cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,769 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the video. I hadn't seen that one before. It reinforces my opinion that he is or can be an elite shooter. It's not just his catch and shoot, but also his pull up jumpers. In contrast when I saw Ricky K's highlight videos I said I was concerned about his shooting, even though he hit the shots in the video.

Of course I also said that Rossi was/could be an elite shooter too (that still maybe true)

He also is a good ball handler, although these days I think just about all the good ball handlers are palming to me.

sluggo_Cal;842127531 said:

Those are old highlights from his junior year. I have seen them more times than I would admit on a public forum. But I found new ones from his senior year: He looks noticeably bigger and more athletic than his junior year. His skills are still off the charts. He can shoot not only off the catch but after taking had dribbles in either direction. Combine that with his killer crossover and he won't be stopped.

I can't think rationally about him any more. I am tempted to say that I think, in the long run, he will be the best member of the 2013 entering class. But that is ridiculous considering Bird's ranking, right? I will say I can't wait for the season to start.

Sluggo
Shocky1
dan1997;842127510 said:

This thread is too long, over 100,000 views ... unreal...

100,000 is too much?...what you talkin about, fool?

-snoop dogg, derek jeter, hugh hefner, wilt chamberlin & paris hilton
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842127347 said:

The question is why did Sami only attempt and complete one semester of work at Barton. We are asked to believe that from the outset it was Sami's objective to earn enough JC class credits to satisfy the NCAA entrance requirement.

This path should have been clear to him and his advisors. If he needed to complete an associate degree which requires 60 units it would seem obvious that Sami should have remained at Barton and completed another semester.

Did he as speculated return to Denmark instead of completing another 12 hours of course work at a qualified institution. Now it seems that his academic load is 45- 48 units.

This requirement seems like it may be more than he should be expected to complete for inclusion in the 2014-2015 recruiting class.

viney, your concerns are completely understandable from your presumably american perspecive (a classic example of ethnocentrism) but you might be underestimating the family (missing mom & dad), cultural & financial challenges of sami's decision to hopefully travel 5,472 miles to play bb at sfcc for justin labagh with the intent to eventually transfer to the #1 public university in the world

let's wait & see if sami enrolls at sfcc summer school on june 10th...

world wide waldo watch#
Shocky1
1947;842127411 said:

Shockster,

me thinks you should run for president.

thx 1947 but despite the presidential authority that would allow me to turn camp pendelton's oceanside terrain into a 54 walking only environmentally sensitive public golfing mecca (juniors would play free) with minimalist designers bill coore, tom doak & gil hanse & the opportunity to sit next to mr cranky pants at all cal bb games (secret service would sit next to oski who would also be armed) and direct monty when to put our night club hero jeff powers into the game, i really couldn't afford the pay cut

plus my current 1st wife, mrs shockster, wouldn't like all the interns dressing like kate upton partying at lure nightclub in hollywood...
south bender
Watching this more recent video, I see more evidence of Singer's basketball smarts.

If a player has them, he can make plays against more "athletic" (read quicker/springier)players. The ultimate example of this remains Larry Bird.

I am not implying this kid is now or ever will be on Bird's level, but he does appear to be really smart on the court, with his passing, defensive anticipation, getting open offensively.

And it does not hurt that it appears he can make a lot of shots from different spots.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842127108 said:

nyc, what school has dominated the pac 12 mvp player of the year award during the last 20 years with twice as many winners as the runner up school?

answer: the university of california, berkeley

1993/1994-jason kidd
1995/1996-shareef abdur-rahim
1996/1997-ed gray
2000/2001-sean lampley
2009/2010-jerome randle
2010/2011-derrick williams (arizona)
2011/2012-jorge gutierrez
2012/2013-alan crabbe
2013/2014-justin cobbs*
2014/2015-jabari bird**
2015/2016-co mvps jabari bird & ivan bird

*please note that this award is contingent upon jc developing a dedicated yoga practice this summer to eliminate his obvious angst and become better balanced both physically & mentally (like the shockster) with less of a perpetual pissed off/constipated demeanor

**please note that this award is contingent upon jb's continued development in creating his own shot & not taking off plays along with the necessary s&c good muscle/weight gains

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world

according to section 19, clause 69(ii)b:

any one and dumb candidate player that disrupts team chemistry and displays a consistent preference for jacking up 24 footers while developing their perimeter shooting/auditioning for the nba rather than scoring 25 ppg in the paint (and thereby helping their college team win bb games) is NOT eligible for the pac 12 most valuable basketball player award

hmmmm....this certainly explains why alan crabbe won the award instead of shabazzzzzzzzzz in 2012/2013 and why justin cobbs will win the award instead of ag in 2013/2014

clowns are stoopid#
Shocky1
SFCityBear;842127099 said:

Shocky,

I should have known that Brit was a lying son of a gun.

Looping at SFGC eh? Was the caddymaster at the time a guy named Jack?

When I was student at Cal, I used to sneak on SFGC at the second hole in the late afternoon. By the time I got to the 18th tee (if I hadn’t gotten tossed off the course), it was usually dark. I played the 18th and the 1st hole back to my car. I used to know a scratch player whose father was a member. One day a greenskeeper stopped me, and asked what I was doing playing alone. I said I had been playing with Dennis and his dad, but they left after nine holes, and told me I could keep playing. So the greenskeeper asked me, “Did Jack say it was OK?” I answered, “Jack said it was OK” and he let me continue playing.

I got a little bolder later on, just telling them right out “Jack said it was OK”. Once I brought my girlfriend out to walk around with me. She was wearing spike heels, and those runs for the bushes to avoid the greenskeeper were hard on her, so I didn’t bring her after that. I remember playing one hole near the Westlake border, when a half dozen cops ran out from the bushes onto the fairway, with guns drawn. I thought they were after me. They disappeared just as fast, in hot pursuit of some other criminal. I continued on.

Many years later, I fell in with some very fast company, some of the Bay Area’s best amateur players, and we played all over, a different course every day. One of their rules was that you must always pay a green fee. I never told them that I had snuck on darn near every country club in the Bay Area, and most of them in San Diego. I reformed right then, paying my green fee, and never snuck on a course again.

SFCB

hey sfcb, funny stories (your gf w/high heels was actually aerating the greens)

ray (an irish drunk) and later hawk (he might have been a graduate student/professor...he would always ask me about the books i read while waiting for a loop on the caddyshack bench) were the sfgc caddymasters...rick rhodes was the head pro then too (his treating me quite a bit differently these days would be an understatement)

2 quick sfgc caddyshack stories:

after a partciuarly financially lucrative double bagger with "crazy eddie", a rakish lady's man a few yrs older than me, he talked me into sneaking on with him at sharon heights in menlo park that afternoon...after a quick 18 holes we walked into the clubhouse and he proceeded to order drinks (even though i was also underaged) from the cute waitress..when she asked for our member #, he made up a 3 digiit #, she smiled and brought us our beautifully chilled happy hour cocktails on the veranda...if you ever saw the movie "catch me if you can" with leonardo dicaprio, that was crazy eddie

another time after caddieing with "louis" i saw him walking toward the gate so as i drove by in my grandfather's beat up tin can, i offered him a ride home which he accepted...as we drove he told me lived near golden gate park but as we got closer he didn't give me an address...and then he said suddenly, "hey man, this is close enough, you can let me out here" so i stopped, we shook hands and he walked into the park...at dinner that night, my parents & sister told me (to my amazement) that he was probably homeless...i cannot drive thru golden gate park to this day and not think about louis

they might be giants#
Shocky1
what's that stomping sound you hear in the distance?

that's the cal monster class of bird, mathews, singer, (k)rooks & roger approaching berkeley, california for cal's summer bridge program (june 28th thru august 9th)

what classes are the bears players & coaches taking this summer?

***industrial nations urban landfills & garbage (time)-garrett galvin

***greek mythology: the greatest epic battles of ivan-travis decuire

***advanced molecular agitation technology (amat)-david kravish

***global logistics, positioning & statistics-gregg gottlieb

***off shore banking regulatory standards-alan crabbe

***introduction to yoga-justin cobbs* (*if this class is not successfully completed, jc can forget about the 2013/2014 pac 12 mvp award)

***literary works of franz kafka: the metamorphosis-kahlil johnson

***origins of european foot stomping-mike montgomery

***art of happiness (masters level)-tyrone wallace

***21st century risk management and safety-ricky kreklow & christian behrens

***estuaries, lakes & rivers of denmark-john montgomery

***military and national defense strategies(in the paint)-richard solomon

***nightclub economics: closing the midnight deal-jeff powers

***life skills for asu grads: spelling & stripping-mrs shockster

***astronomy 10: uranus-the shockster

***collegiate problem drinking & solutions-oski

any other class enrollments that should be noted?

summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
arizona state university=#1 ranked college with most current strippers in the united states
tenplay
HoopDreams;842127516 said:

I'm not sure I've seen this video before, although it was posted in 2012, but I'm not sure why I've seen comments about his shooting. To me, he's got a pure shot. He also can drive either direction, can lay score with either hand, and even finish in traffic. It doesn't show his lateral quickness on defense, but does show he can anticipate passes.

Some of the highlights show him play against obviously inferior competition, but others show him play against athletes of similar or bigger size. Maybe those team's had poor defense (e.g. poor help defense), but my point is he didn't look out classed athletically.

Of course it's a highlight film, but then he also has an additional season experience since the video was taken.

I am impressed with his outside shooting and ability to drive to the basket. But I noticed that he didn't dunk at all even when he easily could have. And it's good that he is used to playing before empty stands of unresponsive fans. What's with the sparse numbers of Everglades fans at home games and none of them reacting to made baskets? Maybe it is too hot and sticky in their gym for fans to want to show up or even move.
Shocky1
congratulations to 2015's #1 ranked player on planet earth ivan rabb on making the 16 under usa basketball development team

with all due respect to dr danger who has deep contacts within the cal bb white house, ir is more like jb than ag

ag (like shabazzzz) would have never said:

"the most important thing to me when choosing a school is not just basketball but academics...not everyone is going to the nba and i realize that and it doesn't matter what the rankings say...i need to stay humble, keeping working hard and make sure i make the right decision"

mom knows best#
represent the bay#
fly with the bird#

south bender
tenplay;842127810 said:

I am impressed with his outside shooting and ability to drive to the basket. But I noticed that he didn't dunk at all even when he easily could have. And it's good that he is used to playing before empty stands of unresponsive fans. What's with the sparse numbers of Everglades fans at home games and none of them reacting to made baskets? Maybe it is too hot and sticky in their gym for fans to want to show up or even move.

So what that he did not dunk? Did he not score with his lay up?

If you were citing even one instance where a dunk would have meant a score that otherwise would not be made, that would be noteworthy. Otherwise, Singer's simply laying the ball in demonstrates more the absence of hot dog in his game. I welcome that and still shudder at the memories of blown baskets because Cal players were childishly enamored of the showiness of the dunk (Hardin's having been the most egregious offender).

Go Bears!
Shocky1
terrific article entitled "student of the game, ivan rabb shines on and off the court" by john holt at the usa basketball website (hopefully someone more high tech will post a link to this informative article)

not known as a good student until this past year, rabb had a 2.5 gpa during his
"transitional" 1st year at bod...then ivan started attending study hall twice a day, once in the morning & once after school (pay attention, malik pope)

ir's grades at the academically strong bod are now an impressive 3.15 gpa

not mentioned in this article is his college recruitment...ivan has mentioned that cal, arizona and nc state (in that order) are the schools recruiting him the hardest & that "cal came to see me a lot during the year and i went to some football and basketball games...i like the coaches over there, they're all friendly and know what they are doing"

moms matter#
team usa#
represent the bay#
fly with the bird#

HoopDreams
ivan rabb got game. cool to hear we've been showing him some love

Shocky1;842128216 said:

terrific article entitled "student of the game, ivan rabb shines on and off the court" by john holt at the usa basketball website (hopefully someone more high tech will post a link to this informative article)

not known as a good student until this past year, rabb had a 2.5 gpa during his
"transitional" 1st year at bod...then ivan started attending study hall twice a day, once in the morning & once after school (pay attention, malik pope)

ir's grades at the academically strong bod are now an impressive 3.15 gpa

not mentioned in this article is his college recruitment...ivan has mentioned that cal, arizona and nc state (in that order) are the schools recruiting him the hardest & that "cal came to see me a lot during the year and i went to some football and basketball games...i like the coaches over there, they're all friendly and know what they are doing"

moms matter#
team usa#
represent the bay#
fly with the bird#

Civil Bear
south bender;842128211 said:

So what that he did not dunk? Did he not score with his lay up?

If you were citing even one instance where a dunk would have meant a score that otherwise would not be made, that would be noteworthy. Otherwise, Singer's simply laying the ball in demonstrates more the absence of hot dog in his game. I welcome that and still shudder at the memories of blown baskets because Cal players were childishly enamored of the showiness of the dunk (Hardin's having been the most egregious offender).

Go Bears!

I think the comment had more to do with questioning whether or not he can dunk. His videos show a lack of foot speed, so his athleticism, or lack thereof, is in question.

I was then going to say:
"Of course athleticism is not the only factor that determines a players worth or success at the next level, but there is a reason that despite the videos showing him to be a strong player that can shoot off the dribble that he didn't garner much interest from other major programs. Then again, the same could have been said about Jerome Randle, and we all know how he turned out."

Then then I saw this list of offers on Scout:
  • Kansas State
  • Nebraska
  • Miami
  • NC State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Penn State
  • Davidson
  • Richmond

Not too shabby!
sluggo_Cal
Civil Bear;842128238 said:

I think the comment had more to do with questioning whether or not he can dunk. His videos show a lack of foot speed, so his athleticism, or lack thereof, is in question.

I was then going to say:
"Of course athleticism is not the only factor that determines a players worth or success at the next level, but there is a reason that despite the videos showing him to be a strong player that can shoot off the dribble that he didn't garner much interest from other major programs. Then again, the same could have been said about Jerome Randle, and we all know how he turned out."

• Kansas State
  • Nebraska
  • Miami
  • NC State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Penn State
  • Davidson
  • Richmond

Not too shabby!

As his biggest fan, I will argue that his athleticism is not bad. He got 15 rebounds in the state semifinal against a very athletic team, which does not prove the point but means something. I think his speed and jumping ability are good enough. He does seem to lack lateral quickness, which is a problem defensively. And the biggest weakness in his game, other than maybe a high dribble, is no floater or other way to score from about five feet out. In that same game I saw him blocked a number of times while trying to finish because he took it all the way to the rim. I think he should be able to fix the problem.

Sluggo
Shocky1

I was then going to say:

• Kansas State
  • Nebraska
  • Miami
  • NC State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Penn State
  • Davidson
  • Richmond

Not too shabby!

civil, sam singer's final decision in his college recruitment was cal over harvard after johnny dawkins unwisely opted for 6'3" 180 lbs pg marcus allen out of las vegas...allen's mom trina wiggins is a former stanford gymanst

as a very strong student, 3.4 gpa, at an academically elite prep school like ransom everglades from a family (dad is a highly successful attorney in miami) that embraces educational values, singer was looking for the highest level combo of athletics & academics...none of the schools listed above can compete with cal based upon that criteria (nc state is not exactly duke)

can guarantee you that sam has the stanford games for the next 2 yrs circled on his calendar

johnny dawkins will lead the cards to 20+ plus wins next year before they are upset in the 1st round of the ncaa tnt

then the cards 6 srs will depart

and then in 2014 jd will lose 20+ games before an apathetic stanford fan base with the zenith of despair being a 17 pt loss to texas southern at maples before 893 disinterested fans...an already uptight jd will become intolerably annoying & lose his team's respect

and jd will be fired

and if sam singer is named pac 12 freshman on the year, sluggo will be hired by the toronto raptors for his keen scouting skills...

march of the stanford bb penguins#
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842128408 said:

civil, sam singer's final decision in his college recruitment was cal over harvard after johnny dawkins unwisely opted for 6'3" 180 lbs pg marcus allen out of las vegas...allen's mom trina wiggins is a former stanford gymanst

as a very strong student, 3.4 gpa, at an academically elite prep school like ransom everglades from a family (dad is a highly successful attorney in miami) that embraces educational values, singer was looking for the highest level combo of athletics & academics...none of the schools listed above can compete with cal based upon that criteria (nc state is not exactly duke)

can guarantee you that sam has the stanford games for the next 2 yrs circled on his calendar

johnny dawkins will lead the cards to 20+ plus wins next year before they are upset in the 1st round of the ncaa tnt

then the cards 6 srs will depart

and then in 2014 jd will lose 20+ games before an apathetic stanford fan base with the zenith of despair being a 17 pt loss to texas southern at maples before 893 disinterested fans...an already uptight jd will become intolerably annoying & lose his team's respect

and jd will be fired

and if sam singer is named pac 12 freshman on the year, sluggo will be hired by the toronto raptors for his keen scouting skills...

march of the stanford bb penguins#

With all due respect, Shocky, I personally consider both Allen twins to really good prospects. They had 4.7 GPAs or something crazy like that and they're both really good athletes with a nice upside. I can't say Dawkins "unwisely" chose the Allen twins over Singer. Especially when they've already got a player similar to Singer in Christian Sanders. Of course, Dawkins may not know how to use the Twins, and if he can't up his coaching game, then he'll be gone anyways.

Also, how's that Idy Diallo thing lookin'? I'm proud to say I was never on that train. Reports are that he stunk it up at Pangos. The twittersphere was buzzing about Zimmerman's vicious dunk on him. Welsh, on the other hand, looked much better and keeps improving.
Shocky1
tsubamoto2001;842128501 said:

With all due respect, Shocky, I personally consider both Allen twins to really good prospects. They had 4.7 GPAs or something crazy like that and they're both really good athletes with a nice upside. I can't say Dawkins "unwisely" chose the Allen twins over Singer. Of course, Dawkins may not know how to use the Twins, but if he can't up his coaching game, then he'll be gone anyways.

tsub, definitely hear what you are saying...marcus is a legit prospect but his 6'1" bro macolm seems to be the throw in as part of a package deal from centennial in las vegas...dawkins should have brokered the deal by offering sam singer & marcus allen and then shipping malcolm (in the middle) off to the ivy leagues

sam is gonna clownpunk the allen twins...

zach maynard: 2012 university of california (berkeley) video game mvp#
keenan allen: 2012 3rd round san diego chargers nfl draft pick#
Shocky1
tom kensler of the denver post has ranked the incoming pac 12 basketball classes as follows:

1) arizona
2) california
3) oregon
4) washington
5) colorado
6) ucla
7) usc
8) washington state
9) stanford
10) utah
11) asu*
12) oregon state

*mens basketball players only, future female stripper talent not included

while this ranking seems accurate for 2013, once one & dumb ag b gon, then the cal monster class will prove to be the pac 12's best class over the next 2-4 yrs

arizona state university=#1 college with most current strippers in the united states
arizona=#1 ranked college in southern arizona (ahead of the pima county school of bartending) for most grads in floor supervisor jobs at costco & best buy
south bender

I was then going to say:

• Kansas State
  • Nebraska
  • Miami
  • NC State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Penn State
  • Davidson
  • Richmond

Not too shabby!

Maybe this sets me up for eating a large portion of crow, but I cannot imagine, at 6'-4 or 5", he cannot.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842127108 said:

nyc, what school has dominated the pac 12 mvp player of the year award during the last 20 years with twice as many winners as the runner up school?

answer: the university of california, berkeley

1993/1994-jason kidd
1995/1996-shareef abdur-rahim
1996/1997-ed gray
2000/2001-sean lampley
2009/2010-jerome randle
2010/2011-derrick williams (arizona)
2011/2012-jorge gutierrez
2012/2013-alan crabbe
2013/2014-justin cobbs*
2014/2015-jabari bird**
2015/2016-co mvps jabari bird & ivan bird

*please note that this award is contingent upon jc developing a dedicated yoga practice this summer to eliminate his obvious angst and become better balanced both physically & mentally (like the shockster) with less of a perpetual pissed off/constipated demeanor

**please note that this award is contingent upon jb's continued development in creating his own shot & not taking off plays along with the necessary s&c good muscle/weight gains

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world

pac 12 commish larry scott is apparently considering several cost savings financial measures including one whereby the pac 12 mvp trophy would be just left in monty's office (thereby saving the pac 12 signficant shipping costs) for his annual engraving (at cal's expense) of the bears best player....sean miller could not be reached for comment as he is attending the camp friendly pines weeklong coaching camp retreat...sm is enrolled in the following remedial seminar at the insistence of artie & greg, introduction to basketball xxx's & ooo's: making in game coaching stategy adjustments which includes an instructional video by mr cranky pants

pac 12 mvp trophy lives in berkeley#
Shocky1
ok, so who else has an opinion regarding the bear's 2013 monster class?

relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb told me "we are proud of the recruiting class we have assembled this year...a lot of work went into it and i think it will be our most well rounded and prepared class to date during my tenure...we will finally have depth at the perimeter which has definitely hurt us over the last few years...i also think kameron rooks will be our bet low post player we have had as well...he has great size, good hands, can seal and hold position in the paint and most importantly, can finish in the paint...his primary focus will be leaning out his body which has already happened some"

cal monster class#
south bender
Shocky1;842128642 said:

ok, so who else has an opinion regarding the bear's 2013 monster class?

relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb told me "we are proud of the recruiting class we have assembled this year...a lot of work went into it and i think it will be our most well rounded and prepared class to date during my tenure...we will finally have depth at the perimeter which has definitely hurt us over the last few years...i also think kameron rooks will be our bet low post player we have had as well...he has great size, good hands, can seal and hold position in the paint and most importantly, can finish in the paint...his primary focus will be leaning out his body which has already happened some"

cal monster class#

Good going, Shocky. Great to read this.

Also, great to have a pure basketball post from you, without all the golf and other non-basketball stuff, none of which belongs on this site IMO.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
walked 18 holes early this morning (gotta beat the desert heat, golf carts are for fat boyz) at whisper rock as a fast moving twosome with one of the university of arizona's largest donors who told me this jay john story:

jay john's youngest son is participating at the wildcat's summer basketball camp and he tells his coach he lost one of his contact lens...since jj was the braintrust of the highly successful lute era, all play stops immediately while all the camp players, asst coaches, counselors & parents are on their knees meticulously searching the floor of mckale for the missing lens

finally somebody runs up to jj's office and tells him what's going on...jay leans back in his chair, offers a sheepish smile and says "he doesn't wear contact lens"

summer breezes#
"ok, so who else has an opinion regarding the bear's 2013 monster class?"

IF................the "lads" that make up your 2013 monster class not show the AGILITY that has to be there in order for the look and the feel of what a real BB player needs to show, the Shockster must give up his self designated role as our #1 promoter.

That's the fact jack.
Shocky1
1947;842128881 said:

"ok, so who else has an opinion regarding the bear's 2013 monster class?"

IF................the "lads" that make up your 2013 monster class not show the AGILITY that has to be there in order for the look and the feel of what a real BB player needs to show, the Shockster must give up his self designated role as our #1 promoter.

That's the fact jack.

hmmmm....if planet Earth is blown up by aliens from Jupiter because of another John Montomgery mistake, will the Shockster agree that he can't take Astronomy 10: Uranus this summer?

still not sure why our lads would recruit a BIRD for our BEARS..................that makes absolutely no sense

1947=the shockster's summertime wingman

summer breezes#
"still not sure why our lads would recruit a BIRD for our BEARS."

Again, Shockster, I do not believe our "lads" recruited a BIRD for our BEARS.

I believe very strongly that a BIRD'S DAD recruited a BIRD for our BEARS.

Remember,(see other topic post) our lads were too busy patting themselves on the back for landing BAK BAK.
Shocky1
there is growing consensus among the cal donors that when monty eventually retires someday that sb will name travis decuire hc, gregg gottlieb associate hc & john montgomery retained too

recruiting elite student athletes to the #1 ranked public university in the world is a completely different skill set than just selling dumb azz 2.5 gpa ballers on your bb program...hiring a trendy candidate like brad stevens, shaka smart, chaka kahn or even phil jackson just won't work at cal...the recruitment of student athletes with high gpas is signficantly more challenging (because of the small talent pool) than just recruiting your typical d1 2.5 gpa baller whose heading to an academically glorified jc like arizona or oregon (90%+ acceptance rates assures its grads future floor supervisor careers at costco & best buy)

when this happens, with some of the $ saved from the reduction in salary from monty to td (whose contract will likely be structured with lucrative incentives based upon athletic milestones & continued academic success), the bears should make a serious run at college's winningiest (87.6% victories) coach, justin labagh of sfcc & former cal bb walk on

if labagh doesn't join td's staff, then the bears should target potential recuiting dynamos theo robertson, aj diggs or dennis gates

future cal monster classes continuity#
represent the bay#
south bender
Shocky1;842129009 said:

there is growing consensus among the cal donors that when monty eventually retires someday that sb will name travis decuire hc, gregg gottlieb associate hc & john montgomery retained too

recruiting elite student athletes to the #1 ranked public university in the world is a completely different skill set than just selling dumb azz 2.5 gpa ballers on your bb program...hiring a trendy candidate like brad stevens, shaka smart, chaka kahn or even phil jackson just won't work at cal...the recruitment of student athletes with high gpas is signficantly more challenging (because of the small talent pool) than just recruiting your typical d1 2.5 gpa baller whose heading to an academically glorified jc like arizona or oregon (90%+ acceptance rates assures its grads future floor supervisor careers at costco & best buy)

when this happens, with some of the $ saved from the reduction in salary from monty to td (whose contract will likely be structured with lucrative incentives based upon athletic milestones & continued academic success), the bears should make a serious run at college's winningiest (87.6% victories) coach, justin labagh of sfcc & former cal bb walk on

if labagh doesn't join td's staff, then the bears should target potential recuiting dynamos theo robertson, aj diggs or dennis gates

future cal monster classes continuity#
represent the bay#

TD has no significant track record of head coach success.

To hire him or anyone without it is not wise.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842121959 said:

opinions are like butts, everyone has one...of course, j-lo & rihanna's derrieres draw more attention than oskis

so how good is amhaad rorie?

dave telep: ranks ar among the top 5 pgs in the usa for 2014..."in an era where true leadership and the ability to lead a team are rare, rorie solves any deficiency the cal bears might have at the point"

josh gershon: "i like amhaad rorie...i think he's gonna be a good player" but prefers diminutive (and often injured) arizona commit parker jackson-cartwright quite a bit more in terms of west coast pgs

jim mcgill (moraga bear): "rorie's amongst the top pgs in the nation as he's continued to develop his game, his leadership and his body"

john foletta: "i love rorie's game...a true point guard, rorie has nice handles, solid vision and a refined shot...put him at the top of the key in an isolation set and he'll either burn your defense or draw multiple defenders...either way, he'll make you pay"

kameron chatman: top 50 player out of portland, currently in long beach says "i'm good friends with amhaad...i was talking to him the other day and he was telling me about the school in general and why cal is the best school for him"

at least one member of the cal coaching staff: ar is a top 50 talent

aubrey shelton: as coach of lincoln hs he has implored ar (and the rest of the abes) to more consistently take his d intensity to the next level...shelton told me that ar shot 45% 3 pters this season as a jr, that's an amazing statistic comparable to a rb rushing for 2500 yds...for comparison purposes, the bears shot an abysmal 30% from the longer college 3 pt line this season

amhaad rorie: "i won't feel satisfied until moms stops workin"

the shockster: with an academically elite 3.8 gpa, ar is the best student athlete pg from the 2014 class on planet earth & is an ideal cal fit as a distriubtor/facilitator & scorer

beyonce: "amhaad is the man...if he lived in cali instead of the cold azz northwest, i would probably go to his hs prom with him"

2014 mcdonalds all star game#
fly with the bird#
california dreamin#
work hard, die last#

the university of california berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

fergie-sipping champagne high in the sky...

amhaad rorie spent his final school day ever in washington on june 4th, arrived in new york for the 1st time on june 5th & is now heading to italy for a week of all star games against euro teams for usa team select

bonjouorno#
italian girls in high heels & short dresses on motor scooters are smokin hot#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
no doubt solo's mom sheryl, dad richard jr & 3 older sisters (including amra who played vb for the bears) love solo but must wonder how he can play like a dominating feral animal against syracuse in the ncaa tnt yet completely disappear during a tuesday night non conference game

a nba organization client of mine told me that solo has gone from off the grid to top 125 evaluation radar status which means a breakthrough sr yr could potentially play him into the 2nd round of the 2014 nba draft

gregg gottlieb told me that "we are expecting richard solomon to have a great year for us...he entered cal weighing 195 lbs and last season played at about 230-235 lbs...i think he may add a little more weight...ideally maybe he could play at 240 lbs...richard really does not feel comfortable with his back to the basket and his shot has continued to improve...we are still trying to improve his back to the basket skills but we will also try to get him to attack from a face up position...i think it could become a strength of his becasue he has very good first step quickness for his size...more important for richard is focusing on playing to win...that means defending, rebounding and being active in all areas of the game...when he competes like that we are very good defensively as a team...he has to learn how to stay out of foul trouble as well...these are all areas that he signficantly improved on during the season and it was a major reason we won 7 straight games"

2014 nba draft#
into the wild#
work hard, die last#
socaltownie
south bender;842129015 said:

TD has no significant track record of head coach success.

To hire him or anyone without it is not wise.

Go Bears!

This. Assuming Monty retires with the Bears in a good position it needs to be a national search and it seems likely (highly) that Cal would be among the best jobs available for a guy who wants to coach college ball.

I may be pumping sunshine but I am hoping that the combination of a decent recruiting class, the back to back invites, the POY, and AC's impending 1st round status will elevate things so that Haas once again becomes a hard ticket.

Shocky - while I enjoy the humor what I ACTUALLY would like to hear about is how ticket sales are going. Long term success for the program probably requires that Haas is filled more often and there is an excitement about the program outside of the hallowed halls of BI.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842127546 said:

thx 1947 but despite the presidential authority that would allow me to turn camp pendelton's oceanside terrain into a 54 walking only environmentally sensitive public golfing mecca (juniors would play free) with minimalist designers bill coore, tom doak & gil hanse & the opportunity to sit next to mr cranky pants at all cal bb games (secret service would sit next to oski who would also be armed) and direct monty when to put our night club hero jeff powers into the game, i really couldn't afford the pay cut

plus my current 1st wife, mrs shockster, wouldn't like all the interns dressing like kate upton partying at lure nightclub in hollywood...

if the shockster was the president, my 1st fiscal cost saving measure would be to eliminate the unnecessary & costly potus secret service detail & instead just travel with oski

can you imagine the uproar at the state dinner with russian president vladmir putin when a slightly inebriated oski asks him how his good looking gymanst gf alina kabaeva got "such a nice azz"???

vice president beyonce would just shake her head...
Shocky1
Shocky1;842129057 said:

no doubt solo's mom sheryl, dad richard jr & 3 older sisters (including amra who played vb for the bears) love solo but must wonder how he can play like a dominating feral animal against syracuse in the ncaa tnt yet completely disappear during a tuesday night non conference game

a nba organization client of mine told me that solo has gone from off the grid to top 125 evaluation radar status which means a breakthrough sr yr could potentially play him into the 2nd round of the 2014 nba draft

gregg gottlieb told me that "we are expecting richard solomon to have a great year for us...he entered cal weighing 195 lbs and last season played at about 230-235 lbs...i think he may add a little more weight...ideally maybe he could play at 240 lbs...richard really does not feel comfortable with his back to the basket and his shot has continued to improve...we are still trying to improve his back to the basket skills but we will also try to get him to attack from a face up position...i think it could become a strength of his becasue he has very good first step quickness for his size...more important for richard is focusing on playing to win...that means defending, rebounding and being active in all areas of the game...when he competes like that we are very good defensively as a team...he has to learn how to stay out of foul trouble as well...these are all areas that he signficantly improved on during the season and it was a major reason we won 7 straight games"

2014 nba draft#
into the wild#
work hard, die last#

cal drama: which solo is gonna show up every game this season?

***syracuse-34 minutes, 7-12 fgs, 8-13 fts, 22 pts, 14 boards & 1 to
***ucla-28 minutes, 8-10 fgs, 1-3 fts, 17 pts, 8 boards & 2 tos
***wisconsin-21 minutes, 1-3 fgs, 1-2 fts, 3 pts, 4 boards & 5 tos (fouled out)

nba level players play with an inner relentless drive that does not rely upon ouside forces (such as the cal fb team/chris mccain) motivating you to bring your a game

2014 nba draft#
into the wild#
work hard, die last#
Shocky1
socaltownie;842129205 said:

This. Assuming Monty retires with the Bears in a good position it needs to be a national search and it seems likely (highly) that Cal would be among the best jobs available for a guy who wants to coach college ball.

I may be pumping sunshine but I am hoping that the combination of a decent recruiting class, the back to back invites, the POY, and AC's impending 1st round status will elevate things so that Haas once again becomes a hard ticket.

Shocky - while I enjoy the humor what I ACTUALLY would like to hear about is how ticket sales are going. Long term success for the program probably requires that Haas is filled more often and there is an excitement about the program outside of the hallowed halls of BI.

kim, khloe & kourtney kardashian have made it klear that they will probably attend every game at haas to keep their eyes all over kameron

so you have that...

go kal

no more krispy kreme for kameron#
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.