cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,367,541 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

jordan ford scored 19 points as the folsom bulldogs took a bite out of the oak ridge trojans 55-40
Vandalus
Shocky1;842443342 said:

a nba senior executive told me that tyrone wallace is no longer considered a draftable player by his organization for the 2015 draft

wallace needs to continue to develop his passing skills (overall court awareness), man on man d vs quick point guards & shooting consistency during the next season & a half

if the bears can bring in an elite level point guard or if one of the current roster guards emerges, i think tyrone's nba stock for the 2016 draft would improve by his sliding at times to the 2 or 3 next season and becoming more multiple

All those scouts we saw at the furd game weren't too impressed I'm guessing.
Shocky1

cougin' it#
yoga matters#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;GOd_fGFjeXY][/video]
Shocky1

left to right, jabari "let it fly" bird, tyrone "love it" wallace, brandon "the sniper" chauca, christian "the fast & furious" behrens, the king & jordan "alpha male" mathews

love these california golden bears, they stayed together as a team on the road & were mentally tough down the stretch

what a rollercoaster (sometimes the ending is gonna surpirze you)

life ain't linear#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
Shocky1;842387215 said:

is this shocky after yoga?...nah, it's my favorite filipino/peruvian d1 basketball california golden bear

"600+ shots today with the squad, trying to make every shot a perfect one"
-brandon chauca

guns#

brandon chauca's azz has been nailed to the bench for most of the season, did he start to feel sorry for his broken down azz?

no, the son of a military sniper just kept working even harder & was the difference maker tonite vs his college runner up choice the washington cougars

brandon scored 10 points on 4-7 fgs including 2-5 3 pointers (and a couple of them curled in & out) along with 3 assists but most importantly the spacing for the bears offense finally opened up for the 1st time in the pac 12 season

to serve and protect this great nation#
salute#
Shocky1
after being burned back door late in the the arizona game, a completely pissed off jabari bird screamed at the skies..i turned to my daughter shay & told her that maybe our former mcdonald's all american is gonna start playing with a little more passion & intensity this season

tonite the bird was in a 100% attack mode with a team high 8 rebounds & focused d...during jb's career at cal he has usually pulled up short on loose balls to avoid violent collisions, that was not the case tonite...yeah, the 12 points & 2 assists were important but it was jabari's intense demeanor in boarding & physical style of play on d that suggest the bird is gonna start flying

Shocky1
t-wall scored 26 points on 10-17 fgs including 1-2 3 pointers & 5-6 fts along with 7 boards & a block...with only 1 assist the bears gotta slide tyrone more off the point to let him do his thing, let t-wall love it

HoopDreams
Dude has a career day, but gives props to his teammate...

HoopDreams
Shocky1
jaquan lyle, a 2.5 gpa dumb azz 5 star baller was suspended for fighting in high school & then denied admission into the university (sort of) of oregon

even after being denied admission criminal dana altman continued to recruit lyle at the img academy in florida

jaquan is gonna ball out at ohio state after making a commitment to the buckeyes

big recruiting loss for altman but no worries, he got more dumb azzs on speed dial
Shocky1
Shocky1;842438360 said:

one of the limiting factors to last season's california golden bears was the lack of a true leader, an alpha male...the 3 seniors were all more inwardly focused than team focused, they didn't even bother to attend the year end team banquet with their teammates

this year's team is also searching for an alpha male

there is only so much that an alpha male like cuonzo can do from the bench, a leader has gotta emerge from the floor...both tyrone wallace & david kravish are lead by example kind of guys, the bears need somebody way more vocal than that

the guy that has always got something to say, the guy most like me in a lot of ways, is jordan mathews...dude has gotta rally his teammates, to impose his fierce will on the game, to boldy with a swagger not accept defeat, to be mentally tougher than the sorry azz clowns in the other uniforms

check out this exclusive cal's monster class video coverage of bears alpha male jordan mathews (#13) playing football...that's what i'm talking about

it should also be pointed out that both tyler dorsey & ivan rabb are soft spoken, jordan mathews needs to emerge as an alpha male now

the time is now#

a fun aspect of watching my boy jordan mathews play in person is that chunk is always talking to himself, his lips are moving beneath that mouthguard...i totally get that, lots of people have told me that i also talk to myself during golf, yoga & walking them dogs...shayster (shay & taylor) also say i also sing to myself all the time, "diamonds are forever and evah, evah, evah!"

last nite mathews got off to a brutal start with a foul + a technical in the first 50 seconds & was scoreless in the 1st half...last year the kid would've thrown a pity party for himself & been done, put a fork in roscoes

this year jordan is much more focused & mature...the bears won by 9 & they needed each & every of his late in the game clutch 9 points when the **** was on the line...gotta love it when mathews ******* screams & chest bumps his teammates after big baskets, that's what i'm talking about

jordan mathews=alpha male

this is cal basketball#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842446165 said:

a fun aspect of watching my boy jordan mathews play in person is that chunk is always talking to himself, his lips are moving beneath that mouthguard...i totally get that, lots of people have told me that i also talk to myself during golf, yoga & walking them dogs...shayster (shay & taylor) also say i also sing to myself all the time, "diamonds are forever and evah, evah, evah!"

last nite mathews got off to a brutal start with a foul + a technical in the first 50 seconds & was scoreless in the 1st half...last year the kid would've thrown a pity party for himself & been done, put a fork in roscoes

this year jordan is much more focused & mature...the bears won by 9 & they needed each & every of his late in the game clutch 9 points when the **** was on the line...gotta love it when mathews ******* screams & chest bumps his teammates after big baskets, that's what i'm talking about

jordan mathews=alpha male

this is cal basketball#

My favorite moment of the game was when Jordan makes the and one. Bird comes over to congrad. Jordan accepts it and then instantly looks for King to give him props for the sweet dime.
#teambasketballiscool
Shocky1
Shocky1;842443518 said:

j kidd, like a lot of cal guys, met the girl of his dreams...j had a couple of mulligans along the way, what a rollercoaster

beware the crazzy ones#

failure to watch the following instructional video will result in SEVERE adverse consequences for cal basketball players & recruits

ignore at your own risk

you're welcome
Shocky1
oscar frayer scored 20 points with 10 rebounds & damari milstead facilitated with 8 assists & 16 points as the moreau catholic mariners dated the newark memorial cougars on a friday nite 73-54
Shocky1

carlos johnson scored 20 points on 9-12 fgs along with 9 boards, 3 blocks, 3 assists & 3 steals in 18 productive minutes as the el cerrito gauchos did not remember the hercules titans 74-31

the birthday boy is continuing to make academic progress/working harder in the classroom

carlos johnson=student athlete

men take care of their business#
Shocky1
the forever bonded montera middle school classmates (along with asha thomas) shined brightly as diamonds with paris austin scoring 32 points & ivan rabb scoring 23 points including an uneven cut 6-12 fts as the bishop o'dowd dragons demanded conflict free justice from the san leandro pirates 74-57 despite a rare technical foul on a fired up lou richie

[video=youtube;Z2yqxXhwOsA][/video]

california open state championship quest#
HoopDreams
after sitting out for an extended period, and getting back on the court for a couple games, but not in rhythm, [COLOR="#000080"]Jabari Bird[/COLOR] played a complete game to help beat Washington State, with 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and a vastly improving defense

He's back! (even though not yet 100%)

Shocky1
jordan ford scored 22 points as the folsom bulldogs mauled the granite bay grizzlies 62-48
Shocky1
Shocky1;842429144 said:

kevin johnson, a former nba all star & a grad of both sacramento high school & cal (got his degree in 4 years, men take care of their business) and currently the mayor of sacramento, made the following comments at a recent national league of cities mayorial symposium on major issues immpacting municipalities:

kj: make no mistake about it, if we had had a cal's monster class thread back in the day, there's no doubt the bears would have competed for a ncaa national championship...and for the fashion record, this shirt is not pink, it's fuschia...brandon chauca and shocky aren't the only cal guys who can wear fuschia you know...thank you

current sacramento high's 2016 standouts solomon young & christian terrell are on cal's recruiting radar

solomon young plays physical lockdown d with a beast mode punishing style of play

christian terrell is an unselfish high basketball iq smooth distributor/facilitator with length

yeah, sacramento is bears territory

solomon young scored 9 points with 8 boards and 2 blocks & christian terrell scored 19 points with 3 steals as the sacramento hornets pinked (not fuschiad) the florin panthers 81-41
Shocky1

ben kone scored 16 points including a 3 pointer as the archbishop mitty monarchs jousted the st francis lancers 62-41
HoopDreams

and although on injured reserve, don't forget....

bearmanpg
A lot can be said about recruiting the type athlete Ben Kone is......recruiting kids who will most likely play for 4 years may be the model Cal should be emulating....Wisconsin is a good example....you may not be able to recruit enough of the one and dones (or two and dones) to build a sustainable program....Cal can definitely compete for the players who will stay 4 years but you have to go after the very best of the 4 year guys and mold them year after year..
Shocky1
Shocky1;842341924 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 6'7" 200 lbs sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce tregg's hs) in bellflower

jackson is a top 50 2016 player that played well this summer on the aau circuit for belmont shore displaying a more aggressive style of play...the unselfish team player has offers from arizona, defending ncca champs uconn along with most of the pac 12...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast

a key factor in vance's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world including so cal)

vance jackson scored 31 points including 10-16 fgs and 3-6 3 pointers along with 7 boards & 3 steals as the st john bosco braves menaced the servite friars 88-65
Shocky1
Shocky1;842437982 said:

jayce johnson, a 2016 6'10 215 lbs big is now cleared to play for santa monica hs after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei

johnson works hard on defense & can finish with either hand...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'

jayce is a terrific student with a 4.0 gpa & is interested in cal, stanford, utah, ucla among other schools...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marks (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal this summer & will do so again after the high school season concludes

the vikings with jonah mathews & jayce johnson are gonna be a team to watch

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

jayce johnson scored 17 points with 15 boards & 4 blocks as jj & jonah mathews led santa monica vikings kicked the hawthorne cougars to the curb 61-51

phil hecht's viking express#
HoopDreams
ESPN Top 100 Bishop O'Dowd basketball star, and entering Cal freshmen, Asha Thomas gives an assist to El Cerrito High Cal Recruit Carlos Johnson...

[video=youtube;J8TcWBBHx6E][/video]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=7]Rep the Bay[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Shocky1

bears practiced in seattle this morning

half the stuff christian is telling guys about the emerald city ain't true

pretty sure sammy isn't dreaming about buying a condo in the cold azz drizzly northwest someday

beat the patriots, beast mode rumbles#
Shocky1

mcdonalds all american caleb swanigan scored 16 points with 19 boards & 7 assists as the homestead hulked the dekalb barons 54-31...swanigan is averaging 23.1 points & 14.8 rebounds a game...it is not known how many dumb azz guards that try to attack the basket with caleb in the paint are injured per game

Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842445088 said:

Was anyone in Boston Tuesday for the whiteout?

in my world travels i have observed that people from mixed ethnic & cultural backgrounds are less likely to engage in discriminatory actions & to be more tolerant of other social groups & their beliefs

yeah, pretty sure that christian behrens, kameron rooks, brandon chauca, stephen domingo, ivan rabb & j cole know what i'm talkin' about

i would not be surprised if ivan rabb ends up marrying & starting a family someday with an egyptian, not surprised at all

shocky is a mutt#
diversity#
HoopDreams

[video=youtube;64neDXrcCAs][/video]
HoopDreams
Congrats to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Aaron Rodgers[/COLOR] for winning the NFL MVP (for second time)

Shocky1
jonah mathews & jayce johnson both scored 14 points as the santa monica vikings roadblocked the durango trailblazers 59-50 at the fairfax classis with huf scouting the 2016 cal targets

Shocky1
tyler dorsey scored 31 points including 25 points in the 2nd half as the marantha minutemen were bitten 76-51 by the chino hills huskies with huf in the stands at the fairfax classic

td is arguably the most en fuego scoring guard in the nation right now

yeah, ronald mcdonald & sean miller are dumb azzs

HoopDreams
so you're a betting man huh?

here are some Las Vegas odds on the Pac 12 reported by PacHoops...

[SIZE=5]Herb Sendek gets extended: 3-1
Spencer Dinwiddie given 6 week D-League assignment in Boulder: 4-1
Robert Upshaw transfers to Oregon: 6-1
Robert Upshaw transfers from Oregon: 6-1
Bryce Alford plays 41 minutes in regulation: 9-1[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.