cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,294,634 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
hummbabybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if the sports programs at CCSF will be shuttered with the financial crisis at the school.

HoopDreams;842141020 said:

The Shockster with the inside scoop again!
If Samy plays well at CCSF will draw a lot of attention. 7 foot talented hoops players always will. Hope he continues his progress, and does earn the recognition, and that with Cal early contact signs him anyway.
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842141114 said:

what wine will sarah and mike have with their dinner?

oh, and what is CW's game like?

the montgomerys prefer a glass of cabinet so you know with dinner

cameron walker=taller alan crabbe
sluggo_Cal
Shocky1;842141340 said:

cameron walker=taller alan crabbe

No, he is a phenomenal all-court player. If he knew how many times I have watched this video he would think I was a stalker:

Sluggo
HoopDreams
I see the Allan Crabbe similarities, but also see he's got a better slashing game than Crabbe had when he was in HS

Looks like the type of player who would excel in a Monty system

sluggo_Cal;842141362 said:

No, he is a phenomenal all-court player. If he knew how many times I have watched this video he would think I was a stalker:

Sluggo
Shocky1
Shocky1;841962033 said:

wiltjer's 2013 pt will likely be 15-20 mpg max (and could potentially be as low as 5-10 mpg) with #1 pf in the nation julius randle's likely arrival next fall

jason jordan, the usa today writer who extensively covered randle's in home visits, just predicted on ksr radio station randle to kentucky...several wildcat sources have indicated randle is likely a silent commit to calilpari

go wildcats!

wiltjer (a one time cal recruit before the significant changes to the bears organization and recruiting timelines & relationships) finally saw the handwriting on the wall, 5-10 mpg max for next season as a wildcat, & is transferring to cold azz gonzaga in spokane, the paris of eastern washington

bb players have a limited potential professional shelf life...kyle's transfer yr sitting out is basically burning a finite number future income generating yr

sure hope it works out for wiltjer in europe down the road (his d skills are virtually non existent from a nba perspective) because a gonzaga degree (like a kentucky degree) is pretty worthless in today's highly complex & challenging workplace unless your goal is becoming the night manager at the spokane airport ramada inn

next up under coach cal's relentless recruiting of the best ballers (but not students, nerlens noel had a hs gpa well under 2.5) is marcus lee who will likely sit next to coach cal on the bench all next season playing behind cauley-stein, randle & johnson...the prediction here is 5-8 mpg next season for lee and then 7-11 mpg the following season when he is recruited over which will then necessitate a transfer to unlv

of course there is always the opportunity of competitive practices in kentucky vs actually playing bb in a real game for 32-37 mpg

wiltjer basically didn't fully comprehend that coach cal plays the tightest rotation in college basketball...he showcases his stars for 30+ mpg which improves their nba exposure...there is no need for kentucky to develop players, coach cal can always select the best hs players the next yr

big blue madness#
concordtom
Shocky1;842141401 said:

wiltjer basically didn't fully comprehend that coach cal plays the tightest rotation in college basketball...he showcases his stars for 30+ mpg which improves their nba exposure...there is no need for kentucky to develop players, coach cal can always select the best hs players the next yr

Sorry, shocky, but that's a bit like the kettle calling the pot black, as Monty has definitely overplayed his starters (to the point of exhaustion by season's end) and underplayed his bench (to the point where we've at times wondered what a guy might be able to do).

Monty manages his rotation to WIN now, not develop players, same as Calipari. The difference is that Calipari has actual playahs on his bench while Monty has had a collection of overreach recruits. Here's hoping that changes.

#Emerson=Wiltjer?
south bender
concordtom;842141409 said:

Sorry, shocky, but that's a bit like the kettle calling the pot black, as Monty has definitely overplayed his starters (to the point of exhaustion by season's end) and underplayed his bench (to the point where we've at times wondered what a guy might be able to do).

Monty manages his rotation to WIN now, not develop players, same as Calipari. The difference is that Calipari has actual playahs on his bench while Monty has had a collection of overreach recruits. Here's hoping that changes.

#Emerson=Wiltjer?

Ain't Monday morning quarterbacking great?

If Monty were only to heed the advice of his critics on this site, I am sure that his record while at Cal would be a whole lot better!

And who on Monty's bench should he have played more so as to strengthen his team(s)?

Shocky's point is that some really talented (for college ball, anyway) players can languish on Calipari's bench, serving as emergency insurance, whereas at Cal they would be playing major minutes. Is that really disputable?

Go Bears!
concordtom
south bender;842141421 said:

Ain't Monday morning quarterbacking great?

If Monty were only to heed the advice of his critics on this site, I am sure that his record while at Cal would be a whole lot better!

And who on Monty's bench should he have played more so as to strengthen his team(s)?

Shocky's point is that some really talented (for college ball, anyway) players can languish on Calipari's bench, serving as emergency insurance, whereas at Cal they would be playing major minutes. Is that really disputable?

Go Bears!

Get your criticism straight. I wasn't Monday Morning QB'ing. I was merely pointing out that if Shocky is going to criticize Calipari for running a tight rotation, then he should equally be willing to criticize Monty for the same thing.

I agree with you very much that some players that languish on Kentucky's bench could be stars elsewhere.

The picking apart of words here, and the arguing that goes with it, is really stupid sometimes. Sure, I agree, that the inferred interpretation of Shocky's statement was that Wiltjer would have been better off at Cal b/c he would have played more. Same as has been suggested could happen with Marcus Lee. But in this post of his above, he seems to say that Wiltjer's mistake was his failure to recognize that Coach Cal runs a short bench. Well, Monty also runs a short bench. That's all I'm pointing out.

I did not criticize Monty, nor suggest that he play other players to strengthen his team. Sheesh, SB!
petalumabear
The difference CT, which I see and agree with, is that coach Cal does it knowingly and Monty does it out of necessity. The point being that Wiltjer would have been better served to look into Gonzaga or Cal more deeply when he was being recruited initially. We can discuss recruiting as the reason why Monty is forced to play a short bench all you want but that isn't what the point is in this part of the thread.
south bender
concordtom;842141409 said:

Monty has definitely overplayed his starters (to the point of exhaustion by season's end) and underplayed his bench (to the point where we've at times wondered what a guy might be able to do).

CT, pardon me for reading this as criticism of Monty.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
my fashionista daughters shay & taylor and their gfs played for me tonight immortal technique's (cult classic "dance with the devil") "you never know"

song will break your heart...guaranteed

saddest love song of all time?

better wear shades#
summer breezes#
stu
Shocky1;842141517 said:

saddest love song of all time?

Love in Vain -- Robert Johnson (before even my time)
Shocky1
aloha

the california golden bears will be playing in the 2013 maui wowie invitational nov 25-27...all games will be played in the intimate oceanfront lahaina civic center (max cap is 2400 & that's only if erin andrews sits on oski's lap the whole game)

the bears 1st opponent on nov 25th will be arkansas who lost their 2 top scorers from last season's 19-13 team:

***bj young (so) 6'3", 180 lbs: 15.2 ppg, .449% fg%, 105 asts, 110 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)
***marshawn powell (jr) 6"7" 240 lbs: 14.5 ppg, .487 fg%, 174 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)
**hunter mickelson (5.4 ppg extremely distant cousin of the british open champ transfered to kansas)

young & powell will now join the ranks of college drop outs without a degree seeking a nba tryout or a limited (most leagues cap the number of americans per team) foreign contract...if these longshot deals don't work out, somebody has to bus tables in fayettville at shoneys

this means the leading returning scorers for the razorbacks will be coty clarke (7.6 ppg) & mardacus wade (6.5 ppg which means that true freshmen highly ranked bobby portis & moses kingsley along with houston transfer alandise harris will play key roles...the bears will hopefully exploit the arkansas inexperience

if the bears can maul the razorbacks, then they will meet in the 2nd round on nov 26th the winner of the syrcause/minnesota 1st round matchup, most likely the orangemen

syracuse lost 3 of their top 4 players from last season's fantastic 30-10 season:

***michael carter-williams (so) 6'6" 185 lbs: 11.9 ppg, .393 fg%, 292 asts, 195 boards in 1408 minutes (declared for the nba, 11th overall pick of the philly 76ers)
***brandon triche (sr) 6'4" 210 lbs: 13.6 ppg, .416%, 144 asts, 137 boards in 1351 minutes (signed by charlotte bobcats for nba summer league)
***james southerland (sr) 6'8" 215 lbs: 13.3 ppg, .450 fg%, 176 boards in 1003 minutes (signed by the philly 76ers for nba summer league)

note that mcw & triche accounted for 436 of the teams 563 asts...scoring could be a problem for the orangemen

legit nba 1st rounder prospect cj fair (14.5 ppg, 278 boards) is returning for his sr season & will be a supreme challenge for the bears bigs

if the ncaa levels sanctions for the documented use of street agents, boheim will be forced to "retire"

the championship game on nov 27th will feature likely either baylor (and future lakers starting pg, gary franklin jr) or gonzaga (a bunch of real pale guys with no tans) from the much less competitive lower bracket

for bears fans heading to the islands for a tropical holiday, make sure you go ziplining in lahaina & dine at hawaii's #1 ranked restaurant, mama's fish house (advance rez necessary)

for those bringing their sticks, the shockster's top 5 courses are as follows:

1) kapalua plantation, kapalua (maui): epic coore & crenshaw masterpiece, the best course in hawaii by a significant margin
2) nanea, kailua (kona): charles schwab private retreat downgraded for non walkable routing
3) wailua, wailua (kauai): municipal course along the coast, best value in hawaii
4) kukio, kailua (kona): high end fazio housing development
5) mauna kea, kohala coast (kona): old school classic rtj sr design

pretty big drop off then to hokulia, princeville and the challenge at manele

mahalo

black bikinis#
curfew checks#
biz trip to paradise#
HoopDreams
going make some noise

tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842141706 said:

aloha

the california golden bears will be playing in the 2013 maui wowie invitational nov 25-27...all games will be played in the intimate oceanfront lahaina civic center (max cap is 2400 & that's only if erin andrews sits on oski's lap the whole game)

the bears 1st opponent on nov 25th will be arkansas who lost their 2 top scorers from last season's 19-13 team:

***bj young (so) 6'3", 180 lbs: 15.2 ppg, .449% fg%, 105 asts, 110 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)
***marshawn powell (jr) 6"7" 240 lbs: 14.5 ppg, .487 fg%, 174 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)

young & powell will now join the ranks of college drop outs without a degree seeking a nba tryout or a limited (most leagues cap the number of americans per team) foreign contract...if these longshot deals don't work out, somebody has to bus tables in fayettville at shoneys

this means the leading returning scorers for the razorbacks will be coty clarke (7.6 ppg), mardacus wade (6.5 ppg) & hunter mickelson (extremely distant cousin of the british open champ, 5.4 ppg) which means that true freshmen highly ranked bobby portis & moses kingsley along with houston transfer alandise harris will play key roles...the bears will hopefully exploit the arkansas inexperience

if the bears can maul the razorbacks, then they will meet in the 2nd round on nov 26th the winner of the syrcause/minnesota 1st round matchup, most likely the orangemen

syracuse lost 3 of their top 4 players from last season's fantastic 30-10 season:

***michael carter-williams (so) 6'6" 185 lbs: 11.9 ppg, .393 fg%, 292 asts, 195 boards in 1408 minutes (declared for the nba, 11th overall pick of the philly 76ers)
***brandon triche (sr) 6'4" 210 lbs: 13.6 ppg, .416%, 144 asts, 137 boards in 1351 minutes (signed by charlotte bobcats for nba summer league)
***james southerland (sr) 6'8" 215 lbs: 13.3 ppg, .450 fg%, 176 boards in 1003 minutes (signed by the philly 76ers for nba summer league)

note that mcw & triche accounted for 436 of the teams 563 asts...scoring could be a problem for the orangemen

legit nba 1st rounder prospect cj fair (14.5 ppg, 278 boards) is returning for his sr season & will be a supreme challenge for the bears bigs

if the ncaa levels sanctions for the documented use of street agents, boheim will be forced to "retire"

the championship game on nov 27th will feature likely either baylor (and future lakers starting pg, gary franklin jr) or gonzaga (a bunch of real pale guys with no tans) from the much less competitive lower bracket

for bears fans heading to the islands for a tropical holiday, make sure you go ziplining in lahaina & dine at hawaii's #1 ranked restaurant, mama's fish house (advance rez necessary)

for those bringing their sticks, the shockster's top 5 courses are as follows:

1) kapalua plantation, kapalua (maui): epic coore & crenshaw masterpiece, the best course in hawaii by a significant margin
2) nanea, kailua (kona): charles schwab private retreat downgraded for non walkable routing
3) wailua, wailua (kauai): municipal course along the coast, best value in hawaii
4) kukio, kailua (kona): high end fazio housing development
5) mauna kea, kohala coast (kona): old school classic rtj sr design

pretty big drop off then to hokulia, princeville and the challenge at manele

mahalo

black bikinis#
curfew checks#
biz trip to paradise#

Mickelson transferred to Kansas.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842135455 said:

welcome to cal's 2013 summer bridge program jabari bird, jordan mathews, sam singer & kameron rooks...roger moute a bidias is workng to resolve a visa issue with his native cameroon & is expected to hopefully join the team in the near future

the intent of the summer bridge program (june 28-aug 9) is to facilitate the bears incoming freshmen's transition to college life in berkeley...bridge staff is composed of professors, academic counselors along with advisors

while jb (3.0+ gpa), jm (3.55 gpa), ss (3.4 gpa) & kr (3.5 gpa) are all already very strong students in the classroom, the 2013 summer bridge program is yet another example of the cal bb program working to ensure the longterm academic & athletic success of the bears true student athletes

plus the boyz get to hang at top dog (watch it, kameron) & start developing lifelong friendships/team chemistry

summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

welcome roger moute a bidias on his recent arrival to berkeley

the 2013 monster class is now together

:gobears:

the boyz are back in town#
summer breezes#
puget sound cal fan
It will be fun to watch this class develop and win together.
Shocky1
petalumabear;842141466 said:

The difference CT, which I see and agree with, is that coach Cal does it knowingly and Monty does it out of necessity. The point being that Wiltjer would have been better served to look into Gonzaga or Cal more deeply when he was being recruited initially. We can discuss recruiting as the reason why Monty is forced to play a short bench all you want but that isn't what the point is in this part of the thread.

100% agreed

the biggest losers in the kw transfer to gonzaga are oregon & washington as both teams lack impact players at the 4 for the 2014 & 2015 seasons at this time

kind of like the aaron gordon sweepstakes, just on a smaller scale...

50 year decision#
puget sound cal fan
That' really a shame, isn't it.
calumnus
HoopDreams;842141731 said:

going make some noise

The relative heights appear different than advertised.
south bender
calumnus;842142095 said:

The relative heights appear different than advertised.

Without seeing their whole bodies, without a clearer photo with perspective, hard to make much of where the tops of their heads are.

Go Bears!
stu
They look about right to me. I'm pleased that Moute a Bidias looks thicker than I had expected.
puget sound cal fan
At a stout 7'0", Rooks is going to find himself guarded by players not as tall/big as he. As Monty develops his skills, Kameron will be able to attack the defense in more and different ways, as well as find teammates who are open. You can't coach tall as Bill Russell once said.
puget sound cal fan
Sami will be able to watch Cal play in-person, too, which, will hopefully, get him pumped about joining the Bears, himself.
concernedparent
stu;842142151 said:

They look about right to me. I'm pleased that Moute a Bidias looks thicker than I had expected.

He looks thicker than expected? Were you expecting him to
look like Kravish or something? I hope the perspective of the pic is off or something because Roger looks barely bigger than our PG prospect. Bird looks huge in comparison.
smokeyrover
There appears to be some distortion towards the edges as the heads of Jordan Mathews and Jabari Bird look rather large in comparison to the middle three.

Don't think it's accurate to deduce their relative heights from the pic.
ayetee11
smokeyrover;842142306 said:

There appears to be some distortion towards the edges as the heads of Jordan Mathews and Jabari Bird look rather large in comparison to the middle three.

Don't think it's accurate to deduce their relative heights from the pic.

Hope so because Roger looks tiny
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842141731 said:

going make some noise

thx to hoop dreams for posting this foto...good looking crew, kudos to their moms

100% agreed that roger moute a bidias is gonna be scott thom's prize s&c project

john montgomery told me "they have great chemistry!"...i really don't know the exact heights but i'd say sam is close to 6'4", jordan is probably a little shorter so around 6'3", jabari and roger are around 6'6" and kameron is 7'1...roger's wingspan is really long...i'd compare to him to like an andre roberson type player"

the grind#
summer breezes#
stu
My mistake -- I got Bird and Moute a Bidias confused. Roger is just a bit farther from the camera than the others, but looks little anyway.
calumnus
ayetee11;842142313 said:

Hope so because Roger looks tiny

Yeah, at least from this photo he certainly doesn't look any bigger than the three guards, with Jabari Bird appearing to be the second tallest (and second thickest).

Oh well, hopefully he continues to grow as he develops his game.
Shocky1
stu;842142422 said:

My mistake -- I got Bird and Moute a Bidias confused. Roger is just a bit farther from the camera than the others, but looks little anyway.

left to right: jordan, roger, kameron, sam, jabari

with roger's older bro luc richard (6'8" 230 lbs of kryptonite muscle) nearby playing for the sacramento kings, there's no doubt he will receive the necessary mentoring to develop & maximize his potential

imo roger may decide in a few months that it is in his best interests to blueshirt from both a physical & an academic standpoint

the grind#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842133696 said:

shockster plan: raise $ for the men's & women's bb programs while connecting former players and serving as an effective recruiting showcase

date: friday september 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm...this is the key 2014 bb official visit weekend with amhaad rorie confirmed in conjunction with crazee azz energy from the epic ohio state game at memorial on the 14th

tv: pac 12 network

attendance goal: 10,000+

tickets: $1000 donation for all floor seats (also would include 2 passes to players & coaches reception before the game in the skybox at memorial)...$50 for all seat backs...all other seats $10...all cal students + kids under 18 free...anybody dressed like a golden bear and/or hippie also free...$10,000 donation to serve as a game coach (the shockster would gladly pay for the opportunity to diagram an inbounds play for jason kidd to leon powe)

player invitations: every player including walk ons who has ever suited up for the bears & their families (all free tickets)

game announcer: roxy with color from wheels

master of ceremonies: rod benson with live gametime interviews by lindsey brauner

eye candy: every female cal student who has appeared in a playboy girls of the pac 12 (10) issue should be invited to sit behind the two team benches*

crowd noysz: entire cal football team in game jerseys behind each basket with shout outs lead by kate scott & ken montgomery

national anthem: adam duritz with the cal band

pre game introductions: 1959 cal national championship basketball team

wal mart greeters: oski shakes hands with every kid who enters haas while sonny dykes & sandy barbour greet adults at the front doors of haas

half time activity: 10 minute women's basketball alumni game coached by lindsey gottlieb & charmin smith

coaches:

***mike montgomery with travis decuire, ben braun & gregg gottlieb

***justin labagh with lou campanelli, todd bozeman (he could hand out $100 monopoly bills) & dick kuchen

recruit invitations:
2014-amhaad rorie, sami eleraky, idrissa diallo, thomas welsh, evan fitzner, malik pope & tory miller
2015-ivan rabb, isiah thomas, cameron walker, bennie boatwright, dejounte murray, chimezie metu, alex illikainen, chris egi, max hazzard & henry welsh
2016-oscar frayer, justin simon & jonah mathews
2017-jayleen nowell (cal lock as reported by john foletta...buy a subscription & get the details)

starting line ups:

jason kidd, lamond murray, alan crabbe, shareef abdur rahim, devon hardin

kevin johnson, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe

game highlights:

***jason kidd to share/mentor with ivan rabb why after being the best hs player in the usa he decided to play his college ball locally in front of his mom & dad, family & friends at the #1 ranked public university in the world before moving on to make $200+m in nba earnings
***carl bird shooting silky smooth fts to show son jabari how it's done
***jerome randle, ryan drew, sir richard midgley & michael chavez shooting long range aerials from pluto to inspire amhaad rorie
***mark mcnamara demonstrating for kameron rooks that you can avg 20 ppg if you know how to correctly seal & finish even if you can't jump over a phone book
***al grigsby, yogi stewart, leonard taylor, brian hendricks, jamal boykin, matt beeuwsaert, michael pitts & david butler relentlessly pounding the boards for put backs
***sean lampley, theo robertson, ed gray, joe shipp, brian wethers, patrick christopher, larry friend, roy fisher, ryan forehan-kelly, darall imhoff, russ critchfield & doug true creating their own shots while jordan mathews & sam singer take notes
***gene ransom, chris washington, butch hays, keith smith, phil chenier, charles johnson, aj diggs, prentice mcgruder & ayinde ubaka dishing out dimes
***ryan anderson demonstrating for evan fitzner how to impact the game as a long range shooting stretch 4
***sean marks, amit tamir, francisco elson & harmut ortmann showcasing cal's international diversity for sami eleraky

*the shockster's 1st gf at cal later appeared in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue...my current 1st wife mrs shockster likes to tell people that when she first met me that i had a copy of that magazine on my coffee table as a "converstation piece"...very classy

any suggestions?

summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world[/QUOTE

:woohoo
calumnus
Shocky1;842142622 said:

Shocky1;842133696 said:

shockster plan: raise $ for the men's & women's bb programs while connecting former players and serving as an effective recruiting showcase

date: friday september 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm...this is the key 2014 bb official visit weekend with amhaad rorie confirmed in conjunction with crazee azz energy from the epic ohio state game at memorial on the 14th

tv: pac 12 network

attendance goal: 10,000+

tickets: $1000 donation for all floor seats (also would include 2 passes to players & coaches reception before the game in the skybox at memorial)...$50 for all seat backs...all other seats $10...all cal students + kids under 18 free...anybody dressed like a golden bear and/or hippie also free...$10,000 donation to serve as a game coach (the shockster would gladly pay for the opportunity to diagram an inbounds play for jason kidd to leon powe)

player invitations: every player including walk ons who has ever suited up for the bears & their families (all free tickets)

game announcer: roxy with color from wheels

master of ceremonies: rod benson

eye candy: every female cal student who has appeared in a playboy girls of the pac 12 (10) issue should be invited to sit behind the two team benches*

crowd noysz: entire cal football team in game jerseys behind each basket with shout outs lead by kate scott & ken montgomery

national anthem: adam duritz with the cal band

pre game introductions: 1959 cal national championship basketball team

wal mart greeters: oski shakes hands with every kid who enters haas while sonny dykes & sandy barbour greet adults at the front doors of haas

half time activity: 10 minute women's basketball alumni game coached by lindsey gottlieb & charmin smith

coaches:

***mike montgomery with travis decuire, ben braun & gregg gottlieb

***justin labagh with lou campanelli, todd bozeman (he could hand out $100 monopoly bills) & dick kuchen

recruit invitations:
2014-amhaad rorie, sami eleraky, idrissa diallo, thomas welsh, evan fitzner, malik pope & tory miller
2015-ivan rabb, isiah thomas, cameron walker, bennie boatwright, dejounte murray, chimezie metu, alex illikainen, chris egi, max hazzard & henry welsh
2016-oscar frayer, justin simon & jonah mathews
2017-jayleen nowell (cal lock as reported by john foletta...buy a subscription & get the details)

starting line ups:

jason kidd, lamond murray, alan crabbe, shareef abdur rahim, devon hardin

kevin johnson, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe

game highlights:

***jason kidd to share/mentor with ivan rabb why after being the best hs player in the usa he decided to play his college ball locally in front of his mom & dad, family & friends at the #1 ranked public university in the world before moving on to make $200+m in nba earnings
***carl bird shooting silky smooth fts to show son jabari how it's done
***jerome randle, ryan drew, sir richard midgley & michael chavez shooting long range aerials from pluto to inspire amhaad rorie
***mark mcnamara demonstrating for kameron rooks that you can avg 20 ppg if you know how to correctly seal & finish even if you can't jump over a phone book
***al grigsby, yogi stewart, leonard taylor, brian hendricks, jamal boykin, matt beeuwsaert, michael pitts & david butler relentlessly pounding the boards for put backs
***sean lampley, theo robertson, ed gray, joe shipp, brian wethers, patrick christopher, larry friend, roy fisher, ryan forehan-kelly, darall imhoff, russ critchfield & doug true creating their own shots while jordan mathews & sam singer take notes
***gene ransom, chris washington, butch hays, keith smith, phil chenier, charles johnson, aj diggs, prentice mcgruder & ayinde ubaka dishing out dimes
***ryan anderson demonstrating for evan fitzner how to impact the game as a long range shooting stretch 4
***sean marks, amit tamir, francisco elson & harmut ortmann showcasing cal's international diversity for sami eleraky

*the shockster's 1st gf at cal later appeared in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue...my current 1st wife mrs shockster likes to tell people that when she first met me that i had a copy of that magazine on my coffee table as a "converstation piece"...very classy

any suggestions?

summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world[/QUOTE

:woohoo

Nice. Other "international diversity" players: Max Zhang, Jorge Guttierez, Bak Bak, Nikola Knezevic, Saulius Kazminskas...
Shocky1
Shocky1;842130601 said:

name: evan fitzner

class: 2014

gpa: 3.0+ (at an academically challenging hs)

height: 6'9"

weight: 210 lbs

position: stretch 4 with a perimeter game

hs: francis parker lancers (san diego)

hs coach: jim tomey

aau: double pump

cal unofficial: tbd

cal official: tbd

cal connection: played with garrett galvin in middle school

family: dad mark 6'8" played bb at stanford 1974-1978
mom cheri 6'1" setter at hawaii & pro beach vb player
bro bryce 6'8" bb, fb & vb 3 sport star
sis emily 5'8" 13 yr old setter w/upside

college leaders: cal (offer)
stanford (unofficial june 15th)
ucla (recruited by steve alford @new mexico)
colorado (offer)
oregon state (offer)

fitzner quotes: "he (mr cranky pants) doesn't sugar coat anything and i appreciate that...he's been around the game for a long time so i'm just happy to learn from him...he said he thought i did some good stuff as far as rebounding and blocking shots but we both agreed that i didn't shoot the ball really well...or at least as well as i'm capable"

shockster overview: with his elite ball handling & shooting skills for a big man (check out his video), fitzner more than any other 2014 prospect on the west coast needs to select the right program that will showcase his unique skills set...under the right coach, evan could potentially be the next ryan anderson...under the wrong coach, evan could be the next brendan lane

evan & his family are very academically focused...if he is offered by dawkins (who will likely be fired after 2014) & his 3.0+ gpa clears stanford admissions, his dad's alma mater might be the leader...cal offers the best combination of elite academics & a stable coaching staff that will best showcase evan's talents

fitzner canceled his late june unofficial visit to cal

boats against the current#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842132153 said:

name: idrissa diallo

class: 2014

gpa: 3.2 (3.7 last semester)

height: 6'11"

weight: 230 lbs

position: 4 (could slide to 5)

nation of origin: senegal

hs: cathedral (los angeles)

hs coach: william middlebrooks

aau team: compton magic

cal unofficial: june 20, 2013

cal official: september 14-15, 2013 (ohio state fb game weekend) invitation along w/amhaad rorie

cal connections:
1) coach/mentor william middlebrooks has a longtime relationship with alan crabbe & family
2) 2014 facilitator/distributor/mcdonalds all american candidate & monster class leader amhaad rorie played with diallo in virginia...idrissa on rorie: "it's great playing with him...he's a good passer and i want someone (at pg) who is willing to share the ball and get it to me where i like it"

family: sportsman father played soccer, vb & bb...stands 6'3"
mom 5'10"
sisters in senegal (idrissa is very concerned about their futures in africa)
grandfather 6'11"

college leaders: cal (offer)
ucla (offer)
usc (offer)
colorado (offer)

weather preference: diallo, like the shockster, is a warm weather kind of guy

diallo quotes: "we (monty) talk and he seems to be a great coach...he seems to be great, great, great guy...he told me a lot about how he values relationships with his players...that's one of the things i want to see among the colleges, a coach with whom i can feel comfortable...after we talked, i got an idea of the kind of person and the kind of coach he is and how he treats his players...he also told me about the way that they play and it's a good fit for me...i can see myself playing for him"

diallo also speaks highly of relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb

shockster opinion: diallo reminds me of devon hardin at the same stage in his career when he left newark memorial for cal & eventually developed into the 50th overall nba draft pick of the seattle supersonics

idy is the most physically gifted big man on the west coast for 2014 but with limited experience and does not yet seal & finish (prefers low % fade aways)...he runs the floor well, blocks shots 2 feet over the rim and does not shy away from inside banging in the paint

the diallo recruitment may boil down to which college bb program will best feature & develop his post game skill set & what school's pg will share the ball with idrissa

diallo intends to officially visit cal (hopefully for the ohio state fb weekend with buddy amhaad rorie), ucla & usc
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.