cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,367,577 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[video=youtube;Eqn_OiZEMEM][/video]

who's the dumb azz in the purple shirt & blue cal cap rushing the t-wall midcourt celebration?

yeah, haas pavilion is my palace

won't you join me & my daughter taylor saturday nite at 5:00 when your california golden bears attack the ucla bruins?

let it fly#
concordtom
Shocky1;842450494 said:

24/7 candy azz soft whining/annoying trojan#

Best player on the floor, however, tonight.
concordtom
Shocky1;842450510 said:

who's the dumb azz in the purple shirt & blue cal cap rushing the t-wall midcourt celebration?

won't you join me & my daughter taylor saturday nite at 5:00 when your california golden bears attack the ucla bruins?

let it fly#
but did you wear socks under those nice shoes?
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842450510 said:

let it fly#

Hey Shockey...showing a pretty quick first step...beat the students on the floor....you still got it!!!!!!!!
KoreAmBear
bearmanpg;842450526 said:

Hey Shockey...showing a pretty quick first step...beat the students on the floor....you still got it!!!!!!!!

Dang Shockster -- your 50 year decision almost was up tonight after you got bounced. Way to go!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842448803 said:

strong offensive game for jb vs washington scoring 12 points on an efficient 6-10 fgs in the bears strongest offensive outburst since the syracuse victory with dicky v, jeff "3 chins" goodman & kanye jr (me) all sitting courtside at madison square garden

but bird got abused a couple of times defensively by the huskies & only managed 2 rebounds (in 23 minutes) both of which were offensive putbacks after his misses...jb also pulled up several times again on 50/50 loose balls to avoid violent collisions, look if you're worried about getting hurt, let's get a hockey mask for your face & then's let go kick some azz, ok?

the primary difference in terms of nba evaluations between jabari bird & aaron gordon is that gordon's got a non stop physical motor that relentlessly is running all the ******* time

a large asu donor/golf buddy told me that the sun devils scouting report says that you don't like contact & that if you are bumped early & often you will get frustrated & thrown off your game...jabari, is that **** true?

usc is a crooked shooting team (.413 fgs & .304 3 pointers) so there's gonna be a lot of long azz rebounds & 50/50 balls all game...to the trojans credit they are physical & manhandled your teammates (you dnp because of the injury) when they played candy azz soft last month at the galen center

jabari, can we count on both you & jordan mathews to fight/crash the boards for a dozen+ rebounds together from your wing positions?...zero defensive rebounds from you again will result in a bears defeat, count on it...can we count on you to consistently stay in a strong defensive position (not standing straight up) & play to your virtually unlimited potential?

when i attended a closed cal basketball practice before the season, i asked nicodemus who had really worked hard & improved their bodies during the offseason...yeah, he's real diplomatic and all but i finally got him to tell me that you might've made the biggest strides forward in muscle gain, etc...you are physically capable of 10+ board game vs usc, nobody outworked you last offseason

jabari, to your credit, you no longer whine about officials' calls like you did last season...solo & cobbs were not good role models for you in that sense...you are playing focused basketball, trying to make a difference with your head in the game, you are truly a great teammate

but you gotta bring it boarding & defensively thursday nite at haas pavilion for the bears to earn another hard fought victory

out

jabari "heart & soul" bird left it all on the court last nite

intense defensive effort + 7 boards + 5 assists + 8 points + a steal=cal victory

beat ucla#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]with two trojans playing out of their minds, it was Tyrone Wallace that provided the [COLOR="#0000CD"]ice[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
KoreAmBear;842450533 said:

Dang Shockster -- your 50 year decision almost was up tonight after you got bounced. Way to go!

koream, my yoga practice & golf game have taught me that we can learn new things everyday, right?

last nite i learned don't run up the back of a 235 lb dude built like a brick building when rushing the court

i dunno, maybe next time i'm gonna run into someone my own size like brandon chauca or my favorite smokin' hot cal dance team member from missouri or a fellow dumb azz like oski

petalumabear
Shocky1;842450589 said:

koream, my yoga practice & golf game have taught me that we can learn new things everyday, right?

last nite i learned don't run up the back of a 235 lb dude built like a brick building when rushing the court

i dunno, maybe next time i'm gonna run into someone my own size like brandon chauca or my favorite smokin' hot cal dance team member from missouri or a fellow dumb azz like oski

Shocky. That was incredibly logical coming from you (:-)) .. Don't tell me you've started maturing all of a sudden! Sorry to have missed your big break out moment.
bearmanpg
My take as I witnessed it live is: Shockey, already in an upright, agitated state, sees Ty drain the winning 3....immediately Shockey's finely tuned, fast twitch muscles react and propel him to mid-court while wildly flailing his arms around.....in a split second Shockey's Cal education kicked in and he realized he better get his stoopid AZZ out of the way of a pack of fired up Cal students....Shockey spins out of trouble and returns to the sidelines while still flailing his arms and leaping (3 inch verticle) around aimlessly....Another example of how a Cal education pays off in spades....I loved it Shockey!!!!!!!
89Bear
Maybe Shocky suddenly realized he wore a weak-azz purple sweater to a Bear home game and Bear players might react violently thinking they were being attacked by Barney or something?

Wins are fun...
Bobodeluxe
concordtom;842450520 said:

Best player on the floor, however, tonight.

He did look pretty good.
Shocky1
89Bear;842450787 said:

Maybe Shocky suddenly realized he wore a weak-azz purple sweater to a Bear home game and Bear players might react violently thinking they were being attacked by Barney or something?

Wins are fun...

89, i do not & will not ever own a sweater, ok?...sweaters are for 80 year old guys playing golf at la quinta in the palm desert before they retire to the nest for afternoon cocktails afterwards to talk about the cute cart girl, that's not me, hope that's not you

for the record, i was wearing a purple vilebrequin linen dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up that i got at their flagship store in paris & an inscribed cal block c golf cap given to me by coach desimone (gotta love des)

merci beaucoup

it's called fashion, look it up#
Shocky1
89Bear;842450787 said:

Wins are fun...

barney got issues#
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842450781 said:

My take as I witnessed it live is: Shockey, already in an upright, agitated state, sees Ty drain the winning 3....immediately Shockey's finely tuned, fast twitch muscles react and propel him to mid-court while wildly flailing his arms around.....in a split second Shockey's Cal education kicked in and he realized he better get his stoopid AZZ out of the way of a pack of fired up Cal students....Shockey spins out of trouble and returns to the sidelines while still flailing his arms and leaping (3 inch verticle) around aimlessly....Another example of how a Cal education pays off in spades....I loved it Shockey!!!!!!!

thx mel, you forget to mention the relentless ******* non stop motor, 4.0 gpa & numerous off the field problems

the big board#
Shocky1

stone cold killer with ice in his veins#
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842450840 said:

He did look pretty good.

thx bobo, but you not my type
OldenBear
Shocky1;842451007 said:

stone cold killer with ice in his veins#

you all need to know (you'll notice in the photo) that even the old, old Blues were standing up (after the students started chanting) for the last couple seconds. And who was one of the first to do so in the court-side seats? Yeah - getting the knees warmed up for the post-game sprint.

no worry, Shock. Sec 18 has your back.

where will the rest of you be on Sat night#
KoreAmBear
OldenBear;842451045 said:

you all need to know (you'll notice in the photo) that even the old, old Blues were standing up (after the students started chanting) for the last couple seconds. And who was one of the first to do so in the court-side seats? Yeah - getting the knees warmed up for the post-game sprint.

no worry, Shock. Sec 18 has your back.

where will the rest of you be on Sat night#

Is that the Shockster at the far left, courtside? That is a purple dress shirt finely crafted from Paris.
Vandalus
KoreAmBear;842451061 said:

Is that the Shockster at the far left, courtside? That is a purple dress shirt finely crafted from Paris.

Indubitably.
KoreAmBear
Vandalus;842451063 said:

Indubitably.

Did you use that recently in court?
Vandalus
Objection!
concordtom
Shocky1;842450973 said:

89, i do not & will not ever own a sweater, ok?...sweaters are for 80 year old guys playing golf at la quinta in the palm desert before they retire to the nest for afternoon cocktails afterwards to talk about the cute cart girl, that's not me, hope that's not you

for the record, i was wearing a purple vilebrequin linen dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up that i got at their flagship store in paris & an inscribed cal block c golf cap given to my des (gotta love des)

merci beaucoup

But were you wearing socks?
You know, Sherlock, your online/Cal persona has, I think, overtaken your real life golf persona.
Keep it up!
Shocky1
oscar frayer, the ringleader of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016), scored 18 points including 3 3 pointers & 2017 pg damari milstead scored 20 points as the moreau catholic mariners jettisoned the mission san jose warriors 105-65

frank knight's student athletes#
Shocky1

carlos johnson had a rough nite with 11 points & fouled out as the el cerrito gauchos (22-3) serenaded the salesian pride 71-66

salute#
Shocky1

solomon young scored 23 points on 8-15 fgs along with 9 boards, 2 steals & 6 turnovers and christian terrell scored 12 points on 4-8 fgs along with 6 boards, 4 assists, 3 assists & 2 turnovers as the sacramento dragons (20-4) did not remember the burbank titans 65-58... mayor/nba all star/cal grad kevin johnson dnp for sac high

Shocky1

in limited pt jonah mathews led the santa monica vikings in their final home game of the season to a 51-26 capturing of the culver city centaurs

who knew dept: a centaur is a creature with the lower body of a horse & the upper body of a human

to be honest with you, half of the fun of checking out high school basketball gotta be the crazy azz mascots
Shocky1
Shocky1;842405338 said:

my daughter taylor took the above game action foto last weekend, she's convinced that #24 is staring at her fashionable jacket, whatever

listening to taylor discuss the game isn't exactly the same as listening to mike montgomery in terms of insightful basketball analysis:

"why aren't the bears guarding him?" (during an opponent's free throws)

"did they forget to put a chair out for the bald guy in the suit?" (referencing cuonzo martin's preference for standing all game)

"how come the bears are wearing grey and not blue & gold, those are better colors" (i dunno, maybe they got no fashion sense at all)

"is oksi a male or a female?" (who knows, oski is a mascot, ok?)

"brenden glapion is very cute plus he's left handed" (wow, i did not know that)

trust me, pretty sure roxy, todd mciim & jay john not gonna seek out taylor as their broadcast color partner anytime soon

pointing at the scorer's table, "how come we aren't sitting over there?" (because we don't have black & white zebra striped shirts)

"why isn't brenden playing the whole game, is the coach mad at him?" (better question is why do you socialize with your friends all the time instead of taking 5 honors classes like shay?)

"don't you think nick hamilton looks like kyle (her big brother?)" (yeah but i think both guys are scaring off females with their 1000 days deserted island survivor facial hair, no wonder they both have 4.0+ gpas)

"where's ivan rabb sitting?" (i dunno, probably with j kidd & j cole)

"when we go to the city after the game can we go to union square in san francisco?" (sweetie, the stores are all closed, nice try)

my fashionista daughter taylor flew in friday evening after her final high school class for the day & she's gonna attend the ucla game with me (after we tour usf this morning)

fuchsia#
Go!Bears
Shocky1;842450973 said:

89,for the record, i was wearing a purple vilebrequin linen dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up...

and you call your daughter a fashionista? Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree... BTW, do they know you have a blog? Mine would have killed me in my sleep if they knew I wrote about them.

Keep it coming though (like you could stop...). I'm loving it.
concordtom
Hey Shocky,
I just remembered! I think you made a promise some months ago to go all out Robin Ficker on Coach Alford today at this matchup in Haas. Unlike Ficker, who sat behind the Washington Bullets opponents bench, you are directly across, and so you and Coach can look each other square in the eye when doing it! Don't use "it would embarrass Taylor" as an excuse not to. I expect her to get in on it, in fact. Maybe she can arrange for some VICTORIA-like stunt to distract Bryce. Bat those big ASU-daughter eyelashes his way? Maybe she can ditch the boots and skirt and simply don a trench coat and do like that Duke dude did once, the thong flasher!
Or, maybe, just maybe, Steve will send Bryce over to hard retrieve a loose ball in your lap, in which case you should be prepared to defend yourself with a knee to the crotch.
Enjoy the game!
Here's another plan, beyond USF to think about Taylor. Go to a california community college for 2 yrs, get straight a's and bust ass to get yourself into Bezerkely as a California resident JC transfer. I hear it's easier than straight out of hs. This way, you can not only continue the family tradition, but avoid the freshman drinking idiocy that plagues so many 18 yr olds in the dorms. And since everyone needs a masters to get by now anyways, you can stay at Cal for 4 yrs as a grad student to get the full experience. How about foothill college on the peninsula? Then you can get acquainted with silicon valley -though I know not what career you want afterwards...

But for tonight, slay the alfords! Not literally, of course. This is a violence free message board. Even Robin Ficker believed in non violent heckling. Check him out to get a few ideas!
concordtom
PS: Taylor, every time I've gotten close and personal, Oski has been a chick. Look for the small hole in the eye grill thru which a tube can be inserted for beverage consumption. Tonight it'll be water, I imagine. At football games, it's beer. The tube is kept rolled up in the sweater pocket - the only thing oski carries around. You can even ask Oski to show you how it's done! Try offering "it" a beverage of its choice!

...no word on whether there is a second tube inside the costume leading to a vacuum sealed bag for later hazardous waste removal.
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842450973 said:

for the record, i was wearing a purple vilebrequin linen dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up that i got at their flagship store in paris & an inscribed cal block c golf cap given to me by coach desimone (gotta love des)

merci beaucoup

Linen shirt in the middle of winter? Smdh.

#fashionfauxpas #fashionpolice
bearmanpg
concordtom;842451320 said:

Hey Shocky,
I just remembered! I think you made a promise some months ago to go all out Robin Ficker on Coach Alford today at this matchup in Haas. Unlike Ficker, who sat behind the Washington Bullets opponents bench, you are directly across, and so you and Coach can look each other square in the eye when doing it! Don't use "it would embarrass Taylor" as an excuse not to. I expect her to get in on it, in fact. Maybe she can arrange for some VICTORIA-like stunt to distract Bryce. Bat those big ASU-daughter eyelashes his way? Maybe she can ditch the boots and skirt and simply don a trench coat and do like that Duke dude did once, the thong flasher!
Or, maybe, just maybe, Steve will send Bryce over to hard retrieve a loose ball in your lap, in which case you should be prepared to defend yourself with a knee to the crotch.
Enjoy the game!
Here's another plan, beyond USF to think about Taylor. Go to a california community college for 2 yrs, get straight a's and bust ass to get yourself into Bezerkely as a California resident JC transfer. I hear it's easier than straight out of hs. This way, you can not only continue the family tradition, but avoid the freshman drinking idiocy that plagues so many 18 yr olds in the dorms. And since everyone needs a masters to get by now anyways, you can stay at Cal for 4 yrs as a grad student to get the full experience. How about foothill college on the peninsula? Then you can get acquainted with silicon valley -though I know not what career you want afterwards...

But for tonight, slay the alfords! Not literally, of course. This is a violence free message board. Even Robin Ficker believed in non violent heckling. Check him out to get a few ideas!

IIRC it was Altman not Alford.....I was hoping to be at the OU game to see the show...
OdontoBear66
NYCGOBEARS;842451362 said:

Linen shirt in the middle of winter? Smdh.

#fashionfauxpas #fashionpolice

Guys from Scottsdale. There is no winter aside an occasional Mexican flash flood type affair. Linen all year long.
NYCGOBEARS
OdontoBear66;842451394 said:

Guys from Scottsdale. There is no winter aside an occasional Mexican flash flood type affair. Linen all year long.

That doesn't make it right.
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.