cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,306 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]Cal sophomore Niki Peters in the Jeopardy College Championship [/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]T-wall has been MIA
However our investigative reporter has spotted him hanging in a local coffee shop...
...and in Haas Pavilion shooting with his left hand[/SIZE]

Bobodeluxe
HoopDreams;842643944 said:

[SIZE=5]T-wall has been MIA
However our investigative reporter has spotted him hanging in a local coffee shop...
...and in Haas Pavilion shooting with his left hand[/SIZE]

Lay off the sauce, says the old fart sipping a cap at the Solano Peet's.
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842644020 said:

Lay off the sauce, says the old fart sipping a cap at the Solano Peet's.

bobo, i've met you, you're a prince

cal royalty (with a ponytail)#
HoopDreams
oskidunker
Why no outside shooting by our big men??
I once saw Rooks make 8 threes in a row in warm ups. Rabb made some in the high school Alk Star games.

When one is totally unguarded outside and trying to facilitate the offense, i wonder why they don't take the shot. It might open the middle for Brown drives.

Against Colorado,Rooks was wide open from 15 feet,looked panicked and would not take the shot. Why practice these shots if you have no intention of ever taking one?

Martin encouraged Kravish to take threes. You wouldvyhink he would also want that demension from Rooks and Raab.
Shocky1
oskidunker;842644244 said:

Why no outside shooting by our big men??
I once saw Rooks make 8 threes in a row in warm ups. Rabb made some in the high school Alk Star games.

When one is totally unguarded outside and trying to facilitate the offense, i wonder why they don't take the shot. It might open the middle for Brown drives.

Against Colorado,Rooks was wide open from 15 feet,looked panicked and would not take the shot. Why practice these shots if you have no intention of ever taking one?

Martin encouraged Kravish to take threes. You wouldvyhink he would also want that demension from Rooks and Raab.

you think instead of posting up strong in the low post & then receiving entry passes for point blank shots around the basket that we should just encourage ivan, kam & the king to jack up nba 3 pointers?

oskidunker=independent mind thinking outside of the box

oskidunker
No. I am talking about once or twice a game when they find themselves wide open.
BearsObserver
no one posted this?

Happy B-Day!
oskidunker
BearBackerinLA;842644265 said:

no one posted this?

Happy B-Day!

Its his birthday for gods sake let him shoot a three
south bender
Happy birthday, Ivan!

Let's celebrate your 19th by stomping Stanford!
Shocky1
happy birthday, young ivee...did moms tami deliver the tasty mac & cheese b-day treat to her foodie son?

ivan, this video tells the story of who you really are at your core, it's why i respect you for reasons that extend far beyond anything you've ever done or will do in the future with a basketball on a basketball court

notice how you miss the celebratory arm swing five with the young fan in the gold pants & blue shirt but then you have the thoughtfulness to go back & connect/share the love with the little guy after winning the california state championship game at haas pavilion with an ice in your veins free throw vs mater dei

honestly that's all the **** i need to know about you...community leader lou richie told me he thinks you will continue to make a difference in the lives of the youth of oakland, that you will serve as a role model to them

too bad your dumb azz teammates don't ever wanna pass you the ball (unless you're standing at the top of the key with your back to the basket), i feel your pain...wouldn't it be a magnificent b-day present if they relentlessly fed you down low in the post vs stanford?...but no worries, we're gonna figure this out together, see you at the haas saturday my friend

[video=youtube;6_MaZApdKbo][/video]

magnificent#
Shocky1
oskidunker;842644258 said:

No. I am talking about once or twice a game when they find themselves wide open.

you mean during warm ups?...i'm ok with that i suppose
concordtom
HoopDreams;842643944 said:

Did you notice?

[SIZE=6]NOT BY THE HAIR OF HIS CHINNY CHIN CHIN.[/SIZE]
Shocky1
concordtom;842644366 said:

Did you notice?

[SIZE=6]NOT BY THE HAIR OF HIS CHINNY CHIN CHIN.[/SIZE]

t-wall, trust me on this, this is not a good look for that curvy brunette yoga girlfriend of yours

the fashion police#
Shocky1
colorado (17-6/6-4) got stampeded 76-56 by criminal dana altman's fighting' oregon ducks (19-4/8-2) in eugene

ucla (13-10/4-6) continues to play literally no defense for rapist enabler steve alford as the bruins go down in flames 80-61 to crosstown rival usc (18-5/7-3)

oregon state (13-8/4-6) upset utah (17-6/6-4) in corvallis behind the senior leadership of gary payton ii's 20 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds & zero turnovers

st marys (18-3) lost on the road to byu 70-59
socaltownie
Shocky - serious question. Of the guys on the staff's radar screen for 17 and 18 are they looking at the kind of quick penetrating guards that USC has picked up? Now I am not convinced, with how unhappy some of the top coaches are - that we will not see a rebellion at the competition committee and a reversion to past emphasis but assuming that DOESn"T happen it is going to be critical to find a guard that can penetrate like made cause essentially with the new rules that is unstoppable.
Shocky1

there are gonna be worldwide parties tonite to celebrate the b-day of young ivee

this **** is getting live

Shocky1
socaltownie;842644378 said:

Shocky - serious question. Of the guys on the staff's radar screen for 17 and 18 are they looking at the kind of quick penetrating guards that USC has picked up? Now I am not convinced, with how unhappy some of the top coaches are - that we will not see a rebellion at the competition committee and a reversion to past emphasis but assuming that DOESn"T happen it is going to be critical to find a guard that can penetrate like made cause essentially with the new rules that is unstoppable.

the staff has indicated that with the advent of the tighter officiated games that it's a priority for 2016 (tyson jolly & don coleman), 2017 (jemarl baker & alec hickman) along with 2018 (brandon williams) to recruit slashers with length that can attack the basket, draw fouls & knock down free throws

unbreakable#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842643007 said:

any cal fans buying 10+ tixs at calbears.com to the stanford battle this saturday at 1:00 pm at haas pavilion will also receive a $50 gift card to lulu lemon from the shockster

the gold standard (selling out haas)#:cheer

update: shoski will be hand delivering at haas 2 lulu lemon gift cards to true bears that have contacted me via private messaging re: their purchases of 10+ tixs for tomorrow's big game

are you gonna be in the haas?...there are only 5 home games left, when are you gonna roar?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]#23 is a key vs the cardinal
and instead of being one dimensional, Jabari has started to embrace togetherweattack, and aggressively slash to the basket[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842642972 said:

we're approaching another huge gameday turnout of true california golden bears for the stanford battle this saturday at 1:00 pm at haas pavilion

nobody got any excuses to not be there unless you're playing in the super bowl...if you haven't been to haas pavilion this season, just take the mid morning ferry ride from your leper island colony to berkeley, ok?...trust me, it will be fun screaming your hearts out

anyways as part of my ticket selling responsibilities (in addition to personally recruiting them diamonds ivan & jaylen along with schematic strategies re: entry/lob passes) i'm gonna personally be handing out posters of curvy brunette yoga females to all fans that go on calbears.com & buy the remaining tix(s)

yeah, and i'll even sign them too

let's do this (screaming from the rooftops)#

have you called 1-800gobears and/or checked calbears.com for tix(s)?
oskidunker
The key might be can we defend without fouling. Oregon pkayed a zone last night and I think Colorado only got 2 free throws in the first half. Its not hard.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842307037 said:

pat haden is a former rose bowl winning qb at sc who also had a successful tenure at a flourishing private equity firm & is currently the athletic director at usc

he is really, really smart (rhodes scholar) & really, really gullible

pat & i have had 4 interactions during the last couple of yrs

1) i was on the practice putting green at san francisco golf club (where i used to caddie during my hs & cal days, rick rhoads was the pro then too) at 8:00 am on the thursday morning of the usc/cal fb game at att park when mr rhoads told me the visiting usc golf team would be sending out 3 groups (college golfers play notoriously slow, they tend to read putts from 3-4 spots before putting & then mark their balls even if they are a foot from the hole) & asked if i would like to go off the 10th tee as a single player with my caddie (which means i could walk 18 holes in 2 & 1/2 hrs instead of almost 5 hrs)

i thanked mr rhoads & yelled at at my caddie pat "hey pat, we're gonna go off on 10, grab some tees and let's roll"

so the other player putting on the green walks toward me and starts pulling tees out of his pockets...i said to him "sorry about that, i was talking to pat my caddie, you're pat haden, right"...and we had a nice converation (i did not ask him if the cash payment envelopes that ex bb head coach tim floyd used to pay oj mayo were athletic dept issued or from floyd's personal collection)

my caddie pat thought it was pretty great that a guest like me (a former caddie) would tell a guest to go get him some tees & when we finished our round the entire caddyshack high fived me

2) i was at a cal/usc game fb massacre at the coliseum in the high donor trojan section (al cowlings, oj's white bronco driver buddy & his drunk azz lady friend sat behind us) at midfield (they have hostesses bring you free food & drinks all game...they are very flirty but i behaved myself & did not ask for any lap dances)

so usc is up like 42-3 or something at halftime & an enthusiastic pat haden is making the rounds...when he gets to me he says "wow, this couldn't be going any better, could it?"

i told him "i don't know about that, maybe the bears could run the 2nd half kickoff back for a touchdown"

there's a flicker of recongition in his eyes as pat realizes i'm messing with him...he gives me a fake laugh & starts talking to the group next to me

3) pat haden is a member at lacc, the valley club of montecito & pine valley...i'm putting out on the 18th green of the north at los angeles country club with some buddies & i spot pat getting ready to tee off on the adjacent 1st tee

so i yell out "hey pat"...he looks over trying to figure out who i am, you can tell he has no idea who i am...so i yell again a little bit louder "hey pat" & start doing a couple of fist pumps while i yell his name

so haden finally yells back "hey, how's it going?" while fist pumping me back

i look him in the eyes & yell "go bears"

haden immediately stops fist pumping me back & his group all starts laughing...heard one of his guys saying "pat, i think you just got punked"

4) last nite i bought in front of galen a scalper tix from jeff capehart (who told me he was a former cal bb player in the 1980s) & then just sat in the 1st row behind the cal bench (i believe strongly in the principle in open seating)

there's a little walkway between the 1st row & the cal bench so who walks by but a widely smiling pat haden, most likely greatly enthused by the trojans clownpunking of the bears

so as he walks by i say "excuse me, pat, when will i will receiving a pine valley invitation from you?"

he looks at me & says with a wink "it all depends on your donations this year"

i look him in the eye (we're about the same height) & tell him, "pat, there's probably a better chance i'm going to donate to the el paso school of bartending that usc"

my buddy pat realizes i'm messing with him (again) & gives me another fake smile and walks away

kinda getting the vibe from pat that i ain't gonna be invited to sit on his selection commmitte for the next trojan bb hc

my favorite trojan#

my pal pat haden is gonna step down as the usc athletic director effective june 31, 2016

i dunno maybe he wants to spend more time hosting me at pine valley & **** like that or maybe not
Shocky1
i don't wanna give anybody the impression that my pal pat haden is always gracious to me, last time we met up at the galen center didn't turn out so great for me (or the cal basketball team either)

Shocky1;842435835 said:

so i wait until the usc player introductions & the lights are turned down at the galen center to snag a floor seat

but guess who's standing in front of me, waving an angry finger at me when the lights come back on?

my pal pat haden wearing an ugly azz grey/blue suit with a red striped tie

and pat is furious, honestly i think someone has sent him a link to the cal's monster class thread because he's turning bright orange like i'd poisoned traveler or something

pat: what you are doing here?

me: sitting?

pat: not here you're not, let's go

me: pat, i'm not sure that outfit is working for you

pat: (putting his hand on my shoulder to help me get up): let's go

me: pat, why can't i be your special guest tonite?

pat: (shaking his head & fuming and looking over at security) now

yeah, i got owned by my pal pat tonite

this ain't over

mailed it in#
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842634362 said:

alec hickman scored 10 points as his jserra lions got gored 58-43 by the orange lutheran lancers

cal's touch the sky class (2017)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Ivan Rabb reminds you to wear GOLD if you sit in sections:
4, 5, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, 28[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown reminds you to wear BLUE, if you sit in sections:
1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 21 , 22, 24, 25[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the shockster reminds you if you are a curvy brunette yoga female (like t-wall's girlfriend) to wear whatever the **** you want to if you are sitting in sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]sorry Shocky... I'm listening to these dudes...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1;842644848 said:

the shockster reminds you if you are a curvy brunette yoga female (like t-wall's girlfriend) to wear whatever the **** you want to if you are sitting in sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28

Shocky1
"heavy is the head that wears the crown"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
Shocky1;842582662 said:

team: stanford cardinals

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 11th place

coach: johnny "the roadrunner" dawkins

what you need to know about dawkins: the hyperactive roadrunner has the annoying practice of doing a 60 second taliban like lectures in front of the bench with each player (they are not allowed to speak during this very public humiliation) after every substitution in order to publicly embarrass them instead of just letting them sit down...and yeah, johnny is also the worst game managing coach in the pac 12 with less than 5 minutes left in the game which has contributed to the cards missing the ncca tournament 6 out of his 7 years on the farm...beep, beep

what's up in palo alto?: the cardinals 3 best players chasson randle (19.6 ppg), anthony brown (14.8 ppg & 6.9 rpg) & stefan "frankenstein" nastic (13.4 ppg & 6.5 rpg) are all gone leaving only role players like the allen twins (who took sammy singer's stanford offer), enforcer reid travis, skinny big michael humphrey & incoming freshman cameron walker (note to the bears staff: strong gpa recruits from non urban & highly sheltered family backgrounds will almost pick stanford over cal, don't waste your time)

but make no mistake about it, nasty was the fugliest dude in the pac 12 last season

dude scared the **** out of a lot of little children by smiling at them

good thing for nastic is that it is one of life's basic truths that hot girls from academically mediocre schools like oregon and arizona want to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...so there's always hope for stefan

what this means for the bears: if the bears can push tempo against the non plus 1 athletic cards, a sweep of both pac 12 games is a real possibility this season...and then hopefully stanford athletic director bernard muir will lock up johnny with a 5 year guaranteed contract...look at the mr brightside, with the perennial top 5 worst (along with usc) attendance numbers in collegiate basketball, we can turn maples pavilion into haas south on gameday in palo alto...beep, beep

stanford is 11-9/4-5 with a home win at maples vs a whiny azz cal team that bitched about every foul instead of manning up...sorry but sometimes the truth is painful

the cards are led by the pac 12's most improved player senior hungarian 6'9" 220 lbs rosco allen (15.1 ppg with 37.3% on 3 pointers & 6.2 rpg), 6'3" 190 lbs marcus allen (12.3 ppg), 6'5" 210 lbs dorian pickens (11.5 ppg), 6'9" 218 lbs michael humphrey (10.2 ppg with 48.2% fgs & 6.6 rpg)...stongman reid travis will be sidelined with a stress fracture in his left leg

with a loud & energized cal striped out fanbase expected at haas pavilion at 1:00 pm , this is a huge opportunity for the bears to start the necessary pac 12 2nd half of the season run...sammy gotta feed a healthy young ivee down low in the post & push tempo against the slower cards...jaylen gotta play team basketball & j mat gotta bring his inner creasy...coach martin will hopefully design a play (or two) early in the contest to get the bird man going...stanford averages only 36 rpg, the bears gotta crash the offensive boards

the most efficient way to stop other team's runs is to feed ivan for point blank shots around the rim, if this doesn't happen the dumb azz bears will continue to struggle

are this year's talented california golden bears mentally tough enough to play thru adversity & compete with a physical brand of d for a full 40 minutes on the road without fatal candy azz soft lapses?

let's ******* do this (the roar at haas)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]stripeHaas[/SIZE]

south bender
Shocky, is not your comment about "on the road" misplaced?
Shocky1
south bender;842644965 said:

Shocky, is not your comment about "on the road" misplaced?

not really, them bears gotta walk down the road from the basketball house on ellsworth to haas
First Page Last Page
Page 277 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.