cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,088 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Off da' Heezy Marsheezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Madison - google image their basketball court
Vandalus
Off da' Heezy Marsheezy;842259487 said:

Boom. We have a winner.
Shocky1
Off da' Heezy Marsheezy;842259487 said:

james madison is the correct answer...there was a clue a while ago that they "weren't acting very presidential"

you have 3 prize options:

option 1:
round of golf with the shockster during spring break 2014 at royal melbroune with the shockster...as one of the foremost golf architecture raters in the world, the club is extending the courtesy of the composite (12 holes from the west & 6 holes from the east courses) course that is usually only played during president's cup or the australian open

kangaroos are a big part of the adventure to the land down under in oz

option 2:
round of golf with the shockster the on july 7th of this year at the very private morfontaine (the best course in continental europe) in the suburbs of paris

includes breakfast at le cinq with my family at the geroge v, my favorite hotel in the world which is within walking distance of the champs-elysees, arc de triomphe & eiffel tower

option 3:
cal golf cap signed by yoga girl or a yoga class at my studio...you will not be disappointed

OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842259727 said:

james madison is the correct answer...there was a clue a while ago that they "weren't acting very presidential"

I wonder who authored such a clever and insightful clue? Must be dashingly handsome, engagingly witty and seductively mysterious. Too bad we'll never know...
Shocky1
OldBlue1999;842259755 said:

I wonder who authored such a clever and insightful clue? Must be dashingly handsome, engagingly witty and seductively mysterious. Too bad we'll never know...

right on, man...power to the people...war, what is it good for? absolutely nothing

peace
Aussie Bear
Shocky1;842259727 said:

you have 3 prize options:

option 1:
round of golf with the shockster during spring break 2014 at royal melbroune with the shockster...as one of the foremost golf architectural raters in the world, the club is extending the courtesy of the composite (12 holes from the west & 6 holes from the east courses) course that is usually only played during president's cup or the australian open

kangaroos are a big part of the adventure to the land down under in oz
]

never yet seen roos at RM though shocky! Lorne, OTOH...
Shocky1
Aussie Bear;842259835 said:

never yet seen roos at RM though shocky! Lorne, OTOH...

g'day mate, would definitely recommend a visit to stunning lorne on any walkabout particularly if you are a greenie

last time i visited oz i was travling solo (my current 1st wife kat flew home from bali while I took the red eye to sydney) & maybe had a bit of grog on the flight & was feeling knickered upon arrival, just needed some brekkie & a visit to the dunny

so this definitely not bludger shelia at australian passport control starts questioning why i'm only going to be visiting her country for less than 24 hrs while traveling internationally...she thinks i'm either a 1) drug dealer or 2) arms trafficker 3) maybe both

so i tell her i'm on holiday & intend to play golf...she flat out tells me that nobody visits oz for 1 round of golf & takes me to the back room where the managing bloke makes me repeat my story

the bloke gives me a squiz & asks me what course i'm going to play...i tell him "ellerston"...he tells me he plays golf & he's never heard of ellerston...he asks me where it is, i tell him i have a 4-5 hr drive thru the bush in north south wales

i give them a drum, never whinge, showing them my worldwide golf rating credentials & explain that ellerston is the private residence golf course of the kerry packer family (the richest family in australia) & that they are going to be disappointed if i don't arrive

when i show them the email with the invitation from one of the packer family members, they start apologizing profusely & wishing me a safe walkabout

upon arrival at ellerston, the security gate personnel had me sign a non disclosure statement & searched both me & my rental car

ellerston is situated on thousands of acres & is the packard family's private retreat in the wine country (family members travel by helicopter) with more than a dozen impeccably groomed polo fields on site...it reminds me of mayacama from an ambiance standpoint

ellerston is visually arresting & is greg norman's finest work...unfortunately, with less than 400 rounds a year (the only way to play the course is to be personally invited by a family member), it is the finest secret in golf...as a ratings panelist for both golf magazine & golf digest, it would make the world top 100 lists for both publications but not enough panelists have been allowed to visit

hooroo

midnight oil#
BeggarEd
Shocky1;842259889 said:

g'day mate, would definitely recommend a visit to stunning lorne on any walkabout particularly if you are a greenie

last time i visited oz i was travling solo (my current 1st wife kat flew home from bali while I took the red eye to sydney) & maybe had a bit of grog on the flight & was feeling knickered upon arrival, just needed some brekkie & a visit to the dunny

so this definitely not bludger shelia at australian passport control starts questioning why i'm only going to be visiting her country for less than 24 hrs while traveling internationally...she thinks i'm either a 1) drug dealer or 2) arms trafficker

so i tell her i'm on holiday & intend to play golf...she flat out tells me that nobody visits oz for 1 round of golf & takes me to the back room where the managing bloke makes me repeat my story

the bloke gives me a squiz & asks me what course i'm going to play...i tell him "ellerston"...he tells me he plays golf & he's never heard of ellerston...he asks me where it is, i tell him i have a 4-5 hr drive thru the bush in north south wales

i give them a drum, never whinge, showing them my worldwide golf rating credentials & explain that ellerston is the private residence golf course of the kerry packer family (the richest family in australia) & that they are going to be disappointed if i don't arrive

when i show them the email with the invitation from one of the packer family members, the light goes on & they start apologizing profusely & wishing me a safe walkabout

upon arrival at ellerston, the security gate personnel had me sign a non disclosure statement & searched both me & my rental car

ellerston is situated on thousands of acres & is the packard family's private retreat in the wine country (family members travel by helicopter) with more than a dozen impeccably groomed polo fields on site...it reminds me of mayacama from an ambiance standpoint

ellerston is visually arresting & is greg norman's finest work...unfortunately, with less than 400 rounds a year (the only way to play the course is to be personally invited by a family member), it is the finest secret in golf...as a panelist for both golf magazine & golf digest, it would make the world top 100 lists in my book but not enough panelists have been allowed to visit

hooroo

midnight oil#

Fair dinkum mate. Good on ya.
OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842259727 said:

Beaver Dreams indeed. Fitting for today...or any day really.

NSFWAG
mikecohen
Shocky: What's with Rorie not playing in the nationally televised game today?
Aussie Bear
Shocky1;842259889 said:

so this definitely not bludger shelia at australian passport control starts questioning why i'm only going to be visiting her country for less than 24 hrs while traveling internationally...she thinks i'm either a 1) drug dealer or 2) arms trafficker 3) maybe both

when i show them the email with the invitation from one of the packer family members, the light goes on & they start apologizing profusely & wishing me a safe walkabout

ellerston is visually arresting & is greg norman's finest work...unfortunately, with less than 400 rounds a year (the only way to play the course is to be personally invited by a family member), it is the finest secret in golf...as a panelist for both golf magazine & golf digest, it would make the world top 100 lists in my book but not enough panelists have been allowed to visit

hooroo

midnight oil#

Strewth Shocky...my grandfather died 40 years ago and I reckon he would have said some of those colloquialisms were old. You'll have to learn to use them properly though. Maybe talk to a waitress at Outback Steakhouse.
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, jeff "let it fly" powers, tyrone "smooth puppy" wallace, justin "ice in his veins" cobbs, christian "the fast & furious" behrens & david "what not to wear" kravish

solo disappeared for the first 15 minutes doing his stretch 4 candy azz bs before imposing his time is now will on the game

off to the races (like lana del rey's lover, the bears are flawed but have undeniable heart)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lana+del+rey+off+to+the+races&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=44F6102AE773C549415744F6102AE773C5494157
Shocky1
mikecohen;842260000 said:

Shocky: What's with Rorie not playing in the nationally televised game today?

"some stuff happen at school"

-ahmaad rorie

growing up pains#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842252520 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
so i fly in this morning from scottsdale with my daughter shay & her friend katie, drop them off at fisherman's wharf for the afternoon & arrive late in berkeley close to game time...don't even look at my will call tix (in my world, a tix to any event has no correlation to where i usually sit, to me it's all open seating) and just sit down in the 1st row behind jay john, a couple feet away from montgomery & the bears brain trust

right before the opening tip, monty attempts to pull his chair away from td's chair but they are stuck together...in like a dumb & dumber movie scene, they spend 30 seconds examining and pulling on the chairs before they figured it out...these guys ain't that smart

so early in the game montgomery summons an eager night club hero jeff powers to go to the scorer's table...as he walks by, i'm telling powers to "let it fly, baby, no hesitation"...perhaps it's my imagination but i think powers gives me an imperceptible nod, yeah, let's do this

jp's 1st shot is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

minutes later powers squares up his shoulders & drains a 3 pter...polite applause from the crowd & loud props from the shockster

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...more polite applause from the crowd except me who's yelling, "let it fly, powers, no hesitation"

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...big crowd response & now i'm standing & screaming, "let it fly, baby, let's do this, let's do this"...a couple of the guys on the bench look over to see what the fired up dumb azz in the blue golf shirt & cal cap is going ape **** about

by now the crowd is getting into it...powers works his way into position, squares up & shoots it...kaboom, 4 in a row...i'm standing & screaming "yeah, let it fly, baby, let if fy" & waving my arms to get other people on their feet...there is a collective recognition that maybe something special is going on

haas is starting to get a serious buzz...there is an undeniable undercurrent of anticipation in the crowd & cal bench...powers releases another 3 pter & everybody who's not in a wheelchair is on their feet...bottom of the net, kaboom, 5 in a row...mike, td, gregg, johnny & theo are all looking at each other & grinning...monty by now is shaking his head & smiling...and i'm full throttle screaming by now yelling, "let it fly" which some of the other fans are also starting to repeat

furman's coach is yelling insructions at his players re: "the shooter"

this **** is getting live

by now most of the crowd is on their feet & yelling...the cal bench is going wild...powers catches the ball, squares up his shoulders & releases another 3 pter...the ball floats in slow motion thru the haas airspace with perfect roation...half of the crowd is screaming & the other half is holding their breath...kaboom, 6 3 pters in a row!...the entire cal coaching staff & players are on the floor (ref does not call a technical, he's smiling too as he runs back to the other end of the court)...i'm losing my voice screaming, "let it fly, baby, let it fly" & high fiving everyone around me

the cal universe is in a galaxy of absolute perfection, all the planets are perfectly aligned....jeff powers is 100% del fuego & he finally shows some emotion (dude is usually pretty stoic) with a world class fist pump for the electrified crowd & a smile forever etched in time

jeff powers told me at the santa barbara airport the morning after that game that he mentally prepares himself the same for every game, he's ready to roll...he told me that when he started against washington state, he was told of his starting role at the last minute...the guy never complains or throws a pity party for his broken down sorry azz, he just gets ready for the next game, the next moment of potential opportunity in his life

jeff powers is an unathletic dan majerle, he's a long range pure shooter who understands spacing that plays hard & doesn't commit turnovers...his lack of lateral defensive mobility can be masked for 5-6 minutes spurts by the bears playing zone d

monty & td screwed up by not giving powers a chance to heat it up behind the line during the bears' abysmal frigid shooting performance in the icy santa barbara thunderdome

cal family#
let it fly#

------

"i can't put into words how it felt but that was pretty special...just to play, i mean i really wasn't coming into tonight's game saying i want to to have 18 points and shoot 6 for 7...the shots fell, nothing really else i can say...when i put the amount of hours that i have over the years, i expect them to go in...i just think my teammates did a really good job of finding me when i did start hitting a couple...i owe more to my teammates than to myself tonight"

-jeff powers

fireworks#
let if fly#

Superhero#

jeff powers took 2 critical charges & drained 4-6 3 pters + 2-2 fts for 14 pts & zero turnovers

"jeff powers was fabulous...the ball is really coming out of his hand nice now...he feels real confident...(clearly the shockster comprehends better than my dumb azz the magic that jeff powers brings to this team)"

-mike montgomery

cal family#
night club hero#
let it fly#

Shocky1
nyc, what school has dominated the pac 12 mvp player of the year award during the last 20 years with twice as many winners as the runner up school?

answer: the university of california, berkeley

1993/1994-jason kidd
1995/1996-shareef abdur-rahim
1996/1997-ed gray
2000/2001-sean lampley
2009/2010-jerome randle
2010/2011-derrick williams (arizona)
2011/2012-jorge gutierrez
2012/2013-alan crabbe
2013/2014-justin cobbs*

*please note that this award is contingent upon jc developing a dedicated yoga practice this summer to eliminate his obvious angst and become better balanced both physically & mentally (like the shockster) with less of a perpetual pissed off/constipated demeanor

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world

justin cobbs scored 20 pts on 6-13 shooting including 1-2 3 pters & 7-9 clutch fts along with a jason kidd like 9 assists + 2 steals in leading his team to a 3rd pac 12 road win in a row

at this specific moment in time, justin "ice in his veins" cobbs (who broke his foot this summer) is playing like the 2013 pac mvp

pac 12 commish larry scott is apparently considering several cost saving measures including one whereby the pac 12 mvp trophy would be just left in monty's office (thereby saving the league significant shipping dollars) for his annual engraving (at cal's expense) of the name of the bears best player that season

justin cobbs=man of steel

pac 12 mvp trophy lives in berkeley#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842242686 said:

marinating with a chassie

his grandmother

tickling aaron rodgers' moustache

beast mode runs

cal family#
bay areas finest#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oaktown)

marshawn ain't got no time for the dumb azz media & their questions

best quote from yesterday: "i don't run to get tackled"

problem ain't marshawn, the nfl just needs better reporters

HoopDreams
No Monster Class thread is complete with out [SIZE="6"][COLOR="Navy"]The Master[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Future Hall of Fame Coach Monty, who puts game plans together that just carves up other teams

HoopDreams
This is what college basketball and TEAM is all about...

Shocky1
with the emergence of christian behrens & the steady improvement of kameron rooks along with the continued s&c development of roger moute a bidias, the bears will likely sign 1 more big this spring from among cameron oliver, sami eleraky & matt cimino...while cal could sign 2 more players depending upon how things play out, class size balancing considerations & monty's preference for leaving a scholly open for a potential future transfer, 1 more player is likely to join the 2014 monster class of ahmaad rorie & idrissa diallo

cimino is from falmouth, maine & attends the highly regarded academically worcester academy in mass which is a 3 hr drive from his home...matt rocks a 3.5 gpa & scored 1800 on the sat along with earning a spot on the school's coveted honor roll for the 1st trimester of the 2013-2014 yr

jamie sullivan, the longtime hc at the worcester academy told me that cimino is almost 6'10" & 210 lbs & that he needs to gain an additional 20-25 lbs of muscle to maximize his abilities (scott thom could help cimino create greatness)...sullivan is very knowledgeable of coach montgomery's reputation for developing players & that cimino plays a lot like kravish except that dk is a much better shot blocker

asst coach dan sullivan told me the following cimino stats for the team's first 10 games (team is 5-5 in a very tough league):

15.3 ppg
51% fgs
75+% fts (good stroke)
7.5 rpg
low turnovers (high bb iq)

both coaches told me that cimino is very mature for his age & extremely responsible, "just a great person"...his dad died 6 yrs ago from cancer...his sister ashley played bb at stanford & matt visited berkeley during one of her games at haas...ashley loved her collegiate experience in california & is currently working as a jr marketing mgr in new york

jamie sullivan told me that cimino did not blow up exposure wise because of his unselfish style of play during east coast aau hotdog ball last summer...he has strong interest from cal, wisconsin, boston college, stanford, northwestern, vanderbilt & the ivy leagues along with numerous colleges with strong bb programs/mediocre academics

worcester academy is currently playing 3-4 games a week thru the end of feb so cimino will take his official visits during march...cal will definitely be a player in his recruitment

cimino's twitter indicates that he could take over from hoop dreams & myself in writing this cal monster class thread...he has posts on where's waldo & jason kidd's hot timeout girl...matt seems to be curious, definitely not uptight & with a wicked sense of humor, in essence a strong cal fit

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including freezing azz new england)
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842260737 said:

"it's big, it show you we're a team...we have depth this year...we can go eight, nine deep and when and when jabari and ricky return, ten or eleven...it shows you what a team is really made of...i'm proud of these guys"

-justin "ice in his veins" cobbs

cal family#
the fast & furious#
let if fly#
Shocky1
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/08/6057385/preps-plus-grants-oliver-overcomes.html

cameron oliver's recruitment is shaping up as a cal (depending upon his sat score & 1st semester grades) vs arizona (depending upon who declares early for the nba draft)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

"he's a good student, a good kid, and you should see him at home...he can cook, he can bake, he can do laundary...he's going to make a great husband someday"

-denita oliver

cameron, is it a priority for you to share your collegiate bb experience with your mom & dad at every home game at the #1 public university in the world?

mom matters#
cal family#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842210843 said:

theo robertson is the most accurate 3 pt shooter in cal history...robertson shot a cal best 44% during his career including an amazing 48.7% his jr yr...for comparison, nba sharpshooter alan crabbe shot 34.8% & the bears team shot an abysmal 30.2% on 3 pters last season

so does incoming monster class volume scorer jordan mathews have a chance to challenge theo robertson's shooting records?

theo told me "jordan is a very skilled shooter...he has been making shots at an extremely high clip so far in practice...we will have have to see what he does when the lights come on...he will no doubt be a good shooter though"

theo robertson was not only a lights out long range shooter for the bears but also a highly respected teammate who often unselfishly played out of position because of cal's lack of depth at the time...he also was a lock down defender with a steely demeanor & a tireless work ethic

monty made a tactically wise decision in hiring robertson as the director of basketball operations as theo was not paid in his prior role with the program...theo is hopefully being groomed to eventually be on the bench as an asst coach...robertson could be a an older brother figure to bears recruiting targets in relentlessly watching them play in 100+ hs/aau games all the while explaining to players & their families from 1st hand experience the keys to balancing big time basketball with world class educational opportunities

theo robertson=old school
jordan mathews=new school

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

anybody else notice that during timeouts that jordan mathews & theo robertson (cal's 3 pt shooting guru) are usually conversing with one another?

what are they talking about?

theo robertson told me "we talk about a variety of things: where shots might come from, footwork, how defenses are playing, the scouting report, encouragement/challenge...we talk about everything"

cal family#
mentors matter#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842180325 said:

"to be honest, the best part about cal is hanging out with my teammates particularly the freshmen (monster) class because we're really, really close...if you're having a bad day, just hang out with sam, jabari, kam and roger, and you'll be good"

-jordan "off to the races" mathews

cal family#

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209371262
Shocky1
hopefully gennifer brandon will join her teammates in the near future perhaps even tonight for hc lindsey gottlieb's pac 12 opener vs oregon at haas...she is arguably the best rebounder in the nation with a relentless tenacity that must be seen to be believed

genn's dad gregory brandon (a 1984 seattle supersonics nba draft pick) was killed in 1997 in a police shootout after he was mistaken for an armed robbery suspect...she remembers the police coming to the door & then her mom valencia telling all the kids that their dad had been shot and killed & "had gone to heaven to live with the angels"

the family was homeless for long periods of time and bounced around dive hotels in la...valencia suffered from alcoholism & eventually lost custody of her 5 children

genn still talks to her mom & loves her more than ever

gennifer & her sister kimberly (who played for the sun devils & graduated from asu) were adopted by andre & michelle chevalier while their 3 brothers were split up from them

the #1 public university in the world is all about diversity & truly amazing individuals fighting truly staggering obstacles in the pursuit of a better life...there is no higher mission for the university of california, berkeley than for brandon to leave cal with a diploma

gennifer brandon is truly unbreakable

if you are in haas tonight, applaud & celebrate the road less traveled taken by gennifer brandon

cal family#

this evening after yoga i drove south with the top down & the music blaring from the speakers to hamilton hs in chandler to watch #11 nationally ranked (#1 ranked in arizona) desert vista & cal 2015 commit kristine anigwe for half a game

several of the desert vista parents told me she is 6"3" although the roster indicates she is 6'4"...kristine is built like reshanda gray & her playing style is very comparable...she runs the court and is very, very physical with a mental toughness the belies her smile...she does not have hops like gennifer brandon (who does?)

anigwe at this time does not possess a shooting range beyond shots in the paint...her fts are line drives & need a bit more loft

hamilton (an arizona powerhouse in football) double teamed her & when they sent the 3rd player to guard her when she received the ball in the paint, she made 2 absolutely amazing crisp on the money passes to a flashing backdoor teammate for easy layups...in that sense, kristine is already a more advanced passer than the bears current bigs

a couple of times she didn't run back down court preferring to cherry pick near midcourt and then receive an outlet for a layup...there was a funny moment when she caught a pass, patiently waited for the opposing guard to fly in the air past her almost into the padded wall, and then calmly shot a lay up

hamilton tried to bang her with elbows in her back & arms in her face, kristine did not complain at all to the refs but relentlessly demanded the ball with her outstretched arm offering an attractive target...she is agile like ashley walker & does not shy away from contact...anigwe knows how to finish

the thing that impressed me most was kristine cheering on the desert vista jv team in the opening game with her yells & foot stomps...she is a great teammate

kristine anigwe will likely be a mcdonalds all american next yr & the next great bears big in berkeley

cal family#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842251573 said:

it is highly unlikely that the bird will fly around haas sat afternoon...jb had x rays when the bears returned to berkeley on mon & hopefully this is nothing more than a severely sprained ankle

jb is receiving excellent medical treatment but it should be mentioned that his nurse wicked's left arm has some scary azz deal on it, who knows what's up with that...

unbreakable#

nurse wicked says that jabari bird will be greenlighted for the washington game & that ricky kreklow is probably 1-2 weeks away

cal medical staff is great (this is not a picture of barry parsons)#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842246204 said:

a couple of observations from sitting on the floor of haas vs fresno state:

***james harden's ferret faced bodyguard stood directly behind him with his hands firmly placed on the back of harden's folding chair during the game & made threatening gestures to everyone in the vicinity...so i walked over to mr ferret face & said "nice job keeping those perps away from james" gesturing at the little kids waiting to get moses's autograph (did not see harden honor a single fan request/autograph)...steroid boy looked over to see who i was talking about & then gave me his best stallone menacing look when he realized i was giving him crap...to make sure he got the point, as i walked back to my seat i said, "hey, nice balco jacket, pal"

harden should spend more of his $78.78m 5 yr contract on youth community activities and less on douche bag bodyguards

***screaming from the rooftops, helped the rally committee jinx arguably the worst free throw shooter in d1 basketball, karachi edo of fresno state

***checked out the assets of the cal dance team...i behaved myself & did not fold up any dollar bills for them

***pissed off the pac 12 network cameraman by jumping out of my seat every 38 seconds to yell about something thereby blocking his camera's view of the game (he moved to a different spot 5 minutes into the game after the director in the truck probably told him that half of his footage was of my butt)

***went over to the cal band conductor & respectfully asked him if they were going to play m83's "midnight city"...he seemed surprised by my request & politely said "no"... i asked him if he could play it for me & that it's currently my favorite song...so the cal band rocked "midnight city" during the next timeout to the sing along excitement of the shockster

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=midnight+city+concert+footage+m83&qpvt=midnight+city+concert+footage+m83&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=4951AC5C3E8490F1767D4951AC5C3E8490F1767D

isn't the cal band supposed to play our requested songs like the piano guy at the bevery hills hotel's polo lounge?...i dunno, maybe the cal band needs a tip jar or something

next time i'm gonna ask the cal band to play bay area's indie group, the limousines "we are very busy people"
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&qpvt=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=562866E831FE45E6A4C5562866E831FE45E6A4C5

there were 9342 fans having fun at haas, where were you?

cal family#
the magic of haas#
cal band is great#

are you gonna make your own memories at haas as the huskys & the cougars invade berkeley or not?

people who passively sleep walk (watch cal sports on tv) are not maximing their life's experiences...and they will regret it later on, "why was i such a lazy excuse making dumb azz?"

bears don't hibernate year round

roar a little bit

cal family#
the fast & furious#
let it fly#
Shocky1
this evening after yoga i drove south with the top down & the music blaring from the speakers to hamilton hs in chandler to watch #11 nationally ranked (#1 ranked in arizona) desert vista & cal 2015 commit kristine anigwe for half a game

several of the desert vista parents told me she is 6"3" although the roster indicates she is 6'4"...kristine is built like reshanda gray & her playing style is very comparable...she runs the court and is very, very physical with a mental toughness the belies her smile...she does not have hops like gennifer brandon (who does?)

anigwe at this time does not possess a shooting range beyond shots in the paint...her fts are line drives & need a bit more loft

hamilton (an arizona powerhouse in football) double teamed her & when they sent the 3rd player to guard her when she received the ball in the paint, she made 2 absolutely amazing crisp on the money passes to a flashing backdoor teammate for easy layups...in that sense, kristine is already a more advanced passer than the bears current bigs

a couple of times she didn't run back down court preferring to cherry pick near midcourt and then receive an outlet for a layup...there was a funny moment when she caught a pass, patiently waited for the opposing guard to fly in the air past her almost into the padded wall, and then calmly shot a lay up

hamilton tried to bang her with elbows in her back & arms in her face, kristine did not complain at all to the refs but relentlessly demanded the ball with her outstretched arm offering an attractive target...she is agile like ashley walker & does not shy away from contact...anigwe knows how to finish

the thing that impressed me most was kristine cheering on the desert vista jv team in the opening game with her yells & foot stomps...she is a great teammate

kristine anigwe will likely be a mcdonalds all american next yr & the next great bears big in berkeley

cal family#

kristine anigwe scored 18 pts on 7-10 fgs & 4-5 fts + 5 boards along with 5 personal fouls (told you she plays like reshanda gray) as desert vista (16-0) thundered by hamilton 61-47

hamilton tried to double & even triple team bang anigwe with sharp elbows in her back & slapping arms in her face but not once did she ever complain to the refs...she just relentlessly demanded the ball & finished thru contact (usually without dribbling) and then clapped her hands & screamed encouragement to fire up her teammates during timeouts

kristine anigwe's lack of whining reminds me of...................the shockster

when i caddied at san francisco golf club during hs & my cal days, the club allowed caddies to play on monday which is mainteance day...so for laughs the greenskeeping staff would wait until the caddies in a group were standing on a putting green & then turn all the sprinklers on us...if you cried like a little bitch, then they would follow you around all day turning the sprinklers on you...when the sprinklers would go on me, i would continue to calmly line up my putt from both sides, clean my ball, ask for a read from my playing partners, take 5 practice strokes and then putt out...after a while, the greenskeeping staff left me alone, i was a made man

the key factor in the washington state & washington games is whether or not richard solomon will play thru contact (solo has a huge size advantage over the cougs & huskys bigs & they will try to throw him off his game i.e. foul trouble) & maintaining a positive demeanor throughout the game (solo's whining to the refs demoralizes his teammates particuarly the younger guys, energizes his opponents who then think he's their candy azz bitch & lowers his nba scouting evaluations for being mentally weak)

if solo can forget about the stretch 4 bs crap & finish 8-10 dunks (with minimal dribbling) with monster screams, the bears will win the game

if a 16 yr old girl in az can play relentlessly thru illegal contact without whining, then a 6'11" 235 lb muscular dude that is being cross checked by nba organizations can do the same too

rich, your time is NOW...don't play like a candy azz bitch

cal family#
the fast & furious#
let it fly#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842260737 said:

"we have an excited group, animated on the bench...you need that energy...this group's gelled together really well...it's not just on the court...off the court, we're hanging together...it's a good group of guys and everyone really enjoys each other so that really helps our team's chemistry"

-david "what not to wear" kravish

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842256696 said:

idrissa diallo is playing with high energy & intensity for the cathedral phantoms (5-1) with a very high fg % which suggests not only a skilled shooting touch/finishing ability but also good shot selection

1st game: the phantoms denested the santee falcons 80-26 with iddy scoring 12 pts on 5-5 fgs & 2-4 fts along with 7 boards, 3 steals & a block

2nd game: cathedral galloped by the sunrise mountain mustangs 80-51 as iddy scored 21 pts on 9-10 fgs, 3-3 fts along with 4 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals & a block

3rd game: the phantoms wounded the woodbridge warriors 73-61 with iddy scoring 20 pts on 8-11 fgs, 4-6 fts along with a relentless 17 boards, 3 assists & a steal

4th game: cathedral endangered the graves county eagles 49-47 as iddy scored 14 pts, 6-9 fgs, 2-8 fts, 9 boards, an assist, a steal & an impressive get that garbage out of here 7 blocks

the cathedral ad told me that iddy is healthy & that he was rested the last 2 games "just to be safe" to ensure a full recovery...he considers idrissa to be "a really great kid"

diallo is staying in touch with his buddy roger moute a bidias & is eagerly anticpating his arrival in berkeley this summer after going home to senegal to have his visa renewed

go phantoms#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including los angeles & senegal)

iddy returned to the court scoring 16 pts on 8-14 fgs + 11 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals & 3 blocks as hc william middlebrooks mentored his cathedral phantoms (9-1) to a 58-31 taming of the fairfax lions

go phantoms#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842229638 said:

hey gohogs14, a couple of quick questions:

1) how effective & stilffling is the razorbacks press?...cal's freshmen have never played against such an intense d, this will likely be the key to the game

2) do all your head coaches still take key staff members on motorbike rides to build organizational goodwill?

3) are there any hippies in fayetteville?...do they smell bad like all the hippies in berkeley?...do you think hippies should be allowed to vote?

4) what % of your good looking cheerleaders are pursuing a mrs degree & would actually like to marry some successful guy with a cal, stanford or ivy league degree & make babies with them?

5) will any of your cheerleaders be willing to go out after the game with cal's night club hero with deep scoring skills from the vip section, jeff powers?

arkansas 87
kentucky 85

cal win vs razorbacks (12-4) is looking more & more like a good win

woo sooie#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842260989 said:

with the emergence of christian behrens & the steady improvement of kameron rooks along with the continued s&c development of roger moute a bidias, the bears will likely sign 1 more big this spring from among cameron oliver, sami eleraky & matt cimino...while cal could sign 2 more players depending upon how things play out, class size balancing considerations & monty's preference for leaving a scholly open for a potential future transfer, 1 more player is likely to join the 2014 monster class of ahmaad rorie & idrissa diallo

cimino is from falmouth, maine & attends the highly regarded academically worcester academy in mass which is a 3 hr drive from his home...matt rocks a 3.5 gpa & scored 1800 on the sat along with earning a spot on the school's coveted honor roll for the 1st trimester of the 2013-2014 yr

jamie sullivan, the longtime hc at the worcester academy told me that cimino is almost 6'10" & 210 lbs & that he needs to gain an additional 20-25 lbs of muscle to maximize his abilities (scott thom could help cimino create greatness)...sullivan is very knowledgeable of coach montgomery's reputation for developing players & that cimino plays a lot like kravish except that dk is a much better shot blocker

asst coach dan sullivan told me the following cimino stats for the team's first 10 games (team is 5-5 in a very tough league):

15.3 ppg
51% fgs
75+% fts (good stroke)
7.5 rpg
low turnovers (high bb iq)

both coaches told me that cimino is very mature for his age & extremely responsible, "just a great person"...his dad died 6 yrs ago from cancer...his sister ashley played bb at stanford & matt visited berkeley during one of her games at haas...ashley loved her collegiate experience in california & is currently working as a jr marketing mgr in new york

jamie sullivan told me that cimino did not blow up exposure wise because of his unselfish style of play during east coast aau hotdog ball last summer...he has strong interest from cal, wisconsin, boston college, stanford, northwestern, vanderbilt & the ivy leagues along with numerous colleges with strong bb programs/mediocre academics

worcester academy is currently playing 3-4 games a week thru the end of feb so cimino will take his official visits during march...cal will definitely be a player in his recruitment

cimino's twitter indicates that he could take over from hoop dreams & myself in writing this cal monster class thread...he has posts on where's waldo & jason kidd's hot timeout girl...matt seems to be curious, definitely not uptight & with a wicked sense of humor, in essence a strong cal fit

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including freezing azz new england)

high temps for today:

falmouth, maine- 45 degrees
worcester, massachusetts-46 degrees
berkeley, california -70 degrees

california dreamin'#
tenplay
Shocky1;842262456 said:

high temps for today:

falmouth, maine- 45 degrees
worcester, massachusetts-46 degrees
berkeley, california -70 degrees

california dreamin'#

51% fgs for a 6-10 player in high school is pretty low unless he is more of a jump-shooter who hasn't developed an inside game yet. What's the story?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842216986 said:

gametime tonight, baby

this is cal basketball#
let's roll#

ambition#
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, theo "the shooting guru" robertson, gregg "the grinder" gottlieb, travis "fastbreak 206" decuire, "hustling" johnny montgomery & jay "the mastermind" john

mr cranky pants is not pictured because he is trying to get ivan rabb's autograph & is already breaking down film & gameplanning for the upset hungry washington state cougars (the bears need to kick the cougs to the curb, adios demi)

the cal coaching staff's theme song on their unsuccessful efforts to get the monster class to hustle back on transition d & play lockdown d
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=madcon+beggin&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=16DE41FE73B5DC7AF8F816DE41FE73B5DC7AF8F8
calfanz
Confirmed that Cal commit Ahmaad Rorie has left Montverde Academy (Fla.) and re-enrolled at Lincoln, according to Abes coach Aubrey Shelton.
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.