 2015 focus is on a national basis, the 2016 & 2017 targets are more california (particularly nor cal) based

this is an exciting time for cal basketball but there's a lot of work ahead in continuing to build strong relationships that needs to be done

this is cal basketball#

HoopDreams
It ain't just Cal basketball and football that strives for excellence, and has World Class athletes

It's all Cal sports that compete at the highest level

Another example, is Cal Ashten Smith-Gooden, an All-American and the 5th ranked recruit in the Nation per PrepVolleyball
Cal's 2014 recruiting class was ranked 9th in the nation

Is there any doubt that Ashten and the Cal volleyball team are World Class athletes?

Shocky1
Shocky1;842383452 said:

hosted skippi, slim wadie & jonsie (who brought along his new girlfriend, shelby) today at my club in flagstaff (7000 elevation, 30 degrees cooler than scottsdale all year), forest highlands...yeah, the canyon course is the top ranked course in the state, the augusta national of arizona

so we get to the 9th tee and there's a delay so i entertain the guys & our caddies (moose is on my bag) with a headstand...and i notice that jonsie's gf is giving me the look & that she's wearing cfm pumps (which aren't the best shoes for walking a 6 mile golf round)

so anyways we get to the green & she creeps up behind me while i'm crouching & lining up my birdie putt...so i ask her "what do you think this is gonna do, maybe 2 cups left to right?"...and she leans into me from behind & whispers in my ear something that i can't repeat here but that involves 2 very flexible people & a wall...ruh roh

so when we finished i get jonsie downstairs alone in the men's locker room while everybody else is out on the patio having a drink & tell him exactly what happened on the golf course

jonsie: are you telling me everything?

me: totally

jonsie: did you do anything to lead her on?

me: no, well maybe the headstand but we were all there for that

jonsie: yeah, i know, you're always doing your gay azz yoga for us, not sure why

me: your welcome

jonsie: ****, why do i always pick the crazy ones?

me: i dunno, maybe because you're a dumb azz?...do you know about the crazy/hot matrix that i posted?

jonsie: shock, i don't have time for your stupid azz blog that you think is gonna someday help cal win a national championship

me: if i repost it before dinner, will you watch it?

jonsie: sure

me & jonsie (knuckle five each other): bros before hos

update: jonsie broke up with shelby this week...so shelby sends me an interesting pix or two of herself asking if i can believe that jonsie broke up with all that...so i sent the fotos to jonsie & all our mutual golfing buddies...for some reason, jonsie isn't returning my calls...ruh roh
mikecohen
Shocky1;842389884 said:

update: jonsie broke up with shelby this week...so shelby sends me an interesting pix or two of herself asking if i can believe that jonsie broke up with all that...so i sent the fotos to jonsie & all our mutual golfing buddies...for some reason, jonsie isn't returning my calls...ruh roh

Shocky: I encourage you to write a comic novel.
Shocky1
welcome 7'1" 260 lbs "sir" kingsley okoroh, coach martin's 1st commitment to the california golden bears

spoke with okoroh's hc jai steadman at westwind prep (i'm an acquaintance/not a drinking buddy of former suns tom chambers whose twins sons also attend westwind) in phx who emphasized several times that kingsley is an outstanding young man

okoroh has a 3.0+ gpa & his dad michael is a professor of facilities mgmt at the university of derby's school of engineering & technology...his dad has a family policy of mandatory good grades in order to play sports & is harder on his sons re: academics than athletics...kingsley bro is a bodybuilder back in england

westwind's academic tutor hannah has told steadman that kingsely is very polite & actively engaged in his schoolwork...apparently hannah doesn't say this about all of jai's players

okoroh season stats: 18 ppg, 12 rpg, 6 bpg & 4 apg

steadman thinks that okoroh like most young bigs has significant development potential on offense & has a nice soft touch...he shot 79% on fts & did not attempt any 3 pters, apparently kingsley does not think of himself as a stretch 4 like some former players & recruits

defensively steadman compared him to dikembe mutombo in terms of his ability to be a monster shot blocker & rebounder but still needs more strength to reach his potential

jai also told me he has known cuonzo for yrs & that he knows kingsley is in "very good hands" with coach martin

most rating services have not seen okoroh play but tom chambers thinks okoroh with hard work could have nba potential

kingsley, welcome to the #1 ranked public university in the world (including waterford, england)

kingsley's loi has been signed & received by the bears staff

okoroh should be academically good to go between his education in england (low achievement students are funneled into trade schools), findlay prep classes, westwind prep coursework & additional credits at grand canyon university (15 minutes from westwind prep)

okoroh is ranked as the 5th best prospect in europe by espn's bb recruitiing services

"i like kinglsey's ability to block shots and protect the rim...he continues to make great strides with his offense...kingsley has great size at 7'1" 260 pounds and has the chance to get bigger and stronger in our strength and conditioning program...i think he has a bright future in front of him and has a chance to be really good"
-cuonzo martin

before nooner yoga today i spoke with classmate padraig o'brien, a trainer/body developer for hs, college & nba (including 5 lottery picks) ballers...padraig has known westwind prep hc jai steadman for yrs & worked with this season's squad

padraig told me that kingsley is a very well mannered & polite young man who looks like a nba player when he walks in the door...his "strength is his ability to run & get up & down the floor"...he has not developed any reliable post interior moves at this time (which is typical for a young big)

i'm not gonna repeat padraig's funny comment but basically kingsley biggest challenge is that he hasn't quite developed his inner bad azz yet

when i mentioned the impressive okoroh video clip of blocking shots like mutombo, he laughed & said "when you play 70 games like westwind did this season, you can put together an impressive film package on anyone"

bottom line, padraig thinks kingsley has a significant upside but that the cal coaches are gonna have light a fuse or two with our english gentleman to spark his motor...king has gotta lose the polite gentleman afternoon tea at the dorchester mentality & become a relentless attacker like london's burning

"when we signed king, we knew he was a guy who could be good in the future...i think he will play early...he's still growing offensively...he's done a great job with his body...he's always been a shot blocker, he can rebound, outlet the ball...he has a defensive mindset first...he's really improved since he got here"
-cuonzo martin

"kinglsey's so big and long...he's really come a long ways since he's gotten here...he really blocks shots and he's really starting to understand his body and strength...defensively he can have an impact...on defense he's got the length and size to be a very good shot blocker...he's also got the timing for it...he'll even block my hook shot ever once in a while...his offense is developing...he's actually got a pretty good left handed hook for a right handed player
-david kravish

"kinglsey's really the x-factor...if he gets better by pac 12 play, he can get some minutes because he can really block shots...you just need him to block shots and do the things that he can do...he's getting better every day...he has some toughness to him too...he'll throw elbows in practice when he has too...he comes from an environment where he has to be a gentleman...i'm trying to get him away from that"
-cuonzo martin

never mind the bollocks#
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.