cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,293,633 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842557980 said:

my boy sammy "the gym rat" singer is the glue of the 2015 california golden bears basketball team, he makes everybody better both on & off the basketball court

dude is a bb player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sam singer will not be outworked

i've been following singer's career for a while going back to conversations with his ransom everglades raiders head coach claude grubair re: sam's high character & his special ability to connect with people

one of sammy's endearing qualities is that the dude likes to pat his teammates like jabari on the head like they are dogs...no doubt he's gonna adopt some rescue dogs down the road

nothing to fear#

sammy is the most underrated guy on the team...tonite singer unselfishly looked for young ivee all game & finished with 9 assists, 7 basket attacking points & zero turnover in 21 minutes...yeah, that's pretty efficient for a dude who got no sun tan at all
concordtom
Hey Shockey, I didn't see you at the game tonight! You should've come set next to me and Paris Austin's dad. We had a good time chatting it up all night long. Cool guy. I'm a fan!
Shocky1

"i thought he (ivan rabb) did a good job...i'll have to watch film but i thought a couple of times ivan could have taken tough shots with the double on him...i told him sometimes you'll force shots when the double team hits you just to be aggressive and assertive...he's a very willing passer and makes good decisions with the basketball...i also thought that we should have given him the ball a little more even if we have to force the pass...don't make get the ball...we talked about it a little bit during timeouts in the huddle...i thought we could've gotten it to him a little more"

"let's be real here, shocky's analysis of the necessity of feeding young ivee is totally accurate but i'm gonna keep that dumb azz further afar from me...i dunno maybe roberta can talk to him sometimes"

-coach martin
Shocky1

50 year decision#:gobears:
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842534129 said:

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Welcome Nick Kerr![/SIZE][/COLOR]

nick, happy birthday & congrats on the 3 point moneyball that got all your teammates off their azzs on the bench to celebrate with you

this **** is getting live
Shocky1
the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9.135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) washington-6,398
7) oregon-6,209
8) arizona state-5,985
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their almost unlimited potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,000+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#

update: all of the student passes have been sold out, just north of 2,000 passes...423 student passes were sold last season...in addition more than 1,400 new season tixs have also been sold...all of the floor seats for the 2 rows have been sold out, the revenues from these gate receipts will be utilized to build a new academic center for the players that will double as a bar on gamedays with floor donors receiving service from attendants...tixs are still available for cal's epic opener november 13th vs rice

the magic of cal basketball#
bar20
Can anyone photo shop Sam Singers face and put "I Want You", "For Cal Hoops", "at Haas Pavilion".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5248[/ATTACH]
BoaltBear
Shocky you are actually right from my perspective - the biggest takeaway from the exhibition is we now have a post presence unlike any year in recent history and we should be using our early games to get Ivan as many touches as possible. He didn't get enough last night. Gotta throw him the rock.
Shocky1
BoaltBear;842588852 said:

Shocky you are actually right from my perspective - the biggest takeaway from the exhibition is we now have a post presence unlike any year in recent history and we should be using our early games to get Ivan as many touches as possible. He didn't get enough last night. Gotta throw him the rock.

boalt, rabb had 11 points & 11 boards last night along with a block

but only 5 shots (and a couple of them were offensive put backs) in 23 minutes

5 shots a game is not gonna result in the california golden bears reaching their potential on the floor this season, that's just not gonna happen...the donut boy in tuscon is hoping our guards & coaches only give young ivee 5 shots a game that's for sure

mitch elkins needs to break down the gametape & then the coaches need to meet individually with t-wall, jabari & jordan and show them all the times that ivan flashed to the basket last night with his hand up & that they didn't deliver the rock to him...they gotta understand that he's an unstoppable finisher down low, he's not a pick & pop shooter from the elbow like david kravish or a stretch 4 (his dad told him so) like richard solomon

ivan rabb has a virtually unlimited upside with his panther like movements but if he doesn't get the ball, this season is gonna be doomed & we're ******

this is cal basketball#
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842589172 said:

boalt, rabb had 11 points & 11 boards last night along with a block

but only 5 shots (and a couple of them were offensive put backs) in 23 minutes

5 shots a game is not gonna result in the california golden bears reaching their potential on the floor this season, that's just not gonna happen...the donut boy in tuscon is hoping our guards & coaches only give young ivee 5 shots a game that's for sure

mitch elkins needs to break down the gametape & then the coaches need to meet individually with t-wall, jabari & jordan and show them all the times that ivan flashed to the basket last night with his hand up & that they didn't deliver the rock to him...they gotta understand that he's an unstoppable finisher down low, he's not a pick & pop shooter from the elbow like david kravish or a stretch 4 (his dad told him so) like richard solomon

ivan rabb has a virtually unlimited upside with his panther like movements but if he doesn't get the ball, this season is gonna be doomed & we're ******

this is cal basketball#

Amen brother Shockey.....Amen....I am a devoted follower of the Word of Ivan.....
concordtom
I think Shocky is taking my advice to heart. "Stick to your message"
Yes, I think he's trying to say Rabb should be fed more. It must be part of his deal - "you come to Cal, and I'll try to influence you getting the ball as often as possible, b/c we both know that all those other options of Wallace/Bird/Mathews/Brown royally SUCK!"
mikecohen
concordtom;842589249 said:

I think Shocky is taking my advice to heart. "Stick to your message"
Yes, I think he's trying to say Rabb should be fed more. It must be part of his deal - "you come to Cal, and I'll try to influence you getting the ball as often as possible, b/c we both know that all those other options of Wallace/Bird/Mathews/Brown royally SUCK!"

No: Because we know that all those other options of Wallace/Bird/Mathews/Brown will be majorly enhanced by Rabb getting the ball more - maybe more than any other single gesture this team could make.
bearmanpg
mikecohen;842589380 said:

No: Because we know that all those other options of Wallace/Bird/Mathews/Brown will be majorly enhanced by Rabb getting the ball more - maybe more than any other single gesture this team could make.

I agree because Rabb is capable and willing to pass back out when the play demands it....Rabb could very well have the best basketball IQ on this team and it is never bad to have the ball in the hands of your player with the best basketball IQ....
tsubamoto2001
bearmanpg;842589387 said:

I agree because Rabb is capable and willing to pass back out when the play demands it....Rabb could very well have the best basketball IQ on this team and it is never bad to have the ball in the hands of your player with the best basketball IQ....

That's what I thought when watching him play last night. He has a really good feel for the game. He can feel the double team coming, something Powe was befuddled by as a freshman at Cal. He already knew what he was going to do with the ball before he caught it.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Arielle Ship[/COLOR] (no relation to Conference Basketball POY Joe Shipp) for winning Pac 12 Player of the Year honors as she lead her team to the NCAA tournament

Also big props to Cal's other All-Pac 10 players, Samantha Witteman (1st team), Celeste Boureille and Emily Boyd (2nd team) and Emma Fletcher (HM)
[/SIZE]
Shocky1
i'd rather see kim k & kayne (singing diamonds are forever at the presidential inauguration) in the white house than that dumb azz donald

Shocky1;842504273 said:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells us while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been clown punked...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

"they're bringing drugs...they're bringing crime...they're rapists and some i assume are good people"
-donald trump's disparaging comments re: mexicans

to be honest with you when i 1st read these comments i thought trump was talking about criminal dana altman & the oregon basketball program

the fallout from these racist comments is that numerous major corporations including nbc, univision & macys (which is kinda funny because the chairman played golf with us at ferry point) have cut ties with him

you're fired, donald#

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal Priority recruit [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ira Lee[/COLOR] hooping at Santa Monica beach

We see you Ira[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842582712 said:

team: arizona wildcats

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 1st place

coach: sean "dunkin' donuts" miller

what you need to know about miller: his guys play tenacious defense, not a great gameday coach...and yeah he likes them dunkin' donuts variety boxes, he's multiple that way

what up in tucson?: arizona loses a lot in stanley "bumper car" johnson (13.8 ppg & 6.5 rpg), undrafted college drop out brandon ashley (12.2 ppg & 5.2 rpg), rondae hollis-jefferson (11.2 ppg & 6.8 rpg) & fearless leader tj mcconnell (10.4 & 6.3 apg)

the wildcats will return kaleb "zeus" tarczewksi (9.3 ppg & 6.2 rpg) who along with utah's jakob poeltl are the best true 5s in the pac 12...boston college transfer ryan anderson will be an impact player at the 4 after redshirting last season & gabe york (9.2 ppg) along with former bears recruit (moms didn't like berkeley) elliott pitts & parker jackson-cartwright (suspended at loyola high school for cheating on classwork) will play bigger roles along with incoming freshman allonzo "the gunner" trier, justin simon & chase comanche (moms is a protypical little league dad)...the wildcat with the most nba upside ray smith tearing his acl is a damaging loss

what this means for the bears: the pac 12 title & west coast dominance runs thru tucson until cal knocks them on their azz...tuscon is a dump but them senior citizens from the surrounding retirement communities along with the low gpa students show up at mckale in numbers...this program was built by the legendary lute olson along with his braintrust jay john...it's currently being slowly run into the ground by donut boy, he's shown no indication that he's capable of winning the big games

bear down#

my daughter shay got accepted today by the university of arizona with a $32k ($8k a year) wildcat excellence award

would be pretty weird if she started wearing wildcat gear around the house, let's see how her collegiate recruitment plays out

love you, sweetie
Shocky1
"dare to be different"

-tyson jolly

GoldenBear1
Ivan should touch the ball every offensive possession that's not a fast break.
A big as smart, unselfish and talented as him is going to be fun to watch.
Can't wait for Friday
Shocky1
are you an old timer that has supported cal basketball & football for decades but the endless years of futility have resulted in your not keeping your season tix(s)?

this is your time to shine, your opportunity to celebrate the magic of cal basketball with family & friends on the eve of potentially the greatest california golden bears team of our lifetimes...perhaps it's time for you to call 1-800 gobears (ask for chris celona) & discuss potential season tix(s) again to your longtime palace haas pavilion

let's be real here, someone left the cake out in the rain, it took so long to bake it & you may not get that recipe again...or something like that

spring is not waiting#
Shocky1
GoldenBear1;842589479 said:

Ivan should touch the ball every offensive possession that's not a fast break.
A big as smart, unselfish and talented as him is going to be fun to watch.
Can't wait for Friday

gb1, you are 100% correct, young ivee needs to touch the ball every offensive possession & get at least 10+ shots vs rice this friday nite in the most epic season opener of cal basketball of our lifetimes

if rabb only gets 5 shots a game, we are ******

the time is now#
BearsObserver
socaltownie
BearBackerinLA;842589602 said:

Well one of those things is not like the other. I don't at all mind recruiting battles like this. If Cal isn't chosen it wasn't the right fit. Irking much more is when we lose to UCLA, Furd, or a Pac-12 school that CLAIMS to be excellent in academics.
BeachedBear
socaltownie;842589609 said:

Well one of those things is not like the other. I don't at all mind recruiting battles like this. If Cal isn't chosen it wasn't the right fit. Irking much more is when we lose to UCLA, Furd, or a Pac-12 school that CLAIMS to be excellent in academics.

In those situations, I figure it comes down to personalities (players AND coaches) or possibly a local connection in the case of UCLA.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]friday[/SIZE]

BoaltBear
Shocky1;842589432 said:

my daughter shay got accepted today by the university of arizona with a $32k ($8k a year) wildcat excellence award

would be pretty weird if she started wearing wildcat gear around the house, let's see how her collegiate recruitment plays out

love you, sweetie
I'm sorry for your loss.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842589432 said:

love you, sweetie

shay just asked me if she goes to arizona if i'm gonna tell all her roommates that "tucson is a dump"

of course not , sweetie, do you think i got no filter at all?

shay will hopefully someday marry the guy of her dreams based upon true love...but as a dad i'm hopeful he'll be a cal, stanford or ivy league grad...that's a good outcome for girls from academically mediocre schools, that's just the way of the world

Gunga la Gunga
Shocky1;842589432 said:

love you, sweetie

My son just got offered full rides at Alabama and Oklahoma. Engineering schools # 102 and 79 respectively. My advice, wait for the true D1s to step to the plate, Shocky!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842465204 said:

the bears are actively targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2015 shooting guard tyson jolly from putnam city west hs in oklahoma city...jolly is an active defender with a strong handle & a reliable shooting stroke

around a year ago last february tyson was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be blood clots on his lungs & the doc told him he would never play basketball again...yeah, both he & coach martin probably aren't big fans of hospital beds or giving up

dude is unbreakable both mentally & physically...jolly is arguably the fastest rising senior in the 2015 class with a 20 point & 9 rebounds average and is expected to be rated as a top 100 player in the final class rankings

huf is talking to tyson daily & it's expected that he will officially visit cal along with a couple of other colleges on his other quickly expanding schools list after his season is over...tyson is a pretty good student with a 3.1 gpa & is coachable both on & off the court...a pac 12 coach told me jolly could play in the league someday

unlike a lot of elite players that myopically think they are gonna just ball out for 10 minutes in college before heading to the nba, tyson fully understands that basketball can be taken away from you at any point, that your playing days can be over in a blink of an eye injury...boom, you're done playing basketball forever & then you gotta use your education to still reach all your dreams in life

yeah, jolly is the mentally tough kinda guy raised by a single mom that the cal basketball program is gonna build around & his offer from the staff is an actionable one...tyson's last 12 months have been a real rollercoaster but the gates to his unlimited future are wide open

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world (including freezing azz oklahoma)

welcome tyson jolly, the 1st signed player for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

"i'm happy to have tyson on board with our program after a year at prep school...he is a passionate player who is excited to be part of what we're trying to do...he is tough, athletic and possesses a great desire to excel on the court...tyson is a player willing to do whatever it takes to win, whether it's blocking a shot, getting a big rebound, scoring a big basket or making a big free throw"

-coach martin

Shocky1
Shocky1;842544115 said:

who is the earliest morning riser within the cal basketball program?

that would be marcus green, the assistant director of basketball operation...the high energy/good energy dude eats breakfast with the guys at the training table every morning, serves as a big bro on a lot of topics from school to girls & is a relentless class checker to ensure everybody is where they gotta be in addition to his operational support of the director of basketball operations marco harris

marcus grew up in the chicago area, was a 4 year letterman & 2 time team captain at purdue along with graduating with a degree in organizational leadership & supervision and later played professionally in buenos aires, argentina which has got a lot of curvy brunette yoga females

there's an app named waze which provides info in real time the location of police officers & traffic accidents...a couple of the bears told me that they got a code name for marcus that they text to each other when green is on the prowl

moms of prospective recruits gotta feel reassured that their sons are in good hands with marcus green keeping an eye on everything...let's be real here, coach martin is usually sleeping while marcus roams berkeley before the dawn every morning

this is cal basketball#

marcus, let's be real here, tyson is gonna be your greatest challenge to date

please don't strangle him, ok?

he's a good kid, he just kinda bounces off the walls, just work with him to stay focused & be there for him as the big bro mentor

cal family#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Dynamic [COLOR="#0000CD"]Charlie Moore[/COLOR]
Would look good in blue and gold[/SIZE]

Charlie Moore, the Morgan Park point guard who vaulted to the top of Illinois' Class of 2016 with his outstanding play on the national AAU circuit last spring and summer, will announce his college decision on Thursday afternoon. Moore said he is still in the process of deciding, but one school he will not pick is Illinois. Memphis, [COLOR="#0000CD"]California[/COLOR] and VCU are the contenders.

Shocky1
"i like having nothing to stress about so i can stay focused on basketball...just kid from oklahoma tryna put the family on the top...all i need is the opportunity and i will take advantage"

-tyson jolly

Dear Tyson's Mom,

How are you?

I am fine.

You have done an amazing job raising Tyson as such a passionate & ambitious young man, his energy is off the charts.

Tyson kinda reminds me of myself (and Huf) with his irrepressible & unlimited energy. When I was in 3rd grade my teacher told my moms that I should be put on medication for hyperactivity. My moms didn't buy that foo foo lame **** advice, she just sent me to school 45 minutes earlier each morning & told me to play basketball with the 6th graders. That worked, it wore me out a little bit before heading into the classroom.

It can't be easy for you to see your special son so far away from Oklahoma City now in Florida & next year in Berkeley, I know you must wonder when you will see him again.

But he's in good hands, you know that from the bottom of your heart.

Best regards,

Shocky

First Page Last Page
Page 240 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.