cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,604 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
stu;842564172 said:

Nice. Anyone else around here both old enough and idle enough to get the reference?

Something different than the Beach Boys?
concordtom
Shocky1;842564115 said:

tom, thank you for clarifying this for me, that is much appreciated

can you believe it that i graduated from the haas undergraduate school of business with a 3.91 gpa & phi beta kappa honors?

my guess is that all of them curvy brunette yoga female teaching assistants & professors just took care me because of my special non academic skills

wishing on a star#

You've got me beat!
Not only in GPA, quality of school where you graduated (Cal), but also in seats.
Proximity matters!
Checkerboard Floor > lower-mid 3

Shocky1
tom, we're both true california golden bears fans & at the end of the day that's all that really matters

cal's dysfunctional family#
Shocky1
what is arguably the most important scouting date of the year for the cal basketball staff?

that would be november 28th's prep2prep tip off classic at newark memorial high school...i'm gonna attend as much as possible working around the cal vs asu football game that saturday...check out kevin mccarthy's always informative nor cal basketball blog linked below for details...i'm gonna buy anybody who is also wearing cal gear a hotdog & a coke (bears coaches are not eligible for this promotion and food product substitutions are not acceptable, please ask your doctor if you're healthy enough for junk food...if you have a stomach ache for more than 5 hours, go to yoga instead & flirt with your curvy brunette yoga instructor)
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-prep2prep-tip-off-classic.html

so who are cal's key targeted prospects that we'll have a chance to check out in person?

game 2: bishop o'dowd's elijah hardy, the prized 2018 facilitator & distributor

game 5: richard midgley's modesto christian crusaders will battle jordan ford's folsom bulldogs

game 6: woodcreek's (roseville) jordan brown, a top 5 player in the 2018 class that midgley told me recently is an ivan rabb type impact talent

the vision right now for an ideal cal's started at the bottom class (2018) would be jordan brown, elijah hardy & miles norris

game 7: moreau catholic's oscar frayer, an off the charts athletic cal commit

moreau catholic's damari milstead, a talented point guard on cal's radar

sierra canyon's ira lee, a top priority for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...he got hair like vantastic

bearmanpg
I will be there also Shocky...the line-up of games is really good and there will be talent galore on display...last year Ivan played against Bishop Gorman in the premier match-up of the night (he got 28pts and 20rbs against two top 40 players who stood 6'11" and 7')....anyone who would like to see High School talent of the highest level in California should go to this game....
NVBear78
stu;842564172 said:

Nice. Anyone else around here both old enough and idle enough to get the reference?

When some loud bragger tries to put me down and says his school is great

I tell him hey buddy don't you know my school its number one in the State..
Shocky1
"i missed the entire raider game...i'm hot"

-ivan rabb

Shocky1
Shocky1;842553824 said:

vance will be making a 3,000+ miles official visit to connecticut this weekend...coach kevin ollie has wisely decided to trip jackson during the fall & not the 5-6 month wintertime in upstate connecticut when it's 30-40 degrees & the wind chill factor is ******* freezing

vance, your dad vance sr has been an integral part of your basketball career every step of the way both as a mentor & as a loving parent so it's important that you calculate the potential fiscal impact upon your parents of traveling across the country to see your collegiate games, ok?

cost analysis for your mom & dad to travel to uconn's 1st 2 games of the 2015 season vs maine on november 13th & new hampshire on november 17h:

airfare: delta has 1 stop 6 and a half hours flights from lax to hartford on november 13th & then back home to california on november 18th for $343 per tix
total cost with taxes for 2 adults=$750

car rental: rentals are available at the hartford airport for the slightly less than an hour drive north to storrs
total cost for a 6 day rental & fuel charges=$350

meals: total cost for 2 adults=$300

lodging: best western regent inn is 6 miles from the uconn campus with rates starting at $104 per night
total cost for 5 nights (november 13th-november 17th) including taxes=$600

so it's gonna cost around $2,000 for the trip, are your parents minted?...can they get the required time off from work to make this trip work with their schedules?

yeah, there are $128 sameday non stop roundtrips on southwest airlines from lax to oakland & bart can quickly take you directly to berkeley for a couple of bucks

the loving son#

vance, if your sister travels with your parents, then the average cost for this family trip to storrs is then gonna be around $2,500

how important is it to you for your family to see a lot of your college games?

if you injured in a split second play & your basketball days are over forever, what college is best gonna help you still achieve your dreams in life?

50 year decision#
concordtom
Shocky1;842564277 said:

tom, we're both true california golden bears fans & at the end of the day that's all that really matters

cal's dysfunctional family#

Yes. And it's fun sparring with you. Meet ya back around the riverbend tomorrow?
concordtom
NVBear78;842564370 said:

When some loud bragger tries to put me down and says his school is great

I tell him hey buddy don't you know my school its number one in the State..

Close.
"I tell him right away, now what's the matter buddy ain't ya heard of my school? It's number one in the state."
In our case, that would be number one in the world!
Jeff82
concordtom;842564499 said:

Close.
"I tell him right away, now what's the matter buddy ain't ya heard of my school? It's number one in the state."

Bonus question: What actual Division I college fight is included (about 12 bars, I think), as part of the pop song we're discussing? Name the song, the school, the song title. Extra points if you know the words that match the 12 bars that were included in the pop song.
Vol70
Jeff82;842564590 said:

Bonus question: What actual Division I college fight is included (about 12 bars, I think), as part of the pop song we're discussing? Name the song, the school, the song title. Extra points if you know the words that match the 12 bars that were included in the pop song.

"Be True To Your School", University of Wisconsin, "On Wisconsin." What do I win?
Jeff82
Glory.
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842563718 said:

Jolly is the type of kid that I will be rooting for whether he plays a minute of basketball for the Bears or not....just seems to me to be a credit to the human race....

agreed

"my competition is myself!"
-tyson jolly
Shocky1

emerging student athlete oscar frayer took the sat last saturday, good luck to the cal commit

"it's by any means over my family"
-oscar frayer

cal family#
Shocky1
it's a shame that coach christopher is the 3rd best basketball player in his family behind fallon & patrick

http://m.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-basketball-shaping-up-well-under-strength-6544646.php

real talk#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842539347 said:

the cal basketball staff is actively scouting ernie sears, a 6'3" 160 lbs athletic high motor combo guard in the 2017 class from bishop alemany from mission hills (home of kam rooks)...sears is more of a wing than a point guard at this time

ernie is a high energy guy just like his dad ernie sr who played for the bears back in the day & has grown 2 inches in the past year...sears is continuing to show improvement in his jumper & is an excellent student athlete with academic ambition (harvard is also on his radar)

yeah, cal's touch the sky class (2017) is expected by the coaches to be a large group of guys due to the expected departures at that time & ernie sears is gonna be seriously evaluated for potential inclusion

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:

congrats to ernie on his offer from the cal staff, pops is very proud of his son

cal family#
NVBear78
concordtom;842564499 said:

Close.

Yah I know those are the written words but I don't think they sang all the words exactly...
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]https://sports.yahoo.com/news/cal-players-come-together-weekly-life-chat-sessions-223609281--ncaab.html[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1

editor's note: this is NOT a foto of brandon & t-wall relentlessly competing, these guys are not candy azz soft

this is cal basketball (2015)#
concordtom
NVBear78;842565116 said:

Yah I know those are the written words but I don't think they sang all the words exactly...

I didn't go look up the words. I just sang the song in my head and typed it out.
You must have it wrong. Anyways, doesn't matter, we can all sing along and enjoy.
Shocky1
"navigate the land or the land will navigate you..."

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & fellow yoga enthusiast

HoopDreams
Shocky1

walked 18 holes in a light drizzle this morning at the stanley thompson designed aesthetically dramatic capilano golf club in vancouver

my canada golf rankings are revised as follows:

1) cabot cliffs, nova scotia
2) st georges, toronto
3) cabot links, nova scoita
4) capilano, british columbia
5t) toronto golf club, toronto
5t) highlands links, nova scotia

afterwards ate lunch at japadog, a food truck in vancouver's city centre...the yakisoba dog with teriyaki mustard is so tasty (and less than 5 canadian bucks)

a cal degree allows me to be one of golf's foremost architecture critics/raters, continue my work with rescue dogs & also eat at food trucks & **** like that

graduating from the #1 ranked public university in the world isn't easy (and it isn't for everybody) but the payoff afterwards is worth the academic effort...sometimes you gotta go thru something to get something

dom arigato

Shocky1
Shocky1;842398188 said:

jabari, jordan, kameron, roger & sammy are all exceptional human beings, hard working students (men take care of their business) & tremendous teammates, my respect & admiration for them extends far beyond their significant basketball skills...just like my rescue pets, i love these guys maybe even more cuz they don't chew up my favorite yoga pants and/or take dumps under the piano (hard to make beautiful music while barefoot with special presents underfoot)

50 year friendships#

sammy singer comparing cal's monster class (2013) and cal's diamonds are forever class (2015), "we had a bunch of goofballs"
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/10/07/basketball-cal-teammates-say-jaylen-brown-and-ivan-rabb-have-maturity-to-match-their-talent/#more-48732

history in the making#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842513100 said:

the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 50 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson

"jayce johnson is one of my favorite big men of 2016...the kid doesn't take crap from anyone"
-drew ruiz (slamonline)

jayce dropped notre dame: johnson's 4 official visits will be colorado (september 19th), california (september 26th), utah (october 10th) & stanford (october 23rd)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)

jayce johnson is among a trio of recruits that are making official visits to salt lake city this weekend which will include the cal vs utah showdown of undefeated football teams

jayce, a 4.0 gpa guy, is looking at graduating from a charter school (enrolled this week for 6 weeks of classes) this december & enrolling in college this january with the plan to blueshirt (he needs more muscle to compete under the boards in the pac 12) for the remainder of the season in order to compete for playing in november of 2016

cal has got an available scholly (currently at 12 schollys, one under the ncca max of 13) for johnson & arguably the best s&c developer with coach christopher in the nation at the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful san francisco bay area which is a short flight on gamedays from so cal for jayce's family

utah is out of schollys (which means the johnson family would have to pay out of state tuition for half a year) & is an academically mediocre school located in the non diverse salt lake city which is a long & expensive flight (with no chance of one day roundtrips on gamedays) from so cal

man of steel#
concordtom
Shocky1;842566206 said:

jayce johnson is among a trio of recruits that are making official visits to salt lake city this weekend which will include the cal vs utah showdown of undefeated football teams

jayce, a 4.0 gpa guy, is looking at graduating from santa monica high this december & enrolling in college this january with the plan to blueshirt (he needs more muscle to compete under the boards in the pac 12) for the remainder of the season in order to compete for playing in november of 2016

cal has got an available scholly (currently at 12 schollys, one under the ncca max of 13) for johnson & arguably the best s&c developer with coach christopher in the nation at the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful san francisco bay area which is a short flight on gamedays from so cal for jayce's family

utah is out of schollys (which means the johnson family would have to pay out of state tuition for half a year) & is an academically mediocre school located in the non diverse salt lake city which is a long & expensive flight (with no chance of one day roundtrips on gamedays) from so cal

Wow. That's impressive and interesting.
Good for him to take that big step forward. It always impresses me, people who leave behind the tail end of their senior year. You leave a behind a good amount, and enter into so much more. It's a bold move this launchpad.
Given that he's a 4.0 and making such a move, boy, it doesn't seem like any competition Cal vs. Utah. I mean, this isn't some tall kid from Austria who doesn't get it.
The difference is 6 months tuition and travel to SLC or Oakland from LA is not a big deal. The overall experience and degree is where this match should be easily settled, IMHO.
Shocky1

us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

50 year decision#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842562462 said:

vanimal, none of your public comments by either yourself or your dad mention cal's worldwide academic reputation or your intended areas of study in college, why is that?

your dad's comment that the official visits to both cal & uconn are "similar" is surprising, do you really think a uconn degree is gonna open doors in so cal in the future or do you think you're a lock for being minted in the nba?

is your college decision gonna strictly be a basketball decision re: playing styles & immediate playing time?

50 year decision#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]The San Francisco Bay Area is THE economic powerhouse of the United States
California is the No. 7 Economy in THE WORLD
Silicon Valley's tech boom leads the Universe in innovation and opportunity. Apple, Google, Facebook, Intel, Twitter, Tesla, HP, Genetech, Yahoo, eBay are just a few examples
High tech start ups fuel young, creative, forward thinking risk takers
Real Estate markets provide unprecedented business opportunities
The Golden Gate bridge is the gateway to the growing economies of Asia and the rest of the globe
The cultural diversity here is unmatched
California's nature beauty and amazing weather has awed everyone who has visited

After successful pro careers, many athletes start businesses, go into real estate ventures, make investments, etc
That's just smart

[COLOR="#0000CD"]And Cal is in the heart of this California Gold Rush[/COLOR]
It's no coincidence that we are the California Golden Bears[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jayce, make the [U]smart[/U] decision
[/SIZE]
BearsObserver
we are in his final 3.
OldBlue1999
Based on what Shocky said a couple days ago this seems like good news.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842560426 said:

let's be real clear on this point, hot girls particularly them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, that's just how the world works

just ask t-wall:gobears:

shut the **** up, shocky#:headbang

yeah, curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools like utah are pretty excited when they meet cal grads

pretty sure she's saying "this **** is getting live"

Shocky1
[video=youtube;dqhhqkmW1Js][/video]

this is cal basketball#
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.