cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,272,562 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jaylen brown & nick kerr gotta be travel roommates this season

jaylen knows he wanna be a nba general manager/owner someday

nick knows 1st hand about his dad's experiences as the general manager for the phoenix suns before coaching full time

Shocky1
cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 2016 top 50 6'8" 215 lbs nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vj is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast, like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff...the cal staff is working to coordinate an unofficial visit for the jackson family to visit berkeley this summer

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance would be an ideal cal fit to join ringleader oscar frayer (also recently took the sat) as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including southern california)

Shocky1
the bears staff has offered troy brown jr, a 6'4" 175 lbs point guard from las vegas centennial & the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

brown is playing aau ball this summer for the las vegas prospects under the watchful eyes of cal coaches...troy is a combo guard (coach martin loves guys who are multiple) with extraordinary length with lethal passing skills & a deadly shooting touch

what's the best thing about troy?...he's got a 3.7 gpa, basketball is not gonna define troy brown jr & that's really bad news for academically mediocre schools that are recruiting this true student athlete

troy would be an amazing leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...he's no lupe fiasco, that's for sure

the university of californa, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Chapter 5 of the Elite vs Elite series
This time up: [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] vs Stephen Zimmerman
ESPN rates Zimmerman the #12 recruit in 2015[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;iX8vJ6JYFR4][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842501665 said:

no wonder kim k wanna dump that sorry broken azz kayne for me to get them cal tixs, a yoga partner & probably golf swing tips too

kim k spent $110,000 this week to rent out the staples center so kayne could hoop it up with his crew

i dunno, when she dumps that dude for me i'm gonna suggest we instead write a check for $109,986 & hand deliver it to the local animal rescue center and then go get a desert to share for 14 bucks including a tip at true foods after yoga

so many doggies need a home, do you got room at your place for a sweet soul that needs your love?

an animal's love will be still be with you long after the **** you bought is gone
Shocky1
You are legally dead if you can stare at the 2 photos above for 60 seconds & not mist up a little bit.
XXXOOO
Taylor
Shocky1

"huge thank you to san quentin state penitentiary for providing a once in a lifetime experience...we grew as men today...#cal basketball"
-brandon v chauca (may 9th, 2015)

under coach martin's leadership in developing high character young men, the cal basketball program does more community service work than any other collegiate basketball program in the united states...coach's prioritiies include academic achievement & accepting responsibility to help/serve those that are less fortunate which are truly core values of the university of california, berkeley

visiting san quentin is very personal for coach martin, his older brother dale spent 10 years in prison before finding a better path in life

looking for sugar man#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842429298 said:

happy holidays from capetown, south africa

took my family to robben island where former president of south africa & human activist nelson mandela was imprisoned for 18 years because of his outspoken efforts to abolish apartheid (segregation) policies...to understand the roots of the civil rights movement in the united states & the university of california-berkeley's role in those important efforts, nelson mandela's courageous views should be studied & appreciated

we all went para gliding off signal mountain (adjacent to table mountain)...an experienced (and preferably sober) guide flies with you

also said hello to the warm weather penguins (only other place i've seen them is melbourne) in simon's town

today we spent christimas morning in a shantytown, to see the reactions in the eyes of my kids shay, taylor & kyle is something i won't forget for a while...we were invited into homes made creatively out of virtually every construction piece of material possible, a one room house the size of a cal dorm rooming sleeping 10 people (3 families) every night

we ate lunch with a family, the mom had a 7 inch knife scar on her neck...as we left we all told lele & her family merry christmas & i gave her a gift of rands equal to a year's wages which was received with tears & appreciation...lele is a heroic mom doing the best she can under unimaginable circumstances, she is my idol

moms matter#

one of the highlights of our christmas/new years eve family trip to south africa (trust me it wasn't finding out that in the 1st game i missed all season that them bears lost to cal state bakersfield) was lunching with stephen "sugar man" segerman

hoping our california golden bears will come together this summer & watch as a team "looking for sugar man" which won the 2013 oscar award for the best documentary at the 85th academy awards

you can complain about **** in life but after seeing/hearing the story of sixto rodriguez you might think twice

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]X-Man [COLOR="#0000CD"]Stephen Domingo[/COLOR] at the SF Pro Am
(and another guy who's pretty good too)[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;N6g4Hkh0eS0][/video]

Shocky1

team: washington state cougars

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 12th place (last place)

coach: ernie "donor lover" kent

what you need to know about kent: ernie got pushed out the door in eugene for having an affair with the married wife of a major donor (not phil knight)...at an academically mediocre school like oregon you can recruit low character basketball players with criminal records who got low gpas that aren't interested in graduating with a degree that ultimately rape female students on campus & that won't get you fired (just ask altman) but if you bang the wife of someone important to the athletic department, you're done baby, pack your **** & get out of town

what up in pullman?: the cougars best player davonte lacy (team high 16.9 ppg) along with bears killer jordan railey (the catalyst for the cougs upset victory in berkeley on january 4th with 17 points) & starting wing dexter dexter kernich-drew are gone...returning junior josh hawkenson (14.7 pgg & 10.8 rpg) & junior ike iroegbu (team high 3.4 apg & 8.9 ppg) won't got get much support this season

what this means for the bears: if the bears hibernate & don't take them cougs seriously, they will lose another ******* game to wsu...that would truly be a shame

my niece bailey doing a selfie with klay thompson at haas this season, dude is bailey's favorite golden state warrior

i dunno klay thompson isn't even my favorite washington state cougar, it's really not even close

Vineyardview
According to noted AAU pundit, Rick Isaacs, Yanni and Cuonzo should not be sleeping on Jonah Mathews.‏

"Jonah Mathews looks like the best playa in LA rt now!!"

"Jonah Mathews is a pg...end of story!! Gilbert Arenas type!!"

"Wet as hot t shirt contest!! Jonah Mathews is Gilbert Arenas again folks... Hibaahchee for you, Hibaaahchee for 3!!!"
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842505708 said:

According to noted AAU pundit, Rick Isaacs, Yanni and Cuonzo should not be sleeping on Jonah Mathews.‏

"Jonah Mathews looks like the best playa in LA rt now!!"

"Jonah Mathews is a pg...end of story!! Gilbert Arenas type!!"

"Wet as hot t shirt contest!! Jonah Mathews is Gilbert Arenas again folks... Hibaahchee for you, Hibaaahchee for 3!!!"

viney, cal's remarkable upward ascension in the collegiate basketball recruiting world is not the "yanni and cuonzo" show

coach webster is very likeable with an easy going demeanor and is building real/sincere relationships with the bears targeted recruits along with their families & coaches

rick pitino sought out wyking jones to join his louisville staff prior to their national championship trophy because wyking is considered "one of the top 5 assistants" with respects to recruiting in the nation

s&c guru nicodemus christopher is fun to talk to & his energy/enthusiasm levels are off the charts, nicodemus was an integral part of jaylen brown's decision to become a bear

huf is a highly effective 24/7 workaholic who will be on the short list for every mid major program open head coaching position in the near future

coach martin is as strong a recruiting head coach as anybody including coach cal with a genuine interest in student athletes achieving both in the classroom (unlike coach cal who does not consider the pursuit of educational goals as part of his job description) & on the court

cal has one of the nation's most effective recruiting staffs, it's 5 guys (along with the essential contributions of the support staff) working together toward a common goal at the #1 ranked public university in the world

but yeah, jonah mathews is definitely on cal's radar & arguably understands the lifestyle & work demands of a cal student athlete better than anyone because of his older brother...jonah is 6'2" 175 lbs & is a top 75 player in the 2016 class

the bears are also targeting jonah's santa monica vikings teammate jayce johnson, a 7' 235 lbs top 75 player in the 2016 class

it should be emphasized that jonah & jayce (4.0 gpa) are both excellent students, they are truly cal fits

this is cal basketball#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Jabari ![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842453432 said:

insightful breakdown of the usc stormin' the court scene at haas pavilion by mike vernon...check out the clip of coach webster doing the happy dance, he's a couple feet left of center court near the scorer's table...i gave coach a quick shoulder hug that nite (definitely did not dance with him, no that did not happen)

stormin' newell court, that **** is fun

http://blog.sfgate.com/cal/2015/02/06/gifs-looking-at-tyrone-wallaces-shot-and-the-ensuing-celebration/

let it fly#

it's not particularly well known but coach webster's primary dream in life is to someday be a contestant on dancing with the stars & that back in the day (when he had more hair) he was the lead singer for earth, wind & fire

the happy dance#

"don't underestimate the ability of zo martin and his lieutenants, the brash one yanni and while others sleep tracy big dub webster eats streets...growing up in chicago tracy learned that loose lips sink ships...like a torpedo he runs silent...runs deep!...cal gotta another rabit in the hat!!...against all odds the rabbits r becoming bigger and bigger!!!...cal berkley got pros coming folks"
-rick isaacs

conversation with the likeable & easy going coach webster after a closed practice last fall on a football game weekend during a team lunch including former players at dwinelle plaza:

tracy: "i like your shoes"

shocky (looking down at my pointy italians): "yeah?...my daughters think this is a euro trash look"

tracy: "they're really shiny"

shocky: "kinda like your scalp after a haircut?"

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1

team: stanford cardinals

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 11th place

coach: johnny "the roadrunner" dawkins

what you need to know about dawkins: the hyperactive roadrunner has the annoying practice of doing a 60 second taliban like lecture in front of the bench with each player (they are not allowed to speak during this very public humiliation) after every substitution in order to publicly embarrass them instead of just letting them sit down...and yeah, johnny is also the worst game managing coach in the pac 12 with less than 5 minutes left in the game which has contributed to the cards missing the ncca tournament 6 out of his 7 years on the farm...beep, beep

what's up in palo alto?: the cardinals 3 best players chasson randle (19.6 ppg), anthony brown (14.8 ppg & 6.9 rpg) & stefen "frankenstein" nastic (13.4 ppg & 6.5 rpg) are all gone leaving only role players like the allen twins (who took sammy singer's stanford offer), enforcer reid travis, skinny big michael humphrey & incoming freshman cameron walker (note to the bears staff: strong gpa recruits from non urban & highly sheltered family backgrounds will almost pick stanford over cal, don't waste your time)

but make no mistake about it, nasty was the fugliest dude in the pac 12 last season

dude scared the **** out of a lot of little children by smiling at them

good thing for nastic is that it is one of life's basic truths that hot girls from academically mediocre schools like oregon and arizona want to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...so there's always hope for stefen

what this means for the bears: if the bears can push tempo against the non plus 1 athletic cards, a sweep of both pac 12 games is a real possibility this season...and then hopefully stanford athletic director bernard muir will lock up johnny with a 5 year guaranteed contract...look at the mr brightside, with the perennial top 5 worst (along with usc) attendance numbers in collegiate basketball, we can turn maples pavilion into haas south on gameday in palo alto...beep, beep

Shocky1

why is steve kerr so intently focused yet unruffable on the sidelines for them golden state warriors?

simple answer: steve's wife margot got him into a dedicated yoga practice & now he takes his yoga mat to a studio in berkeley

"cal can win the national championship based upon their talent"
-sean "dunkin donuts" miller

"the california golden bears can compete for a national championship only if every player and coach embarks upon a spritual and physical journey via a yoga practice in order to truly connect with their inner selves and explore the vortex of the universe...if this does not happen, cal will be one and done in the nit with a brutal loss to the new mexico naval academy"
-the shockster

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842502497 said:

former cal pole vaulter aliston stokke is competing for a spot on the us olympic team, she's off to the races

[video=youtube;3ANGZm0xPOA][/video]

kililng it#

as a result of the post above tyson jolly is contemplating being a 2 sport athlete at cal in both men's basketball & pole vaulting

tyson, pole vaulting is dangerous, don't be a dumb azz

get stupid#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Why is 2015/16 going to be a Monster year for the Cal Bears?

One big reason is [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jordan "gun slinger" Mathews [/COLOR]

Jordan was a top 100 recruit out of Santa Monica HS, California, and has been big for Cal from day 1
Last year he shot FORTY-FOUR percent from the 3 point line (first in the Pac12)

Jordan is tough, a fiery competitor, and always has six silver bullets loaded in his revolver[/SIZE]

Shocky1

team: washington huskies

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 9th place

coach: lorenzo "blurred lines" romar

what you need to know about romar: lorenzo is a good man who has made bad choices with respects to troubled players that has resulted in the downward trajectory of the washington basketball program...after a successful run in seattle with 3 sweet sixteen teams romar inexplicably continued to play venoy overton despite allegations that he had raped a minor...overton later was arrested for pimping out underage girls for prostitution & romar's star fell in the eyes of recruits & their moms

what up in seattle?: last year former fresno state transfer robert upshaw was kicked out of school after drug charges & the team went into a tailspin which eventually resulted in a shakeup of more than half the roster...the huskies have missed the ncca tournament the last 4 years while attendance has declined...romar is on the hot seat with basketball apathy at an all time high in seattle...andrew andrews (15.0 ppg & 4.3 apg) is the only experienced d1 player on the roster...there's young talent coming in but how many of the freshmen will transfer out when playing time expectations/team chemistry are an issue?

"after careful consideration and discussions with coach romar, i have decided that it is in my best interests to transfer from the university of washington...while i have enjoyed my time in the dawg pound, with the absolute upheaval surrounding the washington basketball program at this time, now is the time to transfer effective immediately...i would also like to take this opportunity to set the record straight that lindsay brauner's recent tweets that i'm gonna be a guard dog at robert upshaw's trap house are completely baseless and factually inaccurate"
-the washington husky

the washington husky is the 8th member of the program to leave the program:

**mike anderson (out of eligibility)
**shawn kemp jr (out of eligibility)
**jernard jarreau (tulane)
**darin johnson (cal state earthquake)
**gilles dierickx (seattle pacific)
**nigel williams-goss (gonzaga)
**robert upshaw (nba and/or prison)

"after meeting with coach romar it has become abundantly clear that he's heading in an entirely new direction and therefore we will no longer be cheering for the washington huskys at future basketball games"
-washington huskys cheerleaders & dance team

what this means for the bears: the cal staff has an opportunity to actively recruit the seattle metro area as the huskies class size imbalance will severely restrict the # of schollys washington can offer for incoming players for several years (kinda like usc football ncca scholly sanctions) regardless of whether romar is retained or not in the future
Shocky1
Shocky1;842488100 said:

congratulated t-wall at the basketball banquet on his decision to become the 1st person in his family to graduate from cal

tyrone is both engaging & speaks with humble warmth, he is truly a special person...wallace told me that his academic plan is to attend summer school again this summer & then hopefully earn his degree by the end of the fall semester...this would allow him to take a light school school schedule in the spring & then focus upon the nba workouts & combines after march madness in 2016

t-wall told me with direct eye contact that he intends to shoot 80%+ from the free throw line next season

t-wall=son of proud michelle

who is the early favorite to win the pac 12 mvp award in 2015?

that would be tyrone wallace

pac 12 mvp trophy thru the years:

1993-jason kidd (cal)
1995-shareef abdur rahim (cal)
1996-ed gray (cal)
2000-sean lampley (cal)
2009-jerome randle (cal)
2010-derrick williams (arizona)
2011-jorge gutierrez (cal)
2012-alan crabbe (cal)
2013-nick johnson (arizona)
2014-joseph young (oregon)
2015 early favorite-tyrone wallace (cal)
2016 early favorite-jaylen brown (cal) or ivan rabb (cal)

yeah, kinda seems like berkeley, california is a pretty good spot for the pac 12 mvp trophy

let's do this#

happy birthday this week to my wife kat's favorite california golden bear, t-wall...you are an inspiration to the young ones in becoming the 1st family in your family to earn a college degree, most impressively from the #1 ranked public university in the world before pursuing your nba dreams

this is cal basketball#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842506277 said:

team: washington huskies

shockster 2014/2015 pac 12 prediction: 10th place

coach: lorenzo "blurred lines" romar

what you need to know about romar: lorenzo is a good man who has made bad choices with respects to troubled players that has resulted in the downward trajectory of the washington basketball program...after a successful run in seattle with 3 sweet sixteen teams romar inexplicably continued to play venoy overton despite allegations that he had raped a minor...overton later was arrested for pimping out underage girls for prostitution & romar's star fell in the eyes of recruits & their moms

what up in seattle?: last year former fresno state transfer robert upshaw was kicked out of school after drug charges & the team went into a tailspin which eventually resulted in a shakeup of more than half the roster...the huskies have missed the ncca tournament the last 4 years while attendance has declined...romar is on the hot seat with basketball apathy at an all time high in seattle...andrew andrews (15.0 ppg & 4.3 apg) is the only experienced d1 player on the roster...there's young talent coming in but how many of the freshmen will transfer out when playing time expectations/team chemistry are an issue?

"after careful consideration and discussions with coach romar, i have decided that it is in my best interests to transfer from the university of washington...while i have enjoyed my time in the dawg pound, with the absolute upheaval surrounding the washington basketball program at this time, now is the time to transfer effective immediately...i would also like to take this opportunity to set the record straight that lindsay brauner's recent tweets that i'm gonna be a guard dog at robert upshaw's trap house are completely baseless and factually inaccurate"
-the washington husky

the washington husky is the 8th member of the program to leave the program:

**mike anderson (out of eligibility)
**shawn kemp jr (out of eligibility)
**jernard jarreau (tulane)
**darin johnson (cal state earthquake)
**gilles dierickx (seattle pacific)
**nigel williams-goss (gonzaga)
**robert upshaw (nba and/or prison)

"after meeting with coach romar it has become abundantly clear that he's heading in an entirely new direction and therefore we will no longer be cheering for the washington huskys at future basketball games"
-washington huskys cheerleaders & dance team

what this means for the bears: the cal staff has an opportunity to actively recruit the seattle metro area as the huskies class size imbalance will severely restrict the # of schollys washington can offer for incoming players for several years (kinda like usc football ncca scholly sanctions) regardless of whether romar is retained or not in the future

#SeattleIsDepressing
going4roses
a pac 12 hoops pre?? or end of season ranking breakdown with more extras that one can ask for
#CantWAIT

Go Bears!!!
petalumabear
Seattle is a great town...

Shocky... I gotta ask.... just to get your take.. you really go after Altman and clearly appear to be giving a pass to Romar... if you look at the situations, there are many similarities and yet you are forgiving to Romar.... I am not a fan of Altman as a person - he's a hell of a coach IMO - but why does Romar get a pass?

Thanks for playing...

Go Bears!
Shocky1

team: usc trojans

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 8th place

coach: andy "play that funky music" enfield

what you need to know about enfield: with a 2 year record of 41 losses & 2 basement finishes in the pac 12 (5-31), andy has shown absolutely no signs of progress that he can actually coach at a major conference level...sorry pat, you hired the wrong enfield

what up in south central?: the trojans return everybody including last season's biggest douche bag in the pac 12 katin "vanilla ice" reinhardt (12.5 ppg), nikola jovanovich (12.3 ppg & 7 rpg), jordan mclaughlin (12.1 ppg & 4.5 apg) & julian jacobs (8.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg & 3.5 apg) along with incoming freshmen former cal prospects chimezie metu (not priortized because of ivan) & bennie boatwright (dropped during the summer, dad is overly involved/demanding)...the trojans will win a few more games this season & with no seniors on the roster likely move into the pac 12's upper division the following year

what this means for the bears: not much, usc is consistently among the bottom 5 teams among the major conference teams in college basketball attendance...i dunno why but nobody gives a **** about trojans basketball, galen center is a graveyard

going4roses
lol @ vanilla ice
Shocky1
petalumabear;842506373 said:

Seattle is a great town...

Shocky... I gotta ask.... just to get your take.. you really go after Altman and clearly appear to be giving a pass to Romar... if you look at the situations, there are many similarities and yet you are forgiving to Romar.... I am not a fan of Altman as a person - he's a hell of a coach IMO - but why does Romar get a pass?

Thanks for playing...

Go Bears!

pb, we are all flawed (i sometimes thoughtlessly hurt the feelings of those that i love)...the key thing is to learn from our mistakes & then move forward

lorenzo romar has a track record of recruiting student athletes with academic ambition & then mentoring them to become better people...romar made a mistake with venoy overton & he has paid a heavy price...robert upshaw was a mistake from day one, only the myopic washington fans could not fortell this disaster going up in smoke...at the end of the day, lorenzo romar is a good person

dana altman has recruited 3 rapists & then lied above not knowing that one of them previously had been dismissed from providence because of a sexual assault...he has recruited a transfer from wake forest right after he almost broke the spinal cord of his baby's mom...he has recruited dozens of guys with criminal records & zero academic ambition...he has recruited against cal using mike montgomery's cancer scare as a reason to avoid berkeley back in the day...the fact that oregon faculty, students & alumni have not demanded his termination reflects poorly upon the university of oregon as an educational institution with any integrity...at the end of the day, dana altman is a piece of ****
joe amos yaks
>"...dana altman has recruited 3 rapists & then lied above not knowing that one of them previously had been dismissed from providence because of a sexual assault...he has recruited a transfer from wake forest right after he almost broke the spinal cord of his baby's mom...he has recruited dozens of guys with criminal records & zero academic ambition...he has recruited against cal using mike montgomery's cancer scare as a reason to avoid berkeley back in the day...the fact that oregon faculty, students & alumni have not demanded his termination reflects poorly upon the university of oregon as an educational institution with any integrity...at the end of the day, dana altman is a piece of ****..."<

OK, what do you really think about Altman? Do you think he did that kind of stuff at Creighton? :axe
Shocky1
the bears staff is aggressively recruiting with an actionable offer dennis smith, jr a 6'2" 180 lbs elite point guard & the #4 ranked player in the 2016 class from trinity christian school in fayetville, north carolina

smith is very aware of jaylen brown & ivan rabb signing with the bears as potential future teammates...he has also noted that california & duke are recruiting him the hardest, this staff is never gonna sleep in going after the nation's most elite student athletes that have blue chip basketball skills along with academic ambition

if dennis decides on leaving the state (duke, north carolina & north carolina state) for college, then the #1 ranked public university in the world that is located in the diverse & cosmopolitan san francisco/oakland bay area will be a serious player in smith's recruitment which is expected to be decided by the middle of his senior season

dennis smith, jr is a key target for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

Shocky1
Shocky1;842251960 said:

so i fly in this morning from scottsdale with my daughter shay & her friend katie, drop them off at fisherman's wharf for the afternoon & arrive late in berkeley close to game time...don't even look at my will call tix (in my world, a tix to any event has no correlation to where i usually sit, to me it's all open seating) and just sit down in the 1st row behind jay john, a couple feet away from montgomery & the bears brain trust

right before the opening tip, mike attempts to pull his chair away from td's chair but they are stuck together...in like a dumb & dumber movie scene, they spend 30 seconds examining and pulling on the chairs before they figured it out...these guys ain't that smart

so early in the game montgomery summons an eager night club hero jeff powers to go to the scorer's table...as he walks by, i'm telling powers to "let it fly, baby, no hesitation"...perhaps it's my imagination but i think powers gives me an imperceptible nod, yeah, let's do this

jp's 1st shot is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

minutes later powers squares up his shoulders & drains a 3 pter...polite applause from the crowd & loud props from the shockster

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...more polite applause from the crowd except me who's yelling, "let it fly, powers, let's do this"

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...big crowd response & now i'm standing & screaming, "let it fly, baby, let's do this, let's do this"...a couple of the guys on the bench look over to see what the fired up dumb azz in the blue golf shirt & cal cap is going ape **** about

by now the crowd is getting into it...powers works his way into position, squares up & shoots it...kaboom, 4 in a row...i'm standing & screaming "yeah, let it fly, baby, let if fy" & waving my arms to get other people on their feet...there is a collective recognition that maybe something special is going on

haas is starting to get a serious buzz...there is an undeniable undercurrent of anticipation in the crowd & cal bench...powers releases another 3 pter & everybody who's not in a wheelchair is on their feet...bottom of the net, kaboom, 5 in a row...mike, td, gregg, johnny & theo are all looking at each other & grinning...monty by now is shaking his head & smiling...and i'm full throttle screaming by now yelling, "let it fly" which some of the other fans are also starting to repeat

furman's coach is yelling insructions at his players re: "the shooter"

this **** is getting live

by now most of the crowd is on their feet & yelling...the cal bench is going wild...powers catches the ball, squares up his shoulders & releases another 3 pter...the ball floats in slow motion thru the haas airspace with perfect roation...half of the crowd is screaming & the other half is holding their breath...kaboom, 6 3 pters in a row!...the entire cal coaching staff & players are on the floor (ref does not call a technical, he's smiling too as he runs back to the other end of the court)...i'm losing my voice screaming, "let it fly, baby, let it fly" & high fiving everyone around me

the cal universe is in a galaxy of absolute perfection, all the planets are perfectly aligned....jeff powers is 100% en fuego & he finally shows some emotion (dude is usually pretty stoic) with a world class fist pump for the electrified crowd & a smile forever etched in time

jeff powers told me at the santa barbara airport the morning after that game that he mentally prepares himself the same for every game, he's ready to roll...he told me that when he started against washington state, he was told of his starting role at the last minute...the guy never complains or throws a pity party for his broken down sorry azz, he just gets ready for the next game, the next moment of potential opportunity in his life

jeff powers is an unathletic dan majerle, he's a long range pure shooter who understands spacing that plays hard & doesn't commit turnovers...his lack of lateral defensive mobility can be masked for 5-6 minutes spurts by the bears playing zone d

the magic of haas

let it fly#

some of my most favorite haas pavilion memories involve games that are not on most fan's radar...the biggest games are those that are forever etched in our minds, kinda like the very 1st time you saw your true love

there's truly magic at my palace, do you got your season tix(s) for next season?

coach martin's #1 expectation for the program is that true california golden bears fans will work together with the team to create a crazy loud & insane energy home court advantage...if the fans don't show up, this staff will not be able to sustain recruiting the very best student athletes in the nation & they will move on to a more appreciative collegiate fan base...if the fans show up, this staff will relentlessly work for potential national championships in berkeley for a long time

the choice is yours, what are you gonna do?...are you gonna watch cal basketball on tv like a lazy dumb azz or are you gonna live the dream at your palace?

make no mistake about it, your action (or lack of action) will significantly impact the future of cal basketball

let it fly, baby, let it fly

the dream#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842491892 said:

trust me, the staff knows about 2018 phenom jordan brown...both theo robertson & travis decuire were telling me about a blue chip middle schooler from near sacramento a year ago

6'9" 180 lbs phenom jordan brown of woodcreek high school in roseville is blowing up in the eyes of the national recruiting scouts/analysts today at the team usa camp in colorado springs

coach martin & the bears staff are already monitoring the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

nor cal, baby

jb scored 14 points & 9 boards as the usa waxed brazil 123-88

jb scored 16 points & 5 boards in only 15 minutes as the usa said goodbye to argentina 119-76

jb played only 2 minutes in the championship game vs them canadians as the usa u16 won the fiba americas gold medal

yeah, jordan was born ready

represent nor cal#
Shocky1

team: arizona state sun devils

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 7th place

coach: bobby "off to the races" hurley

what you need to know about hurley: did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered much of his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

what up in tempe?: the sun devils lose their best player shaqueille mckissic but return starters savon goodman (11.2 ppg & 7.6 rpg), gerry blakes (11.1 & 4.2 rpg), eric jacobson (8.3 ppg & 5.9 rpg), point guard tra holder (7.0 ppg & 3.6 apg) & a pair of female best friends forever

during bobby's 1st week on the job in tempe he met with an influential donor group of sun angels & promised them he wouldn't build the program with disgruntled transfers & junior college dudes with criminal records like herbie...hurley promised them he would make asu the duke of the west with guys that excel in the classroom

but then reality got in the way

bobby has already chased off 3 student athletes:
**chance murray
**connor macdougal
**sai tummala

hurley has talked his buffalo point guard torian graham to transfer to asu, signed a junior college big obinna oleka who was suspended at central florida college for "violation of team rules" & also signed maurice o'field from midland community college after running into academic problems at the harvard of the southeast, east tennessee state

bobby is also making a run at 5 star thon maker who intends to arrive at his selected college in january & then leave in march...maker isn't even a one & done, he's more like on the 10 week plan

gotta check with my current 1st wife kat (a sun devil) to see if you can even graduate from asu in 10 weeks, who knows

one thing is known, bobby is no coach k, but his starting 5 is gonna be multiple...that's a sure thing

no wonder asu is the #1 ranked college in the world for producing the most strippers

what this means for the bears: 2 challenging games vs asu this season but that's about it, the sun devils & the bears are recruiting guys with totally different academic profiles...asu fans are gonna eventually figure out that bobby is recruiting a bunch of dumb azzs just like herbie
Shocky1

the bears staff has offered & is actively recruiting greg floyd jr, a lanky smooth 6'8" 170 lbs wing from desert pines hs that is playing aau ball this summer with the las vegas knicks (coached by lamar bigby)

floyd is blowing up this summer with 20+ offers from major programs with recent offers from cal, arizona & michigan (unofficial visit this month)...he is currently rated as a 3 star prospect but is expected to be a top 50 player when the 2017 rankings are updated in the future...the floyd family & coach bigby intend to narrow his collegiate list to a dozen schools this summer heading into his junior year

his style is similar to kevin durrant as his 6'11" wingspan, strong ball skills/ability to create his own shot & ability to be multiple make him a tough matchup both offensively & defensively

coach martin has made a commitment to watching greg's aau games this july...yeah, cal's touch the sky class (2017) definitely needs a dude that can fly near the roof of haas pavilion & let's be real here, kayne got no vertical lift these days (that's why kim k is gonna dump his sorry broken down azz for me)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1

ugliest dude ever
Shocky1
Shocky1;842436173 said:

the bears coaching staff is painting a picture, creating a vision of cal basketball's unlimited future for the targeted priority recruits in the diamonds are forever (2015) & howlin' at the moon (2016) classes

these visions depict what can potentially be built in berkeley & do not really draw upon the results of this season...accordingly i have never been more excited about any sports team/program in my life than what's going on right now...i accept both the epic victory sitting courtside like kanyae at madison square garden on a magical nite along with building block losses...the losses are a roadmap of the directional changes & challenges that need to be met forward facing without fear...i am a california golden bear, i am not candy azz soft

thus far these messages have been very well received by our targeted student athletes & their families, exceptional individuals that desire to come together to create (and not just perpetuate continued success at a basketball factory) to compete for a national championship at the #1 ranked public university in the world

a championship for the people, do u c berkeley?

i wrote the above post after the bears got blown out by both usc & ucla in los angeles this spring

negative people will tell you that cal basketball has a legacy of mediocre basketball (and that is never gonna change) & that them golden state warriors are never gonna win a nba championship

don't listen to that ****, relentless hard work will overcome almost all obstacles in life

let's do this
Shocky1
Shocky1;842504713 said:

coach martin has assembled a remarkable high character & relentlessly hard working staff in berkeley and theo robertson is successfully moving forward his basketball career in oakland & potentially earning a nba championship ring with coach kerr & them golden state warriors

i will always remember both theo & td as the only 2 guys on the prior staff who agreed with me that we could successfully recruit ivan rabb...yeah, sometimes the dreamers get it right

life is not linear#

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/06/02/basketball-ex-bear-theo-robertson-hopes-to-complete-championship-education-as-warriors-intern/

cal family#

congrats theo, world champions baby
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.