cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,359 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842228950 said:

team curfew#

the cal monster class & om (original monsters) are flying to maui today

mr cranky pants has advised that the team's only beach time may be sunday after the bears practice...the team will then return to the bay area next thursday

be assured that if the shockster was the cal hc that the downtime would read like the script from hangover part 4: mayhem in maui (with a special guest appearance by new buddy, potus) & that bears would be the 1st team in the history of the maui invitational to lose 4 games & that jeff powers would likely never be heard from again

wolfpack#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842229903 said:

late breaking news from the cal idrissa diallo signing press release: iddy apparently attended the "middlebrooks academy" last year

uh, there is no middlebrooks academy at this time

diallo's mentor/coach is william middlebrooks

iddy followed him from the ribet academy to cathedral hs...both are in la

good thing that we can always count on the cal athletics media department to set the record straight...i actually thought that idrissa was being home schooled at the playboy mansion (heard that iddy liked all his "teachers" there, well maybe not the one on the far right so much)

tmz#

the cal athletics media department has amended the idrissa diallo signing press release from stating iddy's prior school being the "middlebrooks academy" to the correct ribet academy

kal is grate#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842230234 said:

J Bird stays local, allowing his family and friends to enjoy his college journey

Here's his parents watching their son...

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"]Represent the Bay[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

tonya & carl bird sharing their son's college experience at haas

"this is jabari's time...he's still developing, getting those man muscles going, getting some weight training...i've seen it already...he's put on about 10 pounds of muscle since high school...it will be nice watching him develop with mike and his staff...he'll be in good hands"

-jb's dad carl bird

cal family#
bay area's finest#
it was a dark and stormy night#

Shocky1
[HoopDreams;842224941 said:

potential all american facilitator/distributor/scorer scored 17 pts as the #1 ranked montverde academy (2-0) exorcised the norcross (georgia) blue devils

go eagles#
cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842222100 said:

it is fascinating & gratifying to see our golden bear recruits & players make signficant strides in their personal growth with the mentoring of our honest & high character cal coaching staff

ahmaad rorie used to have a twitter account until nov of 2010 that reflected a somewhat lost street kid with a lack of focus

enter travis decuire who has coached up ahmaad rorie in many ways that extend far beyond basketball...according to john foletta's interview with ahmaad, ar & td speak literally EVERY day...rorie's current twitter account reflects that maturity & appreciation for his unlimited opportuntites

td is building a potential guard recruiting pipeline to the seattle area:

*****ahmaad rorie (2014), tacoma
*****dejounte murray (2015), rainier beach
*****isiah brown (2016), lakeside
*****jaylen nowell (2017), garfield

there is growing support among the bears donor community & cal athletic dept that someday travis decuire will be the next bb coach at the university of california, berkeley

but make no mistake about it, we are loving every minute & season that monty coaches our golden bears

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the 206 & 253)

decuire's b-day on nov 21st, a couple of bears wins (and no late night bail bond meetings for night club hero jeff powers) in maui would probably be an excellent b-day present from the team

happy b-day, travis

cal family#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842228865 said:

[SIZE="5"]enter Idrissa Diallo![/SIZE]

The Monster Class, just got more Monster

"its 5 in the morning...im in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate and talking to my host mom about life (mostly girls) hahaha!!"

-idrissa diallo
Shocky1

kyle boller was the california state player of the year at hart hs before becoming a 4 yr starter at qb for the california golden bears

boller was a 1st round draft choice (19th pick overall) in the nfl draft & had nfl earning of $15+m

kyle (who had previously dated skanky tara reid from american pie movies) then married miss california, carrie prejean...while boller's wife may have some goofy social views, she's totally hot

cal degree=opens doors in life with the girl of your dreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842230312 said:

mr cranky pants has advised that the team's only beach time may be sunday after the bears practice...the team will then return to the bay area next thursday

be assured that if the shockster was the cal hc that the downtime would read like the script from hangover part 4: mayhem in maui (with a special guest appearance by new buddy, potus) & that bears would be the 1st team in the history of the maui invitational to lose 4 games & that jeff powers would likely never be heard from again

wolfpack#

if you watch & listen carefully to night club hero jeff powers "official" 1st day maui recap, you can see & hear the 3 tan party girls from melbourne with short black dresses & italian cfm pumps telling telling jp to hurry up so they can all go clubbing...

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&SPID=126528&SPSID=749497&DB_OEM_ID=30100
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842230234 said:

J Bird stays local, allowing his family and friends to enjoy his college journey

Here's his parents watching their son...

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"]Represent the Bay[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

*****ivan rabb (2015)
*****cameron oliver (2014)
*****marquese chriss (2015)
*****isiah thomas (2015)
*****oscar frayer (2016)
*****solomon young (2016)
*****christian terrell (2016)
*****damari milstead (2017)

can you visualize your family, friends, coaches, mentors & teammates watching you with a smile on their faces while attending all of your homes games at haas?

and most importantly, can you imagine hugging your mom after every game & telling her that you love her? (real talk, our parents are not going to live forever & we must cherish our time with them)

cal family#
50 yr decision#
sacramento is bear territory#
bay area's finest#

the university of caifornia, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including nor cal)
HoopDreams
The Monster Class in Maul
hope they don't get eaten by sharks!

MilleniaBear
Is it just me or is Shocky drifting into TheRise speak? I'm starting to worry about him.
OdontoBear66
MilleniaBear;842232539 said:

Is it just me or is Shocky drifting into TheRise speak? I'm starting to worry about him.

Worry not about Shocky. Just let him do his thing, and enjoy. His thread is the best ever in BB. Let it roll.
south bender
MilleniaBear;842232539 said:

Shocky has always drifted in his own current.

How far from shore is he?

It depends what shore you or I are on.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
that would be the consummate team player david kravish with a 4.1 gpa@lee's summit north hs & future med school candidate

doc kravish resourcefully foraged the woods of arkansas for a career high 19 pts (on a highly efficient 8-12 fgs, 1-1 3 pter & 2-2 fts), a relentless 15 boards along with 3 rejections & ZERO turnovers

david kravish=true student athlete

the grind#
unbreakable#
what not to wear#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including missouri & maui)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842230312 said:

wolfpack#

if you watch and listen carefully to now unshaven night club hero jeff powers, you can see where he unsuccessfully tried to get rid of the hot pink lipstick smudges off his neck & you can faintly hear a monkey laughing in the background...does it also look like jp's missing a tooth?

"getting rest," my azz

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209323488
Shocky1
Shocky1;842121247 said:

shout out to the golden achievement bb winner (highest gpa on the team) & future driver of a lamborghinni lp 570-4 superleggra edizionne tecnica in 10 years david kravish at today's annual academic honors luncheon at haas pavillion

the shockster watches "what not to wear" with his fashionista daughters shay & taylor and it must be reported that dk's regrettable decision to wear clashing black slacks with a black shirt accessoried by a black tie with green snowmen on it (which looks like a xmas present from aunt mildred) will NOT help him with the ladies...

just sayin'

dress sharp#
work hard die last#

wonder what aunt mildred is gonna get david for xmas this year...

hopefully a subscription to gq
HoopDreams
adding another shooter next year
sweet jumper

OldBlue1999
After securing the coveted Roxy Bernstein post game interview with his outstanding play yesterday, Kravish informed the Roxstar that his girlfriend attends the University of Arkansas and would be receiving the first call he makes off the islands to gloat. Roxy failed to ask crucial follow up questions regarding her opinions on black-on-black, snowman ties, and Aunt Mildred's tuna casserole.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842233506 said:

that would be the consummate team player david kravish with a 4.1 gpa@lee's summit north hs & future med school candidate

doc kravish resourcefully foraged the woods of arkansas for a career high 19 pts (on a highly efficient 8-12 fgs, 1-1 3 pter & 2-2 fts), a relentless 15 boards along with 3 rejections & ZERO turnovers

david kravish=true student athlete

the grind#
unbreakable#
what not to wear#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including missouri & maui)

kravish is majoring in integrative biology & was named to the pac 12 all academic team last season

dk=not a dumb azz

when you see david kravish, u c berkeley

cal family#
Shocky1
OldBlue1999;842233658 said:

After securing the coveted Roxy Bernstein post game interview with his outstanding play yesterday, Kravish informed the Roxstar that his girlfriend attends the University of Arkansas and would be receiving the first call he makes off the islands to gloat. Roxy failed to ask crucial follow up questions regarding her opinions on black-on-black, snowman ties, and Aunt Mildred's tuna casserole.

does kravish's gf have a zebra leg?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842233729 said:

kravish is majoring in integrative biology & was named to the pac 12 all academic team last season

dk=not a dumb azz

when you see david kravish, u c berkeley

cal family#

alex illikainen of grand rapids minnesota (not michigan) is a fiercely competitive (sound familiar?) 6'9" 210 lbs 2015 big man with a 3.5 gpa...alex is aware of cal's reputation as the #1 public university in the world

gregg gottlieb offered illikainen this july to go along with his more than dozen offers including midwest powers minnesota, creighton & nebraska

alex has 3 ice hockey playing sisters with 2 playing collegiately at dartmouth & providence so there's a family track record of going away for better academic opportunities

the key in the bears recruitment will the coordination of an unofficial visit for the illikainen's family to the san francisco bay area

and maybe meet alex's older brother, david kravish...

deja vu all over again=bear territory

cal family#
minnesota winters are cold azz#
minnesota summers are nasty humid with mosquitos#
california dreamin'#

HoopDreams
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim on Cal's Jabari Bird, who had 17 points: "Bird is one of the better freshmen composure-wise that I've seen."

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842234650 said:

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim on Cal's Jabari Bird, who had 17 points: "Bird is one of the better freshmen composure-wise that I've seen."

j bird helped spearhead the offensive surge against a swarming syracuse d with 17 pts on 6-12 fgs including 2-5 3 pters & 3-4 fts, along with 7 boards, 2 assists & only one turnover

but jb's mental lapses in losing his man on a backcut to the basket, not blocking out his player which resulted in a thunder dunk, and then lazy inbound pass to t-wall led to the syracuse haleakala volcanic eruption to bury the bears in lava flow

freshman all american jabari bird needs to play like a fiery king kamehameha on both ends of the court

concordtom
Shocky1;842234695 said:

but jb's mental lapses in losing his man on a backcut to the basket, not blocking out his player which resulted in a thunder dunk, and then lazy inbound pass to t-wall led to the syracuse haleakala volcanic eruption to bury the bears in lava flow

I can hear MM's voice: "He's a freshman. He'll get screened."
Shocky1

the bears were no match for the mentally tougher & physically stronger dayton flyers without ray charles

justin cobbs=31 pts=man of steel

the only person in north america who is slower than jb (he is literally the last guy back on d transition every play, next film session is gonna be interesting) is cee lo green

aloha

cal family#
monster learning experience#
mamas fish house#

Shocky1

the most amazing story in cal bb history is perhaps the unbreakable mental toughness of leon powe

growing up in oakalnd, leon and his 6 brothers & sisters & mom connie were often homeless living in shelters, cheap hotels and even abandoned cars

powe became a mcdonalds all american at oakland tech thx to his mentors bernard ward & jonas zuckerman, an all pac 10 1st teamer at cal, a 1st round draft choice of the boston celtics, almost $4m in nba earnings, and has passionately given back & touched lives in oakland

check out this lifestory video re: the kings of leon:

rip: connie landry

50 yr friendships#
concordtom
Shocky1;842235154 said:

I have to say, this is a funny photo, not necessarily because he is wearing a stupid Adidas warmup suit with matching flip flops but because his entourage behind him is wearing the same. What is it? The groupie uniform? What a bunch of idiots. Thanks for the laugh.
concordtom
Shocky1;842235287 said:

50 yr friendships#

Remind me, who was the benchwarmer who scored on this play? Panawek dunk? Other?
Civil Bear
Tamir

j/k
HoopDreams
that is a great photo
yeah, I'm sure it was a walk on making a big play
thx for posting

concordtom;842235393 said:

Remind me, who was the benchwarmer who scored on this play? Panawek dunk? Other?
stu
Wrong era, but I remember the entire gym going nuts when little KJ Roberts did a windmill dunk on a breakaway.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842226103 said:

that would be potential all american guard brittany boyd who led the bears last season to the final four in new orleans

brittany enjoys playing in front of her family (berkeley hs grad) & is the most competitive bb player to wear the golden bears uniform...bb plays her heart out every game with an emotional passion that is both her gift & her curse (less so this yr for the jr)

in speaking with brittany after games in the hallways of haas, she is both articulate & genuinely engaging (particularly to adoring young girls)...to say her fantastic smile is infectious would be an understatement

cal's heavily invested wbb hc lindsey gottlieb says it best, "she was born to be on a basketball court"

if you have never seen in person a cal women's basketball game, you are truly missing something special...watching boyd play at warp speed is like watching a comet descend upon earth

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

cal women's hc lindsey gottlieb (gregg gottlieb's spiritual sister) also recruited a 2013 monster class to berkeley

courtney range from manteca & st mary hs has the potential to be an all american...she has all the skills & length to dominate a game like a 3rd ogwumike sister

hind ben abdelkader from brussels plays like a young layshia

mercedes jefflo (love that name) from centennial senior (compton) is already starting & plays like a relentless jorge with her hair flying

kc waters from bod will dominate in the paint with continued s&c work

cal family#
this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
j is now married to porschia coleman kidd

cal experience=opens doors with the girl of your dreams (ok, maybe there was a mulligan involved here, so what)

Shocky1
Shocky1;842194785 said:

:gobears:

"when i think about stopping, i also think of how my mother hasn't stopped"

one love#
unbreakable#

"never disprespect yo mama"

-ahmaad rorie
Shocky1
Shocky1;842229231 said:

dana altman to cameron oliver:

"hey cameron, glad you could make it up here on your official visit...good to see you" (wtf did you bring your dad along?...i was hoping you would come alone, maybe fire up a few blunts with our football team, chill a bit and maybe commit this weekend)

"great to see you too mr oliver" (why don't you get lost and let me spend some time with your boy alone...i could really use a drink and a xanax)

"there's no doubt you will start for us next season" (unless i can get another dumb azz 5th year senior to transfer to this crappy town...better call my agent after these guys leave, i gotta go somewhere warmer)

"cameron, there are a lot of benefits of playing for the ducks" (like those shoes, just don't be stoopid about it when you sell them like artis...man, i need a drink about now)

"i make it a point to support my players both on and off the court" (when wake forest's 6'10" 260 lbs tony woods beat the crap out of his live in girlfriend causing her spinal damage, i was the first head coach to tell him i had a spot on my roster)

"we are very selective regarding the type of players we recruit" (hey, i asked tony, are you gonna beatdown any more dumb bitches if they **** you off and he said no...there you go)

"while our 90+% admittance rate and junior college level academics haven't been understandably respected in the past, oregon is making great strides on a go forward basis" (oregon just passed the el paso school of bartending in the national college rankings)

"several of our former players have moved into management at their companies" (our last guy is now the night shift supervisor at a truck stop in medford)

"cameron, to be honest with you, i'm not sure cal is the right fit for you" (i think you are too stoopid to graduate from berkeley)

"eugene is a special place" (if you are a goddamn eskimo, my balls are literally freezing...better call my agent, maybe florida state will open up...i could really use a drink and a xanax)

"please feel free to call me directly if you have any other questions" (and leave your dumb azz dad out of this, this is between you and me...all of these academic and school crap questions are really starting to **** me off...you are a basketball player, knock if off...just one quick drink, that's all i ask, is that asking for too much?)

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

cameron oliver scored 25 pts in the grant hs opening day thrashing of natomas 91-61...vei "tiny" moala & puka lopa dnp for the pacers

cal family#
homework matters#

First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.